Gamestop Preorder Bonuses Thread - Updated 5/23 - UPDDATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
The following will be a constant effort at providing the lastest Gamestop Preorder Bonuses for all you faithful CAGs. When it comes time to choose where to buy your latest game, it's always good to know if Gamestop has an incentive for you. So, here goes.

Preorder bonuses are usually available for pick-up at the time you pick up your reserved game from Gamestop. For online orders, the bonus ships with the game. Exceptions will be noted. In the case of games released previously to the current date, supplies are as available. Some bonuses are only available for specific platforms.

Newest Updates

Multi-Platform Offers

Batman: Arkham Asylum (All Editions)
Platforms: 360, PS3, PC
MSRP: $49.99-$99.99
Release Date: 9/1/09
Reserve Batman: Arkham Asylum and receive a GameStop Exclusive in-game Villain Challenge Map.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Batman: Arkham Asylum

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Platforms: 360, PS3
MSRP: $59.99
Release Date: 12/31/09
BFBC2_bonus.jpg

Reserve Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get instant access to the UMP machine gun for multiplayer action.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...matchallpartial&Ntt=Battlefield Bad Company 2

Fight Night Round 4
Platform: 360, PS3
Release Date: 6/29/09
Reserve Fight Night Round 4 and receive exclusive 2 week early access to the Fight Night Round 4 Demo. GameStop exclusive early access will begin 2 weeks prior to the demo's release in early summer 2009.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...mode+matchallpartial&Ntt= Fight Night Round 4

Fuel
Platform: 360, PS3, PC
MSRP: $39.99-$59.99
Release Date: 6/2/09
FUEL_bonus.jpg

Reserve Fuel and receive a GameStop exclusive in-game Warrior vehicle.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=fuel

Ghostbusters
Platform: Wii, DS, 360, PS3, PS2, PC
MSRP: $29.99-$59.99
Release Date: 6/16/09
Ghostbusters_shirt_bonus.jpg

Reserve Ghostbusters and receive a GameStop exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ord&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Ghostbusters

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Platform: Wii, DS, PSP, PS2
MSRP: $29.99-$49.99
Release Date: 6/9/09
staff_bonus.jpg

Reserve Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and receive a free mini strategy guide.
Wii Bonus Only: Purchase this title and receive an e-Movie Cash coupon code good for one free movie ticket. E-Movie Cash tickets are good for one movie admission up to $10.00 to any movie at any participating e-Movie Cash theatre.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=indiana jones staff

Need for Speed: Shift
Release Date: 9/22/09
MSRP: $49.99-$59.99
When you pre-order the game at GameStop, you will get exclusive access to the Need for Speed SHIFT Hero Car.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Need for Speed: Shift

Prototype
Prototype_bonus.jpg
Proto_bonus.jpg

the GameStop exclusive Critical Hints Map with Biohazard Tube container and Alex Mercer figurine.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...eyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=Prototype

Red Faction: Guerrilla
Platforms: 360, PS3, PC
RFG_Handbook_bonus.jpg

Reserve Red Faction: Guerrilla and receive a Guerrilla Handbook containing:

• 128 pages of story details, tips, tricks, cheats and art including a 28 page comic book exclusive.
  • Four Wrecking Crew Maps: Compete against your friends to cause the most destruction with these exclusive unlockable Wrecking Crew party-game maps..
  • Two Bonus Coupons for $5 off the Official Strategy Guide and $10 off a Microsoft Xbox 360 Live Wireless Headset.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...ode+matchallpartial&Ntt=red faction guerrilla

Tiger Woods: PGA Tour 10
Platforms: Wii, 360, PS3
Release Date: 6/8/09
Wii Preorder Bonus: Reserve Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 and receive a Wii Remote Controller skin that resembles a golf club grip.
360/PS3 Bonus: Reserve Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 and receive a code to unlock the golf course Spyglass Hill.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...e+matchallpartial&Ntt=Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10

UP
Platforms: Wii, 360, PS3, PS2
MSRP: $19.99-$39.99
Release Date: 5/26/09
Reserve UP and receive a voucher for a free ticket to the movie UP. Valid for up to $7.50 towards one admission. Valid 5/29/09 to 7/15/09.http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=up

Nintendo Wii

Little King's Story
MSRP: $49.99
Release Date: 7/21/09
Onii_bonus.jpg

Reserve The Little King's Story and receive an Onii Stress Doll.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72037

Nintendo DS

Knights in the Nightmare
MSRP: $34.99
Release Date: 6/2/09
180961_bonus.jpg

Reserve Knights in the Nightmare and receive a 100 page, full color art book entitled: Knights in the Nightmare: Tome of Lost Souls. Reservations will also include a limited edition CD soundtrack.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73957

XBox 360

No console-specific offers at this time. See Multi-Platform offers.

