Gamestop PRS

laserazer

CAGiversary!
I purchased Gamestop's 1 year Product Replacement Service for my PSP when it first launched on Mar. 24, 2005. So far nothing has really happened to my PSP that would require a replacement but after looking at the contract it seems that the service doesn't cover anything from human use (acccidents to even wear and tear). So what the hell is this service good for? Can I claim it for anything seeing as how I have about 2 weeks left? Or did I just wasted my money...

[quote name='laserazer']I purchased Gamestop's 1 year Product Replacement Service for my PSP when it first launched on Mar. 24, 2005. So far nothing has really happened to my PSP that would require a replacement but after looking at the contract it seems that the service doesn't cover anything from human use (acccidents to even wear and tear). So what the hell is this service good for? Can I claim it for anything seeing as how I have about 2 weeks left? Or did I just wasted my money...[/QUOTE]

Just wasted your money, Ive never seen a replacement plan state that you can break it and bring it in for a replacement.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Just wasted your money, Ive never seen a replacement plan state that you can break it and bring it in for a replacement.[/quote]

Uh, costco's doesn't state specifically, but it is true that you can drag anything behind you on the highway, and still return it.

I got mine from EB, and nothing is wrong with my PSP either, but I am using my warranty to get a brand new one and just pay 25.00 for another year. I dont know you could just return it, unless Gamestop's PRS is a POS. You can always say the games freeze or slow loading, or some other BS, its always worth a shot. The worst thing they could tell you is no...

I NEVER sell those stupid things to people and I get mad at my other manager for trying to sell them.

If you want to return it, tell them it won't hold a charge. That no matter how long you charge it, it dies after half an hour. Do it when it is busy, and tell them all you want is a new battery. Since we have no spare batteries, they will most likely just do an exchange.

[quote name='nosuchsoul']I NEVER sell those stupid things to people and I get mad at my other manager for trying to sell them.

If you want to return it, tell them it won't hold a charge. That no matter how long you charge it, it dies after half an hour. Do it when it is busy, and tell them all you want is a new battery. Since we have no spare batteries, they will most likely just do an exchange.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like FRAUD and devil customer talk to me

I had one too from Gamestop. When I noticed my year was almost up I took off the analog nub and told them I lost it so I could get a new PSP just for the hell of it. At first they wanted to take an analog nub off a used psp :roll: I told them no, and that I wanted a new one and they gave it to me. Only took about 5mins for me to do and they didnt even ask any questions.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Sounds like FRAUD and devil customer talk to me[/QUOTE]

seeing as an employee is encouraging him to do this, I gotta disagree... Gamestop sucks, and they offer those damn plans on anything. Christ, a guy today tried getting me to buy a replacement plan on a used psone game... I looked at him like what the fuck and he didnt understand why his inquiry of if I wanted to buy the plan was ridiculous.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']seeing as an employee is encouraging him to do this, I gotta disagree... Gamestop sucks, and they offer those damn plans on anything. Christ, a guy today tried getting me to buy a replacement plan on a used psone game... I looked at him like what the fuck and he didnt understand why his inquiry of if I wanted to buy the plan was ridiculous.[/quote]A guy tried to sell me a replacement plan for Namco Museum on PSP. I know he's required too, but for Christ's sake, THE DISC IS IN A CARTRIDGE. I don't care how much of a stupid look you give me and how much I'll regret it when the ultra sensitive disc somehow gets scratched, I'm not buying it.

(I left it in my pocket and it got washed but thank god it still worked, heh)

that brings up another question of how the hell do people scrach psp disks?? Awhile back looking at the used games at gamerush id notice some had scraches all over the disk under the case its enclosed in..i would think ud have to stick something in the lil dime size hole and do it on purpose.

[quote name='laserazer']I purchased Gamestop's 1 year Product Replacement Service for my PSP when it first launched on Mar. 24, 2005. So far nothing has really happened to my PSP that would require a replacement but after looking at the contract it seems that the service doesn't cover anything from human use (acccidents to even wear and tear). So what the hell is this service good for? Can I claim it for anything seeing as how I have about 2 weeks left? Or did I just wasted my money...[/quote]

The warranty should be an extended replacement. Check your wording. Sony's warranty is a year on the PSP, so the extra should go into effect for the year after the manufacturer warranty runs out.

And most warranties like this state they will not replace them for human caused damage. This is so people don't take a baseball bat to their unit and demand a replacement.

It all depends on who is working when it comes to what they do for you. I, on the one hand will replace anything if they bought the extended warranty. It's just good customer service. Of course, barring the aformentioned baseball bat.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Just wasted your money, Ive never seen a replacement plan state that you can break it and bring it in for a replacement.[/quote]

Thank God I got mine from EBGames and minor scratches can let me get a full replacement!

bread's done
Back