Gamestop removed OnLive vouchers from Deus EX: HR; Now Pulling Game From Shelves

Gamestop = known best Ripping Off Peoples. Open every single copy and stealing every single online code sell for full price. Later Sell the online code for extra more $$$$.

[quote name='jdb230']I don't understand why some people are having such a difficult time understanding this SIMPLE CONCEPT. Yes, gamestop has the "right" to decide what they sell in their stores. But they DO NOT have the right to open up "NEW" merchendise and pick&choose what they want their customers to have and use their shitty policies as justification and still sell the item as "NEW". If they had a problem with ANY ASPECT of this game, as delivered by the manufacturer, then they should have just not sold the game and sent it back to the manufacturer from the start.

Instead, they chose to do as they always do, not give a damn about common sense or customer service and do whatever they feel like doing just because this same shitty philosophy has worked so well for them all this time. THANK GOD, people are in an uproar over this and giving gamestop hell for it. It is PAST TIME that people band together and bash gamestop with complaints/online petitions/boycots/etc over their shitty practice of selling opened new games as "New".

And to those tards who say "they only do it to the "1 copy" they put on display, so whats the big deal?" If that is what truly happens, then do you really think so many people would be complaining? Sure most newer released major title games will be sealed, but if you are looking for any other game that has been out for more then a few months and its not a AAA title, chances are it will be gutted. Not to mention, anytime they have a power sale they gut all of those titles as well.

I'm not one of those people who want gamestop to close over this issue, and I will still continue to shop there despite their shitty customer service and policies, because at the end of the day I care about getting the best deals. For some games, the trade-in prices are pretty good and better then other places or even selling them on ebay, and for those games, I will continue to use gamestop as long as it benefits me. However, I will continue not to buy New games unless they are sealed. I will just pm their deals elsewhere, even if it means paying with real money as opposed to gs trade in credit. Most recent experience with this was bloodstone, 1 local store only had 1 copy that was gutted, other local store had 4 copies (and guess what, all 4 were gutted....so much for the gutting only "1 copy" for display theory). Went next door to bb and pmd the game instead.[/QUOTE]

You lost me at "I'm not one of those people who want gamestop to close over this issue", but I can agree with the rest of your post before that.

We'd actually benefit if GameStop closed down. Look what happened when Circuit City left the playing field. Best Buy has been more competitive and have been giving me "better buys" than Walmart (where I work at and get a 10% discount). As for the employees of GameStop who would lose their jobs... a retail job is a retail job. There are plenty of them available.

I picked up a few rare gems at Best Buy, and they even have the ability to send inventory from one Best Buy across the country to another. No other store has that ability; Walmart's "Site-to-Store" doesn't even come close to that when I'm looking for hard-to-find games not shown on the website anymore. Best Buy didn't even have that ability when Circuit City was around.

well i know mostly everyone is bad mouthing gamestop sorry you have all had bad times with gamestop i've never had problems with the stores i've gone to buy my games and that's before i started working for gamestop i've been working for a couple gamestop store been working for the company for more than a year. i was there on the launch of this game our pc versions were sealed so unless gamestop is magic and made the coupon disappear they should be in there i did read an article online about that square just mentioned the coupon day the game came out i read that on the the comments of the article and some said that on the OnLive site they had a deal to get the game for free if you got a console or something like that. well if people are complaining about some new games being open or gs selling used games for full price well every gs i've been to or worked doesnt sell used games for full price. the opened new games if you are buying a new game and it the last copy the case is the display because gs doesn't send just empty cases to show we just have one tile on the sheilf plus what if u grabbed the display off the sheilf and we were sold out it be faules advertising but the games are still new just behind the counter with the other copies. sorry everyones gs doesnt run this way but i wouldnt play a new copy of a game if i didnt buy it that's not right it is power to the player thats you they have all these deals sometime for trades or used games i'm not saying gs, gs, gs yeah because i still haven't gotten my gameinformer since i've signed up for it 3 months ago but thats gameinformers doing but don't burn the monster and never find out it wasn't a monster just an angry crowd building it into one well nothing is perfect if you hate your gs go to a different one i don't know what to tell you i just get this from the ones that i worked at or shopped at before and while working for gs. maybe gs isn't your store or you need to do your game shopping in more than one retailer. i shop different places on and offline i find the deals that best power me as a player in the life of video games. i know last month gs had trade any games to some of the hottest E3 tiles and i dont trade games but I made off with most of the games that i want that are coming out this year like batman aa, uncharted 3, AC revilation i traded only a handfull of games and with the power-up pro got the 10% + 40% so 50% or credit for my trades and i got more than i paid for the games to trade them so i have 2 games fully paid off and you could say that's better than the best buy deal pre-order 5 select tiles and get a $100 gc but everyone has there own ways of getting games but we should cry about a free download coupon is you buying the game for pc because there is no online multiplayer for this game so why do you need 2 pc copies to play with yourself if you have 2 computers right next to you but you will still be playing the same game portal 2 for ps3 made sence ps3 teamed up with sony to make this multi-platformed so you can play ps3 and pc players together it had a coep online that you needed 2 players so if you had the ps3 and got the pc steam code you still had to link in to your psn id but the ps3 or xbox versions didnt come with a code it was the pc version theres no online play no cross-platforming gameplay so the i have a dream speak can happen in the game world about " I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all games are created equal." i have a dream that pc, ps3, and xbox will be not judged by the.... but anyways if the coupon was only in the pc version and it's to download the pc version it's not like they took the game off the dics i would be more upset if i bought the game for pc and only got a download code but is it just me i would rather have a physical copy of the game. I'll leave you with this if you want 2 copies of this game don't hate the gs stores just call up OnLine service and say that you need the coupon to download it or square there the ones that offered the coupn so they should be able to get that for you if you so badly want 2 copies of the same game.
……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

