Gamestop sucks monkey balls, holding VP for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop here in brookfield, WI has been showing valkyrie profile in stock for about 3 weeks, every time i call they say it's a glitch and they don't have it. I call BS, cause when things get sold it updates on the website within at least 3 days. I asked who they're holding it for but i just get the typical runaround. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

gamestop here in my area shows suikoden 2 (with 2 copies available)

i call em in they said no instantly before i finish my sentence. not only should they update periodically but have u noticed that gamer fags work there now? so they all get first dibs no matter what. gamestop is useless unless ur there and see the actual item.

[quote name='111111']gamestop here in my area shows suikoden 2 (with 2 copies available)

i call em in they said no instantly before i finish my sentence. not only should they update periodically but have u noticed that gamer fags work there now? so they all get first dibs no matter what. gamestop is useless unless ur there and see the actual item.[/QUOTE]

which begs the question why even see if something is in stock.. I don't have a GS near me, but if i know i'm going to one I don't look at some stuff and if it shows in stock i immediately put those on a list for games i look for while i'm there (or games similar to them).. there has been copies of lunar at this one for a couple months now I should go check it out.. but it is exactly 100 miles away from me.. sucks.

Wait, lemme make sure I got this right... So far in this thread, we've got a GameStop employee, an EB employee, and a Gamecrazy employee... who all happen to work in Brookfield, WI?

What are the fucking odds?!

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Wait, lemme make sure I got this right... So far in this thread, we've got a GameStop employee, an EB employee, and a Gamecrazy employee... who all happen to work in Brookfield, WI?

What are the fucking odds?![/QUOTE]

well i work at gamecrazy in west allis. not nearly as high society as brookfield. lol

I wish EB would have bought gamestop. EB is so much better. I think we're the best store for those who aren't too into gaming and for parents. We're all about trying games and making sure people get what they need, not that we get their dollars.

This thread has turned out alright, but i still hate all the gamestops in brookfield. lol. and the one in west allis too.. that place is always a mess.

I used to work at the Gamestop in Brookfield Square! Not that that really adds anything to the conversation. If you see a guy in there named Alex, tell him I said his feet smell!

Hey Guys,

This is Kyle LeMaster the Senior Game Advisor from the GameStop here in Brookfield in question. I am using Carey's screen name here to clear a few things up.

The Valkyrie Profile in question is being transmitted to another store for a customer in Chicago. We are currently going through inventory lockdown which means all transfers must be held aside to accommodate our inventory. Our website does not keep 100% up to date through our system. This is something that the EB Games merger will clear up.

I know you called earlier today about the product and we discussed this. Our website simply offers a convenience, it guarantees absolutely nothing. I personally offered to track all transactions and watch for a copy for you, you declined. I am willing to work with you on this.

I want you to know that our store is statistically the best rated GameStop in our region. We work very hard to maintain a reputation with customers and I don’t want you to feel as if we are lying to you. If I had a copy available for you, I would sell it to you. We are in business to SELL video games, not to hide them from you.

I’d like to encourage you all to come and visit us. We have a new manager that has accomplished a lot for our store and he’d have no problem talking to you about any concerns you have. Otherwise, I have been with the company for a good length of time and I look forward to working with you all in the future. Don’t let one circumstance make you think poorly of us.

Thank you.

[quote name='grayfox']Hey Guys,

This is Kyle LeMaster the Senior Game Advisor from the GameStop here in Brookfield in question. I am using Carey's screen name here to clear a few things up.

The Valkyrie Profile in question is being transmitted to another store for a customer in Chicago. We are currently going through inventory lockdown which means all transfers must be held aside to accommodate our inventory. Our website does not keep 100% up to date through our system. This is something that the EB Games merger will clear up.

I know you called earlier today about the product and we discussed this. Our website simply offers a convenience, it guarantees absolutely nothing. I personally offered to track all transactions and watch for a copy for you, you declined. I am willing to work with you on this.

