GAMESTOP: Save $25 on any new game $29.99 or higher when trading select titles.

[quote name='AceBB6']Hey thanks man. Yeah, I wish they would have taken artists like lil wayne instead.[/QUOTE]

lil wayne? an artist?
lol

anyways where do i sign in the deathnote for lil wayne?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
Layton trades into amazon for $18 so I figured for $7.50 I get a game I want and $18 to amazon, heck yeah.
[/QUOTE]

Did it come with manual and cover art? Amazon requires both.

[quote name='ev768']Did it come with manual and cover art? Amazon requires both.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was 100% complete.

[quote name='Jimbo1']Gamestop Ala Moana, Kapahulu, and Kahala all told me that they're not running this promo.[/QUOTE]

Print out the web page and show them that no where on it does it say not valid in Hawaii (I assume those locations are in Hawaii). In fact it says "Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only." it does not say Continental United States and last time I checked Hawaii was part of the USA. If they still say no call Corporate on the spot. This is the info GS.com gives for issues with stores:
"If you have an issue with a store, please contact the GameStop.com Customer Service Center at (800) 883-8895. At the menu press 4 to be directed to Store Issues. They will be able to assist you with any issue you may have regarding stores. Hours of operation: Open Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CST); Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CST) ."

so do u have to put the credit towards a game?

i want to trade in tvc but i'm not interested in getting a game out right now unless i can just put the credit towards a preorder

[quote name='KongaKing']Anyone get this to work on a preorder without having to buy a game, return it, then apply that to a preorder?[/QUOTE]

I used one of my BBV Mario flips to reserve Red Dead Redemption. Is that one your asking, errr...

[quote name='Sway42']lil wayne? an artist?
lol

anyways where do i sign in the deathnote for lil wayne?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

o wow brawl is on there

looks like i should get rid of that as well

edit:hrm nvm my cousins still play it then off to bbv tomorrow to build more credit!

Yes, if you encounter idiot employees that claim the deal isn't valid, don't even listen. I've got this one annoying-ass manager at this store I go to out of town, and he swore up and down that the only promo they had involved trading 2 games (he was obviously thinking of the now-expired GOW 3/FF 13 promo).

After processing my trade transaction (which of course the mf ended up hitting me with a bunch of refurbs on...always happens when he is working), I politely asked him if he would just scan the copy of L4D2 I had with a new Little Big Planet. Well, first he claims that it's probably an internet-only promo, tells me that it won't work because L4D2 is gonna have to have a refurb fee (lol! of course...and what do you know, I got this copy straight from GS.com, opened the package, then traded it right back to a GS. Great how they stand by their own products!), so I said whatever. Then he tells me that Little Big Planet GOTY is actually $59.99, and the regular version (which they don't have of course) is $29.99. Once again, I say OK, whatever, just do it and we'll see.

well, well, well. He processes the transaction, and what do you know. It works just fine. He tells me that it must have been my lucky day, and I got the fuck out of there. Yeah, is it my lucky day, or am I just more informed about your store's trade in policies and promotions than you?

The point being, if you have some moron clerk feeding you some BS, simply don't listen to them. If you know you have a game on the list, and are buying a new game for $30 or more you are all good! I did this deal 5 times today, and simply walked in, selected the game I wanted, and said I would like to trade this, then buy this. Just like 99% of GS promos, IT'S ALL AUTOMATIC.

No muss, no fuss, baby

Ah, but you did answer my question (sort of) - I guess the games don't get bumped to $25 automatically unless you also purchase something? While that seems like common sense, that isn't the way it worked before. On a previous deal like this you could simply trade in the game from the list and get the trade-in boost without buying anything else. And since it was automatic it helped if the clerks didn't know the deal because they wouldn't make you buy something to go along with it. But I'm guessing it doesn't work that way now? I'm still not 100% sure of that from sgaldis's post, though, because the promos don't kick in one way or another until they hit total (so it might still show the lower price with or without the new game until totalled).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I had a day today...

Went to BBV and found Dirt 2 for $15, went to ring it up and it was $30 so they price adjusted it.

So I went back, got Transformers RotF for myself for free because of Dirt 2 and noticed they had two copies of it on PS3 marked at $15 so I took all 3 to the register. What do you know the two PS3 Dirt's rang up incorrectly so they were price adjusted.
[/QUOTE]

Just a minor correction: Dirt 2 is $29.99 for 360 and PS3 at Blockbuster and thus ineligible for the B1G1 deal. They, in fact, rang up correctly. They were just tagged wrong (the Wii version is $14.99 so they probably retagged based on that). You got an override because they were mistagged - a highly YMMV situation and that just added to your incredible luck that day. I wasn't even sure you were aware how lucky you were though so I wanted to point that out. ;)

All the copies I've seen around here are correctly tagged at $29.99.

