GameStop - PS3 Tomb Raider Collector's Edition $17.99 (Converted to Used)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Just was at my local GameStop and saw the :ps3: Tomb Raider CE for $17.99 as it was converted to used. I know the :360: was converted a while back. I don't think it was a store specific conversion either as the website is showing none available in my area when I search for NEW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see $99.99 when it first came I think and the hinge apparently broke off of the tin case on the lid part. I only opened it like 3 times. I only noticed it today. It's not worth it for the tin case, but is for the Lara Croft action figure.

Let's see $99.99 when it first came I think and the hinge apparently broke off of the tin case on the lid part. I only opened it like 3 times. I only noticed it today. It's not worth it for the tin case, but is for the Lara Croft action figure.
Yeah I would only want the collectors for the figure and maybe the patches

I actually have 1 store that has it available and it's $50.  With my lazy ass I'm not sure if I want to drive there just to check.

I have none around me at all, and it is confirmed by several stores that the sku was converted only a couple days ago, so if you can find one you should snatch it up quick.

Well I just called the Gamestop that had it in-stock and he said it was $49.99.  Are we sure it's not YMMV?  It is a gamestop outlet store so maybe that can be the difference?

id pay someone $25 PayPal if they could pick me up one, 360 or ps3. Doesnt matter. If it'd only cost $7 to ship. Wouldn't think it'd cost more then that. I dunno how heavy the thing is. Or $20 if they want to keep the game.

Thanks OP! I picked this bad boy up for $12.41 after NYC tax. I used the Birthday Coupon along with the $3.00 Kongregate Credit. Awesome! It's still factory sealed!

Just was at my local GameStop and saw the :ps3: Tomb Raider CE for $17.99 as it was converted to used. I know the :360: was converted a while back. I don't think it was a store specific conversion either as the website is showing none available in my area when I search for NEW.

Damn your finding all the great deals, lol. I need to move, lol

just called around to my nearest Gamestops and none have it in stock. :/

so my offer still stands if anyone wouldn't mind picking me up one. I'll give $20 and you can keep the game and just send the extras or $25 for everything.

Gamestop closes in 10 minutes where I'm at, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to check. Last time I checked the stock locator, they had at least 1.

Well I just called the Gamestop that had it in-stock and he said it was $49.99. Are we sure it's not YMMV? It is a gamestop outlet store so maybe that can be the difference?
I didn't even know "Gamestop Outlets" existed. Maybe they just didn't get the memo yet? I hopped into my local GS within the hour OP made the post and even the manager said, "Wow, I can't believe one of my guys didn't jump on this yet!" So maybe the employees didn't catch on yet. You could call again today and ask.

The ps3 version is almost as good as the pc version, and wasn't held back by the xbox. With the large install base, you can also grind out the multiplayer for the platinum trophy. I was able to do this a couple of months back when the CE was $40 or $45.

Wow. I already have the steelbook version of this on 360, but would love this version on either console. Would pay Cost+shipping+a little extra for anyone that can obtain a copy for me.

I'm not sure how many will have any luck going forward as i called about 10 gamestop's near me, and none had it. One store even said they were all sent away or whatever and that they wouldn't be at any store I contacted. Sure enough, that has been the case. My real suspicion is that these were by and large snatched up by employees, as GS is famous for that.

I'm not sure how many will have any luck going forward as i called about 10 gamestop's near me, and none had it. One store even said they were all sent away or whatever and that they wouldn't be at any store I contacted. Sure enough, that has been the case. My real suspicion is that these were by and large snatched up by employees, as GS is famous for that.
You're never supposed to call.......just go or they will realize the price and buy it themselves/get rid of it. :wall:

You're never supposed to call.......just go or they will realize the price and buy it themselves/get rid of it. :wall:
I guess I got lucky with the store supervisor. I called in advance, asked if they had any in stock, and even asked the price. I'm pretty sure it was the last one in the store. When I got to the store, he said, "I'm surprised one of my guys didn't jump on this yet!"

Anyway, If what you're saying is true, I'm glad that I got a pretty honest/merciful supervisor.

bread's done
Back