Gamestop Scratch Off Coupon. Up to 50% off any pre-owned game. 12/3-12/14 Sounds too good to be true? You betcha!

AzureFlame

CAG Newbie
Went in to Gamestop today to trade in some Xbox 360 Adapters and saw this coupon on the counter. There was a big stack and I grabbed a few. It says "SCRATCH OFF some Holiday Cheer! Get up to 50% off a PRE-OWNED GAME"

And there's the thing. GET UP TO. Means that you can get one for 10%-50% off. I scratched off three now and got two 10% ones and one 20% one. Might stack with the birthday coupon. Valid from 12/3-12/14, so not good on Black Friday, unfortunately. I only saw this at one store, so let me know if anyone else has seen this.

I don't think you were meant to grab a stack.

Here's another thing: most scratch cards work that way. o_O
I only got three. I SAW a stack, not TOOK a stack.

Yeah, I know. But you know most of them will be 10%-20% off.

To be fair, he did say he only took "a few" from the stack he saw. :razz:
Exactly.

Like a little stack which is a stack?

Three. Only three.

I got a 40% off yesterday
Great, so they are showing up in other places. Nice work, getting a 40% off.

Assuming they give these out to customers with a purchase/trade in or just anyone who comes in to their store?

Yea i can confirm this.. Our store got a butt load of these. I grabbed like 10 for myself, i got one 40% :D Willing to Trade the 10-20%'s, can get more, PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
So mostly GameStop employees and douchebags grabbing handfuls will get these, while the regular consumer won't know about it.

Kind of like the Playcation promo where I spotted them by the register and had to ask for one with my purchase. Employee never said a word about the promo.

Just a heads up, unless things changed from yesterday, this promotion is no longer going on. The cards were distributed last week, and yesterday we got a message saying bag them up and toss them in the back. I don't know if it's a district/region specific thing, but if I can get some other employees feedback, I'd like to see if it's nation-wide or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, unless things changed from yesterday, this promotion is no longer going on. The cards were distributed last week, and yesterday we got a message saying bag them up and toss them in the back. I don't know if it's a district/region specific thing, but if I can get some other employees feedback, I'd like to see if it's nation-wide or not.
My store told me the same thing. Said they will probably start it up again at some point though.

Wtf? I didn''t get any last week.

My store didn't have any, luckily I was going to the Staples to get office supplies in the same plaza so gas and time not wasted.

im passing by two gamestops tonight on my way to the gym so imma trade in a game at each to try to get at least one at each store lol. both games are worth nothing so why not do something usefull with them ? i racked up lots of playcation coupons with the same methood lol

bread's done
Back