[quote name='sgaldis']Yes, if you encounter idiot employees that claim the deal isn't valid, don't even listen. I've got this one annoying-ass manager at this store I go to out of town, and he swore up and down that the only promo they had involved trading 2 games (he was obviously thinking of the now-expired GOW 3/FF 13 promo).

After processing my trade transaction (which of course the mf ended up hitting me with a bunch of refurbs on...always happens when he is working), I politely asked him if he would just scan the copy of L4D2 I had with a new Little Big Planet. Well, first he claims that it's probably an internet-only promo, tells me that it won't work because L4D2 is gonna have to have a refurb fee (lol! of course...and what do you know, I got this copy straight from GS.com, opened the package, then traded it right back to a GS. Great how they stand by their own products!), so I said whatever. Then he tells me that Little Big Planet GOTY is actually $59.99, and the regular version (which they don't have of course) is $29.99. Once again, I say OK, whatever, just do it and we'll see.

well, well, well. He processes the transaction, and what do you know. It works just fine. He tells me that it must have been my lucky day, and I got the fuck out of there. Yeah, is it my lucky day, or am I just more informed about your store's trade in policies and promotions than you?

The point being, if you have some moron clerk feeding you some BS, simply don't listen to them. If you know you have a game on the list, and are buying a new game for $30 or more you are all good! I did this deal 5 times today, and simply walked in, selected the game I wanted, and said I would like to trade this, then buy this. Just like 99% of GS promos, IT'S ALL AUTOMATIC.

No muss, no fuss, baby[/QUOTE]

I would never put up with going to a place where I knew the d-bag employee would almost always try to charge a refurb fee. I assume there's no other GS stores by you with employees who aren't dicks?

The times I've been charged a refurb fee on a trade transaction, even after I asked if they charged me one and they said no initially, I told them I want to keep my shit then and walked out with my games. I'm not losing $1-4 or so in value and possibly not having them qualify for promos because some asshat wants to be a dick and make the company more money(that they won't see in an increase in their pay).

There's enough GS stores around that if you don't like the practices of the employees/manager at one store, go down the road a half mile and there's probably another GS(that was once a Funcoland/EB/etc/etc) where they might not be a bunch of tools.

So just to be clear, I can walk in with my copy of DA:O and pick up the God of War Collection for $5 and tax? I've never traded anything in at Gamestop (I avoid them as much as possible) so are there any complications that might arise?

[quote name='Temidien']So just to be clear, I can walk in with my copy of DA:O and pick up the God of War Collection for $5 and tax? I've never traded anything in at Gamestop (I avoid them as much as possible) so are there any complications that might arise?[/QUOTE]

If you're copy of DA:O is incomplete or damaged, they may not allow the trade. That's about it. If you really want to be anal, you can print out the page for specials like this one since you may get a clueless employee. But I've never had one question it.

I never traded in games until last year. Honestly, it's a sweet deal. Much of the GS bashing is hot air aimed at them because they are so big and therefore an easy target. All of my trades have been in good condition, and they've been painless. Less than 60 seconds, and the credit is on my Edge card.

One bonus nobody ever talks about is sales tax. I don't know if its universal, but purchases made w/trade-in credit in TX aren't charged sales tax. So that's an additional 8% saved on every purchase for me.

[quote name='Temidien']So just to be clear, I can walk in with my copy of DA:O and pick up the God of War Collection for $5 and tax? I've never traded anything in at Gamestop (I avoid them as much as possible) so are there any complications that might arise?[/QUOTE]

I walked in with my copy of Eternal Sonata and $7.31, and I walked out with a copy of LBP GotY. I mentioned to the cashier that the trade-in should come up at $25, he pulled out some corporate book behind the counter, looked through it, and said "Yep, $25 off any new game $29.99 or higher.", and I paid my $7.31 and walked out.

You'll get asked to pre-order Red Dead Redemption, but that should be the worse hassle you'll get.

I live in the middle of nowhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first and only to take advantage of the promotion at this store.

Crunching the numbers, though, I did get charged the 7.75% sales tax on the $29.99, so YMMV on that part of it.

[quote name='Zippon']If you're copy of DA:O is incomplete or damaged, they may not allow the trade. That's about it. If you really want to be anal, you can print out the page for specials like this one since you may get a clueless employee. But I've never had one question it.

