GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joeshmoe']That's what I'm worried about, Fifa 11 is probably gonna go down because of Fifa 12, but l4d2 might go up. I just dont want to pass up on getting $10 extra for them and then they go down and there's no good deals for a while..Idk.

Oh and I wasn't asking another question I was just..damn it yeah I was asking another question. :)[/QUOTE]

Question inside a question :whee:
inception-poster.jpg

yeah turns out I stacked the 3/10 and 10% instead of 25% like someone mentioned.

anyway

Heavy Rain- $12
Infamous- $10
Soul Caliber 4 (PS3)- $5
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune- $9
Littlebigplanet GOTY- $10

Halo 3- $2
Sonic the Hedgehog (360)- $3
Lego Rockband (360)- $2.50

Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party- $4
Skate it (Wii)- $3
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)- $16
Wii Play (Game Only)- $2
Wii Sports- $4

Mega Man Powered Up- $3
Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP)- $4
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP)- $1
Sonic Rivals 2- $5
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai- $6

New Super Mario Bros. (DS)- $15
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass- $5
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- $3

All that came out to 198.32 which covered the cost of my 3ds and gave me $11 of store credit.

[quote name='Magicman103']yeah turns out I stacked the 3/10 and 10% instead of 25% like someone mentioned.

anyway

Heavy Rain- $12
Infamous- $10
Soul Caliber 4 (PS3)- $5
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune- $9
Littlebigplanet GOTY- $10

Halo 3- $2
Sonic the Hedgehog (360)- $3
Lego Rockband (360)- $2.50

Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party- $4
Skate it (Wii)- $3
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)- $16
Wii Play (Game Only)- $2
Wii Sports- $4

Mega Man Powered Up- $3
Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP)- $4
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP)- $1
Sonic Rivals 2- $5
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai- $6

New Super Mario Bros. (DS)- $15
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass- $5
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- $3

All that came out to 198.32 which covered the cost of my 3ds and gave me $11 of store credit.[/QUOTE]

$16 for DBZ TK3? Damn, I got my copy on clearance for $8 and I'm gonna be kinda sad to see it go, but I got some good playing time out of it. Consider it traded. :cool:

It's actually going for around the 35-50 range on Ebay, guess it's gone kinda rare, which is surprising because I was seeing it EVERYWHERE and I'd think it sold relatively well, but considering how ridiculous Ebay and shipping royalties are,... happy birthday Gamestop. :booty:

I had so much fun with BT3, I don't think I could trade it in :p

I think i'm gonna trade in Diddy Kong Racing for the DS though, the controls on it are abysmal compared to the original N64 version.

3DS Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell - $9.00
:360: Devil May Cry 4 - $2.00
:360: The Orange Box - $12.00
:360: Borderlands - $6.00
:360: Bakugan - $1.50
:ps3: Singularity - $7.00
:ps3: Heavenly Sword - $5.00
:ps3: Dante's Inferno - $6.00
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man - $2.50

Had a lot of problems and one good thing come out of this transaction. For one, I started out with 12 games, not 9. The other three were:

:ps3: Uncharted 2 - $14.00
:wii: DBZ Budokai 3 - $16.00
:360: Xbox Live Arcade Triple Pack - $0.00 ("Not in our system")

Bad news: (long story):
The Triple pack was disc only and she couldn't find it in the system, so just picked the Compilation Disc which only gave $0.60, cancelling out the 3/10 bonus on the fourth bunch. Also, Bakugan was less than $2 so that didn't work either. I didn't notice either of these until I had left the building, so I went back in to point out she'd picked the wrong game for the Triple Pack. She walked in the back to talk to her manager or whoever and came back to inform me they don't take that game anymore because "it isn't in our system." Sooo I decided to keep those other 2 since I wouldn't be getting the 3/10 bonus anyway. BUT because of Bakugan I'd already lost the third 3/10 but didn't think about it at the time, so I ended up only getting $20 extra instead of $30. SIGH

Good news:
The +40% Trade-in value with a pre-order is back. When she was done scanning everything she told me about it and grabbed a barcode sticker that was stuck to her monitor to scan. Sadly it was only like $2 extra compared to the 3/10 because of the low TIVs so I passed on it, but that's why I took back Uncharted and Budokai, I figured I'd bring them in later with some other games for the 40% bonus.

