GameStop Power Saver sale starts 4/1?

brianace

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/032511/olfsi_032511-2.aspx
The second page of this week's Gamestop ad says that the Power Saver sale starts this week, April 1. Anyone excited about this? I'm normally not a Gamestop fan, but I seem to recall last year's sale had a few gems in it. AC2 was $20, which was quite a good deal back then, as was X-men Origins Wolverine, which I bought for $20. That was a pretty fun GOW clone. Beat it in about a week, then traded it in for close to what I paid for it.
Anyways, any ideas what might be in this week's sale? I'm not holding my breath for anything great, but I might pad out my backlog for the right deal.

I used to pick up a few items at these sales in the past but ever since they started gutting their games, I stopped caring. A lot of people are probably thinking why it matters but I just don't like the idea of a opened "new" game that's been handled by random shoppers and GS employees. That's what used games are for.

Their game selection have been fairly poor in the past two years, too. They had good games but most of them were already put on sale online for the same or lower price (usually by Amazon).

I'm excited because they tend to have a few good deals. I always price match these at Best Buy for the rewards points and to make sure I get an unopened copy.

Do you think Pokemon Black and White going to be there on the power saver sale? Couldn't get the deal at TRU so I'm trying to wait if I can get Pokemon B/W cheaper.

[quote name='Cangriman']Do you think Pokemon Black and White going to be there on the power saver sale? Couldn't get the deal at TRU so I'm trying to wait if I can get Pokemon B/W cheaper.[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. This sale is generally older games, or stuff that didn't sell too great, neither of which suggests Pokemon B&W to me. As was mentioned earlier in the thread, a lot of the prices are higher than you can get the games for elsewhere anyways. But do your homework, and you could walk away with a couple of gems. I'm hoping for some compilations maybe, like GTA Complete or The Sly Collection. Enslaved is a good bet, that game seems to have turned up everywhere sub-$20 lately. Mafia 2 maybe. I would totally buy that for under twenty bucks. Come to think of it, I did. On buy.com a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='Vinny']I used to pick up a few items at these sales in the past but ever since they started gutting their games, I stopped caring. A lot of people are probably thinking why it matters but I just don't like the idea of a opened "new" game that's been handled by random shoppers and GS employees. That's what used games are for.

Their game selection have been fairly poor in the past two years, too. They had good games but most of them were already put on sale online for the same or lower price (usually by Amazon).[/QUOTE]

Ask them for an unopened copy.

At my gamestop the manager will always give you an unopened. (Especially when all DLC is missing)

[quote name='Dark Rider']Ask them for an unopened copy.

At my gamestop the manager will always give you an unopened. (Especially when all DLC is missing)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not all stores keep sealed copies behind the counter. Some simply open everything they have and dump all the cases into the bins.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Ask them for an unopened copy.

At my gamestop the manager will always give you an unopened. (Especially when all DLC is missing)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Unfortunately, not all stores keep sealed copies behind the counter. Some simply open everything they have and dump all the cases into the bins.[/QUOTE]

None of the GS I visited last year had any actual new copies. There are five in my hometown and 2 back in school and all of them gutted every single store and left out the cases/manuals out in the open for all the shitheads to fondle.

bread's done
Back