Gamestop PUR - $10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up for 2000 points

Mugatu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
https://www.poweruprewards.com/Rewa...t/Yq9fn2N3taxfAyZjPETOX7xpAjOAnAkPAp7UiVxyA==

$10 Off Any One Pre-Owned Game Priced $19.99 And Up
Pick up the pre-owned games you want for less! With this coupon, you’ll save $10 on any one pre-owned game that is regularly priced $19.99 or higher. Hurry, this coupon is only available from 6/11 through 6/24. Don’t miss out on this extremely limited time offer. Redeem yours now for only 2,000 points.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you have some points just sitting around. Mind the expiration date, through 6/24 only.

In addition to Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita), it appears that Dynasty Warriors NEXT and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus are also on sale for $27.99 used, so you could get those for $17.99 after coupon ($16.19 w/ PUR discount).

I'm contemplating getting one or two of those to go along with my new Vita (I can afford 12 of these coupons :D), but which ones...? :whistle2:k

Picked up MGS: HD Collection for $22 which was practically new except the crack in the top right of the corner near the 2nd seal

anyone notice the extra 10% if you buy 3 pre-owned games for PUR members (20% off total instead of 10) that starts today? valid 6/13 - 6/19 I wonder if these coupons will stack.

I thought you could only use 1 coupon per a transaction? If not I definitely be down to get 3 games, was already looking at Mass Effect 3, and Transformers: War for Cybertron.

[quote name='Blade3D']I thought you could only use 1 coupon per a transaction? If not I definitely be down to get 3 games, was already looking at Mass Effect 3, and Transformers: War for Cybertron.[/QUOTE]
there are some coupons that stack with promos etc

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yo do you have to wait a bit for the coupon to activate cuz its not working for me online[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure these don't work online

[quote name='TooPoor']^This is the B2G1 from the renewing PUR?[/QUOTE]

fail.. it's 3 posts up

my store runs a b2g1 free year long

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yo do you have to wait a bit for the coupon to activate cuz its not working for me online[/QUOTE]

wait as long as you want.......still won't work. These only work in store.

Kinda aucks though if you can only use one coupon per transaction...that means tge 20% won't stack.

Just went and picked up 3 games. The $10 off coupon does stack with the 20% off if you buy 3 games. Obviously you can only use one coupon though.

As far as I know PUR coupons never work online, always in store only.

[quote name='Dranakin']I'm thinking about using my coupon for the same game, but in-store. I can't remember: does GS give online passes with used EA games? I can't remember which ones they do. I live in CA.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='Dranakin']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

No only Sony and Warner Bros published titles for now.

Which ea pass are you looking for in particular?

[quote name='KtMack23']Picked up Persona 3 PSP. They sold an M game to a minor without a parent or guardian, tsk tsk. :shame::shame:[/QUOTE]
Better call Hillary Clinton, what do u think this is the 90s?

[quote name='IamPro']Better call Hillary Clinton, what do u think this is the 90s?[/QUOTE]

The ironic thing was when they wrung me up, their TV was playing some thing about game ratings and how they never sell Mature games to minors

Derailment continues:

I get ID'd *every time* at gamestop/BB/target for games. No worries when purchasing alcohol or cigarettes though. I only get ID'd for video games and at crappy college bars.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Derailment continues:

I get ID'd *every time* at gamestop/BB/target for games. No worries when purchasing alcohol or cigarettes though. I only get ID'd for video games and at crappy college bars.[/QUOTE]
That makes 2 of us :lol:

[quote name='boogie4114']No only Sony and Warner Bros published titles for now.

Which ea pass are you looking for in particular?[/QUOTE]

Oh, damn. ME3 is what I plan on getting.

[quote name='KtMack23']Picked up Persona 3 PSP. They sold an M game to a minor without a parent or guardian, tsk tsk. :shame::shame:[/QUOTE]
They better watch out. ESRB has "secret shoppers" hitting GS, BB, etc. From what I hear (from a GS employee that actually "passed the test") it's an automatic termination for the employee and the store/chain gets fined.

[quote name='klimb22']They better watch out. ESRB has "secret shoppers" hitting GS, BB, etc.[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal, just a voluntary program. The ESRB has no power over retailers. They've only done this in the past AFAIK to gather statistics, as discussed in their FAQ.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp

[quote name='fujimitsu']It's not illegal, just a voluntary program. The ESRB has no power over retailers. They've only done this in the past AFAIK to gather statistics, as discussed in their FAQ.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp[/QUOTE]
I took it as GS would enforce the termination, but no sure about where the fines would come from.

[quote name='klimb22']I took it as GS would enforce the termination, but no sure about where the fines would come from.[/QUOTE]

im sure a lot of Gamestop employees have done stupider crap then sell mature games to minors. Yet they never get terminated

Saints Row The Third is on sale for $37.99 used right now. With the 10% off PUR and the $10 off coupon it would be around $25. Might have to pick this up.

[quote name='jj5206']Saints Row The Third is on sale for $37.99 used right now. With the 10% off PUR and the $10 off coupon it would be around $25. Might have to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

im sure it'll be seen cheaper soon.

[quote name='Tony208']fail.. it's 3 posts up

my store runs a b2g1 free year long[/QUOTE]
I saw your post, I wanted to make sure because I seldom shop at GS, never knew they could run store-specific promotions. Looks like it's hard to replicate your situation but thanks for the info.

