GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Why would you buy 3 titles for $20/each just to trade in for a $60 game. With taxes and everything it will cost you more in the long run. You are exactly the type of customer that GS loves.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they wouldn't do 3. However, it's an option if you need one more to fill out your 3. I have a copy of Bioshock and SM:WoS and I'm debating whether to grab an extra one or not to complete the trio.

Could anyone help me on this? i bought Tomb Raider (ps3) on 6/21 during the B2G1. I noticed the USED price also dropped to $18.99. ( i thought this sale was only on NEW games..?) Now i know im passed the 7 days, but on the receipt it also says can be exchanged for identical item within 30. Cant i just return it for another copy and get the difference?

Got the last PS3 copy of Bionic Commando. The guy at the counter was nice enough to at least check for a sealed copy when I asked, but since it was the last copy there weren't any. The only reason I mention this is because half the time when I ask, I get a very rude, "NO! We only have what's out on display!" when I know damn well that they keep certain titles sealed in a drawer behind the counter.

Picked up Prince of Persia for PS3 today. Whatever you've heard about the bad things of it are bunk. The whole "you can't die" thing is nothing-- you still get teleported back to the last safe ground you faced before you screwed up. Fans of PoP Sands of Time will really enjoy this one--the pillar leaping, wall-riding acrobatics are back, and the combo system during combat is pretty flippin' cool. The dialogue between the main characters is funny and bantering (if only in American accents, which is slightly off-putting), and the environments look amazing.It's $20 well-spent--I just sat down and played for the past 5 hours straight after picking it up, and I'm nowhere near done yet.

As for the condition of my copy, it was gutted, but in pristine condition--nothing had been touched inside. It was as new as the day it was minted.

My only question to all of you is--is SW:TFU worth it? I know it had been reported severely buggy in later levels, but I loved playing the demo. Is there any replay value in it, and what's the average game time?

hmmm, so i got denied the price match at Best Buy for BC.
Went online to order it along with RE: Umbrella.

Got to checkout and saw a $25 gift card available. And i definitely spent that in store like 4 months ago. Free money!

Ordered BC and Hawx. Been waiting a while for Hawx at that price and even though BC didn't get great reviews, I still wanted to own it at around $20. Probably will finish them in a couple of weeks and then ebay them.

I still have a $10 coupon from the Game Day sale. I might pick up PoP to support my favorite game of '08... (I borrowed it from a friend the last time)

[quote name='buster90']I just picked up BC. Hawx IMO isn't worth $20.[/QUOTE]
It is if you have the AC6 flight stick.

Heck, I would say it is even if you don't.

SW:TFU and BC are not games I kept for any period of time.

Still, I would say SW has a great deal more replay value than BC. SW has more enjoyable combat than BC easily. Both are still more rentals than anything, but by the end of BC, I couldn't wait to get it out of my Xbox. SW, I just was disappointed that I was dumb enough to preorder it.

I am getting Bionic Commando, Leisure Suit Larry, Prince Of Persia, and Oblivion GOTY.

and how are you price matching? I'd love to PM this at Wal-Mart.
( is there a ad out? )

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mako1215']I am getting Bionic Commando, Leisure Suit Larry, Prince Of Persia, and Oblivion GOTY.

and how are you price matching? I'd love to PM this at Wal-Mart.
( is there a ad out? )[/QUOTE]

Leisure Suit is $12.99 shipped on Newegg.

Picked up BC (360) today. Still on the fence on Wheelman. If the price holds another week or so, then I might pick it up. Thanks OP!

Wow. Is Gamestop actually having a good sale?! Holy shit, this is a first. Too bad I don't have any damn money. Looks like I can only really afford to grab one or two games...

is it store policy for them to ask you if you want something used? youd think common sense would tell them not to bother when the game only costs 19.99.

[quote name='shrike4242']How can it be a dead deal if it's going until the end of the month? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

if its only for the month then does that mean the price will go back to normal ? and if so would that mean the value for trade in will go back up too ?

Snagged myself a factory sealed copy of Bionic Commando and the last gutted copy of HAWX for the 360 at a Gamestop in Brookfield, WI. No luck on Deadly Creatures so I'll probably pick that up at a local Best Buy soon. Thanks for the information on this sale.

