Gamestop & Preorders/Gift Cards

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!
Hi guys, I had a question about Gamestop.com I was hoping you could help me with.

A few months ago I preordered Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE. I had enough store credit (plus a $20 credit from buying Halo Reach) to cover it so I paid with that. Fast forward to last Thursday and I get an email from GS saying my card has been declined(!), and that I need to make payment arrangements. When I asked them to clarify, they said the card is now devoid of funds.

Now here's my question: I know that normally when you pre-order on GS.com they don't charge your credit card until a few days before the order ships, but is it the same way with store credit? I went and looked at my invoice and on the last line it says "GS Gift Card XXXXX - $0.00", on all of my other orders the $0.00 indicates that it's been paid in full (wheras pending orders will still have the total at the bottom).

The whole thing is baffling... I'd hate to get screwed out of $100 so I just wanted to see if anyone could verify GS.com's method of charging with credit, or offer any potential course of action I could take (is it possible to have them send me a payment history for the gift card?) Thanks!

bread's done
Back