I never traded in games until last year. Honestly, it's a sweet deal. Much of the GS bashing is hot air aimed at them because they are so big and therefore an easy target. All of my trades have been in good condition, and they've been painless. Less than 60 seconds, and the credit is on my Edge card.

One bonus nobody ever talks about is sales tax. I don't know if its universal, but purchases made w/trade-in credit in TX aren't charged sales tax. So that's an additional 8% saved on every purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='madcatz1999']I walked in with my copy of Eternal Sonata and $7.31, and I walked out with a copy of LBP GotY. I mentioned to the cashier that the trade-in should come up at $25, he pulled out some corporate book behind the counter, looked through it, and said "Yep, $25 off any new game $29.99 or higher.", and I paid my $7.31 and walked out.

You'll get asked to pre-order Red Dead Redemption, but that should be the worse hassle you'll get.

I live in the middle of nowhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the first and only to take advantage of the promotion at this store.

Crunching the numbers, though, I did get charged the 7.75% sales tax on the $29.99, so YMMV on that part of it.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks guys! I'll go attempt this in the next hour :D

UPDATE: Worked without a hitch. The guy at the counter had no clue about the special (hard to believe considering it's right next to campus) but thankfully I brought a print-out so it rang up beautifully. The guy even offered to grab me a Used copy but I pointed out that it was for New games only (his manager was nearby and I didn't want him getting in trouble). Best Gamestop experience I've had in two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the fuck am I ever going to play Mario Kart Wii again?
My friend has it, & that's to real only time I've played it. Your going towards FFXIII.
Actually, does anybody know if this works with Pre-orders? If so, then 3D Dot Game Heroes for me.

[quote name='Temidien']Great, thanks guys! I'll go attempt this in the next hour :D

UPDATE: Worked without a hitch. The guy at the counter had no clue about the special (hard to believe considering it's right next to campus) but thankfully I brought a print-out so it rang up beautifully. The guy even offered to grab me a Used copy but I pointed out that it was for New games only (his manager was nearby and I didn't want him getting in trouble). Best Gamestop experience I've had in two years.[/QUOTE]

me and you were on the same boat as far the uncertainty of this deal and gamestop.

i went with my l4d2 copy and told the employee that i wanted to trade in this game.

He scanned it and he told me if i wanted to put it into a preorder. i told him no

Then i told him i wanted to buy lbp with the credit and asked him how much i had with the trade in
he told me i had 11 dollars
lol

i told him about the trade in deal and told him to double check. he again told me it was 11. i had to tell him there was this deal for 25 dollars into a 29.99 game. he pointed me into this flyer that was next to him. i told him that was the same deal i was talkin about
he told me it was only those games in the front page. gow3, ffxiii and other newly released games that had to be traded in.
i had to flip the flyer and point him out that l4d2 was there and it was part of the deal.

he insisted again but i had to re-tell him again. he later said he misunderstood the flyer and the deal.
he said he thought it was for those newly released titles that the deal went for
lol again

well, he then grabbed me a newly copy of lbp goty edition. sealed and everything and i had to pay 5 dollar in difference.

He told me if i wanted to pre-order ANYTHING. i told him now. he kept on insisting "Are you positive?". i had to tell him no again
lol...

i seriously do not know. maybe he tried to play me out with the trade in. he never looked at me in the eyes when he said he misunderstood the trade in deal.

everything went better than expected...

Just left Gamestop in Springfield, MO. Wouldn't let me do a pre-order when trading Batman:AA so I got LBP GOTY sealed and will return it tomorrow to get money back on my edge card then use the 25% off coupon online!

[quote name='david12795']So how this does work? Do we automatically get $25 or do we have to get a game higher than $29.99 first?[/QUOTE]

Hand them a trade in from the approved list and a new game priced $29.99 or higher. That's it. They'll ring up the new game minus $25.

You might get extra due to Edge stacking. I actually got $26.45 for Mario Slugger because it added 10% to the base trade-in value of $14.50. :lol:

[quote name='Zippon']Hand them a trade in from the approved list and a new game priced $29.99 or higher. That's it. They'll ring up the new game minus $25.

You might get extra due to Edge stacking. I actually got $26.45 for Mario Slugger because it added 10% to the base trade-in value of $14.50. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wait, so used games don't apply? aww looks like I can't get Mario Kart wii anymore. Well I can but I dont want to pay extra. lol. Looks like I'll just get LBP.

Dont know if this has been asked but can we do this deal multiple times? Like if i had 3 games that qualify, and want 3 29.99 games, can I? Do they ring em up all at once, and once they scan the 29.99 games, all 3 games will boost to 25?

