gamestop ps3/360 used systems $150 with free $20 game

So the coupon that everyone is talking about is one you have to get by redeeming points, correct? So if I redeem for it then it doesn't stack it's just a bunch of wasted points? But If I don't act quickly that white 500gb system will probably be gone...
I think you have to call to get your points back and ask for them nicely. It's a gamble

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone recommend some good PS3 titles that are $20 and below? I already have Ni No Kuni so I'm not sure what to get.
I would have to say Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is a really good game. Jak & daxter collection and playstation all stars are also good choices.

Courtesy of the Kamehameha GS in Hawaii, here is the sku for the preowned/used 320GB PS3: 909128
Did you call them or are you in Hawaii? I usually call Arizona because CA gamestop don't give tiv over the phone. If only we had a cag in HI to test the coupon.
Its 3 here so only 7 more hours till gs opens.

Did you call them or are you in Hawaii? I usually call Arizona because CA gamestop don't give tiv over the phone. If only we had a cag in HI to test the coupon.
Its 3 here so only 7 more hours till gs opens.
I called. I live in the Midwest. :p (eastern time zone)

So 3.3 hours here.

Good deal for those who are able to get the newly converted used ps3.

I'll think ill hold tight till BF and hope both systems would be around $150 a pop.
Sorry for asking but what are the details on the newly converted PS3? I gather its a model with a 320gb drive but anything else?

90+ tax (after the coupon and a few canceled preorders) would be too good to pass up.

Also the more I think about it, the backwards comp systems arent the way to go. A 7 year old system that has been traded to gamestop (no one smart trades valuable stuff into gamestop) that plays games a $15 ps2 would. ..

Yea, me too. My GameStop has a 320GB "refurbished" that I'm wondering is a converted to used model.
I have a suspicion that the refurbished consoles on the site are not the same as the pre-owned/used consoles in the stores. I remember when GS had the $50 PSP Go's that the pre-owned handhelds were not listed on the site but various stores had plenty of them in stock. While the refurbed PSP Go's were harder to track down last May. But I am not 100% sure.

I have a suspicion that the refurbished consoles on the site are not the same as the pre-owned/used consoles in the stores. I remember when GS had the $50 PSP Go's that the pre-owned handhelds were not listed on the site but various stores had plenty of them in stock. While the refurbed PSP Go's were harder to track down last May. But I am not 100% sure.
Not to mention that refurb and preowned are under two different skus.

I was going to run out and try and hit my local GS at 10:00 but I wanted to see what the results of this coupon thing are first. Here's to hoping the white 500gb is still there.

I was going to run out and try and hit my local GS at 10:00 but I wanted to see what the results of this coupon thing are first. Here's to hoping the white 500gb is still there.
Yea, if I can use the coupon then I'm going to pick up a PS3. If I can't use the coupon I'm going to wait on a Black Friday deal on a new bundle.

just got back from gamestop. the StOW coupon does not stack...so no go on that. also, the $99 360's are the old fat models that doesn't includes hard drives. you have to pay extra for an hard drive. However, the Ps3's are any models that are in stock. My gamestop had only 1 500gb ps3 in stock that rung up as $149.99+TAX. Unfortunately, I went there for a 360 but $99 for an old model with no hard drive is not a deal to me

I was at gamestop and can confirm that the steal if the week AND the 30% trade in for systems do no stack. Neither would work on the $149.99 systems.

i can confirm that:

• xbox 360 are the original white consoles not the slim or slimE consoles for $99
  • PS3 are any pre-owned consoles that were traded in to the store for $150 - unfortunately I did not see any recently converted PS3 320GB @ that particular store so definitely YMMV

Looks like I will be waiting for BF on a new 360.

Not sure why any of you were expecting to get the newer Slim 360s for $100. The info was clearly posted several pages back along with the picture I took.

Since the SOTW won't stack, easy pass for me

• ANY PS3 SYSTEM JUST $149.99 INCLUDING A FREE $20 GAME

• XB360 ORIGINAL MODEL $99.99 INCLUDING A FREE $20 GAME

• XB360 4GB SLIM MODEL $119.99 INCLUDING A FREE $20 GAME

• PUR EXCLUSIVE 10/10 ONLY - 30% OFF XB360 AND PS3 PRE-OWNED ACCESSORIES

• PRE-OWNED KINDLE FIRE 8GB FOR $89.99

• iPOD NANO GEN 5 FOR $39.99

Ok So I went ahead and tested it out (there weren't any new replies when I left). As reported the Steal of the Week does not stack. Now the 30% bonus didn't seem to apply but it did in fact kick in when they added the free game to the total.

