Gamestop SALE Starts 6/13 OR 6/20 B2G1 FREE USED ALL FORMATS - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfactor4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello all you Gamestop flipping CAGS out there, hope you're saving up all your flipping credit off the bonus $10 trade in credit offer for the upcoming B2G1 FREE ALL USED game sale at Gamestop Storewide and Nationwide for ALL SYSTEMS/ALL FORMATS !

My source says it starts either this Friday 6/13 or the next Friday 6/20 and is for all formats (GBA,DS,PSP,Wii,360,GC,XBOX, PS2, PS3 etc) storewide !

They only do this once a year so I know how I am going to be spending all my Target/Kmart clearance "flipping" money* ! :D ( * other than getting a heavily discounted and subsidized copy of MGS of course)

Just wanted to set the record straight since a couple other threads have rumors about this sale coming up and some people even have talked about a coupon in the marketing book, which such a coupon I am told does not exist since this will be a storewide and nationwide sale with no coupon needed.

I should know which weekend FOR SURE in the next day or so.

I will update the thread title/OP when I know 100% what day it starts.

It will run for 1 week.

In the meantime, make as much money as possible on the $10 bonus trade flips ! hahahaha.... :lol:

Xfactor

P.S. FYI, Most stores have already got their marketing promo kits and signs on this sale and are ready to go !

P.P.S. This has not been confirmed yet, so until signage up in the store, the date isn't confirmed - shrike4242

I definitely wish they would do a B1G1 with GameCube games or something. There are a few around here I want to pick up, but they are still $34.99 and that just sucks for one GameCube game.

Back on topic, I've also never heard of GameStop employees keeping a B2G1 a secret. My local one, as soon as they know the date of one they tell me and any other customers. I have seen them be told by managers to not hype it up too much until a day or two before because they don't want to lose sales in the time between then and the sale start date.

The OP claims this B2G1 on all games only happens once a year, yet it just happened not that long ago. Last month or the month before. Can't recall exactly. Not that I mind. Actually, I'm probably going to skip it this time as I spent too much last time, but I might pick up a PS2 game or two at 35% off (with coupon + Edge) before Friday, though.

This would be great and in a little over an hour I will call my local store that im good with and ask about it and if they confirm I will let you guys know when it starts to get rid of all the doubt threads.... I just love how the OP stated "These are only once a year"........... Since when?

Well anyways thanks for the heads up OP

Fixed the OP to make sure people know this isn't confirmed yet. When a reliable source posts about it, that has posted correct and confirmed information previously like allout1986 or tenzor, then it'll be confirmed.

anyone know if naruto:rise of ninja or viking(used) price will go back up after the 50% sale? they recently drop from 34 to 26. coz I wanna wait to get them with the b2g1 with other 26 dollar used game

[quote name='crunchewy']The OP claims this B2G1 on all games only happens once a year, yet it just happened not that long ago. Last month or the month before. Can't recall exactly. Not that I mind. Actually, I'm probably going to skip it this time as I spent too much last time, but I might pick up a PS2 game or two at 35% off (with coupon + Edge) before Friday, though.[/quote]

That's what I thought...I thought we just had a B2G1 about a month and a half ago... the difference I think is that one was a weekly coupon and this time, they are putting signs out for the public...

[quote name='Darkslayerz']anyone know if naruto:rise of ninja or viking(used) price will go back up after the 50% sale? they recently drop from 34 to 26. coz I wanna wait to get them with the b2g1 with other 26 dollar used game[/quote]

What you see from the GameDaySales is separate from pricing from Gamestop. What you see during the GDS, you want to take advantage of that now or keep up to date on CAG for other stores who may have lowered their prices on those games.

[quote name='jp0213']I definitely wish they would do a B1G1 with GameCube games or something. There are a few around here I want to pick up, but they are still $34.99 and that just sucks for one GameCube game.[/quote]

You're not the only one! I still want the GameCube RE2 and RE3, Pikmin 2 and a few Mario-related sports games.