I asked how long it was going to last and she said "I think until the end of the month..." So, that's the extent of what I learned about it. There were no signs posted or anything.

They take the XBLA Triple pack (Limbo/Trials/Splosion Man). I traded it in a few weeks ago for $8. I suspect she just didn't use the right words to look it up manually. It's listed on their website as "Xbox 360 Triple Pack"... maybe next time suggest looking it up with a keyword of "Triple".

[quote name='Luuc']

Good news:
The +40% Trade-in value with a pre-order is back. When she was done scanning everything she told me about it and grabbed a barcode sticker that was stuck to her monitor to scan. Sadly it was only like $2 extra compared to the 3/10 because of the low TIVs so I passed on it, but that's why I took back Uncharted and Budokai, I figured I'd bring them in later with some other games for the 40% bonus.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm interesting

Lets say I trade in
$40 worth of games + the 40% extra, and pre-order a 3DS game for $40, would I get to keep the extra amount in my account or would I have to put the remaining amount down on another pre-order too?

And does the 40% apply to each game being traded in? And is the Powerup Pro 10% extra applied to the base trade in price or the price after the 40% extra offer?

God damn does Gamestop make this confusing..

I just traded in the triple pack an hour ago. She was just stupid and didn't know how to look it up.

:360:
Halo Wars - $11
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - $7
XBLA Triple Pack (Trials, Limbo, Splosion Man) - $8

:wii:
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $25

[quote name='xskaxninjax']

:wii:
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $25[/QUOTE]

Woah, why'd you trade in the MP trilogy? Isn't that thing one of the rarer games that have came out in a while? I would have saved it..

[quote name='joeshmoe']Hmm interesting

Lets say I trade in
$40 worth of games + the 40% extra, and pre-order a 3DS game for $40, would I get to keep the extra amount in my account or would I have to put the remaining amount down on another pre-order too?

And does the 40% apply to each game being traded in? And is the Powerup Pro 10% extra applied to the base trade in price or the price after the 40% extra offer?

God damn does Gamestop make this confusing..[/QUOTE]

You can actually just put $5 down and keep the rest on your card, or use it for something right there at the time of the trade-in. The bonus TIV is just for making any pre-order, the amount put on it doesn't matter.

The 40% applies to every game, and does stack with the PUR 10%, making it 50% extra trade-in (which is awesome).

Ugh and that sucks about the Triple Pack, I'll just trade it in to a different Gamestop this week lol. Whatever works.

[quote name='Luuc']You can actually just put $5 down and keep the rest on your card, or use it for something right there at the time of the trade-in. The bonus TIV is just for making any pre-order, the amount put on it doesn't matter.
[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. This works perfectly then, thanks!

[quote name='joeshmoe']Woah, why'd you trade in the MP trilogy? Isn't that thing one of the rarer games that have came out in a while? I would have saved it..[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I just quoted it for now. It's not going for as much as I'd hoped on eBay right now, at about $50-$60 for a used copy, so I may trade it in in the future. I doubt the value will go down much, but I wanted to know what it was at right now. If there's a 50% bonus anytime soon, I may trade in just the disc.

[quote name='Luuc']You can actually just put $5 down and keep the rest on your card, or use it for something right there at the time of the trade-in. The bonus TIV is just for making any pre-order, the amount put on it doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

This is YMMV. I've had multiple stores tell me the entire value of my trade-in has to go towards the pre-order. Furthermore, one of those stores told me even any roll-over has to go on an additional pre-order (while the rest let me keep the roll-over). While the way you said has worked in the past, GS has been cutting down recently on this.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I didn't. I just quoted it for now. It's not going for as much as I'd hoped on eBay right now, at about $50-$60 for a used copy, so I may trade it in in the future. I doubt the value will go down much, but I wanted to know what it was at right now. If there's a 50% bonus anytime soon, I may trade in just the disc.

[/QUOTE]

Ah okay. Still, I guarantee this game will go up by a lot in about 3-4 years, it'll probably be (along with the mario anniversary collection) the two most expensive wii games.

