"GAMESTOP" The Good, The Bad, and the Butt-Ugly!

ricoraney

CAGiversary!
The local Gamestop in my town is a mere 2 minutes from my house. This is a fairly new store and I have met all of the staff and built a good relationship with all of the guys there. So before I start venting, I am aware that all stores and staff are not alike. But what I am about to tell you next won't shock you considering their history with some of their shennanigans, but it may disturb you. This particular store has sunk to a new level.

I was searching for a copy of MGS4: LE. I looked online and some in the town next to mine. So when I got to the store, the guy that works there greets me. I ask for one of three of the copies they had in stock. This asshole told me that they were reserves. I knew better. I said to him "I thought you were only suppose to hold reserves for 48hrs." He said "Oh, well being that this is a limited edition copy we have to give them a call first" Lying ASS! I know their policies better than he does. I knew he was lying and I would have said something to him but there were too many people in the store to start some drama. I then asked could he check the store up the road. He gets on the phone and pretends like he called the store and says "Oh you guys have 3 also, they are reserves as well, ok thanks." Lying (fill in the blank)! And again, I knew he was lying.

So I made my way down to the other store that he 'so-called' phoned. When I get there, I asked the girl behind the counter did they have any copies and she said no, we don't. Hmm! So I told her "No, the guy at the other store just called here and you said you had 3 in stock" She replies, "No one called here and we haven't had any of those since the first night in which we sold out of them" This girl was more upset than I was. She explained to me that earlier that day they called that store and were put on hold for about 10 minutes, and that they never pick up the phone. She gave me the district managers telephone number and told me to call and complain about how he flat out lied and sent me on a wild goose chase.

Thanks for listening.

I've heard a lot worse... this isn't really a huge issue. If you wanted it, you should have reserved it as it was a limited edition.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Big deal, man up.[/QUOTE]
If the picture in that avatar is really you, then you need to man up. Besides I didn't know that the Amish was allowed to play video games.

[quote name='Vinny']I've heard a lot worse... this isn't really a huge issue. If you wanted it, you should have reserved it as it was a limited edition.[/QUOTE]
That is not the point, dumbass. The point is that he lied about calling the store and he lied about the policy. And no I didn't pre-order it, but so what, it is in stock. Gheez! Everybody is a tough guy online.

Anybody who's been on CAG or gaming long enough knows that GameStop tends to have a higher shithead to store ratio than other chains. The question now is did you actually call up their corporate office to vent, because it would get a lot more accomplished than only venting here.

Not saying you can't vent here, but seriously, go get the little prick in trouble.

~HotShotX

[quote name='ricoraney']That is not the point, dumbass. The point is that he lied about calling the store and he lied about the policy. And no I didn't pre-order it, but so what, it is in stock. Gheez! Everybody is a tough guy online.[/quote]

I figure you have to treat gamestop stores with about the same trust as you would a random online guy you're trying to trade with. Most of the time the trade goes well, sometimes they simply don't know how to do business and just waste your time with a bunch of half-truths and needless delay, and occasionally you get screwed.

We see a post about GS daily - I keep wondering when it's going to sink in that Gamestop has very spotty customer service.

When it comes to Gamestop, the only tales that get my interest any more are the ones that involve a GS employee stealing from the customer or the cashier's desk, or some incredible breach of etiquette (such as calling a customer an ahole)

Otherwise, just be aware that GS ain't the Four Seasons!

If we had a thread for every disgruntled Gamestop customer, the internet would not be able to handle the infinite number.

Just add it to one of the others.

I'm with you OP, that's BS. Call the district manager and explain what happened. It's bad customer service for one and a terrible business practice at that.

[quote name='ricoraney']If the picture in that avatar is really you, then you need to man up. Besides I didn't know that the Amish was allowed to play video games.[/QUOTE]

Advice, please? I'd like to learn how to man up.

[quote name='ricoraney']If the picture in that avatar is really you, then you need to man up. Besides I didn't know that the Amish was allowed to play video games.[/QUOTE]

zing!

You should have gotten your mom to get out of the van and go in there and give them a piece of her mind (and kick over the magazine rack)!

Just kidding! ;)

Definitely call the corporate phone number! You might consider talking to the manager of the store. Let them know they've got another jackass they need to fire.

When I worked at Gamestop some game releases has the longer then normal hold for reserves. Specially on high intrest items and LE ones.

Edit: Not saying he didn't lie or he's not a douche but just saying... There are some exceptions to the rule.

[quote name='refusedchaos']glitter in face and tipping over magazine racks are a essential to a GS story.[/QUOTE]

Thats gotten so old...

OP, why don't you just release a silent but deadly gas attack and do it while your moving towards the door (hopefully past the front counter). I am sure that foul stench will disrupt them for a few mins. They can't call the police because you can't arrest someone for farting and there is no way to prove that it was on purpose or accident.

bread's done
Back