[quote name='kndy']That's what I thought...I thought we just had a B2G1 about a month and a half ago... the difference I think is that one was a weekly coupon and this time, they are putting signs out for the public...[/quote]

I didn't need a coupon on the one at the end of April/first of May. I'm too lazy to go look up the old thread. It was just a last minute decision to clearout stock for the quarter and because of all the trade-ins they got for GTA IV if I remember correctly.

[quote name='kndy']You're not the only one! I still want the GameCube RE2 and RE3, Pikmin 2 and a few Mario-related sports games.[/quote]

My 2 stores close to me have complete copies

1st Store:
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Disc
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Master Quest
Mario Strikers

2nd Store:
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Mario Power Tennis

[quote name='Xfactor4']Well someone is lying then, either you or him but he says there is no such thing as the McDonalds employee B2G1 free offer. :^o

Also, if you are truly a Gamestop Manager, you should know that corporate marketing updates/memos come on Thursday for that upcoming weekends promotions right ?! :D Do you deny this ?

I'll trust my source, thank you very much. After all, they clued me in to the extra $10 bonus trade in credit well before anyone else here knew about it or even posted about it, including you ! :roll:

Holding out on all us CAGS now aren't you bigshot ??

Xfactor

P.S. I am going to have to ask them now about that second to last page of the marketing book ??? ;) Mcdonalds employee Gold Card huh ? hahaha... Hard to believe...[/quote]

The only 2 consistant corporate "memos" that come through on Thursday about upcoming promotions re the Store Informer (which comes every day, not just on Thursday) and the weekly ad (which isn't a memo at all)- the same weekly ad that gets sent out in e-mail format to the newsletter subscribers. If they were always sent on Thursdays, how would that explain the last B2G1 sale which started in the middle of the week that GTA launched. I don't remember the exact day it started, but I believe it was a Wednesday, so that means we would have gotten our "memo" on Tuesday, which is not Thursday. Not to say that I won't go in today to see an e-mail about setting one up tonight, which is entirely possible, but not a definite.

And yes, I knew about the extra $10 credit deal more than a day before you posted it. The marketing kits come in typically the Wednesday or Thursday before it is supposed to be set up. I'm sorry if I have to be at work and not post a GS deal the second I see it. Many times I have come home to find someone else has posted information about it. I'll usually confirm a GS deal when 1) there's enough doubters and 2) the information is close enough to being correct.

And the B2G1 free sales usually happen about once a quarter (sometimes more, sometimes less), not once a year. They aren't common, but they happen more often then you think. You figure there are two between November and December alone (Black Friday weekend and the few days after Christmas)

As far as the McDonalds thing, have your source read his/her marketing boook from time to time. I may be wrong abouut it being B2G1 free, but it is something similar to that if it isn't.

/rant

A B2G1 will probably happen sometime during the Gameday sale, however I think that someone has misread the stores receiving new B2G1 signage as a sign that stores are going to do a sale. As has been proven in the past this is not the case. Stores will probably get confirmation a day or two in advance. Edit: Also as far as McDonalds goes, some (read a very select few) get a McDonalds gold card that does get them a B2G1, but it is not for all employees.

[quote name='hysterisch']And the B2G1 free sales usually happen about once a quarter (sometimes more, sometimes less), not once a year. They aren't common, but they happen more often then you think. You figure there are two between November and December alone (Black Friday weekend and the few days after Christmas)
[/quote]

Yeah. Last year I think there was a total of about four or five B2G1 free situations on all used stock. I remember the one after Christmas last year for sure.

BTW, love the avatar hysterisch.

Well after calling my source told me that they have all the signs, they do not know for sure about when it starts because they did not get any official word yet but he thinks it will be this weekend. Still not confirmed though - sorry

Don't let some punk with secondhand friend of a friend "info" grief you hysterisch. His "deal" is no better than saying sometime between now and the end of the year there will be a B2G1 sale.