I want you to know that our store is statistically the best rated GameStop in our region. We work very hard to maintain a reputation with customers and I don’t want you to feel as if we are lying to you. If I had a copy available for you, I would sell it to you. We are in business to SELL video games, not to hide them from you.

I’d like to encourage you all to come and visit us. We have a new manager that has accomplished a lot for our store and he’d have no problem talking to you about any concerns you have. Otherwise, I have been with the company for a good length of time and I look forward to working with you all in the future. Don’t let one circumstance make you think poorly of us.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

screw you guys, you've got all the corporate bullshit of eb without their deals. i hope your company goes bankrupt. there's no reason for gamestop to exist. and i did call today about the vp, but all i asked is who you're holding it for and hung up, cause i started getting the typical gamestop bs. I wish people would be smart enough to avoid your stores and getting screwed over by your "game advisors"

on the topic of good game stores in the milwaukee area, the eb on highway 100 is awesome too, the manager there knows her stuff.

[quote name='jer7583']screw you guys, you've got all the corporate bullshit of eb without their deals. i hope your company goes bankrupt. there's no reason for gamestop to exist. and i did call today about the vp, but all i asked is who you're holding it for and hung up, cause i started getting the typical gamestop bs. I wish people would be smart enough to avoid your stores and getting screwed over by your "game advisors"

on the topic of good game stores in the milwaukee area, the eb on highway 100 is awesome too, the manager there knows her stuff.[/QUOTE]

Whoa dude, there's no reason to flip out. What he offered was a totally crisp, concise explanation as to what exactly had happened. You cannot take everyone the store locator says to "Please call store to confirm availablity." You did, and they said they didn't have it. There's multiple reasons as to why they may not have it, and what he said is perfectly valid. There is a 3 week period before doing inventory in which nothing can be transferred in or out, which can be longer if your store has a bad inventory.

Don't be dissing on the entire Gamestop company because you had one bad experience. Come to the EBs by me where they don't say a freakin word to you, ever, and go to the Gamestops where they, for the most part, are all nice.

Regardless of whether Kyle's post was fact or not, I love it when someone responds to a well-thought statement with "screw you". It really brightens my outlook on life.

Or you could go to the Gamestops by me where they don't say a damn word to you the entire time you're in there...even if you're right by the register. Honestly, I work at EB, but EBs, GSs, GCs, GRs, everywhere is really YMMV.

[quote name='grayfox']heh, not saying we absolutely hate Sony. I like the system, in the sense that it gets a huge amount of games. But, I get sick of having to deal with broken PS2's, dealing with people in the store ranting and raving about how their PS2 won't play Lego Star Wars, blah blah.

I don't 'pick' systems. I buy games for all of them. Which system do I have the most games for? PS2. Fantastic selection of RPG's, shooters, Action games, etc.[/QUOTE]

oh snap! i'm one of those guys who's ps2 wont play lego star wars! Good thing it was a blockbuster rental.

Gamestop employees are correct here sorry unhappy guy.

My only grudges against game stores are GS at Brookfield Square and Music Recyclery at Brookfield square. The craptitude of two awful places in one mall kind of ruins the entire mall.

Music Recyclery: Used greatest hits games only $28.99 wow what a bargain! If they were $30 new and not $20 you'd be saving a dollar off the new price!

Brookfield Square Gamestop:
Me: "Yeah can I get some help here?"
Employee: "SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH (ignoring me). So I played my Birds of Paradise and the stupid noob I was playing played a Wrath of God and killed all my creatures and I was like..."

Get your goddamn greasy Magic playing friends out of the store. There is a line of 5 people waiting to be checked out and you're ignoring them to talk about a fucking card game. I hope you all die terrible terrible deaths.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop here in brookfield, WI has been showing valkyrie profile in stock for about 3 weeks, every time i call they say it's a glitch and they don't have it. I call BS, cause when things get sold it updates on the website within at least 3 days. I asked who they're holding it for but i just get the typical runaround. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's in stock.

Haha, the Gamestop on Bluemound is garbage.

I put my name and phone number on a piece of paper with 2 games on it, one was VP. Funny, I never got a call. That was about 6 months ago.

