GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rdogg1026']I think Best Buy matches it and then takes 20% off the matched price?[/QUOTE]10% off the difference. See below.

[quote name='dafunkk12']If after you make a purchase you find a local competitor with a lower price, Best Buy will refund you 110% of the difference. So that means they match the $20 price plus 1/10 of the $40 difference, which is an additional $4 savings, thus net $16.

Important to note that this policy only applies if you come back after making your purchase. If you attempt to pricematch when first buying the item, they'll only *match* the price and not *beat* it w/ the additional 10% of the difference.[/QUOTE]Good point to remind people of.

Also, unless there's a print ad showing the items on-sale, then it's a bit YMMV on getting the PM to happen. Some BB's won't call to check on pricing unless there's a print ad, other ones will call to check, yet more won't care and just do the PM on the spot.

They may raise an eyebrow and think this would be for used copies, and the GS website isn't clear about those copies being used or new. Clicking on the item would show that they're new, of course.

Picked up:
:360:
Bionic Commando
Wheelman

:ps3:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY

Great timing too as I'm sitting on a lot of GS credit.

[quote name='Wombat']I bit the bullet on Bionic Commando for 20 bones, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

which version?

I have 2 choices,

Get Bionic, Wheelman, and HAWX

OR

Keep my $65 giftcard for Madden 10 like I originally planned... Such a tough decision.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Didn't know that, but am glad to hear it. :applause:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DragynFyre']anyone know how long this is gonna be going on for?[/QUOTE]

my understanding is this is just through sunday but may be exstended

The site says through Aug 3rd

[quote name='clawber']Is Sonic Unleashed worth it for 20?[/QUOTE]
From what I understand:

The 2.5D "Daytime" running levels are some of the best to come out of a Sonic game since the Dreamcast era.

The "Nighttime" Sonic-turns-Kratos levels are absolute suck.

The games split pretty evenly between the two.....I'll wait for 15 or 10 before I bite though. I bought the first next-gen Sonic for $5 at a Walmart clearance and I have never disposed of a game so quickly in my life.

But the demo for Sonic Unleashed was amazing. It not only looked good but it played surprisingly well. if that damn Werehog didn't exist the game would be great (but then probably wouldn't be $20)

Why does it list BC for the PS3 at $50 on the deals page but it's $19.99 for 360 on the same page.

EDIT: AH I see they are listing the used price. Good ol' smart Gamestop.com

More people are catching on to the "sale". I picked up the last copy of Bionic Commando (360) in Madison, WI during lunch. Didn't expect them to be OOS so fast.

Well, I'm glad I returned HAWX back to Amazon when they had that sale recently. But I ultimately returned it because I have Ace Combat games to replay and enjoy instead.

Wheelman was a fairly fun demo to play, but is it worth it for $20? Might have to bite on Deadly Creatures as well...

i had bionic commando in my hands but for some reason 20 dollars was still too much for this game with all the reviews being bad on it.

I bit on BC (PS3), Oblivion; GOTY (PS3), and Deadly Creatures (Wii) from the website a bit earlier thsi morning. I'm hoping Shrike's good advice holds true and I get factory-sealed copies. I'm not a huge fan of GS/EB, but having this deal go smoothly would go a long way in bettering my opinion.

[quote name='rdogg1026']I have 2 choices,

Get Bionic, Wheelman, and HAWX

OR

Keep my $65 giftcard for Madden 10 like I originally planned... Such a tough decision.[/QUOTE]
$60 + tax for a video game?!? One that will be obsolete in 6 months?!? Use that shite now son!

[quote name='Bojizzle']any good coupon codes to go with this (free shipping)?[/QUOTE]
Mentioned this in my online order post ...

Use code "SAVER" for Free Shipping online.

[quote name='KhrevalBruuk']I bit on BC (PS3), Oblivion; GOTY (PS3), and Deadly Creatures (Wii) from the website a bit earlier thsi morning. I'm hoping Shrike's good advice holds true and I get factory-sealed copies. I'm not a huge fan of GS/EB, but having this deal go smoothly would go a long way in bettering my opinion.[/QUOTE]Those two copies that weren't new were out of dozens of orders I placed with EB/GS for new and sealed titles. The first one, an Xbox game back in 2003, they had me send back the old one once the new one showed up. The other one, a PS3 game from 2007, they sent me a new one overnight and didn't ask me to send back the used/open copy. That one was traded into GS for credit.

I wouldn't worry about expecting unsealed/used copies, though it's happened to me twice in a number of years. And I just ordered HAWX and BC, so I'm in the same boat as everyone.

Traded in a couple of games for $7.20 worth of credit & got a SEALED copy of HAWX for $13.xx. Used the credit on my Edge card to pay for the balance. Now I do not have to wait the few weeks & spend "real" money at Target. ;)

FYI, was not too thrilled with the Demo for HAWX, but at $20.00 & the fact that a bunch of my friends have been playing it, could not refuse the deal.