There are the periods that you forgot in your post! That being said, I love all the people attempting to defend this obnoxious crap they are trying to pull. Honestly, this is just 'shady' I fully understand why GS would not want a packaged coupon for a competitor - but that does not give them the right to de-value a product and then sell it as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrencrest
Please stop trying to compare robbing a bank and what GS did with a code for a game. Not even close to the same thing.
Okay maybe you'll like this analogy better, so a person goes in to best buy, slits open a game, steals the onlive voucher, as he is walking out the door gets stopped by loss prevention, he hands the voucher back, he then should be able to walk out the front door like nothing happened. Except in gamestops scenario you need to multiply that by thousands.
Yea...

[quote name='CheapyD']Here's what should have happened when GameStop discovered the Onlive coupon problem:

1) Sell initial supply of Deus Ex (PC) to satisfy pre-orders and new release week shoppers.
2) Complain to Square Enix and ask to exchange for boxed copies without the coupon present.
3) Send a memo to Publishers saying, in the future, you won't accept coupons that promote GameStop competitors.

Problem solved in 3 easy steps. How many boxed copies of Deus Ex is GameStop going to sell in a week? Not enough to justify a PR shitstorm, that's for sure. If 100,000 people (a number I pulled out of my ass) got their hands on an Onlive coupon from GameStop, would that really be so horrible?[/QUOTE]
From my talk with the manager I've known for years, their store and a few local ones did exactly that. They basically ignored the memo because integrity was valued more. They didn't escalate it back to upper management obviously, but it sounds like GS is just doing a recall anyway. In the end, I feel like this is way overblown because I'm sure many other stores did not follow through on such a boneheaded mistake. They also wish the field ops manager would be fired, but doubt it will happen.

Here is an idea, if you are a pc gamer just buy the game on steam...why are u idiots even buying the game on disc anyways. And as far as gamestop opening new stuff, ask for a sealed one or buy it somewhere else...what is the big deal? Gamestop has treated me well over the years with trade ins and sealed new stuff/preorders, why hate UMADBROS cuz u don't have steam?

Can't we just post news stuff on the front page? I don't come to this forum to read gaming news, I can find that on a ton of other (better suited) sites.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']Here is an idea, if you are a pc gamer just buy the game on steam...why are u idiots even buying the game on disc anyways. And as far as gamestop opening new stuff, ask for a sealed one or buy it somewhere else...what is the big deal? Gamestop has treated me well over the years with trade ins and sealed new stuff/preorders, why hate UMADBROS cuz u don't have steam?[/QUOTE]

Some of us like the physical copy as well >.>

[quote name='mykevermin']Taking away a portion of a product is heinous, but the thing is, GS had the means of replacing the portion of the product they removed - yet they did not.

As long as people buy GS' gutted copies (and don't say no), they'll continue to gut them. If the copy of a game you want at GS is gutted, say "no thanks," explain why, and don't purchase the game. That simple.

But that's different from opening the product to take something out of the package. GS should replace what they took out. They have a DD service, so they should offer it to customers as a courtesy download. What would be the harm there?[/QUOTE]

This.

