GameStop Retro Sale: B2G1 Free

Those are some high as shit prices for game only copies. Can't imagine how many people traded in their old N64 games for $15 with coupons to see them relisted for $60. But what else is GameStop good for?

Beware Genesis games...I know a friend who had a repro mixed in with some commons and they took it...

Not SWIMming, it was actually a friend. 

Yeah, be super careful here when buying cartridge games. I've heard tons of reports of people getting repros, counterfeits, or even outright swapped boards from completely different games. GameStop's testing facility for this stuff sucks.

I especially wouldn't trust mass-counterfeited games like first-party GBA games. GBA fakes can be hard to spot to the untrained eye, and GameStop has been proven to accept and resell them. Pokemon in particular is very, VERY widely faked on both GBA and DS (which is probably why GameStop's prices on those are strangely very low).

Disc games should be safe, though. Can't really fake a GCN game. But of course those are the ones GameStop raises the prices really high on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when Gamestop was originally purging it's Gamecube stock, I managed to get Pokemon Gale of Darkness for 5 dollars.  And it didn't work, of course, because Gamestop.  Now they want FOURTY DOLLARS for Gale of Darkness.  I just can't catch a break with that one.

I remember when Gamestop was originally purging it's Gamecube stock, I managed to get Pokemon Gale of Darkness for 5 dollars. And it didn't work, of course, because Gamestop. Now they want FOURTY DOLLARS for Gale of Darkness. I just can't catch a break with that one.
That's not a bad price if its complete, but knowing gamestop is probably not.

Mine was complete. 80% of the GC games I ordered from them actually came with at least the case.
Wow that's a surprise! Specially with a game like Pokemon: GOD that comes with a lot of papers (advertisements, posters, precaution/warnings plus the instruction booklet).

Wow that's a surprise! Specially with a game like Pokemon: GOD that comes with a lot of papers (advertisements, posters, precaution/warnings plus the instruction booklet).
OK, sorry. No poster. Didn't even know it had one. It had the advert insert for Nitnendo Power, instruction booklet, and generic precaution warning booklet

OK, sorry. No poster. Didn't even know it had one. It had the advert insert for Nitnendo Power, instruction booklet, and generic precaution warning booklet
Oh ok, well $40 is still a good price, even if the poster is not included. I got mine for $35 like a week before the pokemon GO! Mayhem, right after that i think it jumped to $50-$60

Such an under rated game.
Yep, i've put in like 80hrs on it so far. I still want to do some post game stuff but too busy with work/school. Nintendo is insane for not making a part 2 so far, they won't even need to do much.

Oh ok, well $40 is still a good price, even if the poster is not included. I got mine for $35 like a week before the pokemon GO! Mayhem, right after that i think it jumped to $50-$60
Yep, i've put in like 80hrs on it so far. I still want to do some post game stuff but too busy with work/school. Nintendo is insane for not making a part 2 so far, they won't even need to do much.
I got it for much cheaper than that. It was like $20 IIRC. When they first started reselling GC games again, the prices were really low. I bought like 15 games on the day it went live because after PUR and cag16, they were so dang cheap.

bread's done
Back