Gamestop SALE Starts 6/13 OR 6/20 B2G1 FREE USED ALL FORMATS - NOT CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfactor4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hello all you Gamestop flipping CAGS out there, hope you're saving up all your flipping credit off the bonus $10 trade in credit offer for the upcoming B2G1 FREE ALL USED game sale at Gamestop Storewide and Nationwide for ALL SYSTEMS/ALL FORMATS !

My source says it starts either this Friday 6/13 or the next Friday 6/20 and is for all formats (GBA,DS,PSP,Wii,360,GC,XBOX, PS2, PS3 etc) storewide !

They only do this once a year so I know how I am going to be spending all my Target/Kmart clearance "flipping" money* ! :D ( * other than getting a heavily discounted and subsidized copy of MGS of course)

Just wanted to set the record straight since a couple other threads have rumors about this sale coming up and some people even have talked about a coupon in the marketing book, which such a coupon I am told does not exist since this will be a storewide and nationwide sale with no coupon needed.

I should know which weekend FOR SURE in the next day or so.

I will update the thread title/OP when I know 100% what day it starts.

It will run for 1 week.

In the meantime, make as much money as possible on the $10 bonus trade flips ! hahahaha.... :lol:

Xfactor

P.S. FYI, Most stores have already got their marketing promo kits and signs on this sale and are ready to go !

P.P.S. This has not been confirmed yet, so until signage up in the store, the date isn't confirmed - shrike4242

it'd be great if they had this soon. could use a couple ps3 games since i just picked up the bundle.. also looking forward to picking up some 360 games i've missed...

When were we going to get a yea/nay on this? I've got a handful of games I want and would love to know for sure...

smiley.gif

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186059

[quote name='kenn']When were we going to get a yea/nay on this? I've got a handful of games I want and would love to know for sure...[/quote]

Well it wasn't in todays Gamestop informer so it will likely start next Friday the 20th.

Thats the best I got at this point since corporate will likely only give stores 24 hour notice. :)

As I said in the OP, I was told it would either be this Friday(tomorrow) the 13th or next Friday the 20th.

Its coming for sure though.. Just don't have FINAL confirmation of the date.

I will update the OP the moment I know the exact date for sure if none of the other Gamestop Managers floating around here beats me to the punch ! ;) hahahaha

Xfactor

[quote name='kenn']Wow, that's two different confirms for the 16th. I guess I better start making lists....[/quote]

Same here, even if its not the 16th, likely to be before the end of the month.

I'm not knocking your thread, but also as a Game Stop employee I should correct a few things for ya.

The McDonalds B2G1 being BS is wrong, it's been in the marketing book for months... any McDonalds employee bringing in their Gold Card gets the deal.

The marketing book for this month very clearly states that the B2G1 is not for the 6/9 marketing period, which ends 6/29. Not to say that they will not run it as part of a weekly ad, but if they follow suit from last year it will not go up until the very end of the Game Day Sales.

[quote name='legs1986']I'm not knocking your thread, but also as a Game Stop employee I should correct a few things for ya.

The McDonalds B2G1 being BS is wrong, it's been in the marketing book for months... any McDonalds employee bringing in their Gold Card gets the deal.

The marketing book for this month very clearly states that the B2G1 is not for the 6/9 marketing period, which ends 6/29. Not to say that they will not run it as part of a weekly ad, but if they follow suit from last year it will not go up until the very end of the Game Day Sales.[/quote]

Thanks for looking out. That said, I did apologize and correct my post on the whole Mcdonald McGold Card thing in the 6th post down on the last page here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186237&page=5

The Store Manager who told me all the details on this sale told me the Mcdonalds thing was BS and I took his word for it ! Instead, I got egg on my face when I went into his store and asked his ASM to show me the marketing book and sure enough, there was the Mcdonalds Gold card B2G1 coupon provided the Mcdonalds employee can show their gold benefit card.

As far as the rest of the details, he told me he was on a conference call and said that corporate/district/regional etc said the B2G1 sale would happen in the next 2 weeks. He told me the sale would likely happen either tomorrow Friday 13th or next Friday the 20th which is looking more and more like the day.

I didn't just make this thread up for fun ! I was trying to help out all of us CAGS and I thought I was getting the straight scoop when I pryed a little and asked about the upcoming B2G1 sale that some rumors were swirling around about and got all the juicy details from him as best I could.

BTW, He laughed when I brought up the Mcdonalds Gold card and told me to stay off the forums !! haha... He then told me whoever said such a thing existed had 2 rectums and that there was no such thing boldly stating that NOBODY gets discounts other than Gamestop employees. SO I took his word for it. I will know better next time. Obviously he is so important that he doesn't even know about the Mcdonalds Gold Card offer ! lol..