That store was crap when it was Babages, and it is still crap with gamestop.

EB in Delafield trumps everything i've seen.. they don't get the most business, but the AM and manager will go out of their way to help.

[quote name='jer7583']your store's awesome, you need to steal some of that brookfield business from gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It don't matter if EB games takes business from Gamestop, they're the same company. Don't believe me? Google it.

[quote name='Dainbramaged']It don't matter if EB games takes business from Gamestop, they're the same company. Don't believe me? Google it.[/QUOTE]

I googled "it" and it came up with nothing about gamespot or eb. So what are you talking about?

[quote name='bostonfrontier']why is VP such a wanted game......... the gameplay sucks[/QUOTE]

I don't think the gameplay is so bad, as its the spike in difficulty right around ch. 3 or 4. It's been a long time so I can't remember it exactly, but I remember the game going from enjoyable to hair pulling stressful from the end of one chapter to the begining of the next. I still enjoyed what I played of the game, and may try starting over again after reading a FAQ of exactly how I should level because I think I did something wrong my first time.

[quote name='Jeoff']Gamestop employees are correct here sorry unhappy guy.

My only grudges against game stores are GS at Brookfield Square and Music Recyclery at Brookfield square. The craptitude of two awful places in one mall kind of ruins the entire mall.

Music Recyclery: Used greatest hits games only $28.99 wow what a bargain! If they were $30 new and not $20 you'd be saving a dollar off the new price!

Brookfield Square Gamestop:
Me: "Yeah can I get some help here?"
Employee: "SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH (ignoring me). So I played my Birds of Paradise and the stupid noob I was playing played a Wrath of God and killed all my creatures and I was like..."

Get your goddamn greasy Magic playing friends out of the store. There is a line of 5 people waiting to be checked out and you're ignoring them to talk about a fucking card game. I hope you all die terrible terrible deaths.[/QUOTE]

Yet if they were talking about some lame ass Japanese RPG you'd join right in. I like playing Magic.. but I hate when game store employees talk about how great games are going to be and I hate when they treat the customers like they don't know what they are talking about.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I googled "it" and it came up with nothing about gamespot or eb. So what are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

*slaps forehead* I hate it when people take things so literally. Ok, try this. Google 'EBGames Gamestop merger' and see what you get.

[quote name='Dainbramaged']*slaps forehead* I hate it when people take things so literally. Ok, try this. Google 'EBGames Gamestop merger' and see what you get.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Is this an exclusive scoop? Welcome to 3 months ago.

[quote name='gizmogc']Wow! Is this an exclusive scoop? Welcome to 3 months ago.[/QUOTE]

And yet people still complain about one being better than the other. One store being better than another I can understand, but EB vs Gamestop?

I'm just kinda tired of seeing 'EB sucks, I only shop at Gamestop' or vice versa. Their the same, stop already.

Actually, it's not the same quite yet. As of now, we're just sort of two companies operating under the same corporation. Things aren't really going to be the same until probably Feb. to March of next year. That's why if you call an EB they still answer the phone "Thank you for calling EB Games...." and don't mention Gamestop at all.

[quote name='Level Jumper']Actually, it's not the same quite yet. As of now, we're just sort of two companies operating under the same corporation. Things aren't really going to be the same until probably Feb. to March of next year. That's why if you call an EB they still answer the phone "Thank you for calling EB Games...." and don't mention Gamestop at all.[/QUOTE]

A technicality. Working under they same corporation means same company.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I googled "it" and it came up with nothing about gamespot or eb. So what are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

you must not have googled "it" right.. i googled "gamestop eb games merger" and got the following results http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gamestop+EB+games+merger

there are several stories.. basically Gamestop bought EB games last April and last week the shareholders approved it. it is a dark time for the rebellion.

its funny. there is an ebgames where i live and down the street in walking distance is a gamestop. i wonder when they become the same if ebgames will be gamestop. i think it would be funny to have 2 gamestops almost right next to each other. hahah funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back