Gamestop PUR - $10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up for 2000 points

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...t/Yq9fn2N3taxfAyZjPETOX7xpAjOAnAkPAp7UiVxyA==

$10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up
Pick up the pre-owned games you want for less! With this coupon, you’ll save $10 on any one pre-owned game that is regularly priced $19.99 or higher. Hurry, this coupon is only available from 6/11 through 6/24. Don’t miss out on this extremely limited time offer. Redeem yours now for only 2,000 points.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you have some points just sitting around. Mind the expiration date, through 6/24 only.

Yay found a like new, complete copy of Persona 3 Portable, it's exactly $19.99, so the coupon worked to full effect!

[quote name='TheHelix']Noob question but does this stack with PUR pro?[/QUOTE]

you'll still get the additional 10% off if that's what you're asking

[quote name='strait edge follower']24/2 = 12 (your answer to the question)

Owww my head hurts from the calculating ...[/QUOTE]

I think he was trying to brag, but if that is the case he should know that there are some here (myself included) that have well over 100,000 points to use.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']you'll still get the additional 10% off if that's what you're asking[/QUOTE]

Thanks, looks like I'm gonna get Touch my Katamari.

So yea, I grabbed a resonance of fate for PS3 and have been playing it for a little bit now, and I am having the HARDEST time getting into it. Should I just give it a bit more time?

[quote name='z24buddy']I think he was trying to brag, but if that is the case he should know that there are some here (myself included) that have well over 100,000 points to use.[/QUOTE]
That's a LOT of trade-ins or scratched/smudged/shit stained/incomplete games bought.:lol::whistle2:#

Think I'm gonna pick up Spider-Man 3 for XBOX 360 tomorrow, for around $8.99. I want to get the new spiderman game but I'm not gonna fork over $60 for it haha so I'll just get this one to hold me over until the new one comes out and drops in price.

[quote name='AEJustin1']Think I'm gonna pick up Spider-Man 3 for XBOX 360 tomorrow, for around $8.99. I want to get the new spiderman game but I'm not gonna fork over $60 for it haha so I'll just get this one to hold me over until the new one comes out and drops in price.[/QUOTE]

if you're going to get a spidey game in 360, get Shattered Dimensions if you haven't played it yet.

[quote name='AEJustin1']That's a good one, I just want one where I can free roam around web slinging all day haha[/QUOTE]

I honestly liked 3 better just because of the free roam. It gives you more of a Spiderman feeling.

[quote name='DesertLeo']So yea, I grabbed a resonance of fate for PS3 and have been playing it for a little bit now, and I am having the HARDEST time getting into it. Should I just give it a bit more time?[/QUOTE]

I can't personally comment since I've never played the game but I have heard there is a huge learning curve involved. I would give it some more time.

[quote name='akilshohen']Will this work online? Tried asking store staff but I couldn't get an answer[/QUOTE]

answered a page or 2 back, but no it won't work.

holy shit i had no idea when you buy games at gamestop with your membership card you'll rack up points. Just logged onto my account for the first time and it shows that i have a little over 30,000 pts. all this years i thought it was for an extra 10 percent off lol. thanks op.

[quote name='DesertLeo']So yea, I grabbed a resonance of fate for PS3 and have been playing it for a little bit now, and I am having the HARDEST time getting into it. Should I just give it a bit more time?[/QUOTE]

honestly that game which i never finished i got to the half way point chapter 8 i think. that game my best advice is level the freakin heck up like a mad man or else the game will kick your butt by throwing random out of the blue bosses at you that are like 40 levels higher than you and unfairly beat you to death.

the story line is somewhat interesting. but the game can be kind of boring. my biggest beef is i didnt over level and i kept getting stuck. as far as gameplay goes i might be missing something(i havent figured out how to customize weapons too well) but the basic gameplay mechanic isnt all that thrilling. it is different though but it can be annoying.

i think had i leveled up i could of plowed through the game faster and gotten through the story which i somewhat enjoyed up to this point. thats really the biggest problem the game is unfairly hard at points with its random lets toss a boss 50 levels higher than you an hour into in an area.

me i intend to finish this game sometime eventually.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Agreed[/QUOTE]

It comes with the Taxadermist DLC. And the game has trophies. It also comes with the paid Premium themes. Sountrack and some videos. Id say for the extra $$ its worth it for the DLC and the themes. They are the sweetest themes you can get on PSN anyway IMO.