Picked up BC and resident evil umbrella , anyone know if that game has a point at the center of the screen option for RE:UC ??

So far, I really like BC. The controls are a little wonky, but its pretty damn fun all around...for those on the fence, I would say $20 is a good deal.

Alright, I think I'm going to snag De Blob and Mirror's Edge. I've wanted them both for some time, but never enough to pay full price. I'm surfing through other websites to find retail prices and reviews for some of the other games I'm unsure about. I was considering Bionic Commando, but I watched IGN's video review and I thought it looked kinda bland...

Question about Prince of Persia LE: is there any special item in the LE box? I tried to buy one today at GS and all that was in it was a copy of Prince of Persia that looked exactly like the regular edition.

Thanks got my hands on a BC and PoP for PS3.
The PoP was the LE version but all I got was a bonus content disc in a white slip. Is that correct? I am afraid that when they gutted the LE version of the game, the LE stuff got lost or taken and any artbook or whatever else listed on the back was not included. But it does say "digital". So maybe its all on the extra disc?

oh and theres a sticker for a bonus classic Prince character on the packaging. whee.

Damn, I didn't realize that the list in the OP wasn't complete. I surfed around the site a bit looking for DS deals. Found a few good ones, most notably TWEWY. Still looking...

[quote name='Arakias']Thanks got my hands on a BC and PoP for PS3.
The PoP was the LE version but all I got was a bonus content disc in a white slip. Is that correct? I am afraid that when they gutted the LE version of the game, the LE stuff got lost or taken and any artbook or whatever else listed on the back was not included. But it does say "digital". So maybe its all on the extra disc?

oh and theres a sticker for a bonus classic Prince character on the packaging. whee.[/QUOTE]

All of the LE stuff is on that disc if i remember correctly.

Looking to pick up TWO games.

Elders Scrolls (PS3) and either Prince of Persia of Sonic Unleased (both PS3).

Any suggestions?

[quote name='mis0']Looking to pick up TWO games.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Yeah - not Sonic

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Why would you buy 3 titles for $20/each just to trade in for a $60 game. With taxes and everything it will cost you more in the long run. You are exactly the type of customer that GS loves.[/QUOTE]

And actually..... taxes on 60 spread across 3 items... is the same as tax spread across one item... and if you really want to be technical... 3x games at 19.99. That would be 59.97, which is less than a 59.99 copy of FNR4.... making it still cost less in the long run.

Really, though. That is the type of customer that Gamestop would really dislike if those are three titles that they could have moved if it's new... because then they not only lose the 5$ price difference between new/used, but they also lose the discount saved with edge cards and coupons... ultimately costing them money and if you really want to be a jerk about it... trade them in disc-only, ensuring that they most likely will not be bought.

I don't know why you'd jump all over his case for making an observation... since there's a much easier way of pointing out that his strategy was not the best to maximize the FNR4 deal. You could have easily said "hey, you could just get 2 games for 15 at Blockbuster that qualify making FNR4 barely cost 30 dollars"

[quote name='mis0']Looking to pick up TWO games.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='cleaver']Yeah - not Sonic[/QUOTE]

Yeeaaaaah.......not Sonic...

[quote name='lokizz']is it store policy for them to ask you if you want something used? youd think common sense would tell them not to bother when the game only costs 19.99.[/QUOTE]

They did this when I went this morning... they had no idea the used prices didn't drop too.

[quote name='wwe101']someone from canada send me that LE mgs..ill pay $25 for it.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Cost + tax AND shipping. How generous of you.

For those who want to do a GameCrazy flip .. the only game that is worth trading is BC for 27.50 if you have the MVP card or 25.00 without the card.

[quote name='confoosious']Wow. Cost + tax AND shipping. How generous of you.[/QUOTE]

only cost $9.89 for the game.

picked up bionic commando (360) and wheelman (360) this morning. i would have got prince of persia as well, but they only had open box copies.

[quote name='lokizz']is it store policy for them to ask you if you want something used? youd think common sense would tell them not to bother when the game only costs 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Their profit margin is higher on used. That's why theses video game-only stores always hard sell you on used games, preorders, game guard, game guides and all that.

bread's done
Back