Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Thread - SotW 11/13-11/20: $5 off pre-owned Assassin's Creed

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!
I've seen PUR talk in multiple GameStop threads, as well as a couple threads dedicated to the Steal of the Week, so I figure it's about time we have a thread dedicated to PUR. I'll try to keep it updated every week with the Steal of the Week and any additional eye-catching rewards.

FAQs and general info are in the second post.

Epic Reward
11/1 - 11/31
Assassin's Creed Leave Your Legacy Epic Experience.

Giveaway Includes:

• Your likeness as a character in the next
    Assassin's Creed game!
  • Trip for 2 to the Ubisoft Montreal studios with
    exclusive tour.
  • Swag bag full of one-of-a-kind Assassin's Creed gear.
Special Promotions

Saint's Row "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes
Just pre-order* Saints Row: The Third between Wednesday, September 28 and Monday, November 14, and pick up your copy by Tuesday, November 22, to be instantly entered in the "Ultimate Player" Sweepstakes. The grand prize winner receives:

• Mitsubishi 92" 3D Home Cinema TV (Yes, that's 92 inches, as in, "Which wall should I cover with my 92-inch TV?")
  • Premium surround sound system
  • Home theater chair
  • 2 next generation game consoles
  • Saints Row: The Third Collectors' Editions for both systems
  • Four collectable limited edition posters

Steal of the Week
11/21 - 11/27
Get 25% Extra Trade Credit Toward Any Pre-Order
Cost: 1500 points

$5 Off Select Pre-Owned Assassin’s Creed Games

Get 25% extra trade credit toward the pre-order of any new game from Monday, November 21, through Sunday, December 11

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AcidRain25']Got my grab bag today also. All the same stuff as posted above but I also got some Hunted Demon Forge temporary stick on tattoos.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poker360']So grab bag's are pretty much random things they throw together that no one else is buying? Nice.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's not random if they both got the same stuff. I hope that's not the case. Not that that's bad stuff I just thought the whole point was for it to all be different things. I ordered one and I hope it's different stuff just so I'm surprised.

i actually feel the opposite, if i hadnt alrdy spent all my points i'd definitely be in for one of the grab bags, seems like a good value when you add up what all the items would cost seperate (nearly 20k)

Yeah that may be true, but would you have used your points on all that stuff separately? I wouldn't, but of course everyone has different taste. I'd rather save up a few more points and save $25 on a used game.

Not too bad of a haul for the grab bags. I'm interested to see when more people order them, if the contents will truly change.

Considering I spent 4600 on the Tactics Ogre cards alone, yeah... I'd definitely have hopped on this. Too bad I won't now since I already have them, haha.

Unrelated edit: I'm a little late updating the OP and whatnot, but with CAG being all weird lately it's hard to.

I think I'm gonna go with that COD t-shirt instead of the grab bag, haven't decided yet.. how long does it take to ship your stuff?

[quote name='Jurassic425']I dont know if this has been said, but who would spend 7500 PUR points for a BG21 used game coupon? That's absolutely ridiculous. Especially when you consider how often Gamestop has B2G1 sales. This is both laughable and sickening.[/QUOTE]

In addition to the other response...Usually when they have these sales, they get picked clean and you are often running around trying to fnd the game(s) you want. With the coupon, you don't have to compete with every tom dick and harry

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Thread title needs to be changed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, pumpkin... I had no idea. :roll:

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I'm a little late updating the OP and whatnot, but with CAG being all weird lately it's hard to.[/QUOTE]

Anyway, CAG seems like it's back to normal so I'll do some updating today.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Thanks, pumpkin... I had no idea. :roll:

Anyway, CAG seems like it's back to normal so I'll do some updating today.[/QUOTE]

Aren't we just cute today.

Just got an email for a trade-in promotion this weekend towards a 3DS. $99.99 when you trade a DS Lite, DSi/XL. No idea on the cost of the coupon.

Edit: not sure if it will cost points.

[quote name='joseraul']Just got an email for a trade-in promotion this weekend towards a 3DS. $99.99 when you trade a DS Lite, DSi/XL. No idea on the cost of the coupon.

Edit: not sure if it will cost points.[/QUOTE]

The email makes it seem it doesn't cost anything, since it'll appear in your "active offers" automatically.

Really not a bad deal, trading in a DSLite for $70. Too bad I don't want a 3DS.

[quote name='Mister Herriman']Just to throw it out there, I got my grab bag today and it was the exact same as Jackie Chandler's. So yeah, not so random.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Only thing I got different was a Duke Nukem coozy instead of the Tactical Ogre cards. That sucks that we all got the same stuff.

[quote name='sbaker44']Same here. Only thing I got different was a Duke Nukem coozy instead of the Tactical Ogre cards. That sucks that we all got the same stuff.[/QUOTE]

same stuff received here too...
...feelin kinda tricked

[quote name='JoViYo']same stuff received here too...
...feelin kinda tricked[/QUOTE]

I sent them an email. Basically just said I was disappointed that they weren't random like I was led to believe. That I had some friends (you guys are my friends right?:grouphug:) that got the same stuff.