Anyone pick up anything yet? I just picked up BoT(Blades of Time). Pretty fun game if you haven't tried it out.

[quote name='karyadi']Anyone pick up anything yet? I just picked up BoT(Blades of Time). Pretty fun game if you haven't tried it out.[/QUOTE]

I got Heavy Rain and Test Drive Unlimited 2 (had it when it launched but all the bugs ticked me off so I sold it but I want a driving game again and I don't enjoy racing games as much as I used to, just want to cruise around).

I had it a while ago, put about 10 hours into it during the initial playthrough, then shelved it because I just lost interest in playing it. I picked it back up to see if I wanted to keep it a couple weeks ago and couldnt go 15 minutes without turning it off.

Unique game but very niche imo.

[quote name='postaboy']holy shit i had no idea when you buy games at gamestop with your membership card you'll rack up points. Just logged onto my account for the first time and it shows that i have a little over 30,000 pts. all this years i thought it was for an extra 10 percent off lol. thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Well the points just started a couple years ago...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I had it a while ago, put about 10 hours into it during the initial playthrough, then shelved it because I just lost interest in playing it. I picked it back up to see if I wanted to keep it a couple weeks ago and couldnt go 15 minutes without turning it off.

Unique game but very niche imo.[/QUOTE]
That sounds a lot like Catherine, which I figured my one buddy would never play through after I described it as a 'puzzle game with RPG elements and a love story told through anime style cutscenes'.:lol:

He played through it but only when I brought it up to his place and he got the Good ending on it. Not only that but he relied on his own impressions of the game as he played and he really enjoyed it. Thing is, I think there's like 6-8 endings on it and some of them are just :shock::shock:.

Need to re-new my PUR+ account, which I think gets me a free B2G1, right? If so, do you think I would be able to use the coupon on one of those games, or would that constitute as deal stacking? Theoretically there is at least one game I want for what the used price would probably be after the coupon (about $25), but I was thinking about picking up some 3DS games as well in case I decide to use my in store credit for a 3DS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's a LOT of trade-ins or scratched/smudged/shit stained/incomplete games bought.:lol::whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Oh IATCG, you crack me up, but I don't usually buy your trades... j/k

Seriously though, I rarely buy incomplete games and usually check the disc quality before I get home. Plus I like to flip sometimes. (I know where I can still get over $40 cash for that shitty Michael Phelps game they now sell for $15 or less, but that is my little secret)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That sounds a lot like Catherine, which I figured my one buddy would never play through after I described it as a 'puzzle game with RPG elements and a love story told through anime style cutscenes'.:lol:

He played through it but only when I brought it up to his place and he got the Good ending on it. Not only that but he relied on his own impressions of the game as he played and he really enjoyed it. Thing is, I think there's like 6-8 endings on it and some of them are just :shock::shock:.[/QUOTE]
I read this post and went, "Oh yeah, Catherine. That's what I should use another coupon on." Then I checked the price at Gamestop and figured I'd be happier with the 2000 points.

Having 24,000 points means nothing if you can't find 12 games to spend the coupons on. So yeah, I wonder hom many he'll be able to print too. ;)

[quote name='z24buddy']Oh IATCG, you crack me up, but I don't usually buy your trades... j/k[/quote]
:razz:I almost always traded in complete and mint condition stuff when I was trading to them.
Seriously though, I rarely buy incomplete games and usually check the disc quality before I get home. Plus I like to flip sometimes. (I know where I can still get over $40 cash for that shitty Michael Phelps game they now sell for $15 or less, but that is my little secret)
Me too. I remember going through 3-5 copies of different games, finding a perfect condition case with artwork and manual and then nitpicking for 20 minutes on the copies of the game they had to make sure I was getting a mint condition disc before. I also distinctly remember saying no thanks and walking out with nothing after finding that all of the discs looked like they used a belt sander to clean them and none of the copies matched the mint/complete packaging I had found.:roll:

Oh and I know your secret place for that game too thanks to a lil birdie who told me.:D
[quote name='roger watersmelon']I read this post and went, "Oh yeah, Catherine. That's what I should use another coupon on." Then I checked the price at Gamestop and figured I'd be happier with the 2000 points.[/QUOTE]
I honestly don't think new or used copies of the game are going to go much lower than $30-35 before they completely disappear from the market. It is a very unique game and well worth $25 imo. Not only that but if you ask they may even give you the soundtrack/artbook that came with new copies if you ask nicely enough. It's nothing special, but it was definitely a nice lil bonus when you got the game.