Playstation 3

Infamous
Release Date: 7/1/09
Gigawatt_Blades.jpg

Reserve inFAMOUS and receive a code that unlocks the GameStop exclusive Gigawatt Blades Power. With electric blades extending from his wrists, a single blow annihilates any foe and transforms Cole's hands into instruments of sheer destruction. Yet still gentle enough to allow for the occasional tickling.
Additional Bonus: Purchase inFAMOUS and receive a Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta voucher.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71713

PS2

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2
MSRP: $39.99
Release Date: 5/12/09
devilsaga_bonus.jpg

Reserve Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner 2 and receive a rare limited edition “Raiho” plushie.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-L3dcpf1dTOdTZGI.XJE4Cg

PSP

PC

Bionic Commando
Platform: PC
MSRP: $39.99
Release Date: 7/28/09
Bionic_Commando_bonusLG.jpg

Reserve Bionic Commando and receive a GameStop Exclusive Bionic Commando Collectors Patch Set.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/sear...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=bionic commando

Dragon Age Origins

MSRP: $49.99
Release Date: 11/3/09
647500_bonus.jpg

Reserve Dragon Age Origins and receive: The Memory Ring - An in-game item that allows your character to accumulate experience points at an accelerated rate and therefore level up more efficiently; and The Memory Band - Made by the Formari, these lyrium-infused rings are supposed to help apprentices retain their lessons.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72850

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it has been said yet but fable 2 deal is over but their is now a music download that you can get on a different but legit site (look on the forums for details).

Added bonus for Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria. Removed Fable 2, NBA Live 2009, NBA Live 2009 All Play, and SOCOM: Confrontation bonuses. Thanks, WesWarlord for the head's up on the Castlevania bonus.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Lame if it's a downloadable soundtrack, but I preordered it anyways on the chance that it's not. Here's hoping![/quote]
Do want to know if it's a download code or a physical CD.

If it's a code, they can stuff it up their a$$.

EDIT: I'm a freaking idiot nevermind. but i still ask the guy that got the artbook did you just get the managers copy or what?

[quote name='Gumby the Green']EDIT: I'm a freaking idiot nevermind. but i still ask the guy that got the artbook did you just get the managers copy or what?[/quote]

If you're talking about the Dead Space artbook the cashier just pulled mine out of a drawer with maybe 8 other ones.

[quote name='Gumby the Green']EDIT: I'm a freaking idiot nevermind. but i still ask the guy that got the artbook did you just get the managers copy or what?[/quote]At the recent GS manager's conference, they made samples available of the Dead Space, Rise Of The Argonauts and GOW 2 LE artbooks, with "Display Only" slapped on the front of them.

oh man that kinda makes me sad, and yeah i was talking about the dead space book, i guess i didn't realize i didn't make a mention of it after editing it. yeah pretty much the only other game I'm kinda interested in but won't have time for it because of fallout and fable and was just looking to get the special suit and art book for when i actually get it in a few months

Well guys, I sent Gamestop an email asking if the CD was a code or not. This is the reply:

Dear Valued Customer,

The soundtrack is a bonus CD that will be shipped with the game instead of a downloadable code.

Best regards,
John Customer Service Agent

Anyone have any experience preordering from bn.com? It supposed to be run by gamestop, and has the exact same blubs as their website

Called several of my local Gamestops and none have CoD5 beta codes. The last couple I talked to said they are taking your emails and you will be sent them from the online. They never took my email when I preordered or ever so yea looks like I gotta go get that set up and hope for the best.

EDIT:Called the online customer service number to see if they can help. They take your name the date and some other code from the receipt and your email addy where you want the code sent. Set it all up and send it to the team handling the beta and said expect it in less than 24 hours.