Today...was a GOOD day.

Went to 2 different BBV and picked up Rock Band 2 for (PS3) and Mario Super Sluggers (Wii) at each for 14.99 for a total of $30 + tax.

Traded in each of the Mario Sluggers at Gamestop for the $25 deal. Employee let me get Bayonetta (360) and Assassin's Creed 2 (360) from the gamedays sale. He had a flyer for the promotion in store. He manually bumped the tradein price of each to $25.00 and with edge it jumped to $27.50 each. Walked away with Bayonetta for 12.50 and Assassins Creed 2 for 2.50 + tax.

Then went home and signed into Amazon to trade in the two Rock Band 2s for 18.75 credit each.

So in total wound up with:

Bayonetta (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
$37.50 of Amazon credit

for a total of $45 + tax cash out of pocket !!

The $25 credit WILL NOT automatically pop up until the $29.99 game is rung up, so I doubt you can get it on a gift card (although I am sure some enterprising CAG will figure out a way). Also the $25 credit WILL NOT automatically pop up if it is a gamedays sale game. You will have to get them to do a manual adjustment on the trade-in price.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Dont know if this has been asked but can we do this deal multiple times? Like if i had 3 games that qualify, and want 3 29.99 games, can I? Do they ring em up all at once, and once they scan the 29.99 games, all 3 games will boost to 25?[/QUOTE]

do seperate transactions otherwise the trade in bump to 25 wont be activated. speaking from experience.

[quote name='Zippon']Hand them a trade in from the approved list and a new game priced $29.99 or higher. That's it. They'll ring up the new game minus $25.

You might get extra due to Edge stacking. I actually got $26.45 for Mario Slugger because it added 10% to the base trade-in value of $14.50. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ah okay thanks.

Guess I will use this on GTA EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY for ps3 when it comes out. Then i'll use the left overs on Mario Kart ^_^.

I traded in Super Sluggers but my Edge 10% was added to the base price, not the promo price - so 26.45. Used that plus GoW and Mass Effect 1 trade to get Just Cause 2 with $11 remaining on my card. There wasn't really anything between 29.99 and 49.99 I wanted :[

I was able to get it to work today. It appears that all the employees are clueless about the deal. Just trade in a game on the list and buy a new game that's $29.99 and the trade-in value will be bumped to $25. Thanks everyone.

I know it shouldn't work, but did anyone try this with pre-orders? I'm looking at SSFIV... can't think of any current releases I would want.

luckily at my BBV they had a copy of

Super Sluggers
and
Marion and Sonic : Olympic Winter games

for $9.99 each (b1g1 time :D )

traded each one in to Gamestop. Got Little Big planet and Oblivion Goty edition. Went to the other GS down the road returned Little Big Planet for Store credit and picked up Assassins creed :D.

not a bad haul for $20 out of pocket :D

[quote name='soonerdoc'] Also the $25 credit WILL NOT automatically pop up if it is a gamedays sale game. You will have to get them to do a manual adjustment on the trade-in price.[/QUOTE]

You can ask them, but YMMV. Others have said (and it makes perfect sense) that the two promotions--Game Days Sale and $25 off $30--don't stack. Which is why it won't ring up automatically.

You can tell he did something wrong because your Edge card applied to the total promo price of $25 per game. It's only supposed to apply to the original, unaltered trade-in price. You got lucky. ;)

[quote name='cawthor']will GS take just the disk? I got M&S Olympics from BBV but no manual and in blank generic case.[/QUOTE]

yea they will,i traded that in last night & got a new sealed black label infamous

[quote name='cawthor']will GS take just the disk? I got M&S Olympics from BBV but no manual and in blank generic case.[/QUOTE]

They should. Someone mentioned in another thread that GS employees are told to only check to make sure that the disc is in good condition. The condition of the case and manual should have no bearing on your trade.

[quote name='wormraper']luckily at my BBV they had a copy of

Super Sluggers
and
Marion and Sonic : Olympic Winter games

for $9.99 each (b1g1 time :D )

traded each one in to Gamestop. Got Little Big planet and Oblivion Goty edition. Went to the other GS down the road returned Little Big Planet for Store credit and picked up Assassins creed :D.

not a bad haul for $20 out of pocket :D[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. You returned LBP for I assume $29.99 credit, then bought AC2 for free? How? Why didn't you get it at the first store?

Yeah the employees at the GS in Pine Lake Road in Lincoln Neb, wouldnt let me use it on a preorder, only games that come out during the promotion apparently like Splinter Cell but even then Im not sure if you could preorder with the 25$ or if you would have to bring in the game the day it comes out.

