Gamestop taking Pre-Orders of 360 starting May 13

cdeener

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I found out from some employees at my local Gamestop that they will start taking Pre-orders of 360 tomorrow after the MTV special.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']who would pre-order a console they havn't had a chance to play yet?[/QUOTE]

Many, many people. I agree. I have a hard enough time coughing up money for a game I haven't played.

I don't think that they will have a price when you put the deposit down. You will just be buying a spot in the line. If you change your mind later, they will probably let you use your credit for something else.

A lot of people will preorder several copies to eBay whore at Christmas time when there are not enough to go around. Just to keep them out of the hands of the people who want them.

TBW

I just got asked today if I wanted to be the first person in Gamestop to reserve the XBox 360. Funny since that was at about noon, before the unveiling happened on the east coast.

from what I understand...eb will be taking $20 deposits and each store will have a limit on how many orders they can take.

I will have one for every room. I wonder what Sony is cooking up to compete. Competition is good. It just means another bad ass system is coming out. I know Sony can compete, but let's hope Nintendo makes something better home console-wise than they did with the DS. My DS at the moment makes for a fancy hockey puck.

I usually get every system at launch, but I didn't with the PSP and I won't with this. There's nothing I'm remotely interested in, and their "showcase" game was a joke (PDZ) despite other games having nice graphics. I'm getting PSP when Tales of Eternia is released here and Xbox 360 when that Sakaguchi/Toriyama goodness gets released; the latter should take at least a year and a half considering no screens have been revealed, only artwork.

Why would anyone preorder a system without knowing the price anyway? For all we know it could be 400 bucks.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why would anyone preorder a system without knowing the price anyway? For all we know it could be 400 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Because I really, really like games. I've always figured I pay $50-75 a year to own a system, so why not play the best games as soon as possible. I'm hardly wealthly, but this is my main hobby, so I might as well enjoy it. Now I have to find out where to pre-order it. Who knows, I might pre-order two or three just to spite those people who "really want it", but are too stubborn to pre-order something they know they are going to buy.

I was at both EB & GS this morning. EB wanted a $20 deposit and the 360 was listed at $499 in their system. GS wanted a $50 deposit.

I didn't find out about how much the system was in their system, because I left disgusted about the clerk complaining to his manager on speakerphone about how the district manager chewed his ass out for being rude to customers. His quote? "I'm nice to the fucking customers!"

EB deposit is $20 minimum. Only reason why is it $499 in the system is just for security. If we had it listed for $299.99 and we find it it's coming out for $399.99, we would have a lot of unhappy people on our hands.

Preorders will be limited for the time being. For example, my store was allocated just 26 systems.

Got my $20 deposit in at EB.. my store's only getting 35 in! :hot:

GameCrazy is starting preorders tomorrow.. but it'll be for $50! :shock:

I was told that the 360 deposit at EB will rise (possibly to $50) on Monday..

I'm just going to buy it at midnight @ WalMart. I know some one who works there and they get a %10 disscount. It worked for DS why not 360? ;)

It will totally depend on when X360 is release. If it is release in Xmas with limited supply than there might be a huge demand for it even if there isnt any good games (like PS2 and DS). If it is release in spring 06 at a high cost it might not sell well (PSP).

I was told Gamestop is getting an initial batch of 25,000 systems, after that depends on pre-order demand.

Only 16 days left :) I thought I got my Po in early(22nd), but damn Scorch got his in on the 13th, I should've paid more attention back then :cry:

bread's done
Back