1-800-883-8895 don't press any buttons just wait and you'll get a actual living breathing person.

Edit: WORKS! Got my code about 4 hours after I called. :)

Well they actually added another line to the Mirror's Edge thing:

Reserve Mirror’s Edge and receive a code to gain exclusive access to the Mirror’s Edge Time Trial Mode.

Not sure if that's a bonus, or that IS the demo though...

Wait, when you pre-order online, do they ship it to you? Or does it just notify them you have pre-ordered it, and you can pick it up?

The text for the Spider-man bonus is all screwed up on the GS site. Anyone know what the shirt looks like?

I'm a sucker for Spider-man, and this is probably one of the few games outside of the AAA titles that I'd pay full price for.

[quote name='khloudstrife']On your description of the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows pre-order, you put Spider-Man: Web of Shadows vs. DC Universe[/QUOTE]

I'd pay to see that. And really, another shirt? Wasn't there a vote to decide what the preorder bonus would be? Did the shirt seriously win?

[quote name='khloudstrife']On your description of the Spider-Man: Web of Shadows pre-order, you put Spider-Man: Web of Shadows vs. DC Universe[/quote]

Heh, I just cut and pasted what was on the website. The description on the page does say that. Fixed now. I'll keep an eye on it in case the description changes or a picture of the t-shirt is provided.

Added bonus for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Posted this in the Amazon thread, but I know several people were wondering. Amazon is now offering the 2 track CD as a pre-order bonus for Chrono Trigger.

Dead Space
Available on 360, PS3, PC
Release Date: 10/14/08
Dead_Space_bonus.jpg

All Platforms: Pre-order Dead Space and receive a limited edition art book, written and illustrated by development team.
360/PS3 Only: Reserve Dead Space and receive the Exclusive Level Scorpion Rig – the strongest in the game. It offers increased toughness and inventory slots above what lower level suits provide. Hold off the Necromorph onslaught for longer, and hold more items and weapons. (This bonus includes downloadable content. See website for details.)

Is there any reason why the art book promo is no longer being displayed on Gamestop.com? There downloadable outfit code is still being offered, but I don't see anything about the art book on the Dead Space page on GS' website.

I'm a little confused as to whether or not the art book for Persona 4 and Eternal Poison are eligible for in store reserves. I have a list of the Premium SKUs for GS and neither are listed, even though I made reserves for those items...

The Atlus Faithful email says both online and in-stores, but the list I have has me spooked.

[quote name='rainking187']Wasn't there a vote to decide what the preorder bonus would be? Did the shirt seriously win?[/quote]
I think you're talking about the voting for the cover art. Which was also BS because at the bottom of that poll it said something along the lines of "Developers may change the actual cover art despite winning vote."

[quote name='plasmid123']Is there any reason why the art book promo is no longer being displayed on Gamestop.com? There downloadable outfit code is still being offered, but I don't see anything about the art book on the Dead Space page on GS' website.[/QUOTE]
They could have run out. It's happened before.

[quote name='khloudstrife']I think you're talking about the voting for the cover art. Which was also BS because at the bottom of that poll it said something along the lines of "Developers may change the actual cover art despite winning vote."[/QUOTE]

I think they had one for the bonus too.
http://kotaku.com/380843/gamestop-announces-spider+man-web-of-shadows
I just have trouble believing another shirt beat a figure or a poster.

EDIT: The URL still works too.
http://www.gamestop.com/seizecontrol

I picked up my art book w/ Dead Space yesterday. When I asked about the suit download code, they assured me that it was something you just download online and that I didn't need a code. I was pretty sure they were wrong, but I went on my merry way because I was in a hurry.

Anyway, I emailed Gamestop's customer service explaining the situation and they emailed me a code to download the Scorpion suit.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Reserve Dead Space and receive the Exclusive Level Scorpion Rig – the strongest in the game.

That pisses me off.[/quote]You can also download it on XBL for 160 or 240 points, if you didn't pre-order it. Not sure which of of the two amounts it was.

[quote name='mkernan']I picked up my art book w/ Dead Space yesterday. When I asked about the suit download code, they assured me that it was something you just download online and that I didn't need a code. I was pretty sure they were wrong, but I went on my merry way because I was in a hurry.

