GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, Bionic Commando(360) gets 22 cash($27.50 cash with bag or $33 credit with bag, covered in another thread)h at FYE/SamGoody. Good way to cash out some credit for the hookers and blow or getting Rock Revolution for FREE (covered in yet another thread).

[quote name='rdogg1026']I am reading in the FN thread that people are just exchanging the 3 games for Fight Night then returning it for a preorder of a game...Is that YMMV?

They also have an extra 20% promotion towards Madden promotion but that won't get me much being that these games are now $14.99 used.[/QUOTE]

Best bet is to get a gift receipt and do it. I did my second trade for FN4 today but I didn't want to try my luck since the lady working there is a manager and I didn't want to tick her off. I'll either keep it or sell it for minor profit.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Best bet is to get a gift receipt and do it. I did my second trade for FN4 today but I didn't want to try my luck since the lady working there is a manager and I didn't want to tick her off. I'll either keep it or sell it for minor profit.[/QUOTE]

Can I take that gift receipt and return Fight Night at another Gamestop? Or I can only return it at the GS it was purchased at?

Went in to Gamestop (Brooklyn Ohio) on my lunch break at noon. Picked up 360 versions of H.A.W.X. and Bionic Commando. Got the last HAWX. They had one or two Bionic Commandos left after I checked out. Also saw a few Bionic Commando's PS3 sitting on the shelf.

Picked up a nice "used" copy of Chrono Trigger for 16 bucks after Edge card. This will allow me to ebay my nice new 1st print + cd poster copy which is still sealed. Hurray for me.

^ I don't know how it works for all Best Buys, but one clerk at mine said they can match online deals as long as it's from a legitimate business, and not eBay or some shady company from overseas. So you could probably just give them the site to look up the ad on.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']I called my local stores (Parkersburg, WV) about Bionic Commando and it still scanned at $59.99 at both stores. Looks like BC remains on my "rental" list.[/QUOTE]

I did some legwork and actually went in to my local stores.

The first store had it on-shelf for $19.99 and the other store had yet to receive the price drops, but after a quick e-mail to corporate, they said they could sell it at $19.99, too. If your store doesn't have it listed at $19.99, have them confirm with their DM and it should be smooth sailing.

I just gave it a whirl and it's a little tough to get the hang of, but after some practice, I think it'll be WELL worth $20.

THANKS, OP!

So, I added Bionic Commando to my Goozex queue this morning and it got snatched up right away. Was able to walk into Gamestop, beg for a non-gutted copy, and get it in the mail right away. Easy 1000 points. As of earlier demand was higher than supply.....

This was true on both systems, I only did the 360 because there is an extent to my Greed, or need for G-points.

No shame in the game.

-part time punk-

I was able to pm and use my RZ at BB, so I purchased BC (PS3), HAWX, and Wheelman both on 360. Unfortunately they didn't have any copies of Henry Hatsworth.

[quote name='xverion']Grabbed BC and Hawx for 360 both sealed. Also saw a lot of the other games on the list plus Damnation was there for 360 for $19.99 at my local GS.[/QUOTE]
It's only $19.99 for the PC version. The others are still $39.99. I know it got poor reviews but I love steampunk so I was disappointed this wasn't on sale.

[quote name='gaypunk']So, I added Bionic Commando to my Goozex queue this morning and it got snatched up right away. Was able to walk into Gamestop, beg for a non-gutted copy, and get it in the mail right away. Easy 1000 points. As of earlier demand was higher than supply.....

This was true on both systems, I only did the 360 because there is an extent to my Greed, or need for G-points.

No shame in the game.

-part time punk-[/QUOTE]
Television Personalities fan?

Anybody know when these deals expire ? I know they are temporary price drops but is this a 1 day sale or through the weekend or ? :)

[quote name='rdogg1026']Can I take that gift receipt and return Fight Night at another Gamestop? Or I can only return it at the GS it was purchased at?[/QUOTE]

I would assume any, or else a gift receipt wouldn't be of much use.

[quote name='dallow']Television Personalities fan?[/QUOTE]
Here they come
la la la la la la

I can confirm there was a ton Of Bionic Commando 360 at the GS in Downtown Crossing Ma. 1 left for ps3. No POP.

[quote name='gaypunk']So, I added Bionic Commando to my Goozex queue this morning and it got snatched up right away. Was able to walk into Gamestop, beg for a non-gutted copy, and get it in the mail right away. Easy 1000 points. As of earlier demand was higher than supply....[/QUOTE]

Good thinking. You certainly beat the rush because it's now 27 offers and 1 request. (for 360 version at least) :)

For those wondering about the longevity, GameStop put up an ad on the front page stating that the deals are going from July 8 to August 2.

Whether these prices will last for the games in question, it seems likely. Either way, you should make your choices sooner rather than later.

picked up hawx and bionic commando (ps3) ...both copies were gutted, but that doesnt really matter to me, its not like I am going to leave them wrapped in hopes of selling them. However, these two games didnt have the gamestop sticker they put on new gutted games so they know (or don't know) if the buyer opened the games. This worries me just in case I might want to return them.

while I was there I also grabbed a PS3 Guitar hero..I don't know why, since I traded in my 360 RB2...oh well, I will probably just return it. Also picked up real triggers for the DS3 (which feel great).