Like Jodou said, there are probably a few good apples ignoring the memo and preserving their integrity, even if the name itself has been badly damaged.

Glad to see some Game$top defenders here though, someone needs to white knight for big corporations ripping people off.

[quote name='Nintendonly']
I picked up a few rare gems at Best Buy, and they even have the ability to send inventory from one Best Buy across the country to another. No other store has that ability; Walmart's "Site-to-Store" doesn't even come close to that when I'm looking for hard-to-find games not shown on the website anymore. Best Buy didn't even have that ability when Circuit City was around.[/QUOTE]

...I don't know what gamestop you go to but they can get stuff shipped from anywhere in the country.

[quote name='Jodou']From my talk with the manager I've known for years, their store and a few local ones did exactly that. They basically ignored the memo because integrity was valued more. They didn't escalate it back to upper management obviously, but it sounds like GS is just doing a recall anyway. In the end, I feel like this is way overblown because I'm sure many other stores did not follow through on such a boneheaded mistake. They also wish the field ops manager would be fired, but doubt it will happen.[/QUOTE]

The higher up the deceptive practices go the worse it is. If this was just one store manager who did this nobody would care. It seems however to be part of the culture of the corporation.

[quote name='yantelope']The higher up the deceptive practices go the worse it is. If this was just one store manager who did this nobody would care. It seems however to be part of the culture of the corporation.[/QUOTE]
Well yeah, and it's easy to hate on GameStop because there's not much to like.

[quote name='unc13 buck']...I don't know what gamestop you go to but they can get stuff shipped from anywhere in the country.[/QUOTE]

Amazon can ship from anywhere in the country...

[quote name='Nintendonly']
92_what_the_fuck_is_this_shit_RE_PwnzElite_has_declared_war_on_Grammar_Nazis-s306x227-173187.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sig!

[quote name='Nintendonly']You lost me at "I'm not one of those people who want gamestop to close over this issue", but I can agree with the rest of your post before that.

We'd actually benefit if GameStop closed down. Look what happened when Circuit City left the playing field. Best Buy has been more competitive and have been giving me "better buys" than Walmart (where I work at and get a 10% discount). As for the employees of GameStop who would lose their jobs... a retail job is a retail job. There are plenty of them available.

I picked up a few rare gems at Best Buy, and they even have the ability to send inventory from one Best Buy across the country to another. No other store has that ability; Walmart's "Site-to-Store" doesn't even come close to that when I'm looking for hard-to-find games not shown on the website anymore. Best Buy didn't even have that ability when Circuit City was around.[/QUOTE]

No you're wrong. Best Buy & Target stopped pretty much all deals on games after the closing of CC. It wasn't until BB lost games business to TRU at first and now KMart with the gift cards/coupons those stores gave on new releases has BB decided to step up their game. Heck they're so jealous of Gamestop they're turning their game sections into mini-Gamestops.

[quote name='werc22']all i was saying is i was work day of launch for this game i worked all day and while i was at work all the pc versions of this game were sealed we aren't a gs that has many pc games but uness they did that today before i went to work they should be in our stores copies we don't display our pc games we just have them in a draw behind the counter but the 1st day they sold pretty quick maybe gs store that are more pc sellers gutted there copies but i don't know what to tell you i can just say how my store is not your store or any other store. i understand that some stores did that but like i said we sold them quickly on launch so even if we got the memo our pc copies were sold out. plus my rant of you say tossed together works and the i have a dream speach i was trying to be funny at so early in the morning talking about how it is different than the portal 2 that came with the steam pc codes.[/QUOTE]

did you buy your school books from gamestop and they removed the chapter on punctuation?

[quote name='OblivionScamp']Here is an idea, if you are a pc gamer just buy the game on steam...why are u idiots even buying the game on disc anyways. And as far as gamestop opening new stuff, ask for a sealed one or buy it somewhere else...what is the big deal? Gamestop has treated me well over the years with trade ins and sealed new stuff/preorders, why hate UMADBROS cuz u don't have steam?[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with preferring a tangible release. In fact, anyone who buys the physical retail copy of a PC game is getting MORE for their money. Anyone who buys strictly digital is a chump of the industry.

Also, when it comes to GameStop selling opened games as new, it's about the principle.

And the money.

[quote name='unc13 buck']...I don't know what gamestop you go to but they can get stuff shipped from anywhere in the country.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the point of my statement. The more competitive the industry, the better the deals and features the retailers offer (which, in my example with Best Buy, came about shortly after Circuit City's death).