[quote name='Luuc']

Good news:

I asked how long it was going to last and she said "I think until the end of the month..." So, that's the extent of what I learned about it. There were no signs posted or anything.[/QUOTE]

I just called about this and the lady said that they don't know about this offer, she said she knew about the 25% bonus coupon for Powerup Rewards, but not the 40% offer. Is this offer gonna be sent to stores soon? Any info would help since I plan on going tomorrow to trade some stuff in, and would make $8 more if I would be able to do the 40% deal instead of the 25%.

[quote name='joeshmoe']I just called about this and the lady said that they don't know about this offer, she said she knew about the 25% bonus coupon for Powerup Rewards, but not the 40% offer. Is this offer gonna be sent to stores soon? Any info would help since I plan on going tomorrow to trade some stuff in, and would make $8 more if I would be able to do the 40% deal instead of the 25%.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea... like I said, all I know is what the chick at the store told me. Maybe it's a store-by-store thing? Maybe she was horribly confused? I don't know. :roll:

[quote name='Luuc']I have no idea... like I said, all I know is what the chick at the store told me. Maybe it's a store-by-store thing? Maybe she was horribly confused? I don't know. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe, I remember the lady said something about the deal being older. I don't see why they would start this deal when they just initiated the 25% extra coupon this week. Oh well, I might still use the coupon. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='Luuc']3DS Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell - $9.00
:360: Devil May Cry 4 - $2.00
:360: The Orange Box - $12.00
:360: Borderlands - $6.00
:360: Bakugan - $1.50
:ps3: Singularity - $7.00
:ps3: Heavenly Sword - $5.00
:ps3: Dante's Inferno - $6.00
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man - $2.50

Had a lot of problems and one good thing come out of this transaction. For one, I started out with 12 games, not 9. The other three were:

:ps3: Uncharted 2 - $14.00
:wii: DBZ Budokai 3 - $16.00
:360: Xbox Live Arcade Triple Pack - $0.00 ("Not in our system")

Bad news: (long story):
The Triple pack was disc only and she couldn't find it in the system, so just picked the Compilation Disc which only gave $0.60, cancelling out the 3/10 bonus on the fourth bunch. Also, Bakugan was less than $2 so that didn't work either. I didn't notice either of these until I had left the building, so I went back in to point out she'd picked the wrong game for the Triple Pack. She walked in the back to talk to her manager or whoever and came back to inform me they don't take that game anymore because "it isn't in our system." Sooo I decided to keep those other 2 since I wouldn't be getting the 3/10 bonus anyway. BUT because of Bakugan I'd already lost the third 3/10 but didn't think about it at the time, so I ended up only getting $20 extra instead of $30. SIGH

Good news:

I asked how long it was going to last and she said "I think until the end of the month..." So, that's the extent of what I learned about it. There were no signs posted or anything.[/QUOTE]
Odd, they had a hard time looking upt he triple pack with me too. Did you ask them to search XBLA, Triple Pack, and did you try naming the individual titles?? I think in my GS it was like "XBLA Limbo, Trials, Splosio" or something like that. And I hope this 40% thing is valid, I bought $10 copies of Fear 3 and Killzone 3 that would be an easy flip.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Odd, they had a hard time looking upt he triple pack with me too. Did you ask them to search XBLA, Triple Pack, and did you try naming the individual titles?? I think in my GS it was like "XBLA Limbo, Trials, Splosio" or something like that. And I hope this 40% thing is valid, I bought $10 copies of Fear 3 and Killzone 3 that would be an easy flip.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I would really like to know where you got F3AR and Killzone 3 for $10. If you don't want to post it on the page, PLEASE, PLEASE PM me. In fact, I'm going to PM you ths thing right now too.

You guys think I should trade in LA noire? I thought it was really boring, and the only reason I would get it again someday is just for the trophies. Being a Rockstar game it shouldn't be that much after a while right?

I traded in a ps3 tonight to get a new one. The associate scanned some barcode that took $50 off the new system. He said they were doing this now instead of giving the $50 bonus credit. I had no idea about the pricedrop so I didn't object since I figured it would save me money on tax that way. Now I guess I need to go back tomorrow and try to get my extra $50 back but something tells me I'm probably screwed.

