Gamestop Pick up @ stores

in store and online prices are usually different, also noticed they jacked up the price on used 360s, nice!

From the page linked to by SloppyBob:
Will I pay the online price or the store price?

You will be paying at the store, so you'll pay the store price on the day you pick up. Most of the time our online prices and store prices are similar. Although we strive to keep our online and in-store pricing consistent, we occasionally come across special online deals that cannot be duplicated in stores or special in-store deals that cannot be duplicated online for various reasons. Rather than pass over these opportunities, we choose to allow our customers to take advantage of them.
That quote is directly from the GS website regarding this new "feature"... Clearly states that if you want to pick it up in-store, you must pay in-store price. No online deals for in-store pick-up. Pretty lame IMHO. Ill pass...

I personally like this feature for those hard to find games. I've used it quite a few times already since it's introduction and picked up Etrian Odyssey and F1 2009.

Or they could rollback to the old version of the site that wasn't a total eyesore and difficult to navigate. How in the hell could such an atrocious design get approved? It's like they want it to be bad.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of this. If you have to pay the instore price why not just go to the store and pick it up? What's the point of adding this extra step to the process?

Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense, at all. Maybe, down the line, they are going to tweak it to actually make it a meaningful option, but for now, it does seem absolutely pointless.

[quote name='rainking187']Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of this. If you have to pay the instore price why not just go to the store and pick it up? What's the point of adding this extra step to the process?[/QUOTE]

So, you are guaranteed the game as it should be on hold for you for short time? (what is the time frame you have to pick up a game if you use this option?) This more true with a used title than new...especially something rare (of course this goes out the windows if the rare game you want is disc only).

Pick-up in store is defeated, for used items at least, if you live in places that have GS hold traded in items for x-number of days before selling since the website will always show what store has a game in-stock regardless if they can sell it just yet.

bread's done
Back