GameStop isn't even on the same level of competition as the other retailers; they just use sleazy tactics and get away with it. I blame the uneducated/uninformed populace of North America.

The removal of GameStop would only be better for consumers is what I'm getting at. Hard to put into my own words and other posters have said it better.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No you're wrong. Best Buy & Target stopped pretty much all deals on games after the closing of CC. It wasn't until BB lost games business to TRU at first and now KMart with the gift cards/coupons those stores gave on new releases has BB decided to step up their game. Heck they're so jealous of Gamestop they're turning their game sections into mini-Gamestops.[/QUOTE]

Really? I could have sworn that I've been getting more deals at Target and Best Buy since Circuit City's closure. As for the "mini-GameStops" statement... I did notice that Best Buy added an awkwardly-placed register in the game department. Weird. Still, their used and new prices are better than GameStop's.

[quote name='Nintendonly']That wasn't the point of my statement. The more competitive the industry, the better the deals and features the retailers offer (which, in my example with Best Buy, came about shortly after Circuit City's death).

GameStop isn't even on the same level of competition as the other retailers; they just use sleazy tactics and get away with it. I blame the uneducated/uninformed populace of North America.

The removal of GameStop would only be better for consumers is what I'm getting at. Hard to put into my own words and other posters have said it better.

Really? I could have sworn that I've been getting more deals at Target and Best Buy since Circuit City's closure. As for the "mini-GameStops" statement... I did notice that Best Buy added an awkwardly-placed register in the game department. Weird. Still, their used and new prices are better than GameStop's.[/QUOTE]

can't wait for people to start hating best buy because the used games come in those yellow cases

[quote name='Nintendonly']You lost me at "I'm not one of those people who want gamestop to close over this issue", but I can agree with the rest of your post before that.

We'd actually benefit if GameStop closed down. Look what happened when Circuit City left the playing field. Best Buy has been more competitive and have been giving me "better buys" than Walmart (where I work at and get a 10% discount).[/quote]

Counterintuitive and wrong. More competition, lower prices. Less competition, higher prices. Simple as that. The changes you attribute to Circuit City's closing have nothing to do with it.

As for the employees of GameStop who would lose their jobs... a retail job is a retail job. There are plenty of them available.

There's a recession. It's in all the newspapers. Retail jobs are declining.

[quote name='Drclaw411']can't wait for people to start hating best buy because the used games come in those yellow cases[/QUOTE]

Unlike GameStop selling games with gutted content to unknowing customers, you actually know that you are buying games in yellow cases (even then, some come in their original-colored cases with just yellow shrink-wrap over the whole package).

The situations aren't even comparable to begin with.

[quote name='jaydepps']Is it Yellow Cases though? I thought that was just the shrink wrap.[/QUOTE]

Some actually do have mustard yellow cases. Google images isn't doing it for me.

Here's an idea: don't try to shrug it off as "not that bad" and grow a brain. I'm usually against the whole GS bashing scene (lolo let's hate what's popular) but this is total bull. Besides why didn't they remove the Steam code in the PS3 versions of Portal 2? This makes no sense.

[quote name='confoosious']did you buy your school books from gamestop and they removed the chapter on punctuation?[/QUOTE]

This is the quote of the day right here.

i'm not saying gs stores for pulling the code was right. just saying my store didn't pull any pc code from that game of open the pc versions. it's not the same as portal 2 the ps3 version that gave you the pc steam code it's different. deus ex: HR pc version came with the code for a pc copy it's not like the ps3 version that came with an OnLine service code.
I understand the gamestops that pulled the codes wasn't right but why do you need 2 pc copies of the pc version of deus ex. Gamestop could have pulled them because people would buy the pc version keep the code and sell the physical copy of the game.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I'm usually against the whole GS bashing scene (lolo let's hate what's popular) but this is total bull.[/QUOTE]

That is wrong. You should always bring up a situation that is wrong and rally with supporters.

It's why the fucking US is in such bad shape because there are too many ignorant people willing to take it up the ass. For example, my house is spontaneously being valued at an exorbitant price that it could never be sold at, and I have to pay more in taxes. Am I going to take it like a GameStop shill? No, I'm going to refute the hell outta that shit and pay the right value in taxes.

If there wasn't an uproar about this, GameStop would have never pulled the copies and would continue to do their sleazy shenanigans. Next, we should try to have it so GameStop doesn't open sealed copies of games and label them new and/or if they do, charge less than retail for that copy. I actually once saw an opened copy of a game labelled as "new" at my local GameStop with a discounted pricetag in their dump bin. I was shocked, and it's a slow start to a good future. But that was only once and they went back to the douchebaggery.