I forgot to mention I got $100 for the 80gb ps3 system with 4 USB ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mastere333']I traded in a ps3 tonight to get a new one. The associate scanned some barcode that took $50 off the new system. He said they were doing this now instead of giving the $50 bonus credit. I had no idea about the pricedrop so I didn't object since I figured it would save me money on tax that way. Now I guess I need to go back tomorrow and try to get my extra $50 back but something tells me I'm probably screwed.[/QUOTE]

wow it sounds like you got scammed or something o.0

[quote name='joeshmoe']You guys think I should trade in LA noire? I thought it was really boring, and the only reason I would get it again someday is just for the trophies. Being a Rockstar game it shouldn't be that much after a while right?[/QUOTE]

I ended up blowing $20 at Redbox on this game. I didn't really care for the game and played it mostly for 100%. The tech kept me interested the whole time, but it seemed to drag. Luckily the DLC varies a bit from the main game.

[quote name='advanced']Alan Wake - 360 - $5

Glad it could pay for my preorder of Dead Island, otherwise I'd be upset I got that POS.[/QUOTE]

LOL! That game had so much internet hype, too.

[quote name='Magicman103']yeah turns out I stacked the 3/10 and 10% instead of 25% like someone mentioned.

anyway

Heavy Rain- $12[/QUOTE]

Man, I want this game so bad. It hurts knowing people are trading it in for this low.

How the hell can anyone not like Alan wake? I thought it was brilliant.

Anyway,all for 360 on 8/16.
Singularity $7
Dantes inferno $7
Risen $3
Kungfu panda/Lego indiana jones $2
Far cry 2 $2
Fallout 3 $3

[quote name='NSYNC']LOL! That game had so much internet hype, too.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I only got it as the free game in a B2G1 sale and it got shelf rot. Started playing it the other day, got to the lighthouse and turned it off. The controls were horrible and the story, up to that part, was pretty asinine. This is coming from a superhero comic book reader too.

[quote name='Vap']How the hell can anyone not like Alan wake? I thought it was brilliant. [/QUOTE]

Great thing about video games, and life in general: Opinions are unique to the individual. I can love something you absolutely hate and vice versa.

[quote name='advanced']Tell me about it. I only got it as the free game in a B2G1 sale and it got shelf rot. Started playing it the other day, got to the lighthouse and turned it off. The controls were horrible and the story, up to that part, was pretty asinine. This is coming from a superhero comic book reader too.

Great thing about video games, and life in general: Opinions are unique to the individual. I can love something you absolutely hate and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

True. Can't argue with that.

Isn't the light house only like 10 mins into the game and kinda before you actually get to play the game and more just story telling up to that point?

Yeah...there isn't even an actual storyline yet at that point. I mean, if you don't like a game, that's fine...but you should at least give it a fair chance. You know, maybe past the tutorial.

[quote name='Vap']How the hell can anyone not like Alan wake? I thought it was brilliant.

Anyway,all for 360 on 8/16.
Singularity $7
Dantes inferno $7
Risen $3
Kungfu panda/Lego indiana jones $2
Far cry 2 $2
Fallout 3 $3[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is one of the games I got for $5 during a Blockbuster sale earlier this year, and I played about 10 minutes just to make sure it worked, and no matter how long it sits in my backlog I will not trade it in because I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.

Alan Wake was amazing, I loved that game. Also, getting to the lighthouse was in the first like 5 minutes of the game. That's like me not liking a movie because of the crappy trailers.

And,
Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Xbox360 $17 on 8/16/11

All this talk of Alan Wake makes me want to play it. I bought last year at K-mart and never touched it. I eventually traded it in when I needed a new xbox 360 and by some twist of fate, the new system I bought came with voucher for the downloadable version of the game.

I've heard really good things from Alan Wake from a friend, will be sure to keep an eye out for it along with Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey when I go trade in some games.

I agree with the Alan Wake talk as well. I rented it from GameFly and in the entire 2 years I've been a member, it stands tall as my absolute favorite rental. A thrilling ride from beginning to end.

I like most people who played the game will vouch that Alan Wake is a great game. I played it for a good 2 weeks straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back