Personally I wish the Japanese Amazon site would ship here, since there's a decent sized artbook(that doubles as a guide but I think it's all in Japanese) about the game that's out there, if I remember correctly.

[quote name='argyle']They dropped the price of Skate 3 this afternoon to $17.99, yet Shawn White Skateboarding is still $19.99. Gamestop truly is the devil.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Almost everything I want either dropped below $19.99 or went up to $24.99 (or more). They played us like a fiddle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='detectiveconan16']Finding it kind of hard to decide on a game, maybe a Hack G.U. but...[/QUOTE]

If you Can find it, they're worth it, but good luck finding one, especially a complete copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to the Gamestop near where I was working today because it showed they had a preowned copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. I get there and the case is one of the Gamestop display cases so I decided I didn't want the game that bad to buy an incomplete copy. Now I have a coupon that I have no clue what to use it on. Maybe I can find a :360: game I have overlooked and use it on it.

Can others confirm this? When I click on the link im sent to my GS account page. Under alerts-and everything else - there us no mention of this. I have almost 10k points to use! Would like to reuse if possible

Edit: had to view desktop site to see it. Weird. Yay I think we can reuse the deal. 10k points usually mean $10 but with this deal it means $50 off (5 different games lol)

I got this, but I have no idea what to use it for. I'll probably just give it away if I can't find anything by next week.

[quote name='Dranakin']I got this, but I have no idea what to use it for. I'll probably just give it away if I can't find anything by next week.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want it, I'd definately take it off you hands lol.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Yea, I'm just gonna return resonance of fate. Sadly, that means I wasted my coupon. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed RoF, so much so I platinumed it. I admit it has a learning curve to be sure, but once you figure it out the game is an absolute blast to play IMO. I would stick with it considering it was like $9.

Took the coupon to my local Gamestop not sure if I would find anything worthwhile... Lo and behold, they had a used copy of Batman: Arkham City GOTY, which has all the DLC (including Harley's revenge) on a 2nd disc. Didn't even know this existed, and it was $40 used. $30 for that game and all the DLC was a pretty good deal.

Well I tried using two of these coupons on a used vita game but it didn't stack so I used one of them on a copy of heavy rain (a non gh version at that). I loved this game so its great to have it in my ps3 collection again ! The better news is that someone acually gave me 10$ to buy the coupon off my hands !!!!! He told me "hey if you can't use it I'll buy it off of you". Now as a flipper flipping a coupon that was basically useless to me for pure cash is a no brainer lmao

[quote name='sublime2d']Took the coupon to my local Gamestop not sure if I would find anything worthwhile... Lo and behold, they had a used copy of Batman: Arkham City GOTY, which has all the DLC (including Harley's revenge) on a 2nd disc. Didn't even know this existed, and it was $40 used. $30 for that game and all the DLC was a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]Whoa, that's a pretty good deal, especially considering it hasn't even shown up on GS.com in used condition.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well I tried using two of these coupons on a used vita game but it didn't stack so I used one of them on a copy of heavy rain (a non gh version at that). I loved this game so its great to have it in my ps3 collection again ! The better news is that someone acually gave me 10$ to buy the coupon off my hands !!!!! He told me "hey if you can't use it I'll buy it off of you". Now as a flipper flipping a coupon that was basically useless to me for pure cash is a no brainer lmao[/QUOTE]
someone bought a $10 coupon for $10? i dont think he knows how to spend money

Went and copped :ps3: LEGO Batman for my son. He enjoys the LEGO games, I wish :ps3: LEGO Clone Wars was part of the deal. Had it for :360: and it was fun, but I switched to the Dark Side ( :ps3: ) no go on that.

bread's done
Back