GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']Used or new? For DLC do you mean the online pass or?[/QUOTE]

I got a 'gutted' new copy, and I'm talking about the white armor DLC or something.

[quote name='4tygames']What was funny last year during the GameStop Game Day sales is that I got a gutted copy with both the DLC codes and the disc with the DLC included.[/QUOTE]

happened to me last year when I picked up a used copy for a friend. the dlc codes were not used and had a map as well :applause:.

LA Noire complete was pictured in the ad, but a no go in store, of course LAMESTOP didn't HONOR IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']LA Noire complete was pictured in the ad, but a no go in store, of course LAMESTOP didn't HONOR IT![/QUOTE]

Both online and the ad shown on slickdeals showed the regular edition. At least as far as I have noticed. But some have reported that the Complete Edition worked. Probably YMMV.

[quote name='weeman43302']Both online and the ad shown on slickdeals showed the regular edition. At least as far as I have noticed. But some have reported that the Complete Edition worked. Probably YMMV.[/QUOTE]

The paper ad says "Complete Edition." I didn't try because I got it earlier this year when it was on sale at Bb, though, so you may be right.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Picked up a sealed 360 version of AC: Rev. It was even the Signature Edition! Pretty good day. :D[/QUOTE]

The signature edition codes had a January expiration date. YMMV if they still work.

[quote name='dinovelvet']The signature edition codes had a January expiration date. YMMV if they still work.[/QUOTE]

They do. I just used it an hour ago.

[quote name='ktmack23']i picked up 3 mw3's to flip and one of them came in the steel book! Score![/quote]

genius

[quote name='bellenoire2005']The paper ad says "Complete Edition." I didn't try because I got it earlier this year when it was on sale at Bb, though, so you may be right.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok. I haven't seen the actual paper ad (I haven't went in to buy anything yet) so I didn't know what it said. But online is definitely NOT the Complete Edition.

[quote name='CaoPi']genius[/QUOTE]

Ikr. I was chatting up the checkout guy and he told me he had some guy try and trade in a SCV CE with all the trimmings, and he had to convince the guy to just give him the game.

I just went to one and the MK kombat was ringing up full price. DUde was like it starts tomorrow I vcan't do anything. I was like call the dm. Then he acts pissed and starts typing all hard doing the transaction. I ask do they have any ac sig he shot down quick NO . I looked on the wall they had some gutted new. I tell you employees. I passed on the ac I will pick it up at another store. (How much does the reg edition go for if I trade up?)

I looked at my coupon after I picked up WKCII, and AC:R today and it says something about redeeming a white knight set from the gamestop website if you're a PUR member, what is that exactly?

And was anyone successful in getting a copy of LA Noire: Complete Edition for 20?

[quote name='redmangoose']I looked at my coupon after I picked up WKCII, and AC:R today and it says something about redeeming a white knight set from the gamestop website if you're a PUR member, what is that exactly?

And was anyone successful in getting a copy of LA Noire: Complete Edition for 20?[/QUOTE]

It's DLC that was originally offered as a preorder bonus at GS for WKC2. It's an extra set of armor or something.

[quote name='gepet0']I just went to one and the MK kombat was ringing up full price. DUde was like it starts tomorrow I vcan't do anything. I was like call the dm. Then he acts pissed and starts typing all hard doing the transaction. I ask do they have any ac sig he shot down quick NO . I looked on the wall they had some gutted new. I tell you employees. I passed on the ac I will pick it up at another store. (How much does the reg edition go for if I trade up?)[/QUOTE]

Mortal Kombat rings up full price, but once you have them scan your Power Up Rewards card, it brings the price down to $29.99. I bought it today and it is indeed how it went down. Go back to that Gamestop and raise hell! :D

Hmm...might really get White Knight Chronicles 2 for $20 just because of the bonus pre-order DLC being given away with purchase.

I'll hold off on LA Noire since it isn't the complete edition. Have the vanilla version in my backlog, figured the DLC was worth the $20 since there's still no separate expansion disc.

Might get some cheap games for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale.

[quote name='4tygames']What was funny last year during the GameStop Game Day sales is that I got a gutted copy with both the DLC codes and the disc with the DLC included.[/QUOTE]

Right this was an issue last year but not this year. All copies shipped since last year have the DLC on disk. Sorry to the person before but I was on my phone at work then.

Also any store w/o signage or stickers have lazy or incompetent employees. There were sale stickers on EVERY single box of the sale games new & used at my store, plus the PUR only sales (WKC 2, SC, etc.) were behind the counter with a special shelf banner saying on sale for PUR only.

This sale is nothing like last year's in terms of product availability or advertising. None of the stores in my area had any signage, employees were mostly clueless, and as others noted, stock was very limited. Last year, virtually every store had bins full of gutted copies of all of the sale items, with 3+ of even the niche RPG games and 10+ of the bigger titles. Today, several stores were down to their last couple copies of AC: Revelations already. Maybe they're expecting new shipments tomorrow.