With just the system rung it it didn't apply but when I grabbed Ni No Kuni and put it in the trad in from my controllers jumped up. Now I got to figure out what to do with this 25% off coupon.

Edit: As an aside the Gamestop that had the white PS3 was closed today due to a power outage :(. So I went to another and picked up a red one. I may try to exchange it whenever the other one finally is able to open.

You can offset the cost of the 4GB slim or PS3 if you get a game that has a higher TIV at Best Buy. Food for thought. Hoping to find a white slim 360 at one of the stores that is in good condition.

ehhh I guess its not that good of a deal. Especially since a couple of weeks ago the 360 blast from the past bundle was 120. (and thats basically 6 free games)

Contemplating getting a SOTW coupon and trying to talk them into letting me use it sine the dates for it are essentially just this sale period.

Still not sure if I want to buy the 500. I dont know if it'll be cheaper or even the same soon. But I also don't know when I will play it. I want to play all the ps3 exclusives but with the backlog I have it might be a dumb idea to spend 150$.

I wonder if the any of the $xx off preowned games or the $25 preowned console would work with this promo. Does the game show a $0 balance after promo discounts?

Just got back with a 500gb Red GoW Console w/ Ni No Kuni. Only downside is that it came with an old looking sixaxis controller. I'm gonna go back later today to see if I can exchange it for a ds3.

I was testing this out on the checkout page and it showed a discount off the free game so... in theory it would accept the coupon in store?

lot's of hopeful thinking.

This works instore. The only problem is that, the themed Xbox 360 Consoles(Star Wars, GoW, MW3, H4) don't qualify. I just went to the store to test it. He said the the 250GB consoles work, but I didn't try that out.

I was testing this out on the checkout page and it showed a discount off the free game so... in theory it would accept the coupon in store?
lot's of hopeful thinking.
People have been in store and confirmed the coupon doesn't stack, so your post is uninformed or just confusing.

You'd have to find a very generous manager to over ride the transaction to apply an extra discount for that coupon.

This works instore. The only problem is that, the themed Xbox 360 Consoles(Star Wars, GoW, MW3, H4) don't qualify. I just went to the store to test it. He said the the 250GB consoles work, but I didn't try that out.
They don't. I tried to get a white 320GB slim, but it rang up at $249.99.

That would be quite the development if certain 360s were working with the hard drive.

I tried the 250gb consoles just on the gamestop website and it didn't work. It could be possible in store though I suppose. That $120 price sounds a lot better to me with a 250gb hdd included as well.

People have been in store and confirmed the coupon doesn't stack.

You'd have to find a very generous manager to over ride the transaction to apply an extra discount for that coupon.
edited to make you sound less of a jerk...

my bad for being uninformed - I didn't mean to lead the masses into confusion.

Ugh...my PS3 BC 80gb (well, I had upgraded it with a 500gb HDD) just got the YLOD again. I had it repaired locally the first time, and it's lasted almost two months since then, but now it appears time for another system. Luckily I have all my saves backed up in Cloud...contemplating whether or not to go with this deal for a new system...could try and find the GoW super slim, or a 320gb converted...

Just picked up a Red 500 GB super slim + Ni No Kuni for $150 even. the 10% PUR discount stacks as well because I didn't pay tax. This was in Houston. 

Got a red 500 gb system (the box had a tear in it, but other than that it was all in original packaging and in very good/excellent condition) and Ni No Kuni.  I already own it digitally, but I figure a disc copy would go well as an additional xmas gift for my brother.

Got a red 500 gb system (the box had a tear in it, but other than that it was all in original packaging and in very good/excellent condition) and Ni No Kuni. I already own it digitally, but I figure a disc copy would go well as an additional xmas gift for my brother.
It came with the box too?

I am probably the only one interested in this today, but has anyone tried buying a preowned kinect sensor for 30% off? I just now noticed that the $39.99 and $49.99 sensors are not considered "preowned" accessories on the website. They are considered "refurbished." The $69.99 Microsoft refurbished sensor is considered "preowned." When I add the refurbed kinects to the cart, nothing happens. When I add other accessories, the 30% off works. I guess I'm glad I didn't waste any gas money going to GS today for this non-deal.

I'm sure there is a huge demand for people wanting to buy refurbished kinect sensors right now... no reason to put them on sale or anything... They must be flying off the shelves with all of this wonderful hype constantly surrounding the kinect.

bread's done
Back