Gamestop "The Deal" 1/25/10 - $10 off any game $59.99 or higher

Callandor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Use code 10DEAL at checkout to get $10 off any game priced $59.99 or higher. Code expires 1/26/10 at 11am CST.

Seems to work on preorders, and you can still get free value shipping when you checkout. Also, seems to work on multiple games in one order (tried Dante's Inferno and FF XIII, and it took $10 off of each).

(Oh, to anyone who might want to preorder Dante's Inferno with this, GS is no longer offering the figurine's with preorders.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I might use this to pre-order Battlefield Bad Company 2. Not a bad deal. Better then amazon currently, but I suppose amazon is going to match or otherwise beat this at some point.

[quote name='irollaround']Sucks that it doesn't work with instore pickup.[/QUOTE]

And no free shipping. For those anxious to get ME2, the $7 deal was better.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the figure offer for Dante? Us who originally pre-order with figure, are we still getting it or are GS not getting any at all? Anyone know?

[quote name='Cindaddy']And no free shipping. For those anxious to get ME2, the $7 deal was better.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to wait longer to save another $3+ bux (value shipping is still $0). I can't cancel because of this error when clicking "Cancel this shipment":

"The order maintenance system was unable to process your request.

Because our goal is to ship your order quickly, your order has been packaged for shipment and cannot be cancelled. Also, keep in mind if the item you ordered offers a bonus code, the order cannot be cancelled once the code is provided as stated in our website Help section and on the product page. If you have questions or still need assistance please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or you may call us toll-free at (800) 883-8895. Our hours of operation are 8:00 am - 9:00 pm (CST) Monday through Friday and 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday. Please do not send credit card information via email."

[quote name='Cindaddy']And no free shipping. For those anxious to get ME2, the $7 deal was better.[/QUOTE]

Works with SAVER, but I believe shipping is always free for value above a certain amount now.

[quote name='ChineseRcool']This sucks for anyone that just used the 7 dollars off code[/QUOTE]
not really. you only need to buy min 39.99 worth of stuff with the $7 code, no 59.99 unlike this one.

Thanks very much fo this code. Got it just in time before it expires, now question is what to spend it on?
5.gif

Well, I'm unable to cancel and reorder ME2. In that case, I better have it by Friday and play this weekend.

I was able to cancel and reorder Just Cause 2 and Red Dead Redemption. I'm more excited for those games, but I'll wait for the extra savings.

(I'm only paying GS prices because of GS credit in the first place.)

[quote name='voidedx']Well, I'm unable to cancel and reorder ME2. In that case, I better have it by Friday and play this weekend.

I was able to cancel and reorder Just Cause 2 and Red Dead Redemption. I'm more excited for those games, but I'll wait for the extra savings.

(I'm only paying GS prices because of GS credit in the first place.)[/QUOTE]

Anyone ever order a new game online and return it in-store? I'm wondering if you could buy ME2 tomorrow and then take the one you get in shipped back to the store with the in-store receipt. That way you have no waiting.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Anyone ever order a new game online and return it in-store? I'm wondering if you could buy ME2 tomorrow and then take the one you get in shipped back to the store with the in-store receipt. That way you have no waiting.[/QUOTE]

I did that with Halo 3 (got it cheap on Amazon, but got it immediately at the store). I felt a little bad for doing it. The CAG part of me says do that for every 1st day release, but the rest of me says don't.

Looks like they're running the exact same deal today, except now the Deal page says "Expires 01/27/10 at 11 AM CST."

Edit: Interesting, though, I just tried to apply it to a pre-order for Heavy Rain (which is $59.99), and got the following message:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:10DEAL - $10 off any game priced $59.99 or more. May not be combined with any other offer. Offer expires 1/26/10 at 11:59 am.
Looks like when they updated their page with the new date, they forgot to update the actual coupon.

Update: The deal is working again.

I purchased Bioshock 2. I ended up saving 3 more dollars compared to the 7 dollar deal but I'd also have to wait a couple more days.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back