GameStop Sale 7/8: Bionic Commando/HAWX/Wheelman $20 - GHWT Band $90 & more

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Link to main sale page

$20 and under games
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits $89.99/$79.99

In addition to the guitar hero promotion gamestop is having huge price drops on NEW games down to 19.99, some that are currently 59.99. The list is to exstensive to list but should be on gamestops main page in the morning. If it is not I will painstaicingly try to list them all here.

-------------------------------------

CheapyD Edit:

Here is what we know:

Bionic Commando
(PS3/360) $19.99
Wheelman (PS3/360) $19.99
HAWX (PS3/360) $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS3/360/Wii) $89.99
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (PS2) $79.99

Some other recent price drops from the website. They may be part of this sale. Thanks, cwalker3!
PS3
Wii

This is a temporary sale. Used game prices will not drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rdogg1026']I got a wild one for you now.

Say I traded all 3 games I bought for $19.99 (HAWX, Bionic, and Wheelman) for Fight Night Round 4 (The promotion) and I get a gift receipt for it, Then go to another Gamestop and return FNR4. Can I get cash back that way?[/QUOTE]

Do you shop at b&m stores often? A gift receipt = instant gift credit back. This was also dragged to death during the TRU B2G1F sale threads with people trying to scam TRU and get "free money" back to various combinations of tricks. Bottom line, you pay with cash and show a receipt = only way you get cash back.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Quick question - I want to return Bionic Commando, and Wheelman (Sealed) but I paid with a giftcard. There is no way I can get cash back right? It can only be put back on a gift card?[/QUOTE]
That's correct. You'll get the value back on a gift card.

[quote name='hobbie8046']They only do store credit for gift receipts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='jjz203']Do you shop at b&m stores often? A gift receipt = instant gift credit back. This was also dragged to death during the TRU B2G1F sale threads with people trying to scam TRU and get "free money" back to various combinations of tricks. Bottom line, you pay with cash and show a receipt = only way you get cash back.[/QUOTE]

I rarely shop at B&M stores and if I do I usually don't have a Gift Card to use. Thanks for explaining it though.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']That's correct. You'll get the value back on a gift card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

looks like bionic commando on the 360 is backordered on their websites X___X

I'm gonna try hitting the local GameStop near me very soon but I'm hoping it's not cleared out since a CAG from my state earlier posted he bought 3 copies of BC .

[quote name='Cmoore58']Is Bionic Commando or HAWX worth 20? I would really like HAWX if its more arcadey ie crimson skies.[/QUOTE]

HAWX is very similar to Ace Combat

[quote name='Cmoore58']Is Bionic Commando or HAWX worth 20? I would really like HAWX if its more arcadey ie crimson skies.[/QUOTE]

Is there a Crimson Skies type game for the 360?

Saw more than a handful of BC for 360 brand new sealed still at the Rockefeller GS in NYC just 2 hours ago. Only 1 gutted BC for PS3 though. Didn't check on the other games.

i'm not a big fan of gutted games and think its a bad concept of gamestop to sell their products like that but i don't see why people are passing on a game if it has everything a new one comes with minus the cellophane wrap. i've bought a few gutted ones and they are good.

I ordered Bionic Commando for the 360 online yesterday and it shipped out today. So I went online to check the tracking/delivery confirmation #s and I noticed and item was added to my list...

PREMIUM, BIONIC COMMANDO PATCH
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A

BIONIC COMMANDO - Xbox 360
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$19.99
clear.gif
Shipped
clear.gif

(1)
clear.gif

So what is it that they added?

Thanks OP. Picked up Hawx and Bionic Commando for the 360 in Mayfield OH. BC was the last one and gutted, but I don't care. It was in perfect shape.

[quote name='TomoyoN']I ordered Bionic Commando for the 360 online yesterday and it shipped out today. So I went online to check the tracking/delivery confirmation #s and I noticed and item was added to my list...

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$19.99
clear.gif
Shipped
clear.gif

(1)
clear.gif

So what is it that they added?[/QUOTE]

Patches were a preorder bonus.

[quote name='gxer2002']i'm not a big fan of gutted games and think its a bad concept of gamestop to sell their products like that but i don't see why people are passing on a game if it has everything a new one comes with minus the cellophane wrap. i've bought a few gutted ones and they are good.[/QUOTE]

I have seen some "new" games with scratches because of gutting them, and employees improper handling of the disc. obviously do not buy that copy, but it just drives me nuts that they can call it new when it clearly has been opened.