Not sure why, but the Soul Calibur V hardcover CE guide rang up for $12.14 after PUR discount. It even came with the Ivy bobble head. *thrilled* ... I was able to trade in old MK for ~$19.xx and get a new (sealed) MK complete for around $10. Good day at GS.

picked up ac:r and mk:k earlier today for $20 and $30 respectively.

i paid for them with trade in credit from mw3 and a b:ac i picked up at bby today.

mw3: $22 (before getting an extra 60%)

b:ac $19 (before extra 60%)

altogether i got about $65 :cool:

edit: the ac:r was only the vanilla version but i didn't notice until i got home.

[quote name='redmangoose']I looked at my coupon after I picked up WKCII, and AC:R today and it says something about redeeming a white knight set from the gamestop website if you're a PUR member, what is that exactly?

And was anyone successful in getting a copy of LA Noire: Complete Edition for 20?[/QUOTE]

i read earlier that someone had been, but when i tried it they said it was a misprint. luckily there was a target right by there, and someone else had said that target did a price match on the complete version so i tried it out.

the guy at the cash register claimed that they did not do price matches there, and i told him that's bullsh't because they've done it in the past. he radioed someone (a manager or something) and asked them about it. they said they did if i had a current weekly ad (which i had brought from gs). so he eventually rung it up for $20.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i read earlier that someone had been, but when i tried it they said it was a misprint. luckily there was a target right by there, and someone else had said that target did a price match on the complete version so i tried it out.

the guy at the cash register claimed that they did not do price matches there, and i told him that's bullsh't because they've done it in the past. he radioed someone (a manager or something) and asked them about it. they said they did if i had a current weekly ad (which i had brought from gs). so he eventually rung it up for $20.[/QUOTE]
I got it to work no problem, they were nice but I couldn't buy it. I only had 12 dollars and was hoping to cancel my pre order which would had me enough credit plus my cash to buy it but... I can't cancel my pre-order from a different store, I just didn't want to make two more trips back and forth.
So, yes, you can, just point it out in the ads as others have said.

i had bestbuy price match la noire complete edition for $20, i brought gamestops paper ad with me and showed the guy that it was the complete edition in the ad. i almost had a hard time but nothing major, just make sure you bring the ad with you and show them that the picture in the ad shows the complete edition.

So what's the difference between vanilla and signature edition for AC:R?
Is the signature edition black/white compared to the colored cover for the vanila AC:R?

[quote name='iduncurr']So what's the difference between vanilla and signature edition for AC:R?
Is the signature edition black/white compared to the colored cover for the vanila AC:R?[/QUOTE]

i think it comes with DLC for AC 1.
but i could me wrong ?.

[quote name='Alex121006']i think it comes with DLC for AC 1.
but i could me wrong ?.[/QUOTE]

Um yeah you're wrong. The Signature Edition includes a bonus singleplayer mission, an exclusive multiplayer character, weapons capacity upgrades, an animated short film and an Assassin's Creed: Revelations original game score soundtrack. All of that is for ACR, not AC1. In fact only the first printing of PS3 version had AC1, the 360 version never did.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um yeah you're wrong. The Signature Edition includes a bonus singleplayer mission, an exclusive multiplayer character, weapons capacity upgrades, an animated short film and an Assassin's Creed: Revelations original game score soundtrack. All of that is for ACR, not AC1. In fact only the first printing of PS3 version had AC1, the 360 version never did.[/QUOTE]
Yup, I was just asking about the cover print >

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']picked up ac:r and mk:k earlier today for $20 and $30 respectively.

i paid for them with trade in credit from mw3 and a b:ac i picked up at bby today.

mw3: $22 (before getting an extra 60%)

b:ac $19 (before extra 60%)

altogether i got about $65 :cool:

edit: the ac:r was only the vanilla version but i didn't notice until i got home.[/QUOTE]

so 60% of $22 is... ~$35.20, BBY was selling mw3 for $34.99...am I missing something?

wait for the White Knight Chronicles II, is the "extra" DLC printed on the receipt? I just chucked it in our receipt basket, I may have to go dig it out if it is...

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']wait for the White Knight Chronicles II, is the "extra" DLC printed on the receipt? I just chucked it in our receipt basket, I may have to go dig it out if it is...[/QUOTE]

The extra armor DLC is on the bottom of the receipt. The online pass is on the back of the manual.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The signature edition...says signature edition. And why do you think you won't get the Soundtrack/short film? You are buying it new, if it doesn't include it then either a GS employee is keeping it for himself, the store lost it, or a customer took it. Either way it's unacceptable.[/QUOTE]
I'm under the assumption that the Signature Edition is much like the collector's edition/limited edition and comes in a small box that contains all the miscellaneous bonuses.

