Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='tom523']I was told at my local Gamestop the deal was ongoing until they got rid of their PS2 games. Has anyone else heard this?[/QUOTE]

Went to 2 more today to pick through what they had and both places said trashed after Monday. One though just marked all sleeve games to .99 so got some "rarer" stuff P4 and P3 as well as all Jak games and DMC games. Figure since I have them they will go to the boys/girls club in town for tax write off.

[quote name='bjstucker']Went to 2 more today to pick through what they had and both places said trashed after Monday. One though just marked all sleeve games to .99 so got some "rarer" stuff P4 and P3 as well as all Jak games and DMC games. Figure since I have them they will go to the boys/girls club in town for tax write off.[/QUOTE]

nice guy he was.
I think gamestop should 99 cent all these bad boys.
and also, they should just give the 99 centers away to loyal ps2 buyers instead of just junking them.

Wow I wonder if they will really pitch them all. I wonder if they could take a flat offer for whatever they were going to junk.

Or they can just donate all 99c games to Goodwill or a local Boys/Girls Club. It'll be a sheer waste to destroy them. But let's not talk about wasteful it is. :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']Or they can just donate all 99c games to Goodwill or a local Boys/Girls Club. It'll be a sheer waste to destroy them. But let's not talk about wasteful it is. :lol:[/QUOTE]

GameStop would never do that, they have evil souls

[quote name='Confidance']Just fyi, Sunday is the final day. Come Monday morning, all remaining .99 games are to be destroyed and tossed into trash. All 1-3.99 games are to be shipped back to warehouse as defective. so eat while you can, its over[/QUOTE]
Seriously?:bomb:Dammit. I haven't managed to swing by one of the stores with Airblade yet to grab a copy. Oh well. I guess I know where I'm going tomorrow afternoon or so.:whistle2:#

Monday night at the RE6 midnight launch, they had PS2 games .99 and under, for ten for one dollar. I got sixty games for six bucks. No duplicates. No EA Sports. Matrix, Naruto, Eternal Ring, a number of racers. Hey, if there's one game in there worth six bucks, it was a deal. Also grabbed Soul Calibur II for $2.99 as part of their buy 2 get 2 free deal for $3.99 and under.

[quote name='seanmcc']Wow I wonder if they will really pitch them all. I wonder if they could take a flat offer for whatever they were going to junk.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the employees and your relationship with the employees. By the book employees will smash them/toss them, no exceptions because GS told them to. Ones a little easier going will have no problem with you being the garbage can since the end result is essentially the same. If you are a constant customer, they would be more apt to give them to you too.

Going to try my luck at one store that had about 200 loose discs that I stop at once a week. I'll take loose if they're free.

Got to watch the way they ring the games up but I was able to get 3 stacks of 10 for 1 dollar games at one store along with buy 2 get 2 free, the store manager easily messed up and rang up several of the same games twice. At least he was able to fix it but that Gamestop was on the furthest side of town. My mall store and the store by my house, I pretty much wiped out all I could find, leaving most of the sports games to sit. Will add a list later, I have very few duplicates in my stack as well.

Local store had nothing worth raving about. :( picked up: Metal Gear Solid 2, Project Eden, Rebel Raiders(ugh), Medal of Honor Frontline, Socom II, Ace Combat 4, Power Drome, and random sports crap.

pick up 20 game 5 of 20 dint work even kno wonder y they were so cheep of course gamestop run sale on defect ame i trade them into best buy so its not my prob

[quote name='bjstucker']Went to 2 more today to pick through what they had and both places said trashed after Monday. One though just marked all sleeve games to .99 so got some "rarer" stuff P4 and P3 as well as all Jak games and DMC games. Figure since I have them they will go to the boys/girls club in town for tax write off.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to believe that they had Persona 4 and Persona 3 for .99

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I refuse to believe that they had Persona 4 and Persona 3 for .99[/QUOTE]

wasnt .99 cents but was sleeve only and guy didn't give 2 shits because I was a regular on top of it having no price to begin with just barecode.

Here's my list of what I bought (this is to keep)

SOCOM 1
SOCOM 2
NBA Street 1
Hot Shots Golf 3
Defender
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Stacked
Pinball HoF: Gottlieb Collection
Trivial Pursuit: Unhinged
No One Lives Forever

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Hope he gets fired, a game like that should never be sleeve only. That has to be one lazy gamestop[/QUOTE]

They do take disc only trade-ins and they tend to pitch cases that are empty so they would most likely only have a sleeve to put a game in....

