Gamestop tiered trade begins Mon 10/26 up to 50% with edge card

arcurifisher

CAGiversary!
Tiered trade begins monday for at least 3 weeks.

trade 2/20% with GI 30%
trade 4/30% with GI 40%
trade 6/40% with GI 50%

Possible flipping oppurtunity with Best Buy deal this week. Def look for buy 2 get 1 used this weekend with the Best buy deal and last week of thier financial quarter. Sales are wayyyyy down.

[quote name='PixelJunky']So any word on just how confirmed this is?[/QUOTE]
Im kinda iffy about if this is real or not. There's suppose to take any games but NOT ps2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, IDK what to do then >_>. If i dont catch tommorows sale, and this one isnt true, im gonna be boned when its time to pick up my Tekken 6 LE at midnight

I'm gonna have faith on this one. I checked the OPs thread history and he has been pretty good for GS deal scoops. Good luck all!

So, are ps2 games excluded or not? I have stuff i haven't played in around three years that i wouldn't mind getting rid of.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dammit, IDK what to do then >_>. If i dont catch tommorows sale, and this one isnt true, im gonna be boned when its time to pick up my Tekken 6 LE at midnight[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I held off the Trade 4 for $20 extra credit because of this deal that's supposed to start tomorrow. So if this deal doesn't go through, I'm screwed on pre-ordering Dragon Age Origins.

I hope not, i got gyped out of the last sale because my Guitar Hero Aerosmith was worth only 2 dollars (And the limit was 2.15). Also, when i asked, the guy said trade 2 for 10%, 4 for 20%, and 6 for 40%, not sure if the Edgecard adds more, or if he was wrong.

Finally finished Batman. I can't see going back to playing it for any reason.
What a great time to get rid of it. Ebay's going rate is about $30. With this deal, that title will net me 37.50.
I guess I could finally get rid of my COD games. I'm sure MW2 will prevent me from ever going back to them.

But from what the employee told me, i think the TC was off on his prices, unless he forgot to mention an Edge Bonus, 10% for 2 Games, 20% for 4, and 40% for 6

[quote name='dgwillia006']But from what the employee told me, i think the TC was off on his prices, unless he forgot to mention an Edge Bonus, 10% for 2 Games, 20% for 4, and 40% for 6[/QUOTE]
That's generally the way the promo is worded, with Edge always stacking with promos. So the op should be correct.

[quote name='Gertle627']That's generally the way the promo is worded, with Edge always stacking with promos. So the op should be correct.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, my friend at the store quoted me the 20%/30%/40% but didn't mention the edge card. We will see tomorrow.

CONFIRMED: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

10/26 - 11/8

Trade More, Get More!

Trade in any 2, 4 or 6 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games, and get an extra 10%, 20% or 40% trade-in credit respectively.

Expires: 11/8/2009. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.

[quote name='benjamouth']Does this mean GS is going to stop taking PS2 games soon, and possibly offer deals on the ones they do have.[/QUOTE]

Probably not....It is likely more an issue that there isn't much 'new' PS2 inventory coming down the pike anymore and therefore there isn't much high revenue used PS2 inventory coming in anymore, so there is no need to include in it promotions since it will only attract low revenue games. But there are still plenty of new video game users who the PS3/360/Wii are too expensive and they are looking for cheap hardware and games for their kids. They might try to slim some of their PS2 inventory through some higher discounts with a weekly coupon or something like get 4 PS2 games $9.99 or less for $25. But as long as the PS2 is still being sold by Sony, I'd expect that GS will carry PS2 games...they'll probably carry them for a year or two after Sony stops making PS2s...That's typically what they've done with other systems, and no other system has been a big a seller as the PS2.

did any check it out? Is this everywhere or just YMMV, so the mods can close this unnecessary thread.

Looks like I'm going to trade Uncharted 2 and a bunch of sub $2 games that don't qualify for the $5 bonus.

Thanks for posting this early, I brought some games to work so I could stop by on my way home.

[quote name='RedGamer']Eh.

B2G1 at Gamestop would mean:

$55 for ODST x 2 = $110

Assume 10% tax (worst-case)

$121.

Flip for $45 each (total of 3 copies)

$135.

$14 profit. Not that awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised it's been 4 pages and no one has replied to this post.

$55.00-5.50=$49.50 each w/ EDGE Card. Total is $99.00+tax for 3. $108.90 w/ 10% Sales tax like you said would make this a $26.10 profit. Still not worth the trouble because you have to find 5 other games to go with your ODST's. I have yet to go to a GS that takes in more than one of a certain game, unless I have a friend working there who will do it for me.

[quote name='kart007k']did any check it out? Is this everywhere or just YMMV, so the mods can close this unnecessary thread.[/QUOTE]

This is definitely everywhere. The website lists it.

Does anyone know if the extra $25 trade-in console bonus is ONLY with the Edge Card or without it?

[quote name='WTFer']Does anyone know if the extra $25 trade-in console bonus is ONLY with the Edge Card or without it?[/QUOTE]

The Edge card does not apply to consoles, only to games and accessories.

bread's done
Back