[quote name='birus']is it possible to get a gutted copy when ordering online?[/QUOTE]

Yup? Happened to me. Another reason I ban GameStop.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um yeah you're wrong. The Signature Edition includes a bonus singleplayer mission, an exclusive multiplayer character, weapons capacity upgrades, an animated short film and an Assassin's Creed: Revelations original game score soundtrack. All of that is for ACR, not AC1. In fact only the first printing of PS3 version had AC1, the 360 version never did.[/QUOTE]

yeah i wasn't sure if it was just DLC for AC 1. thanks for the correction and the info.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The extra armor DLC is on the bottom of the receipt. The online pass is on the back of the manual.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, typically the Gamestop staff is great enough to let me know about the extra stuff on the receipt, so didn't even bother checking! thanks, I'll make sure to redeem that before I lose it!

[quote name='skycat561']
[/QUOTE]

So I had the 20% off coupon from PUR points and thought I would use it to get this used in the store, as the website said the used copy was $37.99. When I used my trade in credit to purchase it, it turned out to be $34.19 after my coupon and my PUR discount. Question is the price I got it for turned out to be coming from $47.99 instead of the $37.99 I expected.

What is my best option?

Do they match prices or refund price difference for .com?

If not should I return the game and lose my coupon/3500 points to get a new copy from the website since a new copy includes dlc stuff that would cost at least $10. (damm EA)

Or should I just stick with what I have, wasting the coupon to save a couple of bucks and just miss out on the dlc?

And are these prices supposed to be the same in store or online only?

Hey so I entered the code for ACR's bonus content and it took me to the store page for it and just kept pressing yes without reading much. I go to check my downloads list and it's not listed. How do I confirm if I've redeemed the content? The second time I entered the code it said it was invalid or no longer of use. So does this mean yes? Or has the content expired?

[quote name='iduncurr']I'm under the assumption that the Signature Edition is much like the collector's edition/limited edition and comes in a small box that contains all the miscellaneous bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no, it's just the normal size case with different box art.

[quote name='Alex121006']yeah i wasn't sure if it was just DLC for AC 1. thanks for the correction and the info.[/QUOTE]

As far as I am aware AC1 never had any DLC and the AC1 inc in the PS3 copies of ACR is on the disc, it is not a download, but it does need to be installed from the disc.

[quote name='MachRay']So I had the 20% off coupon from PUR points and thought I would use it to get this used in the store, as the website said the used copy was $37.99. When I used my trade in credit to purchase it, it turned out to be $34.19 after my coupon and my PUR discount. Question is the price I got it for turned out to be coming from $47.99 instead of the $37.99 I expected.

What is my best option?

Do they match prices or refund price difference for .com?

If not should I return the game and lose my coupon/3500 points to get a new copy from the website since a new copy includes dlc stuff that would cost at least $10. (damm EA)

Or should I just stick with what I have, wasting the coupon to save a couple of bucks and just miss out on the dlc?

And are these prices supposed to be the same in store or online only?[/QUOTE]

You saved nothing by using the coupon. GS is stupid in terms of PUR coupons. The coupon cannot be stacked with other offers, that offer includes any sale price. So once you used the coupon it brought it back it $48 (normal price) then took a total of 30% off (20% and 10% PUR) making it $34.19. If you didn't use the coupon it would have been $37.99-$3.80 making it....$34.19.

The only course of action you have is to contact the PUR and tell them what happened and hope they refund you the 3500 points you spent. The store can't do anything about it.

[quote name='def PD']Do you have to be a PUR Pro member to get these sale prices?[/QUOTE]

Not sure for all of them, but for MK Komplete you do.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Hmm...might really get White Knight Chronicles 2 for $20 just because of the bonus pre-order DLC being given away with purchase.

I'll hold off on LA Noire since it isn't the complete edition. Have the vanilla version in my backlog, figured the DLC was worth the $20 since there's still no separate expansion disc.

Might get some cheap games for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale.[/QUOTE]

O it actually is the LA Noire Complete Edition. I just bought it today for 360 @ $19.99

The store clerk wasn't sure until i pointed out that Ad shows "The Complete Edition" on the pix and available for Xbox 360. The thing that ticked me off was he went to the shelf and grabbed a generic case for me. I asked him if he has a new one, he flat out said, "It is new (WTF?!) and someone must've stole the case." He offered 10% discount and I told him no, then he checked his drawer again and found a sealed copy. This is just too much for any type of business practice.

[quote name='flamerhino']

The store clerk wasn't sure until i pointed out that Ad shows "The Complete Edition" on the pix and available for Xbox 360. The thing that ticked me off was he went to the shelf and grabbed a generic case for me. I asked him if he has a new one, he flat out said, "It is new (WTF?!) and someone must've stole the case." He offered 10% discount and I told him no, then he checked his drawer again and found a sealed copy. This is just too much for any type of business practice.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. That's just whack. I asked them for the complete edition and the guy at the counter checked the drawers but none were left. Oh well.

Did anyone get a receipt with other promo codes besides the WKCII one? Just curious.

bread's done
Back