Alright, I spent 15.97 (with tax) on 38 games! I figure $3 on 30 games isn't bad and 13 on the rest was alright XD

Here is what I got for $3:
Naruto Ultimate ninja
Fantavision
Tribes: Aerial Assult
Soldier of Fortune
X-Squad
Starsky & Hutch
Sky Odyssey
Duel Masters
NCAA Final Four 2003 (I guess I grabbed this by accident)
Great escape
Marc Ecko's Getting Up
Madden NFL 2005 (Collectors but doesn't really matter)
No One Lives Forever
Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies
Freekstyle
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
SOCOM II (I already had I and III)
Herdy Gerdy
Rebel Raiders: Opperation Night
Defender
Da Vinci Code
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Project Eden
Mojo!
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Fireblade
Enter The Matrix
Maddden NFL 2007 (Hall of Fame Edition Both discs)
Robotech: Battlecry

A lot huh?:D

Then I got [Two 3.99, Two free][/Two 3.99, Two free]

When I was checking out the guy there said that this is phase 3 of 5 of the PS2 sale. He said that the next one is any game that is $10 or less will be $4. Then phase 5 is those games in a buy 2, get 2. I asked if they were going to throw out the games after today's sale and he told me this.

Alright, I spent 15.97 (with tax) on 38 games! You might ask how,right? My GS was doing 10 $0.99 PS2 Games for $1!!!!!!1
I figure $3 on 30 games isn't bad and 13 on the rest is alright XD

Naruto Ultimate ninja
Fantavision
Soldier of Fortune
X-Squad
Starsky & Hutch
Sky Odyssey
Duel Masters
Great escape
Marc Ecko's Getting Up
No One Lives Forever
Freekstyle
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
Herdy Gerdy
Defender
Da Vinci Code
Project Eden
Mojo!
Fireblade
Enter The Matrix

Then I got:
Dead To Rights $3.99
Crazy Taxi $3.99
Prince of Persia: TSOT Free(Originally $3.99)
Sly Cooper and Thievius Raccoonus Free (Origianally $3.99 labeled $4.99

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $1.99 (Already owned, whoops)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $1.99
Nightmare of Druaga Free (I have no idea what this game is)
Red Faction Free

The guys there had said they had sold only 10 games before I had been there and that if they could they would have given them all to me. XD

Obviously I did good, since most were $0.10, but does anything stick out to you guys?

Hope you guys had as much luck as I think I did!

Also the best part is that the receipt is about 3 feet long:whee:. I win!

[quote name='BillsSabresFan26']When I was checking out the guy there said that this is phase 3 of 5 of the PS2 sale. He said that the next one is any game that is $10 or less will be $4. Then phase 5 is those games in a buy 2, get 2. I asked if they were going to throw out the games after today's sale and he told me this.[/QUOTE]

Nice investigative reporting sir! :applause:

My lady friend wants a copy of final fantasy x (my favorite game of all time !!!!!!) But im not paying 14$ for it. When will it drop in price already ? !!!!!! And why is sotc 14.99 when a used ico/sotc collection is 17.99 ?

[quote name='BillsSabresFan26']When I was checking out the guy there said that this is phase 3 of 5 of the PS2 sale. He said that the next one is any game that is $10 or less will be $4. Then phase 5 is those games in a buy 2, get 2. I asked if they were going to throw out the games after today's sale and he told me this.[/QUOTE]

Very Interesting...I will be on the look out for this. There is some solid games to be picked up at the $4 price point...its just a shame most Gamestops throw out the cases. :roll:

Wow...looks like I am gonna be broke as shit.

Gonna go see tomorrow!

I'm not going to discount what he said. But the Email from my DM clearly said tomorrow, all games .99 and below are trash, and 3.99 and below are defective ships to the warehouse.

