Gamestop PUR Steal of the Week B2G1 12,500 Points 5/2-5/8

farley91

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Gamestop's next Steal of the Week on the PUR site will be a B2G1 coupon for 12,500 points.

Pretty good deal since the only other way to get one of these coupons is to sign up for or renew your current PUR card.

[quote name='farley91']Gamestop's next Steal of the Week on the PUR site will be a B2G1 coupon for 12,500 points.

Pretty good deal since the only other way to get one of these coupons is to sign up for or renew your current PUR card.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how long before this coupon will expire? I still have one to use from renewal.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Considering how often they have these sales anyway, seems like a waste of points IMO.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Get Interstate Batteries instead. Always AA, never AAA (stores don't actually carry triples/AAAs- it's a scam).

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Considering how often they have these sales anyway, seems like a waste of points IMO.[/QUOTE]

True, but if you get a free $30+ game out of it then its a lot better value for the points than anything else on that list(as far as actual gaming discounts or point cards). My local gamestop has Ridge Racer 3d, Ghost Recon Shadow, and SSF43d used. I'm picking up a 3ds next week and that would be a sweet deal, as i'd only ever pay full price for Ghost Recon.

[quote name='cheesebu']True, but if you get a free $30+ game out of it then its a lot better value for the points than anything else on that list(as far as actual gaming discounts or point cards). My local gamestop has Ridge Racer 3d, Ghost Recon Shadow, and SSF43d used. I'm picking up a 3ds next week and that would be a sweet deal, as i'd only ever pay full price for Ghost Recon.[/QUOTE]

^^^Not if they run a good promo at the same time. You'd have to choose between one, or the other, and weigh the differences in how much you save from both options, cause they wont stack.

I'm in agreeance with the others that the offer is pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cost is wayyyyy too high.

Would only be worth that much on expensive used games, which gamestop has the worst prices on to begin with.

Personally I use gamsetop almost exclusively for cheap games that would be killed by shipping.

Here's hoping next week's sale is better.

Yeah I used all my points last week to get the $5 off preowned coupons to use on games around that price. Its not as useful now since I got most of what I wanted with B2G2 and others picked over the selection as well. But can't complain about the 4 free or almost free games I'll be getting.

This would only be worth it if it also renewed your pro membership. So far it looks like they alternate good deal one week, then bad deal the next.

This is definitely a steal of the week...for them. If they can con just one person into wasting their points on this coupon, they will have won.

[quote name='farley91']Gamestop's next Steal of the Week on the PUR site will be a B2G1 coupon for 12,500 points.

Pretty good deal since the only other way to get one of these coupons is to sign up for or renew your current PUR card.[/QUOTE]

So you get a b2g1 coupon on a renewal? Does it happen at the time of renewal or when the current sub runs out. I am about 2 months from needing to renew, more so cause I am a sucker for GI, but that could be more insentive to get it down now.

Ok I don't get it. 20,000 points or so nets you a $20 PSN or xbox points card. But if you have 3 recent games available used that you want, you would be saving around $40 for 12,500.

Explain to me again why this is such a bad deal? Just because it comes from Gamestop and you've all decided you hate them?

True they will run these sales on their own eventually but sometimes you guys are just cheap asses and not gamers. Some people have games they want to play now and don't want to wait months for a better price on.

Not the best deal but not the terrible deal you all make it out to be in my opinion.

Too many new games are getting 1/3 off (or more in the case of Portal 2) these days, either on release day or shortly after. B2G1 is a pseudo 1/3 off that requires you to pick up three games at once AND spend points on a coupon to do it, and it's only worth a crap over the other coupons offered if you're getting $40+ games to begin with.

[quote name='biledriver']
Explain to me again why this is such a bad deal? Just because it comes from Gamestop and you've all decided you hate them?
[/QUOTE]

Because, unless you live under a gaming rock, you know that GS runs a B2G1 about every other month... And you don;t have to use your reward points to do it.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Because, unless you live under a gaming rock, you know that GS runs a B2G1 about every other month... And you don;t have to use your reward points to do it.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if the 2k11 merch is legit or fake china replicas

Gamestop isn't using this to advertise that upgrading to PUR Platinum or whatever they call it is effectively getting 12,750 free points?

I mean, that's the same as what you'd get for spending $1,275 at their store. All for buying a subscription to Game Informer.

That's so fucked up I can't even think of a good joke to make. It's just straight fucked up.

bread's done
Back