Gamestop Summer Sale

varna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]23354[/IMG-R]GameStop's Summer Sale includes deals which are available both in-store and online, as well as others which are online only. Check the sale for more details.

Highlights include:
:360::ps3::pc: FEAR 3 $39.99/$29.99
:360::ps3::pc: Duke Nukem Forever $39.99
:360::ps3: Tron Evolution Collector's Edition $49.99
:360: Child of Eden $29.99
:ps3: God of War 3 $14.99

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Summer Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the differince with the super charged refurbished ds's and just used ones besides that they are refurbished ? I know that gamestops refurbed ps3's come with 500 gig hard drives, What do the ds's come with ? I could use a new one

[quote name='Royal High Knight']as a matter of fact yes..yes they do. So if i buy one do i get 10% off any game or those pre-owned one's that they showed in the catalog?[/QUOTE]

Im thinking its any gamecube, ds or gba game but the ad makes it seem like its any preowned game in the store. Can someone conferm this ?

[quote name='NJMane']Cant use my $10 code that I got when purchasing a game full price form them last year and the "vship" code at the same time. My order is over $25 but since I have a $10 code I cant use free shipping. 1 word = BULLSHIT![/QUOTE]

I had this problem. You just gotta call them. Call, don't e-mail.
They'll e-mail you another code that will work.
Worked for me!

[quote name='kyrhon']I had this problem. You just gotta call them. Call, don't e-mail.
They'll e-mail you another code that will work.
Worked for me![/QUOTE]

How do you get that $10 off?

[quote name='varna']Some deals are both instore and online, others are just online only, check the link to find out more I'll post some highlights below.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Some highlights..

FEAR 3 $39.99 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/fear-3/77633

Duke Nukem Forever $39.99 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/duke-nukem-forever/84187

Child of Eden $29.99 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/child-of-eden/78235

God of War 3 $14.99 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-iii/1499[/QUOTE]

FYI for everyone, from this list, only Child of Eden is online only.

Only decent deal there is maybe god of war 3. Rest are pretty much as it should be.

Fear is getting Bad reviews and child of Eden is only like two hours long, duke nukem got horrible reviews... Wish I saw more i like in here.

A few of those headsets look good but I think I'm developing a headset obsession.

Help a brother out and report the GoW III price to Amazon? Hoping to get a PM so I can pick it up with some credit.

Also, yes a Gamecube is totally worth it, but the Wii does give you the option of playing Wii and GC games both. Depends how much you want to spend. Either way, pick up Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker if you even remotely like Zelda games. :)

I'm going to try and get one of those $10 off coupons for Child Of Eden. The only thing is I didn't buy a full priced game from them so I don't know how that's going to work...lol.

[quote name='Lhallfin']Only decent deal there is maybe god of war 3. Rest are pretty much as it should be.

Fear is getting Bad reviews and child of Eden is only like two hours long, duke nukem got horrible reviews... Wish I saw more i like in here.

A few of those headsets look good but I think I'm developing a headset obsession.[/QUOTE]

FEAR 3 is getting decent reviews. Most of the reviewers really seem to be jaded and mark the game down for odd things like the in game achievement system. The multiplayer modes appear to be pretty decent and now is the time to play since the community is likely as large as it is going to be. The co-op is also getting good marks.

Child of Eden is about 6 hours from what I hear, but it is score based. I agree with you that $30 makes it much more attractive.

iv been looking into getting a gamecube since i got rid of my wii anyone know if that 10% off used game would stack with this 20% off used game coupon they sent me for my birthday

If you have Kinect, Child of Eden is a lot of fun. Mesmerizing after a while, which helps to immerse you into the game. Like playing a psychedelic trip, tripping...
I got mine from Best Buy for $5. I had ordered a movie with a free plush, the free plush went out of stock. I called and they offered me a Kinect game for $5, free shipping. I chose Child of Eden, which hadn't been released yet. I always have a good experience with Best Buy customer support. Thank you Best Buy!

[quote name='stabito']iv been looking into getting a gamecube since i got rid of my wii anyone know if that 10% off used game would stack with this 20% off used game coupon they sent me for my birthday[/QUOTE]

Oh Yea i remember that coupon, used mine for bloodstone a while back. I forgot If it said " cant use with other offer " or not. If it doesnt say that then you can use it

[quote name='thetruth1983']And this is the reason why I don't buy games on release date.[/QUOTE]

Same! It has been crazy in the last few months how new games go down to 30 /40 in a matter of a week or two. At least in my case it makes me think twice before buying it and seeing how much playtime I will get in!

[quote name='Munny1212']Well said. Also, here's hoping Child of Eden is 20 in a month.[/QUOTE]

If you read the Amazon thread there was "NO WAY IT WOULD EVAH BE BELOW $30 ANY TIME SOON!"

Whoops.

This will be budget by Christmas.

lol damn, my brother just bought fear 3 a few days ago full price...I'm trying to make him my cheap ass disciple though, isn't working yet.

Guess I'll have to go to the store and see if I can get some kind of price adjustment/buy this and take the old one back.

if Duke Nukem was $10 cheaper I would have gotten it, $39.99 is still too much for me. Nothing that interests me here, thanks for the post though...

[quote name='kylerg']The site is jacked up. I keep getting a Game Over screen. And one of my coupons isn't working?[/QUOTE]

They expired those coupons like last year.

