GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='[B']lokizz[/B];6051381]is it store policy for them to ask you if you want something used? youd think common sense would tell them not to bother when the game only costs 19.99.[/QUOTE]

Their profit margin is higher on used.

So, I went to play my copy of BC before I send it away and I must say.... I was expecting a lot more, but it's definitely not a dreadful game. I think the game would benefit from both a mouse and keyboard.... and i'd definitely enjoy a first person view for shooting... or I'd settle for a reticle that was a bit more.... accurate... but the game has a bit of charm. I also like it much better than the BC Rearmed remake.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Looks like Dark Athena is on sale too, though it's $40, not $20. Damn, I definitely would've picked that up...[/QUOTE]

That is just a long overdue price drop, since the used price also dropped too. It won't be going back up.

Any game where the used price ends up dropping along with the new price is business as usual and not on sale, it just so happened GS dropped a lot of things at the same time as the sale.

[quote name='Roufuss']That is just a long overdue price drop, since the used price also dropped too. It won't be going back up.

Any game where the used price ends up dropping along with the new price is business as usual and not on sale, it just so happened GS dropped a lot of things at the same time as the sale.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see.

Well, I didn't check the used price, but Dead Space has been cut by $10 as well. *Edit* Used dropped too.

[quote name='dyeknom']So, I went to play my copy of BC before I send it away and I must say.... I was expecting a lot more, but it's definitely not a dreadful game. I think the game would benefit from both a mouse and keyboard.... and i'd definitely enjoy a first person view for shooting... or I'd settle for a reticle that was a bit more.... accurate... but the game has a bit of charm. I also like it much better than the BC Rearmed remake.[/QUOTE]

Its slow to begin with so if you are making an impression off the first few levels I would say you are missing out on a lot especially since you don't get most of the abilities you learned in the tutorial until near the end of Act 1.

Just ordered Wheelman (360) online from them since my local store only had used copies. Been wanting this one for a while, and this was the price point I was waiting for. Thanks for the info. :)

I picked up BC again. I got it at the last B2G1 and beat it pretty quick, then put it on Goozex until it got cheaper. Pretty good game in my opinion, well worth $20.

Does anyone know if Tomb Raider: Underworld dropped to $19.99 in store on the 360?

Website has the PS2 / PS3 versions going to $20, but the 360 one is still $40, which is beyond weird... I'd pick it up for the PS3, but the gf prefers multiplatform stuff on the 360 and I'd like to have the option of the DLC (since I believe the PS3 version lacks it).

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know if Tomb Raider: Underworld dropped to $19.99 in store on the 360?

Website has the PS2 / PS3 versions going to $20, but the 360 one is still $40, which is beyond weird... I'd pick it up for the PS3, but the gf prefers multiplatform stuff on the 360 and I'd like to have the option of the DLC (since I believe the PS3 version lacks it).[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing. I would really love Underworld at $20 for the 360.

[quote name='chelosera91']I'm waiting until next week for the Buy 2 get 1 free on used. PoP, BC, and something else here I come![/QUOTE]

Except the used prices aren't dropping.

i drove to a sf bay area GS during my lunch hour. i picked up :ps3: BC and :ps3: sonic unleashed, which were new, shrink-wrapped copies. this GS had already gutted the :360: games posted as being on sale.

on a side note, i saw a teenager with dad in tow trading in ps2 and games for an xbox 360. he even traded in games for $1 credit. his dad was getting annoyed that GS was gypping them. he wouldn't let his son trade in 2 wired ps2 guitars for a buck each. the dad was trying to sell them to incoming GS customers for $2 each-haha.

thanks to the OP for posting these awesome GS deals:)

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am wondering the same thing. I would really love Underworld at $20 for the 360.[/QUOTE]
I had said earlier, it is not on sale on 360.

[quote name='evilive72']Grabbed the GHWT full kit for $90 and BC for $20. I think I still have like $100 in credit there...lol.[/QUOTE]

muahahhaah yur so funny..ROFFFFL!!!!!!

[quote name='smarkbran']Picked up Bionic Command and Sonic Unleashed today, anyone pick up Wheelman? If so is it worth 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

It looks like it will be fun to play THIS WEEKEND ONLY. I will probably trade this back in to Gamestop for the Fight Night Round 4 promotion.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am wondering the same thing. I would really love Underworld at $20 for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I was about to say it did, but that was actually an expansion. Underworld was $40.

[quote name='camelking6969']used prices have dropped. i looked at 3 games and prices have dropped on them[/QUOTE]

They've dropped on many of the games. But not Hawx, Bionic Commando, Wheelman and maybe a few others.

[quote name='Ketsui']muahahhaah yur so funny..ROFFFFL!!!!!![/QUOTE]

It's definitely funny that someone would trade so many games to get that level of credit instead of doubling it by putting your trade-ins on Ebay. You make more money, and the buyer would get the game cheaper than going to GS. People are dumb, lazy or both.

I feel stupid I didn't look on goozex. BC is worth 1000. Gah and my GS is all out.

I really want my ps3 version, but I offered the trade. If I get one I guess I can try and beat it in a few days.

