Gamestop Reciepts

jjhearn

CAGiversary!
Is there any way to have a receipt reprinted? It was purchased in July. I used my edge card, and also bank card for the remaining balance.

I asked my local guy and he played dumb. But, maybe it wasn't an act.

Anyone have any advice?

thanks

JJ

If this is in the wrong place, please redirect it. I couldn't really figure out where this should go

pretty sure they can reprint a receipt, you need to have details of the transaction though, like the date, games and approximate time. dont think they can do it solely with the edge card.

[quote name='jjhearn']Is there any way to have a receipt reprinted? It was purchased in July. I used my edge card, and also bank card for the remaining balance.

I asked my local guy and he played dumb. But, maybe it wasn't an act.

Anyone have any advice?

thanks

JJ

If this is in the wrong place, please redirect it. I couldn't really figure out where this should go[/QUOTE]
I don't think he was playing dumb, remember GS likes to hire teens without any kind of common sense.

Most major retail chains can re-print receipts, the real question is WILL they

If you used your edge card then it was linked to your name. They should be able to look you up in the system and see anything bought. If they can't do it that way, then you need to find the date you bought it on, which can be done by getting your bank card statements for the month of July. Give them that date and they should be able to pull it up

I don't know what your reason for having the receipt would be, BUT, if they won't reprint it for you, you have your bank statement as a backup to show a purchase was made. While it won't specify the product you purchased, they will have a way to look up the transaction. If they won't do it (ie - you're returning something and they want the original), just go to corporate and explain your story, who will then direct you to the district manager, who should satisfy your needs. I had to do this after purchasing a game that just wouldn't read. The store manager swore it was something I did to the game... like I was going to lie about a

Yep, you have to know the date, and approx time you made the purchase. If you can remember what register it was done on it also helps. Keep in mind that if it is the same as when I worked there, there is a limit to how long the register keeps records, though I don't remember what it is. Also, ask for a manager or even an assistant manager to do it, as they have access to do it (part timers can do very little in the system, though it varies by who puts them into the system as to what permissions they have) and also they should know how to do it.

Just curious, what do you need a receipt for from a purchase made in July?

[quote name='missingno81']I don't think he was playing dumb, remember GS likes to hire teens without any kind of common sense.[/QUOTE]

So the kids are supposed to magically know every aspect of every procedure and that qualifies as common sense? Since it's common sense and everyone has it, why don't you spell it out for us? Oh, that's right.

Anyway, to actually contribute something, the last time I tried this it was about two days later and the guy said no go. The only way he could help me was he scanned my Edge card and said he could only see a tiny part of the title of whatever the game was.

[quote name='missingno81']I don't think he was playing dumb, remember GS likes to hire teens without any kind of common sense.[/QUOTE] awesome, i live next 2 1, maybe i should get a job there. also i keep all my receipts in a box and i even got some from 2002.:D

bread's done
Back