Anyway, I emailed Gamestop's customer service explaining the situation and they emailed me a code to download the Scorpion suit.[/quote]

Did you have to give them your reserve info or receipt number? I think I lost my receipt and definately didn't get a code.

Oh yeah, if anyone can answer this I would be greatful: What happened to the Resistance 2 Beta??? I pre ordered and got a beta voucher at GS, registered it but no email yet for a public beta. The game comes out like in 2 weeks!

[quote name='shrike4242']You can also download it on XBL for 160 or 240 points, if you didn't pre-order it. Not sure which of of the two amounts it was.[/quote]

I'm too lazy to do the conversion at the moment, but its $2.49 on the PSN, so whatever that is in MS points. But, I'm not gonna pay $2.50 for something I'm supposed to get for free.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Did you have to give them your reserve info or receipt number? I think I lost my receipt and definately didn't get a code.

Oh yeah, if anyone can answer this I would be greatful: What happened to the Resistance 2 Beta??? I pre ordered and got a beta voucher at GS, registered it but no email yet for a public beta. The game comes out like in 2 weeks![/quote]

They didn't ask for it, but I offered up all the details (including receipt #) in my initial email. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a suit code without that info though. It's worth a short. If they refuse without receipt info and you're determined, call the store and they might be able to help you look it up.

Good question about the R2 beta.... I'm also still waiting. Its 2 and half week away and no word on an official start date for the beta? Sheesh.

[quote name='mkernan']

Good question about the R2 beta.... I'm also still waiting. Its 2 and half week away and no word on an official start date for the beta? Sheesh.[/quote]

I just checked my email a second ago and there it is...the Resistance 2 Beta code from Gamestop. I guess the beta is live right now. They make no mention of the beta being live in the email but it gives you the code for download.

[quote name='mkernan']They didn't ask for it, but I offered up all the details (including receipt #) in my initial email. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you a suit code without that info though. It's worth a short. If they refuse without receipt info and you're determined, call the store and they might be able to help you look it up.

Good question about the R2 beta.... I'm also still waiting. Its 2 and half week away and no word on an official start date for the beta? Sheesh.[/quote]I did the same thing with my receipt for Deadspace yesterday and the email showed up a few hours later with the suit code.

I guess I should email them tonight when I get home with my info for my Resistance 2 CE preorder, and hopefully, the same thing will happen.

What exactly is the "Vault Dwellers Guide" for the online Fallout 3 preorder? I just put down a preorder yesterday @ GS in-store, but if that book is the stuff Penny-Arcade did for the game, then I'm going to have to switch.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I just checked my email a second ago and there it is...the Resistance 2 Beta code from Gamestop. I guess the beta is live right now. They make no mention of the beta being live in the email but it gives you the code for download.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I'm home for lunch and its installing now. Gotta go back to work though, so can't play it.

[quote name='argyle']What exactly is the "Vault Dwellers Guide" for the online Fallout 3 preorder? I just put down a preorder yesterday @ GS in-store, but if that book is the stuff Penny-Arcade did for the game, then I'm going to have to switch.[/QUOTE]

Not sure but it is something they gave out at PAX

[quote name='62t']Not sure but it is something they gave out at PAX[/QUOTE]

Hrmmm...then my next question is, is there a free shipping coupon? I tried "freeshipall" but apparently it's dead.

[quote name='argyle']Hrmmm...then my next question is, is there a free shipping coupon? I tried "freeshipall" but apparently it's dead.[/quote]Try SAVER and see if that works.

[quote name='shrike4242']Try SAVER and see if that works.[/QUOTE]

Weird, says minimum cart value must be at least $25. Maybe SAVER doesn't work on pre-orders?

[quote name='argyle']Weird, says minimum cart value must be at least $25. Maybe SAVER doesn't work on pre-orders?[/quote]Might not. I've never tried it on a pre-order, though it did work for anything else.

argyle, did you get scared off by the red X?

SAVER.jpg

The red X doesn't mean it didn't work, its the button to remove the coupon. Go further and checkout and see if it applies. I just used saver for a preorder the other day.

Can anyone here who preordered Far Cry 2 please confirm once they receive the "bonus" mission code if it's unique or not?

Someone at FarCry2.com found an image for the PS3 version with the code on the box.

1642874--1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back