Gamestop ripping me off?!

Spinbrett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I asked about trade in value for my 360 elite, they said, 90 bucks. I laughed, then they said, just add the hard drive and we will give you 40 bucks more! 130 dollars! wow, they will resell it for 349.00. I told the guy thats a blatent rip off. He said, thats a good deal for a used system, and then the employee beside him started laughing, I looked back at the original guy, and said, thats what I thought. What a rip...

love-smiley-086.gif

I could easily be sarcastic but I know what you really want to see so I'll put it to make you happy even if I really don't care

"Gamestop is teh suckzorz, cheap as ripoff bitches can go to hell and die with glitterz!"

profit is one thing, but rippin people is not good. Lets say you bought your car for 10,000 in January? Would you take 2,000 in Feb.? You would laugh, just like I did! I dont think you would say, sure mr car salesman, I know you have to make a profit.

First off they don't sell used elites so your $349 number is wrong. Everything is traded in individually.

-Basic System(Sells for $180)
-Hard Drive(Unsure of 120 gig used price)

They are never together after you trade them in. So get your facts straight before saying a company is ripping you off.

Just another lame GS post really.

If there isn't one already, a "Gamestop sucks" thread should be made and all of these threads should be lumped in there (especially with the replies made...these come up way too often).

[quote name='Spinbrett']profit is one thing, but rippin people is not good. Lets say you bought your car for 10,000 in January? Would you take 2,000 in Feb.? You would laugh, just like I did! I dont think you would say, sure mr car salesman, I know you have to make a profit.[/QUOTE]
I think the 360 is a bit older than one month. Always remember that as soon as you drive the car out the lot it will drastically go down in value

well Howard, since you like those kind of deals, Ill give you 5 bucks for all your dvd's and video games. Do you accept paypal?

[quote name='Spinbrett']well Howard, since you like those kind of deals, Ill give you 5 bucks for all your dvd's and video games. Do you accept paypal?[/QUOTE]
Don't do it howard, gamestop has a deal that they give you more for your trade ins if you trade in multiple next gen games :D

[quote name='Spinbrett']well Howard, since you like those kind of deals, Ill give you 5 bucks for all your dvd's and video games. Do you accept paypal?[/quote]

$5 + shipping and they are yours.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'll give you $130.01 for it.[/quote] I'll give you $130.02, and something that came out of my asshole. Giggity Giggity.

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

And just how do you get ripped off in a voluntary transaction that you initiate? No one is forcing you to trade your shit in to GameStop.

they dont force you? at our gamestop, they hold a gun to your head if you dont preorder something. Then they harass you to buy the used scratched copy for 17.99 when the new minty fresh one is 20.00 one time they kidnapped me and made me play E.T. on the atari for 3 straight days, now thats torture!

The answer to that question is ALWAYS yes. Why even ask it, and why even try to trade a system in at GS? Seriously. You should know better.

[quote name='Spinbrett']they dont force you? at our gamestop, they hold a gun to your head if you dont preorder something. Then they harass you to buy the used scratched copy for 17.99 when the new minty fresh one is 20.00 one time they kidnapped me and made me play E.T. on the atari for 3 straight days, now thats torture![/QUOTE]
That's nothing, I was going to buy CoD4 when they took my money and bought used Vampire Rain, Gundam Crossfire, Ninjabread man, and then they ripped up my reciept so I couldn't return them.

[quote name='Zing']Hint: no one is ripping anyone off when the entire transaction is consensual.[/QUOTE]

That's what your mom said last night, and yet I still want my 20 bucks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zing
Hint: no one is ripping anyone off when the entire transaction is consensual.
That's what your mom said last night, and yet I still want my 20 bucks back.

You bought his mom a DVD to show your love? That's precious. I think it's just darling when 12 year olds fall in love.

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']You bought his mom a DVD to show your love? That's precious. I think it's just darling when 12 year olds fall in love.[/QUOTE]
Pshh, if I gave something to a girl when I was 12 I would give her a Pikachu Pokemon card and say " I Pika Choose you!"

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Pshh, if I gave something to a girl when I was 12 I would give her a Pikachu Pokemon card and say " I Pika Choose you!"[/QUOTE]

Bet you were a hit with all the ladies. ;)

ya, you know, maybe I like it when they take advantage of me,,,I mean, who can resist 18-22 year old losers with zits and no life trying to push paper mario on me. If that doesnt get you excited, nothing will!

[quote name='Spinbrett']I asked about trade in value for my 360 elite, they said, 90 bucks. I laughed, then they said, just add the hard drive and we will give you 40 bucks more! 130 dollars! wow, they will resell it for 349.00. I told the guy thats a blatent rip off. He said, thats a good deal for a used system, and then the employee beside him started laughing, I looked back at the original guy, and said, thats what I thought. What a rip...[/QUOTE]

So sell it on eBay, Craiglist, keep it, or throw it in the trash. If you don't like their price walk-away.

I learned a bunch from gamestop! Heres what I do. I sell water in the mojavi desert to travelers. The water costs me 50 cents a bottle. I cahrge the travelers 50 dollars. I say, hey man, its consensual, you dont have to drink my water. I made 4000.00 dollars this past weekend. Lick those tears.

[quote name='Spinbrett']I learned a bunch from gamestop! Heres what I do. I sell water in the mojavi desert to travelers. The water costs me 50 cents a bottle. I cahrge the travelers 50 dollars. I say, hey man, its consensual, you dont have to drink my water. I made 4000.00 dollars this past weekend. Lick those tears.[/quote]

Uh...wow...where to begin...

1) In the desert, water is a necessity. Video games are not a necessity.

2) If people are buying water from you for $50, you're obviously the one with water. GameStop is not the only place to buy and sell video games.

3) You're not funny.

But thanks for playing, anyway... I guess...

[quote name='Spinbrett']I learned a bunch from gamestop! Heres what I do. I sell water in the mojavi desert to travelers. The water costs me 50 cents a bottle. I cahrge the travelers 50 dollars. I say, hey man, its consensual, you dont have to drink my water. I made 4000.00 dollars this past weekend. Lick those tears.[/quote]

I'm sorry, all I heard was, "Waaaaah, Gamestop gave me a price I didn't like. So, instead of finding a higher bidder, I'm making up a retarded analogy that really has little bearing at the situation at hand! WAAAAAAH!"

[quote name='Spinbrett']ya, you know, maybe I like it when they take advantage of me,,,I mean, who can resist 18-22 year old losers with zits and no life trying to push paper mario on me. If that doesnt get you excited, nothing will![/quote]

You must be quite the cool dude. And from reading your other posts you seems almost as smart as your cool. You say that employee's at Gamestop are 18-22 year old losers, the company sucks everyone knows that, but are you seriously trying to make fun of employees for doing their job?(And last time I checked I'm an eighteen year old guy who happens to be pretty cool that used to be at gamestop, and I can assure you only one of the people I used to work with happened to be a nerd) Thats like walking into mcdonalds and arguing with them because they say thank you when they give you your change.

My friend we know Gamestop sucks, stop making yourself look like an idiot by making the car comparrison. Last time I checked the Elite didn't come out in Janurary and its certianly not a month after Janurary. The comparrison of the Elite to Water was well, even more retarded.

Courtesy of Willy Wonka "GOOD DAY SIR!"

bread's done
Back