I think about it this way, buy a game from GS walk outside, open it, then try to return it as new, they will tell you that the game is used, even though all you did was gut it like they do.

to each their own, but i usually will not buy them, the last exception was valkyra chronicles

[quote name='TomoyoN']I ordered Bionic Commando for the 360 online yesterday and it shipped out today. So I went online to check the tracking/delivery confirmation #s and I noticed and item was added to my list...

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$0.00
clear.gif
Backordered
clear.gif
N/A

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
$19.99
clear.gif
Shipped
clear.gif

(1)
clear.gif

So what is it that they added?[/QUOTE]

Apparently BC came with some patches at gamestop. One is the new BC logo and one is the vintage logo. Mine came taped on to the plastic, so it's kind of funny you'll be getting those last.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep Bionic Commando and Hawx (PS3) so I played the demo for Hawx today....for 90 minutes. I am pretty sure I will be keeping Hawx. Unsure about Bionic Commando.

[quote name='ctrek3']I have seen some "new" games with scratches because of gutting them, and employees improper handling of the disc. obviously do not buy that copy, but it just drives me nuts that they can call it new when it clearly has been opened.

I think about it this way, buy a game from GS walk outside, open it, then try to return it as new, they will tell you that the game is used, even though all you did was gut it like they do.

to each their own, but i usually will not buy them, the last exception was valkyra chronicles[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I think they should be required to sell gutted games as used. It's only fair.

How do you know you're buying new unless its sealed.I've bought new games that were gutted from GS and they looked oddly used with scratches and marks all over them.I have no doubt that I have bought new from GS that were used and I bet many of you have too.

Even if the employees didn't "borrow" them, their arguement that they need to have display boxes out is ludicrous. What's stopping GS from getting a game that was traded into them in mint condition and then selling it new? Absolutely nothing under their current policy. They could just act as if it was a gutted game.

Was able to picked up: BC, HAWX, Dead Space (gamecrazy), all sealed. Thanks OP.

BTW I played BC for about 30 mins, and it kinda blows. Nothing really wows me in those 30 mins. On the other hands I'm pretty sure I will enjoy HAWX and Dead Space a lot more than BC.

Back when these stores allowed you to return opened games, wouldn't they just shrinkwrap it back up and sell it as new again? You could always tell which ones they were because they were sealed yet had no security sticker.

[quote name='gxer2002']i'm not a big fan of gutted games and think its a bad concept of gamestop to sell their products like that but i don't see why people are passing on a game if it has everything a new one comes with minus the cellophane wrap. i've bought a few gutted ones and they are good.[/QUOTE]

I had my wife go out and pick up a few of these games yesterday. Before she left I called her and told her to p/u Deadly Creatures and only had a gutted copy. I don't know the condition of the game itself but the plastic from the case was torn and banged up. It also had a bunch of stickers on it! So that's a big deal for me!!! I went and returned it and p/u a new one at BB across the street.

Anyone have any opinions of Hawx PS3 versus 360? The few comparisons I found said the 360 version had better graphics (but otherwise the games were mostly identical), but at Gamestop yesterday the guy swore up and down he played both versions and the PS3 version was way, way better, despite the mandatory install...

Of course I take what Gamestop clerks say with a grain of salt (especially as this is the store that swore up and down that Edge card discounts don't stack with coupons, and even after it did tried to insist they were right) and bought the 360 version but figured I'd ask.

I hate mandatory installs with a passion, but I do prefer to buy PS3 games unless it's a hugely inferior version.. anyone have any personal experience?

[quote name='ctrek3']gs at the oxford valley mall only had gutted copies of BC. passed[/QUOTE]

Damn I was just going to hit up that mall tonight too.

A good rule when buying gutted games from GS is to ask them to show you the disc before they put them in the case and seal it with their clear sticker. That's what I do when all they have is a gutted game. stickers on a case can be removed with goo-gone not too horrible but i do agree with indiana jones. plus why can't they just use like a demo case they have and keep all new games shrink wrapped. Just don't get it, especially if you want to buy a game as a gift for someone, i think it looks bad gift it like its been used or something.

[quote name='KMunley']Damn I was just going to hit up that mall tonight too.[/QUOTE]

well just so you know, i also called fairless hills, and bristol commerce, and both only had gutted copies. i did not try neshaminy though. i think i will just go to best buy and have them pricematch.

Wasn't a big fan of the HAWX demo, I think I'm going to wait for BC and wheelman to drop to those awesome $10 deals.