[quote name='cleaver']$60 + tax for a video game?!? One that will be obsolete in 6 months?!? Use that shite now son![/QUOTE]

I bit on the 3. I play Madden all the time so it won't become obsolete to me.

Got all the titles I wanted at the local mall. They tried to give me one of the open display copies, but I convinced them to give me an unopened copy.

For those on the fence on BC. Get it, its definitely worth $20. Despite the lousy checkpoints and radiation in the game, its quite good. I asked my local GS to hold the last sealed copy for me :)

[quote name='Wombat']360, so I can unlock the classic skin from my XBLA version[/QUOTE]

kewl, i got both versions :)

Got Hawx and BC for 360, and Tomb Raider: Underworld on PS3 for a little over $60. Hawx was gutted, but only because it was the last/only copy. Disc is pristine though.

[quote name='Shimrra']Thanks OP, GS at Rockefeller Plaza NYC had a bunch of BC sealed.[/QUOTE]

Wow, more NYC board members than I knew. I was just there around 11:30am and picked up a 360 BC sealed... though after thinking about it some more, I'm thinking of going back and exchanging it for the PS3 version after reading the comparisons. :whistle2:k

[quote name='jjz203']Wow, more NYC board members than I knew.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah there are alot of us around, I ran into a couple when BB had clearance games for $10. You could tell we were CAGers cause we all hand printed out lists in our hands lol.

I just bought a second copy of B.C., I would have liked the PS3 version, but they were sold-out online; so I just ordered the 360 version for the second time. I'd highly advice picking up B.C. for this price, it's not only well-worth $20, it's also well worth full-price. It has a few issues, but it's still an amazing game.. just one no one gave a chance (I'm giving my other copy to my brother, since he's borrowing it now anyway).

um on the website it shows BC as $50 for the ps3, anybody else seeing this lol, i hope it didn';t change as i have to wait til tomorrow to grab it.

[quote name='akokonas']i had bionic commando in my hands but for some reason 20 dollars was still too much for this game with all the reviews being bad on it.[/QUOTE]

From what I've played Bionic Commando is well worth $20 and the online seems pretty neat too. I don't know what you're talking about all bad reviews the game has a 70 on metacritic. IGN also has a good video review on it which was my deciding factor.

Went ahead and got BC by my job.
Last copy at that store.

Strange that it seems to be the last copy for many folks.

Picked up a copy of Bionic Commando for 360 and PS3, one for me, one for trade. I got the last 360 copy at my gamestop and they had more PS3 (I don't know how many though).

Went to my local Gamestop to pick up de Blob, Deadly Creatures, and Line Rider 2. I forgot why I hadn't been to Gamestop in a while...

... and then I remembered. All three were gutted copies with damaged cases covered in like 50 price stickers (but it's still NEW in the eyes of Gamestop). I've got like the worst luck in the world when it comes to gutted copies.

I took it as a sign that I probably shouldn't spend any more money this month and left.

[quote name='pjb16']Got Hawx and BC for 360, and Tomb Raider: Underworld on PS3 for a little over $60. Hawx was gutted, but only because it was the last/only copy. Disc is pristine though.[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider: Underworld?!

Do they have that for the 360 as well?!

[quote name='perdition(troy']What are the differences between the regular version of PoP vs the LE[/QUOTE]

The LE comes with a bonus CD that has a soundtrack, art gallery, making of, and a snippet of a strategy guide. Also comes with a code for an unlockable skin.

[quote name='DragynFyre']um on the website it shows BC as $50 for the ps3, anybody else seeing this lol, i hope it didn';t change as i have to wait til tomorrow to grab it.[/QUOTE]

if you clicked the game, it said 50 used, 20 for new, but not available online.......

Also Prince of Persia is 20, worthy of putting on the First Post

You know what sucks, tomorrow is pay day for me. I guess no milk for kiddies just water and baby powder ;)

I doubt they'll be out of Sonic Unleashed for the PS2 tomorrow.

[quote name='jjz203']Wow, more NYC board members than I knew. I was just there around 11:30am and picked up a 360 BC sealed... though after thinking about it some more, I'm thinking of going back and exchanging it for the PS3 version after reading the comparisons. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I went to the GameStop in Manhattan mall. They only seemed to have Bionic Commando- which ain't so bad. I wanted Prince of Persia Limited Edition though... blah.

[quote name='Shimrra']You know what sucks, tomorrow is pay day for me. I guess no milk for kiddies just water and baby powder ;)

I doubt they'll be out of Sonic Unleashed for the PS2 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Unleashed is $14.99 used at BBV. So save $5, and get a free game ;)

bread's done
Back