[quote name='werc22']i'm not saying gs stores for pulling the code was right. just saying my store didn't pull any pc code from that game of open the pc versions. it's not the same as portal 2 the ps3 version that gave you the pc steam code it's different. deus ex: HR pc version came with the code for a pc copy it's not like the ps3 version that came with an OnLine service code.
I understand the gamestops that pulled the codes wasn't right but why do you need 2 pc copies of the pc version of deus ex. Gamestop could have pulled them because people would buy the pc version keep the code and sell the physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

One version of the PC copy is off of your harddrive, the other is streamed over the internet.

Apparently, the streamed version (OnLive) is competing with GameStop's "soon-to-be available" Impulse service. Their claim is that they weren't made aware of a "competitor's" coupon was available in the PC versions of Deus Ex. Which is technically false since Square-Enix put out a press release saying as such right before the game's release.

[quote name='confoosious']did you buy your school books from gamestop and they removed the chapter on punctuation?[/QUOTE]

Wonderful!! What GS is going is very ridiculous, hope they pay for this one.

I don't know if it's better or worse when grammatically correct.

[quote name='werc22']Well, I know that almost everyone is bad mouthing Gamestop, and I'm sorry you have all had bad times with them. I've never had problems with the stores I've gone to to buy my games, and that's before I started working there. I've been working at a couple Gamestop stores, and have been employed by the company for more than a year. I was there for the launch of this game, and our pc versions were sealed. So, unless Gamestop used magic to make the coupons disappear, they should be in there.

I did read an article online mentioning that Square Enix waited to mention the coupon until the day the game came out. In the comments of the article, someone said that on the OnLive site, they had a deal to get the game for free if you have a console, or something like that.

Well, if people are complaining about some new games being open or Gamestop selling used games for full price, every Gamestop I've been to or worked at doesn't sell used games for full price. If you're buying a new game and it's open, it's because it's the last copy and the case was used for the display, because Gamestop doesn't send out empty cases to show we have a title on the shelf. Plus, what if you grabbed the display off the shelf and we were sold out? It would be false advertising. But, the games are still new, just behind the counter with the other copies. Sorry to everyone that Gamestop doesn't run this way, but I wouldn't play a new copy of a game if I didn't buy it. That's not right. It is power to the player (that's you) that they have all these deals, sometimes, for trades or used games.

I'm not saying Gamestop, Gamestop, Gamestop, yeah, because I still haven't gotten my GameInformer since I signed up for it 3 months ago. But, that's GameInformer's doing, so don't burn the monster and find out it wasn't a monster, just an angry crowd perceiving it as one.

Well, nothing is perfect. If you hate your Gamestop, go to a different one. I don't know what to tell you. I just get this from the ones that I worked at or shopped at. Maybe Gamestop isn't your store, or you need to do your game shopping in more than one retailer. I shop different places on and offline. I find the deals that best power me, as a player, in the life of video games.

I know that last month, Gamestop had a deal to trade any games in for credit to buy some of the hottest E3 titles. I don't trade games normally, but I made off with most of the games that I want that are coming out this year, like Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I traded only a handful of games and, with the Power-Up Pro, got the 10% + 40% (so 50%) credit for my trades. I got more credits trading than I had paid for the games, so now i have 2 games fully paid off. You could say that's better than the Best Buy deal of pre-order 5 select titles and get a $100 giftcard.

Everyone has their own ways of getting games, so why should we cry about a free download coupon? If you're buying the game for pc, because there is no online multiplayer for this game, why do you need 2 PC copies? To play with yourself? If you have 2 computers right next to each other, you will still be playing the same game.

Portal 2 for PS3 made sense. PS3 teamed up with Sony to make this for multiple platforms, so you can have PS3 and PC players together. It had a co-op mode online that you needed 2 players for, so if you had the PS3 and got the PC Steam code, you still had to link it to your PSN id. But, the PS3 or Xbox versions didn't come with a code. It was the PC version. There's no online play and no cross-platforming gameplay in Deus Ex, so the "I have a dream" speech in the game world can be "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all games are created equal." I have a dream that PC, PS3, and Xbox will be not judged by the...."

But, anyways, if the coupon was only in the PC version and it's to download the PC version, it's not like they took the game off the disc. I would be more upset if I bought the game for PC and only got a download code, but maybe that is just me. i would rather have a physical copy of the game.