Oh well, he was right about the $10 bonus trade in value offer when I broke early news of that promo to this site so I believed him.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Xfactor

P.S. I am SURPRISED how many CAGS allege themselves to be Gamestop Managers and employees ! They are coming out of the woodwork all of the sudden. Funny then that I was the one who spilled the news on the $10 bonus trade in credit deal. Not one of any of all these managers and employees said one word about it here.:whistle2:k Thats some darn tight lipped loyalty I guess...

[quote name='Xfactor4']Thanks for looking out. That said, I did apologize and correct my post on the whole Mcdonald McGold Card thing in the 6th post down on the last page here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186237&page=5

The Store Manager who told me all the details on this sale told me the Mcdonalds thing was BS and I took his word for it ! Instead, I got egg on my face when I went into his store and asked his ASM to show me the marketing book and sure enough, there was the Mcdonalds Gold card B2G1 coupon provided the Mcdonalds employee can show their gold benefit card.

As far as the rest of the details, he told me he was on a conference call and said that corporate/district/regional etc said the B2G1 sale would happen in the next 2 weeks. He told me the sale would likely happen either tomorrow Friday 13th or next Friday the 20th which is looking more and more like the day.

I didn't just make this thread up for fun ! I was trying to help out all of us CAGS and I thought I was getting the straight scoop when I pryed a little and asked about the upcoming B2G1 sale that some rumors were swirling around about and got all the juicy details from him as best I could.

BTW, He laughed when I brought up the Mcdonalds Gold card and told me to stay off the forums !! haha... He then told me whoever said such a thing existed had 2 rectums and that there was no such thing boldly stating that NOBODY gets discounts other than Gamestop employees. SO I took his word for it. I will know better next time. Obviously he is so important that he doesn't even know about the Mcdonalds Gold Card offer ! lol..

Oh well, he was right about the $10 bonus trade in value offer when I broke early news of that promo to this site so I believed him.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Xfactor

P.S. I am SURPRISED how many CAGS allege themselves to be Gamestop Managers and employees ! They are coming out of the woodwork all of the sudden. Funny then that I was the one who spilled the news on the $10 bonus trade in credit deal. Not one of any of all these managers and employees said one word about it here.:whistle2:k Thats some darn tight lipped loyalty I guess...[/quote]

God shutup about your stupid $10.00 thing..

Either way people would have found out - Get off your high horse and quit accusing people of 'not reporting' things.

can't wait for this to happen at my store...bouts to pick up persona 3 fes,mass effect and maybe FF7:crisis core..heard it was good...

[quote name='Xfactor4']Sadly there always seem to be SOUR GRAPES CAGS who love nothing more than to knock other people down. I didn't throw the first stone. I didn't call people out, rather they kept calling me out and I was defending myself.

Funny thing is, I am just trying to help ALL OF US out yet many want to attack or belittle me and I am the bad guy now !?! :roll:[/QUOTE]

The way I see it, there are two problems here. One is that, as has been mentioned, you're coming off as being both hostile and cocky. Yes, you've contributed to the site in the past, but so have others; that doesn't give you a pass to act like you're better than the other posters here.

The bigger problem, though, is that you're trying to tell us information you don't actually have is right and that the rest of us are wrong. A potential Game Days B2G1 first came up about a month ago in the Game Days thread, if memory serves, so it isn't news that there would be one eventually; you've also said repeatedly that it would absolutely be this Friday, when we've got two people here stating that it'll be on the 16th (a Monday), a date that would match the start of the Game Days sale. People do make mistakes, but it's a lot harder to excuse them for it when they spend their time insisting they're right and belittling others while they do so.

I don't care that you're contributing to the site, and the effort is always appreciated. I also don't have a problem with you...but I've got one with the way you're treating the rest of us. Change your tone. You don't have to be so fucking condescending - you're not nearly as special as you seem to think you are.

actually the real problem here is that as he is posting a potential deal, people are waiting to jump all over him if it's not 100% accurate. everyone wants to argue semantics with him instead of just being grateful for the heads up. it's no surprise he is getting defensive.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']actually the real problem here is that as he is posting a potential deal, people are waiting to jump all over him if it's not 100% accurate. everyone wants to argue semantics with him instead of just being grateful for the heads up. it's no surprise he is getting defensive.[/quote]

Exactly, I never understand why people online have to get so Argumentative, hence the fine print in my signature... ;-)

[quote name='SleekerToy']God shutup about your stupid $10.00 thing..

Either way people would have found out - Get off your high horse and quit accusing people of 'not reporting' things.[/quote]

Seconded.

Xfactor

I think we've belabored this point long enough. This thread has turned into nothing more than the OP's attempt to ego-stroke himself, and everyone else giving him crap over it, which IMHO, is warranted. We're done with this thread, and when we get clarification on this sale, we'll start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back