[quote name='Brother Daz']When you use the second coupon, dont use your PUR card. You should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I used two coupons on two separate days. No problem. I think it is per transaction. Just leave the store and come back a half hour later if its a real problem. Cheers! ;)

[quote name='fujimitsu']Derailment continues:

I get ID'd *every time* at gamestop/BB/target for games. No worries when purchasing alcohol or cigarettes though. I only get ID'd for video games and at crappy college bars.[/QUOTE]

i got ID'd for buying tylenol before...though i cant blame people for following the rules. cops like to secretly shop in places and bust people because you know thats better than busting actually criminals and drug dealers obviously. it sucked my shift i was running was down a person or two already. and then she got busted by stupid undercover cops. thanks guys!!!

So I was a bit annoyed about this coupon today. I had a $34.99 game. It took the 10 off the $34.99 reducing it to $24.xx and then took 2.xx off for my power up rewards discount. I find this a bit deceptive, here's why - if I had no coupon, the 34.99 game costs me 31.xx with my standard 10% discount (no tax when paying with credit).

If I use the coupon I pay 22.xx, so I save $9.00 instead of 10 because of the way it takes the coupon off of the non discounted price first. Now it is a coupon and not a gift card so I guess I can't really be that frustrated. Just my .02

[quote name='bgame2']So I was a bit annoyed about this coupon today. I had a $34.99 game. It took the 10 off the $34.99 reducing it to $24.xx and then took 2.xx off for my power up rewards discount. I find this a bit deceptive, here's why - if I had no coupon, the 34.99 game costs me 31.xx with my standard 10% discount (no tax when paying with credit).

If I use the coupon I pay 22.xx, so I save $9.00 instead of 10 because of the way it takes the coupon off of the non discounted price first. Now it is a coupon and not a gift card so I guess I can't really be that frustrated. Just my .02[/QUOTE]

...are you really annoyed that the coupon saved you ONLY $9 as opposed to $10?

[quote name='TooPoor']I saw your post, I wanted to make sure because I seldom shop at GS, never knew they could run store-specific promotions. Looks like it's hard to replicate your situation but thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame the selection at my store is so small or I'd make an absolute killing on flipping

...I wish my local store did year round b2g1. Oh well, at least new store opening should have one. Hope they have a good day 1 selection.

[quote name='GamerDude316']...are you really annoyed that the coupon saved you ONLY $9 as opposed to $10?[/QUOTE]
I would be annoyed too. I am very concerned on how tax is applied and the savings earned by using coupons. Costco products sometimes apply tax before coupon sometimes they apply after coupon, it annoys the hell out of me. Yes, I do care about saving $1.

[quote name='GamerDude316']...are you really annoyed that the coupon saved you ONLY $9 as opposed to $10?[/QUOTE]

in fairness it is a 10 dollar coupon not a 9 dollar one

[quote name='bgame2']So I was a bit annoyed about this coupon today. I had a $34.99 game. It took the 10 off the $34.99 reducing it to $24.xx and then took 2.xx off for my power up rewards discount. I find this a bit deceptive, here's why - if I had no coupon, the 34.99 game costs me 31.xx with my standard 10% discount (no tax when paying with credit).

If I use the coupon I pay 22.xx, so I save $9.00 instead of 10 because of the way it takes the coupon off of the non discounted price first. Now it is a coupon and not a gift card so I guess I can't really be that frustrated. Just my .02[/QUOTE]
Just the way they do it. On the flip side there is a positive to it being done this way also. I bought a game that was exactly $19.99, had it been applied the way you wanted I wouldn't have been able to apply the coupon to it.

[quote name='Kingmob46']Just got back from Gamestop, MLB12 for Vita was marked $24.99 making it 13.59 for me after coupon, 10%, and tax.[/QUOTE]

nice, isn't there an online pass for it?

[quote name='DCpinoy']nice, isn't there an online pass for it?[/QUOTE]

An online pass for the game printed on the sales receipt. There was also one still in the box... not sure if it works, my Vita arrives on Friday :D

[quote name='Kingmob46']An online pass for the game printed on the sales receipt. There was also one still in the box... not sure if it works, my Vita arrives on Friday :D[/QUOTE]

Nice! that may push me over the fence on picking up The Show also. been a while since i played a MLB game.

The question is, will this stack with the whole buy 3 pre-owned games and get 20% discount for PUR member?

Cause I know the 10% stacks but I don't know if this is considered another offer or not.

Edit: I just read back a couple pages and it's already been asked.
Sucks that they won't allow more then one coupon to be used per transaction though.

Hmm. Tempted to bite on this, since it's a good deal compared to GS's usual reward prices. But not sure I'd find a game to use it on before 6/24. Between GameFly and an Amazon gift card I've already bought everything I want to play at the moment.

Does anyone know if I can use this coupon on their new promotion they have going with buying 3 used games or more and getting 20 percent off as a Pro member? The promo is not a coupon, I think you have to add games to your library as "want" and if you get 3 or more used games, you get the 20 percent off.

[quote name='fujimitsu']It's not illegal, just a voluntary program. The ESRB has no power over retailers. They've only done this in the past AFAIK to gather statistics, as discussed in their FAQ.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's not ILLEGAL around the nation. That's what California was trying (or did for a while?...) pull off. It's basically enforced at stores BY the stores to avoid angry parents coming back in and yelling at the managers for allowing violent/sexy sex games to be sold.

Nothing for me to pick up. Every game 19.99 on their website sucks. Unless they got something that can get flipped. Basically pay $10 and get like $20.

bread's done
Back