[quote name='thisisablock']Don't let some punk with secondhand friend of a friend "info" grief you hysterisch. His "deal" is no better than saying sometime between now and the end of the year there will be a B2G1 sale.[/quote]

I agree. At least your statements are well thought out, use proper punctuation and don't come off as accusatory.

[quote name='hysterisch']
And the B2G1 free sales usually happen about once a quarter (sometimes more, sometimes less), not once a year. They aren't common, but they happen more often then you think. You figure there are two between November and December alone (Black Friday weekend and the few days after Christmas)

[/quote]

Now this is the correct info! :applause:

Remember GS is a huge corporation that is publicly traded. In the end its all about hitting earnings estimates and making investors happy. Quarterly/Yearly results are key! So the bonus trade in promos are timed to bring in as much used game inventory as possible and the B2G1 is also setup to blow out said inventory before the end of the Fiscal Quarters.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Now this is the correct info! :applause:

Remember GS is a huge corporation that is publicly traded. In the end its all about hitting earnings estimates and making investors happy. Quarterly/Yearly results are key! So the bonus trade in promos are timed to bring in as much used game inventory as possible and the B2G1 is also setup to blow out said inventory before the end of the Fiscal Quarters.[/QUOTE]

Using logic and grown-up concepts? New to the Internet, are we? :lol:

well if gamestops stock crases anymore today im sure we'll be considering the the buy 2 get 1 for this weekend, damm oil companies

[quote name='illennium']Using logic and grown-up concepts? New to the Internet, are we? :lol:[/quote]

You are right, I will have to edit my previous post and insert the proper amount of Leet-speak so it is formatted properly for the internet. ;)

[quote name='arcurifisher']well if gamestops stock crases anymore today im sure we'll be considering the the buy 2 get 1 for this weekend, damm oil companies[/quote]

Okay, this isn't me being a smartass, I just generally don't understand your comment. What does GameStop have to do with the oil companies? I mean, the only thing I can think of is people are spending more money on gas and have less throwing around money.

It's not just the oil companies causing that though. Costs of everything are up, partially because of the oil prices but also because of the weakened value of the dollar.

[quote name='arcurifisher']you are correct everything is crashing, but gme is crashing alot[/quote]

I didn't realize that. I don't pay a huge amount of attention to financial information. Only on items that directly affect me.

You guys also may have totally missed this: Gamestop Corporate updated all of their prices. Nocturne was 39.99 last B2G1 sale (I bought it at that point) and it is now $49.99.

Maybe they've ramped up prices to prepare for this?

Back to B2G1, I am going to stop at a GS on the way home and ask them about the timing of this new B2G1 sale. Maybe I can get some info.

[quote name='Doomstink']You guys also may have totally missed this: Gamestop Corporate updated all of their prices. Nocturne was 39.99 last B2G1 sale (I bought it at that point) and it is now $49.99.

Maybe they've ramped up prices to prepare for this?[/quote]

Yea, I saw that posted in another thread. They are always changing prices, and they tend to raise the prices of games pursuant to big game releases and B2G1. For example alot of the Mario games for GC were raised before the release of SSBB. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the MG game prices were raised a bit over the last couple months. Besides if something is selling well they figure they might as well raise the price, these are used games and they can pretty much price them to whatever level the market will bear.

I work at the GameStop here in Brooklyn Park, MN. I was on a conference call on Monday and my District Manager said that during our Game Day Sale(the crappy sale of games up to 50% off) they are going to throw in a B2G1 Free sale to help get customers in the store. I was told that it'd start within the next 2 weeks, so the person who posted this topic, I'm assuming works at a GameStop too because he/she must know that our promotions start on a Monday. So save up your credit's because it'll be here soon! I'll post once we get official word of the sale starting, sometimes they'll e-mail us on the weekend to let us prep the store Sunday night.

i hope to god this is true. i have 3 games i need to pick up. nothing rare either, so its pretty much if the deal happens, i win!

Crap I just bought 3 360 games today. I wonder if it will be a problem to return them on Friday (if the sale starts this Friday) and rebuy them to take part in the promotion.