[quote name='rdogg1026']It looks like it will be fun to play THIS WEEKEND ONLY. I will probably trade this back in to Gamestop for the Fight Night Round 4 promotion.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...I might bite on this if the used price drops to 18.99 or 17.99 soon for the B2G1 sale..Im a sucker for "under par" sandbox games =]

[quote name='rerun']It's definitely funny that someone would trade so many games to get that level of credit instead of doubling it by putting your trade-ins on Ebay. You make more money, and the buyer would get the game cheaper than going to GS. People are dumb, lazy or both.[/QUOTE]

Normally, yes, trading into GS is stupid, but the current promotion going on now bumps the values up to very competitive levels on plenty of games so I'm not surprised he has that amount of credit.

Hell, on average, with the trade 6 get an extra 40% (50% with edge) I made more on the games I traded in then I would have on Ebay without having to deal with fees, packing, shipping, and pain in the ass buyers. Gamestop took in my disc only, scratched GTA 4 for $21 in credit.. I'm sure as hell not getting anywhere near $21 for that on Ebay. They also gave me $23.25 for GTA Chinatown Wars, which is on the higher end of what it sells for on Ebay but without the fees and the other BS.

Another example is, after the trade in deal, I got $9 for Fight Night Round 3 for 360, roughly the same is if I sold it on Ebay (if I got lucky and was able to sell it for $9 even, but even then, I'm looking at fees after the sale).

Picked up a gutted BC for PS3 today. I usually get 360 versions of multiplatform games, but I've been building up my PS3 collection lately. Comparisons seem to give a slight edge to the PS3 version (while I was out, I also picked up a used Dead Space (PS3) from GameCrazy - the comparisons that I've read also give that a slight edge). I didn't mind it being gutted, and didn't have time to check another location. I know I could have gotten a non-gutted if I tried, or I could have ordered it online to be certain (although it is OOS online now). I probably won't play it until I finish Prototype, though, which is a lot more fun than I expected it to be (and I am sure glad I chose to get that as one of my $54.99 b2g1 a few weeks ago instead of BC).

Do you guys think the games that DID have their used game prices go down will not be temporary drops? Also, what IYO is the best used game for $5-6 to get free shipping?

[quote name='J7.']Do you guys think the games that DID have their used game prices go down will not be temporary drops? Also, what IYO is the best used game for $5-6 to get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

The games where the used prices go down are permanent price drops that just so happened to fall on the same day as this sale, for whatever reason. Henry Hatsworth, for example, is never going back up in price.

[quote name='J7.']Do you guys think the games that DID have their used game prices go down will not be temporary drops? Also, what IYO is the best used game for $5-6 to get free shipping?[/QUOTE]

I think those will stay that price since the used also went down, who knows though.

For $10 - edge+cag16 Condemned isnt a bad choice. I never played the sequel but loved the first one.

Actually picked up new, not gutted versions of Hawx and Bionic Commando for 360 from the Vidalia, GA gamestop. Had the other games too.

posted by Rerun

It's definitely funny that someone would trade so many games to get that level of credit instead of doubling it by putting your trade-ins on Ebay. You make more money, and the buyer would get the game cheaper than going to GS. People are dumb, lazy or both.

Man, as roufuss stated...I had more written, but it was already said by roufuss...well said, well said :applause:

Picked up HAWX and The Force Unleashed for 360 along with Chrono Trigger. Just ordered online to save driving around since it's the same price once you figure in the free shipping.

Sorely tempted by Bionic Commando and Prince of Persia for 360 and Valkyrie Profile for DS.

Is LEGO Batman for 360 part of this sale, or has it dropped to $19.99 permanently?

Successfully picked up a copy of BC for the $360 and used it to get my $48 back from Best Buy.

Didn't look around very much but I might return later in the week to grab Chrono Trigger and The Munchables at $20 a piece.

I almost grabbed CT as part of Best Buy's B2G1 sale this week, though I'm glad I didn't.

Speaking of, I've yet to take advantage of that offer as well but I'll be doing that Friday on the way home from work.

They tried to sell me gutted game, so I said no thanks, went next door to Best Buy and pricematched Bionic Commando and Oblivion (BB didn't have Leisure Suit Larry)

I have a question. I want to get Star Wars: The Force Unleashed at $19.99 but the local gamestop only has opened "new" copies and I'm not buying a "new" game that is opened. Will Walmart or Bestbuy match the price even though there is no official price? Will a printout of the webpage suffice?

whats with all the hate on the guy with 100 credit left at gamestop? hes just happy he got a good deal and still has money left over for other stuff same as everyone else.

[quote name='Anticrawl']I have a question. I want to get Star Wars: The Force Unleashed at $19.99 but the local gamestop only has opened "new" copies and I'm not buying a "new" game that is opened. Will Walmart or Bestbuy match the price even though there is no official price? Will a printout of the webpage suffice?[/QUOTE]

yeh i want to know this too

[quote name='Anticrawl']I have a question. I want to get Star Wars: The Force Unleashed at $19.99 but the local gamestop only has opened "new" copies and I'm not buying a "new" game that is opened. Will Walmart or Bestbuy match the price even though there is no official price? Will a printout of the webpage suffice?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panda911']yeh i want to know this too[/QUOTE]

By the way if anyone knows it will work at Best Buy the price match policy allows for stacking one coupon. The second page of this coupon sheet http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/1/BRZ117_JulyESE_CPNs.pdf has a 10% off game coupon so you can price match the game at 19.99 and negate any tax associated with the sale in store.

A printout of the website showing the price will work at BB. Not sure about Wally World though.

[quote name='SEH']A printout of the website showing the price will work at BB. Not sure about Wally World though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I figured it would work at Best Buy after reviewing their policy but Walmart doesn't have their policy posted online, just a vague outline on their walmartstores.com webpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back