GameStop - Selling Classic Games Again! - PowerUp Rewards Retro Game Vault

4tygames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
You can now use your GameStop PowerUp Rewards on classic video games on a variety of consoles.

http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/RetroGameVault

Game, Platform and # of points required
Mortal Kombat - SNES - 30,000
Mario Bros. - NES - 27,500
Super Star Wars - SNES - 27,500
Killer Instinct - SNES - 26,500
1942 - NES - 24,500
Spy Hunter - NES - 24,500

Games Coming Soon
Tecmo Super Bowl (Near Mint, Complete) - NES
Nintendo Power Glove w/ Super Gloveball - NES
Nintendo Power Pad w/ World Class Track Meet - NES
Dragon Warrior - NES
Double Dragon - NES
Super Gameboy - SNES
Street Fighter II - SNES
Mortal Kombat (Complete w/ case) - Genesis
Mortal Kombat II (Complete w/ case) - Genesis
Metroid - NES
Pac Man (Sears Edition) - Atari 2600
Space Invaders - Atari 2600
Super Mario World - SNES
Ms. Pac Man - Genesis
NHL Hockey - NES
Fear Effect - PS1
Shining in the Darkness -Genesis
Aladdin (Complete w/ case) - Genesis
RBI Baseball - NES
Pilotwings - SNES
Game Genie - Genesis
Asteroids - Atari 2600
Centipede - Atari 2600
Combat - Atari 2600
Defender - Atari 2600
Missile Command - Atari 2600
Frogger - Atari 2600
Ms. Pac Man - Atari 2600
Pac Man (Regular Edition) - Atari 2600
F-Zero - SNES
NBA Jam - SNES
Sim City - SNES
Tecmo Super Bowl - Genesis
Tecmo Super Bowl 3 - Genesis
Donkey Kong- Coleco
E.T. - Atari 2600
Super Scope 6 - SNES
WCW vs. NWO - N64

They are going after the consumer that really doesn't know about these games at all, but goes, "Whoa! ET for the 2600! Man, I've hard about that game, I should get it and show my friends!"

Definitely not a CAG deal, but it's fine for what they are doing. Those of us who want things like that can find them much cheaper. According to Google Shopping with about 10 seconds of looking, you can get it brand new for less than half the cost of it using the Gamestop points with the $10 values mentioned. This deal isn't for us.

gamestop sells things for their ebay prices which is sad. im not paying $30+ for digital devil saga used. lol I wish stores like that would just sell those kinds of games for cheap. i mean what good is it doing them sitting on rare RPGs at $40 forever. just get them out of there, youre not in the business of collecting rare games gamestop! but yea i have nowhere near those points so kind of worthless nor would i want to pay $27.50 for super mario bros

[quote name='Mako1215']Isn't Fear Effect worth something?[/QUOTE]

probably not much. It wasn't that hard to come by when ps1 games were still being sold say 5 years ago. Its probably worth as much as FF8 or FF9. But even then those are probably worth more. I think Fear Effect 2 was the harder to acquire game

[quote name='CaoPi']ok so who is seriously going to back 30,000 pts, $30 for a cartridge only MK on SNES?[/QUOTE]

If anybody is planning to do this, please PM me instead. I will send you the name of a recent game to pick up for me, using your points for a discount. You send me that game, and I will pay you, plus send you TWO copies of MK SNES. I will even pay the shipping both ways. Pretty good deal, huh?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']probably not much. It wasn't that hard to come by when ps1 games were still being sold say 5 years ago. Its probably worth as much as FF8 or FF9. But even then those are probably worth more. I think Fear Effect 2 was the harder to acquire game[/QUOTE]

Its worth about 3-10 pending on how complete it is. Retro Helix is worth about 12. I picked up both at a game exchange in pittsburgh for 15 and they were both mint and complete.

these rewards suck. you could get all of these games crazy cheap off ebay...heck retro game shops have way better prices. 30,000 points for MK 1. Yeah GS Go fuck yourself.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I was curious and finally took a look at the rewards for this program, and I noticed that they have the Dead Space 2 mini plasma cutter. That was part of the collector's edition for that game. I am guessing some of these little knick knacks they have are from other ones, as well. Guess they won't be throwing out the extras anymore when they break apart CEs.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the time that I preordered a game back when they gave out preorder goodies, they said that they were out of the preorder bonus and while I was still in the store the guys frind came in and he gave him several if the item they were "out of." This was back before they just gave out DLC.

bread's done
Back