[quote name='LordVila']Crap I just bought 3 360 games today. I wonder if it will be a problem to return them on Friday (if the sale starts this Friday) and rebuy them to take part in the promotion.[/quote]

I think that you can return games for any reason, buying them back right after seems a little weird though. If they are not that rare, consider going to a different Gamestop, or going back the next day.

[quote name='greendayrulestce']I think that you can return games for any reason, buying them back right after seems a little weird though. If they are not that rare, consider going to a different Gamestop, or going back the next day.[/quote]

While it may seem a little weird to buy back games after you just return them it is perfectly fine to do. I just did it last week at Gamestop when I returned two used PS2 games that I had bought a few days before. I took the games back and told the clerk that I wanted to return the games and then buy them back with the 25% off coupon and there was no problem with that at all. I ended up getting about $15 back in cash.

Looking forward to the amount of crow that will be eaten by many posters in this thread.

Will revist later for another laugh.

[quote name='SleekerToy']Looking forward to the amount of crow that will be eaten by many posters in this thread.

Will revist later for another laugh.[/quote]

I don't see what crow there would be to eat. We all seem to agree that there will be a B2G1 sale. The exact date and times are unknown and that is where the largest discussion is. Biggest problem was OP acting like his information was irrefutable and calling out everyone else, even one of them being a GS manager, because what they said didn't match what he was told.

[quote name='jp0213']I don't see what crow there would be to eat. We all seem to agree that there will be a B2G1 sale. The exact date and times are unknown and that is where the largest discussion is. Biggest problem was OP acting like his information was irrefutable and calling out everyone else because what they said, even one of them being a GS manager, didn't match what he was told.[/quote]
Key words "I don't see"

You don't - But I do.

[quote name='SleekerToy']Key words "I don't see"

You don't - But I do.[/quote]

Such as? Not contradicting, just curious as to what you see as people having to eat crow later.

[quote name='jp0213']I definitely wish they would do a B1G1 with GameCube games or something. There are a few around here I want to pick up, but they are still $34.99 and that just sucks for one GameCube game.

Back on topic, I've also never heard of GameStop employees keeping a B2G1 a secret. My local one, as soon as they know the date of one they tell me and any other customers. I have seen them be told by managers to not hype it up too much until a day or two before because they don't want to lose sales in the time between then and the sale start date.[/quote]

Man, I never keep that info a secret. I'm always checking the marketing kits EVERY time we get them in to see what promotions that will be going on for those weeks. I'm always hoping to see that B2G1 in there...

[quote name='Xfactor4']

They only do this once a year so[/quote]

Um....wrong...

wrong wrong wrong

this thread should be closed and moved --- no deal here and no useful info

[quote name='jp0213']I don't see what crow there would be to eat. We all seem to agree that there will be a B2G1 sale. The exact date and times are unknown and that is where the largest discussion is. Biggest problem was OP acting like his information was irrefutable and calling out everyone else, even one of them being a GS manager, because what they said didn't match what he was told.[/quote]

Sadly there always seem to be SOUR GRAPES CAGS who love nothing more than to knock other people down. I didn't throw the first stone. I didn't call people out, rather they kept calling me out and I was defending myself.

Funny thing is, I am just trying to help ALL OF US out yet many want to attack or belittle me and I am the bad guy now !?! :roll:

I was the one who broke the news here on CAG forums about the $10 bonus trade in credit and got attacked for it with doubters and belittling posters happy to challenge my post and info as B.S. until it came through as true and CONFIRMED. I did not get one single apology from the people who called me out not that I expected one from such people.

Good thing you and all the other villagers with pitchforks and torches didn't shut down that thread on the $10.00 bonus trade in on next gen games BEFORE it was formally CONFIRMED !?!

My same source confirmed and verified the B2G1 free all platforms sale coming up this Friday or Next Friday and he has been quite reliable in the past.

Next time I suppose I should just keep the advance news and sales info I get to myself and just keep my mouth shut :whistle2:# rather than take a chance to try and break some advance NEWS and get blasted by the many naysayers and doubters here on these forums. The same few individuals who can't stand someone else getting a couple moments of fame or CAG recognition.