I went to another store and between the SM and I, bought all .99 discs so we can donate them.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Alright, I spent 15.97 (with tax) on 38 games! You might ask how,right? My GS was doing 10 $0.99 PS2 Games for $1!!!!!!1
I figure $3 on 30 games isn't bad and 13 on the rest is alright XD

Naruto Ultimate ninja
Fantavision
Soldier of Fortune
X-Squad
Starsky & Hutch
Sky Odyssey
Duel Masters
Great escape
Marc Ecko's Getting Up
No One Lives Forever
Freekstyle
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
Herdy Gerdy
Defender
Da Vinci Code
Project Eden
Mojo!
Fireblade
Enter The Matrix

Then I got:
Dead To Rights $3.99
Crazy Taxi $3.99
Prince of Persia: TSOT Free(Originally $3.99)
Sly Cooper and Thievius Raccoonus Free (Origianally $3.99 labeled $4.99

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy $1.99 (Already owned, whoops)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin $1.99
Nightmare of Druaga Free (I have no idea what this game is)
Red Faction Free

The guys there had said they had sold only 10 games before I had been there and that if they could they would have given them all to me. XD

Obviously I did good, since most were $0.10, but does anything stick out to you guys?

Hope you guys had as much luck as I think I did!

Also the best part is that the receipt is about 3 feet long:whee:. I win![/QUOTE]

Yea......... I really don't understand what you said, but I guess. Congrats, I did well myself with 300 + games for less than $30

[quote name='BillsSabresFan26']When I was checking out the guy there said that this is phase 3 of 5 of the PS2 sale. He said that the next one is any game that is $10 or less will be $4. Then phase 5 is those games in a buy 2, get 2. I asked if they were going to throw out the games after today's sale and he told me this.[/QUOTE]So are they throwing out all of the $0.99 :ps2: games after today's sale?

[quote name='Rollobobo']Very Interesting...I will be on the look out for this. There is some solid games to be picked up at the $4 price point...its just a shame most Gamestops throw out the cases. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Went today and picked up Tenchu 2, MOH: Pacific and European, and Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2.
I was looking through their 3.99 and up games and they are definitely some good ones to be had in there. I would love to try out the Manhunt series. But I still wouldn't pay $4 a piece for them. Holding out for B2G2 and hopefully better.

[quote name='Confidance']Yea......... I really don't understand what you said, but I guess. Congrats, I did well myself with 300 + games for less than $30[/QUOTE]

What don't you understand?

Of the 74 games I picked up last week, I've traded in 50 of them in to Best Buy for $27 in-store credit and used it to buy the Sept @gamer mag (never got mine that month), Mass Effect 3, and Battlefield 3 (Using coupons).

Came to the realization that a majority of the games were crap and worth more to me being traded in for a couple of better titles. I did keep 24 PS2 games that I felt like might still be worth something.

[quote name='Kovorkian']They do take disc only trade-ins and they tend to pitch cases that are empty so they would most likely only have a sleeve to put a game in....[/QUOTE]

Games as popular as those are suppose to get fake cases put up for them, not thrown in a sleeve only area(easy to steal). I used to work for Gamestop.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Games as popular as those are suppose to get fake cases put up for them, not thrown in a sleeve only area(easy to steal). I used to work for Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

All the stores I've hit this weekend had a mix of more expensive games in sleeves as well.

No rhyme or reason, some of the games in cases were under $5.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Games as popular as those are suppose to get fake cases put up for them, not thrown in a sleeve only area(easy to steal). I used to work for Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck difference does it make that the guy that put it out put it in a sleeve instead of a gold etched box with thumb print security?

Ive seen several more expensive game in sleeves nothing in the 30 dollar range mind you, but Ive seen Kingdom Hearts (about $20) in a sleeve before

I saw Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 in a sleeve the other day.

Hoping this sale in the morning starts... may swing by at opening to see...

I scouted out a bunch of worthwhile games in my area for the $10 and under sale, so I'll probably be picking up a bunch of stuff whenever that starts.

I asked the guy in my area about them trashing the 99c games on monday...he said he didnt recieve any word to do that from anyone. Even checked the emails to see if one came that talked about that. He said he couldnt find anything. Maybe only some are trashing them? Its suppose to be tomorrow that the trash them...so by the end of the day right?

[quote name='dagame92']What the fuck difference does it make that the guy that put it out put it in a sleeve instead of a gold etched box with thumb print security?[/QUOTE]

I like how you quote my post saying the difference and then ask. Cases on the floor dont have games in them you idiot.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I like how you quote my post saying the difference and then ask. Cases on the floor dont have games in them you idiot.[/QUOTE]

Well let me dumb it down for you Sunshine, why the fuck do you care enough to come on here clutching your pearls and bitching about it. Is that clear enough or do I have to get the puppets?

bread's done
Back