[quote name='hoofrog']Patches were a preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mr_bungle']Apparently BC came with some patches at gamestop. One is the new BC logo and one is the vintage logo. Mine came taped on to the plastic, so it's kind of funny you'll be getting those last.[/QUOTE]

Lol so they gonna send me a totally different package just for a patch I'll probably just throw away when it gets here...

i went to a local gs in cincy and was about ready to bite on wheelman and bc, when i saw used copies of wolverine origins, prototype, re5: le, AND red faction guerilla and i remembered why i'm gonna save for the b2g1 next week. but dammit i really considered wheelman and bc. didn't have hawx.

And my BC order has been backordered. fuck.

EDIT: I've heard horror stories of backordered games from Gamestop's website. Are any of them true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Deadly Creatues used for about $12.54 and Game Party 2 for around $9 ish, hopefully the Skee Ball game on there is solid. Hated how Carnival Games always froze up on me.

If this thread omitted people crying about gutted copies, it would probably be only 15 pages.

I picked up Prince of Persia and BC for the 360 yesterday. Had to go to two different stores as the first one only had PoP gutted. Not paying for new if I can't return it as new. F that.

Liked the Hawx demo, but saw the game got panned, so I may wait and grab it on ebay, or not at all. Or maybe I should just get Ace Combat 6.

[quote name='Xenius']I picked up Prince of Persia and BC for the 360 yesterday. Had to go to two different stores as the first one only had PoP gutted. Not paying for new if I can't return it as new. F that.[/QUOTE]

If you keep the round sticker on it and don't open it, you should be able to return it "new". I did it. Swapped out a gutted copy for a new sealed copy a 1/2 hour ago.

I picked up BC for 360 yesterday (new, shrink-wrapped) and just went back today for GHWT (PS3) and deBlob (Wii). deBlob was gutted, and for some reason, I still bought it. :wall:

I dont really care if they are gutted. As long as they arent scratched. which is why blu ray is so awsome. it doesen't matter if the disk is old or new. the chances of finding a mint are always high!

Grabbed BC today - still new but it was the last copy in the store. I'll probably fire it up here in a bit and try to plow through it and throw it on Goozex or trade it back to GS this weekend.

Picked up de Blob and Mirror's Edge. Unfortunately I had to get Mirror's Edge used, but with my store credit and discounts, my total came to about $5 bucks.

Apparently GameStop knows my love for Bionic Commando, and has decided to include the pre-order item with my order. However, that pre-order item is backordered, whilst everything else has already shipped from my order.

Oh well, nice little unexpected bonus.

[quote name='haywire69']How do you know you're buying new unless its sealed.I've bought new games that were gutted from GS and they looked oddly used with scratches and marks all over them.I have no doubt that I have bought new from GS that were used and I bet many of you have too.[/QUOTE]

The final insult IMO is when they put that clear plastic seal on the case before they hand you the game. Seems a bit ironic.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I got Bionic Commando and while the fanboy inside me hates to say it, it sucks.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have hated the game so much if it just minced no words and sucked from the start.

I HATED Bionic Commando because it was just completely uninspired and average. It never got good, but it was just "not bad" enough to make you want to keep playing it expecting it to get good. And it just stays cooped up in the same shitty, uninspired levels from start to HORRIBLE finish.

I hated the game several orders of magnitude more because it never once made me hate it enough to stop playing it. It was a monumental waste of time that just managed to be just good enough for you to waste MORE time on it. Utterly rage-inducing.

Comparing this to Wanted: Weapons of Fate, I've really come to the conclusion that Grin just doesn't make good games, but they don't make awful ones. What was Bionic Commando Rearmed? A fresh coat of paint applied to a solid NES game with a bit borrowed from the GBC game nobody played. It was only as good as the NES BC, flashed forward with good graphics and modern gameplay design principles. If you accidentally tried to play those awful challenge rooms all the way through, you could see how little Grin actually knew what they were doing.

They're hacks. They should for the rest of their days just be go-to guys for "direct to rental" quality movie games and not much else.

[quote name='bob330i']If you keep the round sticker on it and don't open it, you should be able to return it "new". I did it. Swapped out a gutted copy for a new sealed copy a 1/2 hour ago.[/QUOTE]

as long as the plastic sticker seal they place on the game is still there they'll let you return it as new. If its opened then its exchange for the same title only. If they don't place a seal when you buy it ask them to or pop the question if i want to return it can i, because if you try to return it later and explain to them they did not place one then they most likely will give you trouble.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Picked up de Blob and Mirror's Edge. Unfortunately I had to get Mirror's Edge used, but with my store credit and discounts, my total came to about $5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

best buy is selling mirrors edge new for 19.99 FYI that's if you wanted a sealed one.

Bought Bionic Commando, Hawx, and Wheelman. All were nice shrink wrapped copies! No gutting at that store.

bread's done
Back