[quote name='darkvulture']is the used price for those games 35?[/QUOTE]

No that is what I was hoping for, but those show as $54.99 at least they did this morning.

[quote name='jblank']Damn, looks like FEAR 3 is online only at that price. :([/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what mine keeps saying, too. I think I'm still going to run instore to check it out today, though.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']FEAR 3 is getting decent reviews. Most of the reviewers really seem to be jaded and mark the game down for odd things like the in game achievement system. The multiplayer modes appear to be pretty decent and now is the time to play since the community is likely as large as it is going to be. The co-op is also getting good marks.

Child of Eden is about 6 hours from what I hear, but it is score based. I agree with you that $30 makes it much more attractive.[/QUOTE]

wait until it drops just finished it yesterday, very short game, story is ok. Fear2 was better. trading in today with 40% coupon.

When I try to do PickUp@Store for GoW3, it says the in-store price is $29.99 and not the $14.99 sale price. Should it ring up at $14.99 when I go to pick it up?

I recommend FEAR3. It's short but quality. Great coop, good fun SP. The in game score progression is stupid but it let's you go for high scores on level replays if you feel the need. Just a fun game all around.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']FEAR 3 is getting decent reviews. Most of the reviewers really seem to be jaded and mark the game down for odd things like the in game achievement system. The multiplayer modes appear to be pretty decent and now is the time to play since the community is likely as large as it is going to be. The co-op is also getting good marks.

Child of Eden is about 6 hours from what I hear, but it is score based. I agree with you that $30 makes it much more attractive.[/QUOTE]

I take it back about the fear 3 reviews guess its just giantbomb that has a hate on for it lol.

But there's no way a play thru of child of Eden is 6 hours unless you just intentionally keep replaying. I've read seriously one to two hours from reviews and forums.

[quote name='Lhallfin']I take it back about the fear 3 reviews guess its just giantbomb that has a hate on for it lol.

But there's no way a play thru of child of Eden is 6 hours unless you just intentionally keep replaying. I've read seriously one to two hours from reviews and forums.[/QUOTE]And even then, GiantBomb seemed to be having fun during their Fear 3 quick-look. I've played through each interval at least three times now, and haven't gotten tired of it.

And yes, Child of Eden is VERY short. I'm sure it will be $20 or less within two weeks.

[quote name='prayformojo']Does Fear 3 have any "Project $10" catches, i.e. multiplayer limited trials or DLC only available on new copies?[/QUOTE]

New copies of FEAR 3 have the "FEAR pass". I believe it is this: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...nd-Modes/dd92458c-8734-4b14-8ae6-9369f3e5df1a

Got this from http://quarterdisorder.com/2011/06/...ks-two-multiplayer-modes-tied-to-one-account/ plus I own the game, so I can confirm it.

F.E.A.R. 3 is the latest in a series of games to use an online pass to lock out content for those who don’t buy a new copy. The “F.E.A.R. Pass” unlocks two exclusive multiplayer modes called “F***ing Run!” and “Soul Survivor.” It also unlocks six maps, three for each game mode. The pass comes in all new copies of F.E.A.R. 3.

The F.E.A.R. Pass costs $9.99 on the PlayStation Network Store or 800 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live Marketplace. On Xbox 360 the download is called, “F.E.A.R. 3 First Purchaser Maps and Modes.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, FEAR3 is already $40? Damn, game must have sold like crap...[/QUOTE]

People were able to get it for 25 at during that toys r us debacle on release day. Monolith studios must've been pissed

[quote name='strait edge follower']People were able to get it for 25 at during that royal r us debacle on release day. Monolith studios must've been pissed[/QUOTE]

I believe it, lol. I did get in on that deal, lol.

I might be out of the loop but with cag16 and PUR not stacking for me and not available for in store pickup, I think I'm out for this one. I do want to get DNF though.

Honestly, these deals aren't that great. I think I'm gonna wait for Fear 3 to drop again before picking it up. Hopefully Gamestop runs a B2G1 soon, I want to pick up some used games.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']Honestly, these deals aren't that great. I think I'm gonna wait for Fear 3 to drop again before picking it up. Hopefully Gamestop runs a B2G1 soon, I want to pick up some used games.[/QUOTE]

hell yeah. I need some games to hold me over until this crazy chain of A+ games come out one after another.

[quote name='strait edge follower']People were able to get it for 25 at during that toys r us debacle on release day. Monolith studios must've been pissed[/QUOTE]

TRU mighta been pissed, but I doubt Monolith or the publisher cared. The money already made it to their hands!

I was able to score Portal 2 and F3AR from TRUs for $50. Still waiting for F3AR to arrive.
In playing Child of Eden, looks like you have to replay the levels to gain enough points or whatever, to unlock the next level. It does seem short, but very fun to play. Especially when you get into it and you just space out and play. You have to relax and go with it to score well.

in for gow3, was planning on waiting for it to drop to $10, but i guess $15 is close enough

'vship' code did not work for me, even tho i had over $25 in my cart.

Really biting my nails on CoE. $35 was easy to ignore. $30 is exponentially tougher.

Cabela's with the gun is great fun. Wish I had waited until it got cheaper, but it's a good little lightgun gallery game with that dumb attempt at using the lightgun to move in story mode

bread's done
Back