I'll leave you with this: if you want 2 copies of this game, don't hate the Gamestop stores. Just call up OnLive's customer service and say that you need the coupon to download it, or call Square Enix. They're the ones who offered the coupon, so they should be able to get that for you, if you so badly want 2 copies of the same game.[/QUOTE]

I was reading Gamestop Canada's twitter, and saw this..

@Riptwo asked
"@GameStop Were the Deus Ex codes also removed by Canadian GameStop locations?"

Gamestop Canada replied

"No, unfortunately, certain copies of Deus Ex on PC did not have the codes packaged with the game. Please DM me your info. Thanks"

They're trying to make it sound like it's the publisher's fault for not including the code, when they gutted the games to remove it? They can't even admit their fault? That's so pathetic

[quote name='CACG']I was reading Gamestop Canada's twitter, and saw this..

@Riptwo asked
"@GameStop Were the Deus Ex codes also removed by Canadian GameStop locations?"

Gamestop Canada replied

"No, unfortunately, certain copies of Deus Ex on PC did not have the codes packaged with the game. Please DM me your info. Thanks"

They're trying to make it sound like it's the publisher's fault for not including the code, when they gutted the games to remove it? They can't even admit their fault? That's so pathetic[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the offer wasn't just for US residents? I know Canadians get shafted often with coupons and such so it's possible they weren't even included in Canadian shipments of the game

I keep staring at that wall of text expecting some image to show up like one of those optical illusions.

[quote name='DrNo888']I keep staring at that wall of text expecting some image to show up like one of those optical illusions.[/QUOTE]

You dumb bastard, it's a schooner, not a sailboat!

[quote name='DrNo888']I keep staring at that wall of text expecting some image to show up like one of those optical illusions.[/QUOTE]
If you stare long enough at it, a comma magically appears.
But not where you're looking. :cry:

hopefully they dont close down. hopefully they just get their asses sued and/or lose business, are forced to change some of their policies and offer better deals, causing more competition and other places then having to match them etc, etc.

better deals = we win.

[quote name='Drclaw411']hopefully they dont close down. hopefully they just get their asses sued and/or lose business, are forced to change some of their policies and offer better deals, causing more competition and other places then having to match them etc, etc.

better deals = we win.[/QUOTE]

Or they could just stop opening their new games, or make it a policy if they remove the seal they have to sell it as used. Would just be good for business

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Or they could just stop opening their new games, or make it a policy if they remove the seal they have to sell it as used. Would just be good for business[/QUOTE]
So instead of $60 it will be $55.:roll:

[quote name='Drclaw411']hopefully they dont close down. hopefully they just get their asses sued and/or lose business, are forced to change some of their policies and offer better deals, causing more competition and other places then having to match them etc, etc.

better deals = we win.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that reasoning is why small businesses are becoming obsolete. Corporations like Gamestop pull shit like this because they have the money and power to do so. Consider that logic when thinking about stores like Wal-Mart and Target. Getting a better deal is not necessarily winning in the long run. And you wonder why the division of wealth is so fucked.

[quote name='Apostle22']

@Midloo

What does them being from Texas have to do with anything? Don't be hatin on Texas.[/QUOTE]

Sorry - I just don't agree with most of the ideas that come out of Texas. Until they put Austin in charge, you guys are headed the wrong direction - especially on job creation. We don't need a country full of minimum wage government jobs.

Back on topic!: Gamestop is crap.

I'm new to the CAG community, and I've never personally had any problems with gamestop, so I had no ill sentiment to them before this. I didn't even know about the free onlive code otherwise I would have probably ordered me a copy being an onlive fan and all. I'm so glad I didn't because this type of business practice is alarming. After reading some of the other things about gamestop on this forum (employees playing new games etc.), I'm pretty sure that after I get my Gears 3 I'm done with them.

Has Square Enix released a statement yet? This is what upsets me the most about all of it. Even though this should be met with extreme anger from SE, they will probably roll over and be all nice towards GS simply because of the market share GS owns. I'm officially in gamestop boycott mode.

[quote name='Jon Bon']Unfortunately, that reasoning is why small businesses are becoming obsolete. Corporations like Gamestop pull shit like this because they have the money and power to do so. Consider that logic when thinking about stores like Wal-Mart and Target. Getting a better deal is not necessarily winning in the long run. And you wonder why the division of wealth is so fucked.[/QUOTE]

Unless the small businesses offer a better deal to me, I'll give the big corporations my money instead.

And we all know that Mom and Pop shops only offer better deals when they are liquidating their assets.

bread's done
Back