Gamestop PS3 and 360 trade in for up to 150 off new PS4

No, but theoretically you could buy said PS4 for less, and immediately say you want to return it for credit, then toss a few more bucks into getting the Xbone.

Maybe if you don't know what fraudulent is. And what's with all the crap/troll posts in here? If you don't want to sell your PS3 then fine - I paid $200 for mine years ago and now it just sits there, if I can get $150 of that back that's great for me, it that doesn't appeal to you then why are you even in this thread?
I'm interested in the deal, not fraud.

It's only $100 from M$. Not that great of a deal when you can just trade into Gamestop and get a PS4. Than trade the PS4 for an Xbox One.
they offer $100 for old xbox 360 like the Xbox 360 Pro with 20gb, and ps3 fat with 20gb, which gamestop does not

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal breaker: "Limit 1 trade-in per customer" :nottalking:

$300+tax for an Xbone is way too much, imo...even now that they admitted defeat and dumped the worthless Kinect. If I could trade in at least 2 consoles, I might consider using the $200 I got from the $10 per game deal. If I could trade in 4 consoles, I'd just sell it and buy a PS4 again. (Got both on day one for nearly free, but couldn't justify keeping them.)

As it stands, the MS "deal" is pretty awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal breaker: "Limit 1 trade-in per customer" :nottalking:

$300+tax for an Xbone is way too much, imo...even now that they admitted defeat and dumped the worthless Kinect. If I could trade in at least 2 consoles, I might consider using the $200 I got from the $10 per game deal. If I could trade in 4 consoles, I'd just sell it and buy a PS4 again. (Got both on day one for nearly free, but couldn't justify keeping them.)

As it stands, the MS "deal" is pretty awful.
You actually described why it is a good deal - they're not interested in people flipping them. If someone wants the console and they have an old one they're not using it's a good deal.

good deal but between massively discounted games I haven't played and Games with Gold I find myself still playing my 360. not sure I can bring myself to bite. will this work on the Destiny bundle (if there are any left)? 

good deal but between massively discounted games I haven't played and Games with Gold I find myself still playing my 360. not sure I can bring myself to bite. will this work on the Destiny bundle (if there are any left)?
There was a guy ahead of me wanting to do the Destiny Bundle yesterday and he was told just to pre-order the bundle (they asked for $100) and to bring his old console in when he picked it up to get the $150.

It's not unheard of for hardcore gamers to end up with multiple consoles of the same type. I originally bought a 120 gb slim for my digital content. Then I bought an 80 gb original model from GS so I could play my PS2 games in high def. Not trading in either at the moment since the only PS4 game I'd want to play right now is Pinball Arcade which I only have on PS3, Vita and Android. But it might be a good deal for a more casual gamer who is ready to move on to the next gen. For the record, I also own six Dreamcasts, one of which is a broken kiosk model that I kept for sentimental reasons.

But before you guys get rid of your PS3s, I just want to remind you that Persona 5 is only coming to PS3, which is the best reason to have one ready.
bolded parts need some explaining

[quote name="josekortez" post="12056214" timestamp=

But before you guys get rid of your PS3s, I just want to remind you that Persona 5 is only coming to PS3, which is the best reason to have one ready.[/quote]

And ps4, which has me feeling gooey inside. Oh and Disagea and Y's and Dragon Quest....

You actually described why it is a good deal - they're not interested in people flipping them. If someone wants the console and they have an old one they're not using it's a good deal.
I'm not interested in why it's a good deal for MS, it's about what's good for the consumer. Why would any company care if someone flips their item or not? It gets it off their shelf collecting dust and into the hands of a consumer in the end. Plus, given the terms and conditions of MS along with the utter debacle of the recent game trade deal, I can only imagine what trading in a console to them would be like. Personally, I don't have the patience or time to pitch a tent outside their store while 10 guys scratch their heads like lobotomized chimps trying to figure out how to do the trade or think of how to deny the console based on the fact that one of the vent holes is 0.000000000001428% larger than the others.

So is it confirmed that you can trade in both a PS3 and 360 to receive $300 in total credit? Has anyone attempted this and run into issues?

Also, has anyone been able to apply this promo to a Destiny bundle?

Stupid question time; Does GameStop still take the 360 hddvd player and the hd movies? I would trade in all my 360 stuff

I actually considered finding an old 360 to get the coupon from Microsoft but then I realized it can't be used on the Sunset Overdrive bundle. 

If it wasent for the new borderlands game comming Id definitely upgrade my ps3. I think 150 is a fair deal.

Stupid question but do you think I could get msrp for a ps4?  Thinking of trading in my ps3 anyway towards an xbox one but might it work out better if I bought a second ps4 and sold it?

Tried to pre-order a bundle today but they said they're sold out and only taking orders online. Don't need a PS4 and I'm getting Destiny on Xbox One but I thought this was a good price for my PS3.

If I could get 150 for my ps3 without having to buy a ps4 I think I would be in. I would really like to get a 2nd Xbone but I don't really want to mess with trading in towards a ps4 then returning it for a Xbox one.

Take the system to bb they gave me $100 flat with just the 120gb slim and composite cabea. Took 2 controllers over to gs in same lot for $30. They only give you $10 for controllers at bb. Heck gs giv s you a lot for controllers even bought one at flea market today just to trade in.

So is it confirmed that you can trade in both a PS3 and 360 to receive $300 in total credit? Has anyone attempted this and run into issues?

Also, has anyone been able to apply this promo to a Destiny bundle?
I had a ridiculously bad experience with the nearest store.... 45 minutes away mind you.... Had an employee tell me to trade mine in toward the Destiny bundle last Monday so I come back Thursday and a different employee is a straight up dick. Refuses to apply the bonus for Destiny bundle. No explanation just says no I won't do that. I asked to speak to the manager knowing her and this employee says "I'm the manager". I ask again can I speak to the store manager... "I'm the store manager". I said I know the store manager.... Where is she... He says I'm the manager right now... Out steps the assistant manager.... I ask why this kid is claiming to be the store manager and why is he refusing to give me my trade bonus.... Ass manager says you'll have to come back Monday. No explanation. When I explain the trade in bonus is 8-26-9-14 not 8/26-9/3 and 9/5-9/14 he simply says come back Monday.... Explained I drove 45 minutes after being told by an employee of that store I could get the bonus and still wouldn't give me the bonus. Needless to say I am beyond pissed. Customer support was not helpful. Said a district manager or store manager would contact me and no one did.... Just shitty experience

I had a ridiculously bad experience with the nearest store.... 45 minutes away mind you.... Had an employee tell me to trade mine in toward the Destiny bundle last Monday so I come back Thursday and a different employee is a straight up dick. Refuses to apply the bonus for Destiny bundle. No explanation just says no I won't do that. I asked to speak to the manager knowing her and this employee says "I'm the manager". I ask again can I speak to the store manager... "I'm the store manager". I said I know the store manager.... Where is she... He says I'm the manager right now... Out steps the assistant manager.... I ask why this kid is claiming to be the store manager and why is he refusing to give me my trade bonus.... Ass manager says you'll have to come back Monday. No explanation. When I explain the trade in bonus is 8-26-9-14 not 8/26-9/3 and 9/5-9/14 he simply says come back Monday.... Explained I drove 45 minutes after being told by an employee of that store I could get the bonus and still wouldn't give me the bonus. Needless to say I am beyond pissed. Customer support was not helpful. Said a district manager or store manager would contact me and no one did.... Just shitty experience
You should have purchased something and then filled out the survey with the receipt. Then you'd likely get a call from the district manager and that prick employee would receive a negative survey as he deserves.

bread's done
Back