I still say my info is accurate just not sure whether it will be this Weekend or Next. I am kinda thinking maybe next weekend though since the MGS4 launch will keep most Gamestop stores very busy and the B2G1 may overwhelm them ;)

We shall see...

Xfactor

[quote name='bg2001']Um....wrong...

wrong wrong wrong

this thread should be closed and moved --- no deal here and no useful info[/quote]

:speaktothehand:

Why don't we just wait and see if I am right and just who among us will be eating crow and who among us knows what they are talking about since many latecomers have suddenly hopped up saying how of course they all knew about the B2G1 sale already... Yeah right...

Xfactor

P.S. So my source obviously 'pumped' me up by telling me such a sale was only once a year or maybe I simply understood him and in my excitement confused the part of our conversation about the B2G1 free sale with the GAMEDAYS sale which is only once a year ?!? If so, my bad. Sad that there are so many "haters" here just the same though.

[quote name='hysterisch']As far as the McDonalds thing, have your source read his/her marketing boook from time to time. I may be wrong abouut it being B2G1 free, but it is something similar to that if it isn't.

/rant[/quote]

I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. My apologies to you sir. My source at Gamestop was incorrect about this and led me astray. I went into his store and grilled his ASM about this and sure enough, in the back of the marketing book, SOME Mcdonalds employees who have a MCGOLD card do get a B2G1 free offer if they can show their valid MCGOLD card. I am shocked my guy knew nothing about this and even told me wherever I was reading about such a thing, they were full of SHEET but his ASM showed me the darn book. Oh well, he led me astray on that one. Must be a rarely used thing I suppose. Anyways, like I said, I was wrong about the MCGOLD card thing but still largely stand by the rest (with exception of B2G1 only happening once a year. I think I confused what he told me about this with the once a year GAMEDAYS sale... ;)

[quote name='Xfactor4'] I am kinda thinking maybe next weekedn though since the MGS4 launch will keep most Gamestop stores very busy and the B2G1 may overwhelm them ;)
[/QUOTE]

The last B2G1 was right after GTAIV hit, and they didn't seem to have a problem with the extra traffic.

Thanks for the post on this, though, keep it coming if you get anything new. Some of the people in this thread need to chill.

[quote name='forumreader']Thanks for the post on this, though, keep it coming if you get anything new. Some of the people in this thread need to chill.[/quote]

Thanks for having my back here.... :)

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I work at the GameStop here in Brooklyn Park, MN. I was on a conference call on Monday and my District Manager said that during our Game Day Sale(the crappy sale of games up to 50% off) they are going to throw in a B2G1 Free sale to help get customers in the store. I was told that it'd start within the next 2 weeks, so the person who posted this topic, I'm assuming works at a GameStop too because he/she must know that our promotions start on a Monday. So save up your credit's because it'll be here soon! I'll post once we get official word of the sale starting, sometimes they'll e-mail us on the weekend to let us prep the store Sunday night.[/quote]

No, I am the OP and I don't work at Gamestop, but my source sure does ! lol.. But again, thanks for CONFIRMING the validity of my news break on this a la your insider info from the Gamestop District Manager conference call.. :D

Xfactor

[quote name='Xfactor4']Sadly there always seem to be SOUR GRAPES CAGS who love nothing more than to knock other people down. I didn't throw the first stone. I didn't call people out, rather they kept calling me out and I was defending myself.

Funny thing is, I am just trying to help ALL OF US out yet many want to attack or belittle me and I am the bad guy now !?! :roll:

I was the one who broke the news here on CAG forums about the $10 bonus trade in credit and got attacked for it with doubters and belittling posters happy to challenge my post and info as B.S. until it came through as true and CONFIRMED. I did not get one single apology from the people who called me out not that I expected one from such people.

Good thing you and all the other villagers with pitchforks and torches didn't shut down that thread on the $10.00 bonus trade in on next gen games BEFORE it was formally CONFIRMED !?!

