Gamestop: PS Vita Portable Charger - $29.99

hashiriya1

CAGiversary!
I was shopping around for one of these since I'll be going to Hawaii, Japan, and Australia this month and next. Found out it was only 29.99 at GS. I thought I missed out on the Amazon price, but GS came through. Stock is limited tho, so be sure your local store has it in stock! I tested it on the 3DS and it works on that as well.

c3d710df.jpg

[quote name='Gosha']Wouldn't you be better off just getting a regular external battery charger?

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Exte...d=1344638005&sr=8-2&keywords=external+charger

Something like that would probably be a lot better than this. Essentially, as long as you have a USB cable for said devices, it would be compatible.[/QUOTE]

I was doing research on that and someone mentioned the powergen one doesn't charge the Vita. The Sony one is cheaper anyway for pretty much the same capacity. I don't need to charge anything else other than my Vita and 3DS on a plane. Also for size and aesthetics, I chose the Sony one. I prefer the minimalist design.

I got the New Trent 9900mah external battery pack, like some others in these forums. Seems like it will offer a lot more charging capacity than the Sony one, but it does cost twice as much:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP...=1344651043&sr=1-2&keywords=new+trent+battery

This can probably charge my cellphone, my girlfriend's cellphone, and my Vita all on one charge, at least. Fully charged now and I haven't tested it yet, but I expect decent capacity.

I still don't get how these portable chargers work. I'm guessing they run on a non-replaceable battery. How long does one usually last?

[quote name='FlamingXDragon']I still don't get how these portable chargers work. I'm guessing they run on a non-replaceable battery. How long does one usually last?[/QUOTE]

They are essentially fat high-capacity rechargeable batteries, that once charged can pass the charge on to other devices. They can be charged/discharged (supposedly) up to 500 times.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS!! i'm a gamestop employee and didn't even know about this xD This is gonna be great AND i get my 15% off for working there ^_^

I bought one of these in June ($50 USD, I wasn't happy about the price.) for a trans-Atlantic trip in July. It worked very well and had enough juice to fully charge the Vita once and then some and you can charge the Vita while you are still playing. You will have to have your charge/transfer cable though as one is not provided. The backup battery is charged by the same power pack your Vita is charged with. The size is nice as well.
IMG_9665.jpg

[quote name='seraph011']Anyone try price matching this deal again with Amazon?[/QUOTE]

They had it for this price a few weeks ago. Maybe you should try notifying them of the lower price, it only takes a few seconds.

bread's done
Back