A little off topic....I have 2 computers in my house, 1 is significantly older than the new one i just bought. When I got to the Powerup home page, NONE of the links will open on my new computer (get IE Error) . On my old computer, all of the links open no problem. I have checked the IE settings and everything is the same. Anybody have any guess as to whats going on? Thanks

Oh, and also say good-bye to the PSN 300 points codes.
I loved that they were there and I went to get some today, and they are gone.
That didn't last very long........

[quote name='Cameron4All']Oh, and also say good-bye to the PSN 300 points codes.
That didn't last very long........[/QUOTE]

they'll be back

[quote name='orale1226']Btw GS pre-owned deal of the week is Pokemon HG or SS for 24.99. Yay...[/QUOTE]

Yay indeed ! eventhough this deal should be the msrp of this game by now. I share your enthusiasim :)

Is it ironic at all that the "Steal of the Week" is you giving them your copy of Mario All-stars for $20 in credit? Aren't they doing the stealing then?

How long does it take for GS to put the b2g1 free coupon in your active offers once you renew. I go on PUR site and see that I already got the points but I didn't get the coupon. That's 85% of the reason why I renewed my membership

[quote name='Cameron4All']Oh, and also say good-bye to the PSN 3000 points codes.
That didn't last very long........[/QUOTE]
They've been appearing and disappearing very quickly. It'll likely be back, though.

[quote name='leshrac55']Is it ironic at all that the "Steal of the Week" is you giving them your copy of Mario All-stars for $20 in credit? Aren't they doing the stealing then?[/QUOTE]

$20 for a $30 game seems pretty good.

[quote name='whoknows']$20 for a $30 game seems pretty good.[/QUOTE]

And with the PUR bonus it's $22.

Compare that with current values elsewhere:

Best Buy: $8 ($11.20 possible with preorder)
Amazon: $18.90 (case and manual required)
Cashforgamers.com: $10

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Granted you can get $20+ on ebay after fees and shipping and whatnot, but that takes more effort and isn't much better.

Steal of the Week updated. Lame, but at least it's something everyone can use.

For all the points hoarders out there... this was just added to the "coming soon" pile. Never played Warhammer, but this looks epic enough to want.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Steal of the Week updated. Lame, but at least it's something everyone can use.

For all the points hoarders out there... this was just added to the "coming soon" pile. Never played Warhammer, but this looks epic enough to want.[/QUOTE]

"Ornamental weapon"? That's B.S. I want the real thing.

[quote name='technicalstylez']its for used[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought so but the GS chick kept saying I could use it for New AND Used... I also tried to tell her and the people in front of me that Modern Warfare 3 was not going to sell out and there was no need to pre-order...

Speaking of Kongregate : I don't think I saw it mentioned in this thread, so :

They have some game called "War Metal Tyrant" that they're pushing hard right now (gamestop keeps giving out nag-cards when you buy something). You get powerup points based on the level of the game you get to :

50 just to play, 100 - level 2, 250 - level 5, 500 - level 10.

I don't use Kongregate so I have no idea what that entails, but the nag-card claims that its free, so for people needing some points, its an option.

Just wanted to mention it. :)

I just got my b2g1. The expiration date is pretty soon. When I first did the PUR the coupon lasted for 3 months? Guess Im going to have to use it kinda soon before all these games start coming out.

[quote name='savagepastry']Speaking of Kongregate : I don't think I saw it mentioned in this thread, so :

They have some game called "War Metal Tyrant" that they're pushing hard right now (gamestop keeps giving out nag-cards when you buy something). You get powerup points based on the level of the game you get to :

50 just to play, 100 - level 2, 250 - level 5, 500 - level 10.

I don't use Kongregate so I have no idea what that entails, but the nag-card claims that its free, so for people needing some points, its an option.

Just wanted to mention it. :)[/QUOTE]

Found it, it goes by just "Tyrant" (it's an MMO CCG :whistle2:#). They have it on the main splash page. The payout goes like this:

Play the Game: 50 points
Reach Level 2: 100 points
Reach Level 5: 250 points + Sweepstakes Entry for $10,000 gift card
Reach Level 10: 500 points + another Sweepstakes Entry

However, the Sweepstakes mentioned getting a code in order to enter. It's free to obtain from all Gamestop locations, I'm just not sure if it's need to get the PUR points.

I've never used a "code" but I've gotten my 150 points for getting the first two levels.

The game's not that bad, but it's rather dull for a CCG, just like all the other online CCGs on Kongregate.

Guess it's just for the sweepstakes then. Would you say it'd be a grind to get to level 10? I don't buy much from Gamestop, so I build points pretty slowly. I wouldn't mind getting to level 10 if it'd get me near 1000 points.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Guess it's just for the sweepstakes then. Would you say it'd be a grind to get to level 10? I don't buy much from Gamestop, so I build points pretty slowly. I wouldn't mind getting to level 10 if it'd get me near 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does take a while. I've probably played close to 2 hours or so and I'm level 4 right now. But you're also limited by "energy" which you expend playing battles, which recharges over time, so you can't just play for 4 hours straight and hit level 10 that way.

bread's done
Back