Gamestop Powerup Rewards: 15% off new, 20% off used coupons YMMV

jgressley

CAGiversary!
I just happened to check my offers on the Powerup Rewards site and found 1 each of the following one time use coupons:
- 15% off new games and accessories, expires 12/31/12
- 20% off used games and accessories coupons, expires 12/31/12

I'm not sure if this is widespread or if I was just visited individually by the coupon fairy, but these are decent considering their current trade in promotions going on right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see that but did get the steal of the week of 25% off any used game or accessory. pretty sweet since somehow i got 20,000 points from trade in's over the week end. Was there a double or triple point promo going on?

I don't have these offers either. But logging in did find something quite strange - they removed 5,770 points as a "Points Processing Error." I never received a huge amount of points... the most was 7,700 for buying a Wii U. I sent them an email asking why they'd been taken out. Anyone else ever have this happen? Next time I'll have to spend the points ASAP...

[quote name='rohitman']I don't have these offers either. But logging in did find something quite strange - they removed 5,770 points as a "Points Processing Error." I never received a huge amount of points... the most was 7,700 for buying a Wii U. I sent them an email asking why they'd been taken out. Anyone else ever have this happen? Next time I'll have to spend the points ASAP...[/QUOTE]

This happened to me. I thought they just gave out points or something. I didn't bother spending them because I didn't think it was an error on their part. Kinda sucks. ~_o

[quote name='rohitman']I don't have these offers either. But logging in did find something quite strange - they removed 5,770 points as a "Points Processing Error." I never received a huge amount of points... the most was 7,700 for buying a Wii U. I sent them an email asking why they'd been taken out. Anyone else ever have this happen? Next time I'll have to spend the points ASAP...[/QUOTE]

They claim that double points was accidentally in effect for all of november and half of october and they fixed it by taking away those points from everyone during that period.

[quote name='oldboy26']Don't see that but did get the steal of the week of 25% off any used game or accessory. pretty sweet since somehow i got 20,000 points from trade in's over the week end. Was there a double or triple point promo going on?[/QUOTE]

You better redeemed them ASAP because I had 93,000 lifetime points and a few days ago I saw I was missing about 22,000. When I checked my account activity, it said "miscalculation error" from GameStop. I have no way to find out of that is even true since my activity statement only goes so far back. So beware and spend them soon before they "decide" to take them back with a petty excuse.

Thanks, OP, but sadly I didn't receive any coupons. I was going to bite on a new copy of Sonic & All-Stars Transformed for 15% off but I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah all I got was 25% off a used game or accessory which I still may end up using but wouldve liked to use the 15% off on LBP for the Vita

Never really used any of my points before. So if I snag the 25% off pre-owned coupon for 6,000 points today, does it have an expiration date of any kind? End of this week? Month? Year? Or can I just hold on to it until I find something I want to use it on?. Am I allowed to snag more than 1?

[quote name='EGWill']Never really used any of my points before. So if I snag the 25% off pre-owned coupon for 6,000 points today, does it have an expiration date of any kind? End of this week? Month? Year? Or can I just hold on to it until I find something I want to use it on?. Am I allowed to snag more than 1?[/QUOTE]

Reading is FUNdeMENTAL.
Get 25% off the purchase of any one pre-owned game or accessory, from Monday, December 10, through Sunday, December 30. Use it to get that game you just missed, that wireless controller you’ve been looking for, or hundreds of other items. Hurry and redeem this coupon for 6,000 points, as it’s only available until Sunday, December 16!

It does appear you can order more than one. It says limit 1 per customer, but I believe that means at time of redemption in store. I ordered one already to get Ragnarok Odyssey for the Vita and it let's me start to order a 2nd one, but I won't go that far since I don't want a 2nd.

"You do not currently have any offers. Check out the available rewards in the reward catalog!"

I have over 16,000 points and a lot of activity yet I have NEVER received any offer other members get. Not one.

[quote name='roundhouse']I never get this kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]

Join the club. This or best buy freebies I don't receive

[quote name='Anexanhume']They claim that double points was accidentally in effect for all of november and half of october and they fixed it by taking away those points from everyone during that period.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that explanation as I was really scratching my head. One would think the better business practice would be to leave the points alone rather than piss off customers. Then again, I'm talking about Gamestop.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Reading is FUNdeMENTAL.[/QUOTE]

What? You actually want me to click on the Steal of the week banner or somethin'? ;-)

Was going to wait for another b2g1 deal to nab Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 and probably snag Far Cry 3 or Xcom as the free one. Thinking I would rather use $45 credit for Black Ops 2 now and use a 2nd coupon to pick up Halo 4 after Xmas (since I cant afford the $39.99 cash price right now that everyone else is offering this week. The 3rd game (if I waited for the b2g1) probably wouldn't get touched until next Xmas with my current backlog.

Thanks for the help! And thanks for the head's up, OP!

egw

[quote name='EGWill']

Was going to wait for another b2g1 deal to nab Black Ops 2 and Halo 4 and probably snag Far Cry 3 or Xcom as the free one. Thinking I would rather use $45 credit for Black Ops 2 now and use a 2nd coupon to pick up Halo 4 after Xmas (since I cant afford the $39.99 cash price right now that everyone else is offering this week. The 3rd game (if I waited for the b2g1) probably wouldn't get touched until next Xmas with my current backlog.

egw[/QUOTE]

Things just got even better! Just saw the post on Halo 4 (new) for $40 as the Gamestop deal of the day, so it looks like BlOps2 will now have to wait until after Xmas! Now to see if I can rent Halo 4 tonight and snag that free Crimson Map pack (another post here) before it's dead.

[quote name='Blank Earth']My points are also curiously high. Sounds like I'd better use them while I can.[/QUOTE]

wonder where all the weed went :)

stupid question but where you would see these coupons at

Yeah I had these in my offers. Used the new one to get Halo 4 for $33.99 and BLOPS 2 used for $39.59. It was a nice coupon to find.

[quote name='technicalstylez']none for me. on another note, is the gs site being weird for anyone else? keeps timing out on me =/[/QUOTE]

The poweruprewards site was crashing my chrome browser earlier today.

I'll start the begging. If anyone wants to trade a % off used coupon I have a butt load of online passes and DLC for trade. PM me.

No coupons for me either. I would have loved to use that 20% off for a used Black Ops 2 for Wii U. But anyways, about the point transaction error, when it all started for me, I had close to 11,000 points, then I got hit with the negative 11,xxx for the points transaction error, putting me into negative. Then I bought a used NBA2K12 as a holiday gift for a young cousin, which put me back in the postive with a total of 150 or so. Then, today, I see I have around 4,990 points, with nothing crazy on my card activity history. So who knows what is going on with them.

bread's done
Back