SoulProphet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey, Just letting everyone know that Aliens Colonial Marines is
$40 for the vanilla copy
$70 for the CE.

For both PS3 and 360.

Im still on the fence with the game, having seen the reviews. This is my first thread creation, so if there is a duplicate, you will have to forgive me.

[quote name='preston181']It's actually not a bad game. Not a AAA title for sure, but still okay. It bears similarities to Doom 3 in the mood and control feel.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Played single player and multiplayer on the 360 and didn't run into any bugs. Seems like the biggest complaints from reviewers are "it didn't match the public demo" (and therefore the graphics are PS2 level) and the aliens run straight at you. Oh yes, and that it was outsourced.

I saw the demo video last year, but couldn't remember what it showed. The graphics are fine. There are better than launch titles but not as good as top tier games like HALO 4 or Crysis. As far as aliens running straight at you, some do, some don't. You still have to be careful of acid and they can take a ton of damage, so there is still a challenge. As far as it being outsourced, I really like Section 8, which was also done by Timegate. The implication is that because it was outsourced, the team doing the work didn't know what they were doing. I disagree.

For me, I felt immersed in the Aliens universe. Game of the year? Nope. Unplayable garbage? Far from it.

I just want this to hurry up and blow over cause of all the rage and butthurt over the net about anything gearbox related. I don't want to look for golden key codes on facebook and twitter and only see people whining about wanting to sue gearbox for fraud and lies.

You'd think people would be more aware of what they are buying by watching pre release videos (which when brought up on this topic, people swear there were only old videos shown of CM, and it was a bait and switch, which is a lie cause I cancelled my preorder weeks before it come out when I saw updated gameplay footage), or read early reviews about it before they randomly throw money blindly at something cause it has the Aliens or Gearbox name on it. Amazing how many people don't want to admit they are just as much at fault by ignorance as the company that puts out a shit game.

[quote name='GreyFoxx2002']I'll want it for the front loader statue.[/QUOTE]
I did too, but I've heard it's a very poorly made PoS. Can anyone who's gotten it confirm/deny?

That seems to be the standard with most figures/statues that come in collector's editions nowadays so I'm not surprised.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']
For me, I felt immersed in the Aliens universe. Game of the year? Nope. Unplayable garbage? Far from it.[/QUOTE]

And which Aliens Universe is that? Where does this story fit into the "Aliens Universe"? Or are you just talking about the noises and lightning and occasional blind dancing alien?

[quote name='rcerboss']I did too, but I've heard it's a very poorly made PoS. Can anyone who's gotten it confirm/deny?

That seems to be the standard with most figures/statues that come in collector's editions nowadays so I'm not surprised.[/QUOTE]
atleast from I saw on the youtube unboxing video, and what are the reviewers said. The figures is basically cheaply made.

[quote name='GBAstar']And which Aliens Universe is that? Where does this story fit into the "Aliens Universe"? Or are you just talking about the noises and lightning and occasional blind dancing alien?[/QUOTE]
basically Alien franchise fanboy/ loyalist talk, LOL denial

bread's done
Back