My same source confirmed and verified the B2G1 free all platforms sale coming up this Friday or Next Friday and he has been quite reliable in the past.

Next time I suppose I should just keep the advance news and sales info I get to myself and just keep my mouth shut :whistle2:# rather than take a chance to try and break some advance NEWS and get blasted by the many naysayers and doubters here on these forums. The same few individuals who can't stand someone else getting a couple moments of fame or CAG recognition.

I still say my info is accurate just not sure whether it will be this Weekend or Next. I am kinda thinking maybe next weekend though since the MGS4 launch will keep most Gamestop stores very busy and the B2G1 may overwhelm them ;)

We shall see...

Xfactor[/quote]

I never doubted validity of your claims, I was just pointing that you took a particularly combative stance against another CAG. Saying that, you didn't know who to believe but your source was always right. That right there is a combative statement. I didn't check out the other thread because, well I had no interest, so I didn't know people there had already doubted your postings. My local GameStop had given me a heads up about it when I tried to trade-in some 360 games, just told me to wait.

None of my posts in particular have belittled you. I was just talking about your combative nature, without seeing the other thread I didn't know about the other doubters. However, this is an internet forum, there are always going to be asshats. It's the nature of the internet. If you don't post it, someone else will. You also didn't have a large amount of proof to go with it, just the "Also, I just called my good friend who is a manager at Gamestop for MANY years now.....", without more proof than I know a guy, there will always be someone saying "I call bullshit."

To be fair though, saying it will happen either this date or that date, isn't really advance news. It's more of, they think it will happen then. In the thread talking about the GameDays sale, they were stating there would be a B2G1 sale before the end of it, before you posted it in your thread. No one had exacts on it then. I was told by my GameStop employees at the beginning of the GameDays sale that they were going to have a B2G1 before the end of it. I didn't post it because they didn't know an exact date. I knew there would be the people saying "I'm in for 100" or things of that nature. It's just how these forums tend to be.

The sale will be good for everyone, just stating my thoughts on the matter.

Not that this kind of sale is hard to set up, just have to send a memo to everyone for this to work. I am thinking this sale will happen next Friday more likely than this coming one.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Sadly there always seem to be SOUR GRAPES CAGS who love nothing more than to knock other people down. I didn't throw the first stone. I didn't call people out, rather they kept calling me out and I was defending myself.

We shall see...

Xfactor[/quote]

I'm sorry if my initial post came off as threatening to you, but I was agreeing that a sale of this nature was coming, but stating that nothing was yet confirmed. I wasn't trying to knock you down at all, but to prevent the possible disappointment to other CAGs who would go into a Gamestop expecting a sale that as of yet is not confirmed.

The $10 credit deal you posted had dated signage available in store, as well as had it listed in the marketing book with definitive starting and ending dates. Most times, a B2G1 sale is not listed as such and comes up with very little notice (usually a few hours before the store closes the night before the sale starts), hence making it almost impossible to confirm days/weeks in advance (there are always exceptions to this though)

Pretty much it all boils down to is this: We'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='greendayrulestce']Not that this kind of sale is hard to set up, just have to send a memo to everyone for this to work. I am thinking this sale will happen next Friday more likely than this coming one.[/quote]

Actually, it could happen any day they want it. All it takes is a phone call to say that the sale is on. Stores won't find out about it until a day or two beforehand (rarely does anything further than that come along).

And to the OP... Its not that we are complaining about you breaking NEWS, the problem is it isn't really NEWS until you have a date. It is a RUMOR and it will become NEWS when you or someone else gets a date. Also, besides that, as I have stated before (and you must not have seen it) but stop trying to argue with people that are complaining about the RUMOR you have brought up. Let your actions speak for themselves. If you are consistent, people will believe you.

I used to bring news to the site about a year ago until I was told to stop giving advance notice by a higher-up which is why I no longer am breaking the news on upcoming promotions, sales, ect. Just let the people do their chatting in the thread and when it is confirmed, you can have your moment of glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back