So I asked him what would happen if I bought a game then returned it. I guess the other lady was the manager and he kinda looked at her and asked what he should do. She said she didnt care. So I traded Mario Super Slugger (18$) and Mario and Sonic (25$) for 46$ (No EDGE either which im probably should have gotten). I preorder Red Dead Redemption btw. I kinda did it wrong without getting the EDGE and probably might go back to that BBV and get some stuff to flip and buy Lego Indy 2 and used the Super Sluggers but w/e. All I wanted was RDR. 32$ for 6 games and 18$ for RDR, couldnt be happier.

This promo is great with the new price drops on Infamous, LBP GOTY, GOW Collection, Borderlands & Darksiders, especially if you can find Mario Sluggers/Smash Bros Brawl/Mario&Sonic Olympics at Blockbuster's B1G1.

Made out! 8 games from BBV for $40 (including 2 M&S Olympics). Traded to GS for $60 credit and brand new LBP GOTY & GOW Collection.

This promo DOES NOT work with preorders. I called customer service and they said that because preorder is not considered a new game and is under it's own classification, it isn't allowing to use it for preorders.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm confused. You returned LBP for I assume $29.99 credit, then bought AC2 for free? How? Why didn't you get it at the first store?[/QUOTE]

because the $25 credit for turning in super sluggers doesn't apply for AC2 because it's on Gamdedays sale.

Yes, I feel sort of lame that I got LBP, inFamous et al via Walmart's deal when I could have picked them up for $5 with these flippers, except the store I was in last night had normal prices still. Do they ring up at the new price anyway?

if you want to turn credit into cash this is YMMV but its worked several times for me. Put all of your money on a pre order then you should wait at least a week later come back to the store when a different employee is working (the first one can't be there or present) and cancel your pre order, don't mention it early but insist that you paid for it cash or had a cash payment partially. They usually will just get up to the Transaction screen and do it automatically without checking. Works best when you have a friend working there. But you must say something otherwise you get your credit back, but you can always hop to the next one.

[quote name='phantasyx']if you want to turn credit into cash this is YMMV but its worked several times for me. Put all of your money on a pre order then you should wait at least a week later come back to the store when a different employee is working (the first one can't be there or present) and cancel your pre order, don't mention it early but insist that you paid for it cash or had a cash payment partially. They usually will just get up to the Transaction screen and do it automatically without checking. Works best when you have a friend working there. But you must say something otherwise you get your credit back, but you can always hop to the next one.[/QUOTE]

Or, you could just buy some random thing from the store with credit, and return it at a store nearby. Again, like you said, YMMV, but it worked today for me lol.

I was thinking of ways around the preorder issue. Say I traded in a game and got $25 towards a new $59.99 game. Say I hold onto it and then 30 days later, I return it. Would I get the $25 + difference?

up to the employee some may be an ass and charge you for not having the original case so YMMV on this

[quote name='AsianChexMix']I was thinking of ways around the preorder issue. Say I traded in a game and got $25 towards a new $59.99 game. Say I hold onto it and then 30 days later, I return it. Would I get the $25 + difference?[/QUOTE]
It should work; it did for me when they held the $20 trade promo a while back.

I had great success today due the lack of info provided to the GS employees at my local store. Traded M&S at the Olympic Games, SSBB, Dead Rising:CTYD and SFIV. Total credit = $83.45 :applause:

What happened was that the system would not automatically give the $25 trade for the eligible titles because what I bought and paid for were pre-orders for Super Streer Fighter IV & Transformers: war for Cybertron. So, the employee manually overrode the trade for M&S and SSBB to $25 but the system also gave me my Edge bonus PLUS the stack promo of 20% extra value for 4 games traded. He even told me it was giving me too much, and I understood, but after several attempts and coming up with the same result he said 'F' it, you're a regular customer' and gave me full credit. $30.40 for SSBB and $29.65 for M&S.

As soon as we were done and I had my receipt, the manager walked in and the employe explained what had happened. The manager said she had no problem with it because I had paid for both pre-orders in full ($17.73 out of pocket). But did explain that it was limited to stock on hand. She said if I had other game that went with promo she would do the same as long as any future pre-orders were paid in full.

Now, I've got one more SSBB and M&S to trade and I have to decide what to do with them. The M&S games were acquired through BBV's b1g1 and SSBB though Goozex specifically for this purpose ( 550 points for $30 credit at GS).

I love being a CAG. :D

BTW, the store was in Cypress, TX ( Northwest Houston ) on hwy 529 near hwy 6 in front of Wal-Mart in Copperfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back