And, unrelated to the deal, uncharted and mlb to send towards amazon.

I placed an order last night and today I got an email that my billing address was incorrect according to the credit card company even though it is correct and I've used it on many other sites. Anyone else having this problem?

I was told that the 360 version of B.C. trades-in for $18.50 as of today. How often do they adjust their trade-in values? If I play the crap out of the copy I got today I could trade it towards NCAA 10 and with the 30% bonus thet are offering it would be like they paid me to play the game for a couple of days.

(p.s. PS3 version of B.C. gets $17.50)

Picked up bionic commando and the force unleashed for 360. I traded in a couple crap games so only 22 bucks came out of my wallet. Not bad.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']For those wondering about the longevity, GameStop put up an ad on the front page stating that the deals are going from July 8 to August 2.

Whether these prices will last for the games in question, it seems likely. Either way, you should make your choices sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

Deal is now SD front page, with all that implies for longevity.

[quote name='gaypunk']Here they come
la la la la la la

I can confirm there was a ton Of Bionic Commando 360 at the GS in Downtown Crossing Ma. 1 left for ps3. No POP.[/QUOTE]:applause:
I'm gonna send you a FR on Live if it's cool.

Doesn't Bionic Commando have an unlockable costume if you own Bionic Commando Rearmed? If so I'd probably have to go with the PS3 copy since that's the system I own BCR for. Or is one version better than the other?

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Looks like a bunch of junk titles. Maybe worth trying to flip a few but that might be too much work for anything on this list.[/QUOTE]

All of these titles on sale are valid for the FNR4 promo.

I tried to price match at Best Buy, but they called the two nearest gamestops and then told me that they cannot price match a 'sold out' item. WTF?

I love this deal, and I love Goozex.

A few weeks back GS was running a deal where you trade in 3 games and get an extra $10. Well, I traded in 21 games, and got about $140 in credit.

Today, I went and bought Bionic Commando, Wheelman, MLB 2k9, NBA 2k9, and HAWX. I also traded in three games and got FNR4 for free. I put Wheelman and Bionic Commando on Goozex the other day when I heard about this sale. About to go mail them both now. Plus I'm 5 in line for the rest of the games. I got pretty lucky.

Sorry, but I wasn't trying to brag. Just happy with the way I made this turn out. Thanks CAG!

[quote name='morphineseason']Doesn't Bionic Commando have an unlockable costume if you own Bionic Commando Rearmed? If so I'd probably have to go with the PS3 copy since that's the system I own BCR for. Or is one version better than the other?[/QUOTE]

Bionic Commando: Rearmed on either system will grant you the 'old school' costume in either version of the game.

Picked up :360: Bionic Commando today. Can't beat $20. Would have picked up HAWX as well, but I've been buying way too many games recently. Damn you, CAG! :)

Grabbed Tomb Raider Underworld (PS3) and Bionic Commando (PS3). Both games that I wanted when they hit these prices, so it was nice to get them new, too.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I tried to price match at Best Buy, but they called the two nearest gamestops and then told me that they cannot price match a 'sold out' item. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Read BB policy:
"Sometimes a retailer will advertise a very low price for a product but have only limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. "

If GameStop told them they were sold out, they're just following their policy. Not rocket science.

[quote name='rdogg1026']All of these titles on sale are valid for the FNR4 promo.[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy 3 titles for $20/each just to trade in for a $60 game. With taxes and everything it will cost you more in the long run. You are exactly the type of customer that GS loves.

My order was still pending so I said screw it, took 9 cheap used games to the store (hurray 40% bonus) and bought 3 BC and 1 Wheelman. Canceled my order online when I got home.

I doubt Goozex will take the 2 extra BCs before dropping in value, but oh well. I'm like #30 right now in the queue. I can always return the games, trade them or give them as gifts. Seems like they had lots of extras--and on eBay they're not going for much more than $20. Not a sought after game? Strange. But I'm not a hoarder, so buying a couple extra games still feels..."wrong". I typically hate those types of "gamers".

I usually hate Gamestop unless they offer great deals like these. Sadly they're too few and far between. Even the trade in bonus meant I made out well. (I never trade in anything at GS unless there's a sweet promotion).

Anyway, I'm a happy CAGer today. Thanks!!! For a soon to be dad with a new mortgage payment, I don't have a lot of money to buy games. Deals like these keep me alive. :)

Picked up Bionic Commando for the 360 and PS3. The PS3 copy was a gutted copy, but I said screw it since the price is way too nice to say no to.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Why would you buy 3 titles for $20/each just to trade in for a $60 game. With taxes and everything it will cost you more in the long run. You are exactly the type of customer that GS loves.[/QUOTE]

He might already own 2 of the titles and is looking for a third to fill in the gap. Might be worthwhile if you could not get 40 elsewhere for the other two games.

bread's done
Back