GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
:360: Dance Central saw a big increase to $25 base TIV, up from $17 in the list and TIV database (which I updated).

Traded it in towards L.A. Noire and received $33.75 after PUR and 25% bonus. Game is $30 at BB this week and includes a token for 240 msp.

I want to trade in my 360 controller, but I wonder if they dropped the value bc of the promotion? anybody trade one in since yesterday? I tried calling, and not getting anyone answering, lamesauce.

[quote name='joseraul']5/11/11

:360: Bad Company 2 - $15

:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - $23

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $25[/QUOTE]

Is that the Ultimate Edition trade-in price?

TIV from today

:360:

Cars: Race O Rama - $8
Overlord - $2
NBA Ballers - $2
Borderlands - $6
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 - $6

:ps3:

LittleBigPlanet - $9

:ps2:

Dual Shock 2 Controller - $2
Fat PS2 System - $20

:ds:
DS Carry Case - $0.50

:360:
Xbox 360 A/V Cable - $1.00

:wii:
Wii AV Cable - $1.75
Nunchuk - $5.00

They apparently do not take the Wii stand any more. Not sure if this is at every store.

:ds: guitar Hero Decades On Tour w/Accessory $2.50
:wii: Super Swing Golf Season 2 $2
:360: Dance Central $25
:ps3: Infamous $12

I now have 2 copies of L.A. Noire on pre-order paid off from credit and another one 1/2 paid off due to the Trade 2 for $50 deal from before and the now 25% bonus.

BASE TIV from yesterday (5/13)

Clash of the Titans - $9
Dante's Inferno - $7
Hellboy - $2
Greg Hastings' Paintball 2 - $5
Monster Madness - $1
Nier - $7
Qubed- $2

All except Monster Madness qualified for the 3/$10.

Wolfenstein (PS3) $6
Deal or no deal 2011 SE (Wii) $5
GOW ghost of sparta (PSP) $10
GTA san andreas (PS2) $8
Got $39 Total....PUR expired :( On a plus side i got a 20% off coupon for future use since the store is closing.

Also quotes -
MAG $5
Nier (PS3) $7

[quote name='AshesofWake']360 Controller: $7.75

Base, looks like they dropped the value for this promo. sigh.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what, wired or wireless??

Becuase I just got $11 for a wireless one at 6:20 PM Pacific (today - May 14th). Note that was about 45 minutes after your post, so something's amiss here... If that was a wired controller, the quote in the OP is $9.50 but it is from last October.

Base values:
- 360 wireless controller: $11
- HDMI cable: $4

$24 after 50% bonus and PUR - not bad at all.

They also said my PUR was expiring next month and asked if I wanted to renew - I said I'd wait till next month then...

Cleaned out my closet, found some of my sisters MANY old games, and took them to GS to trade in, giving her what the trade in would have been for in Cash and putting the credit towards L.A Noire, taking advantage of the extra 25%. Doing business.

All prices base.

:wii:

Thrillville: Off the Rails- $3

:ds:

Nintendogs: Dachshund - $7
Sonic Rush - $4
Scribblenauts - $4
Drawn To Life - $2.5

After promos, $33.92. Good stuff. Everyone wins.

[quote name='io']Wait, what, wired or wireless??

Becuase I just got $11 for a wireless one at 6:20 PM Pacific (today - May 14th). Note that was about 45 minutes after your post, so something's amiss here... If that was a wired controller, the quote in the OP is $9.50 but it is from last October.

Base values:
- 360 wireless controller: $11
- HDMI cable: $4

$24 after 50% bonus and PUR - not bad at all.

They also said my PUR was expiring next month and asked if I wanted to renew - I said I'd wait till next month then...[/QUOTE]

WOW. I just looked at my receipt and they gave me credit for a wired controller not a wireless. I should have known to just walk out when the guy straight up asked me if the wireless controller i gave him was wired or wireless.

My fault. I should have double checked and honestly not gone to trade in anything at all at Gamestop. I haven't traded in there for a long time, my mistake of thinking I wouldn't have any trouble for once. sigh, oh well....lesson learned finally this time. Farewell finally Gamestop.

EDIT: I can't go back and fix this can I? there's no proof or anything i traded in a wireless controller is there? sigh, oh well, its only a couple of bucks.

[quote name='AshesofWake']WOW. I just looked at my receipt and they gave me credit for a wired controller not a wireless. I should have known to just walk out when the guy straight up asked me if the wireless controller i gave him was wired or wireless.

My fault. I should have double checked and honestly not gone to trade in anything at all at Gamestop. I haven't traded in there for a long time, my mistake of thinking I wouldn't have any trouble for once. sigh, oh well....lesson learned finally this time. Farewell finally Gamestop.

EDIT: I can't go back and fix this can I? there's no proof or anything i traded in a wireless controller is there? sigh, oh well, its only a couple of bucks.[/QUOTE]

You need to go back and get those bucks, on principle alone. We are all here to save a few bucks, and you lost out on some. Stop by as soon as you can.

On GameStop, I always say it depends on the store. Some I always end up saying the same thing- never going again, while others I spend hours in and feel like I'm among friends. I feel it as a YMMV thing.

[quote name='Sonne']You need to go back and get those bucks, on principle alone. We are all here to save a few bucks, and you lost out on some. Stop by as soon as you can.

On GameStop, I always say it depends on the store. Some I always end up saying the same thing- never going again, while others I spend hours in and feel like I'm among friends. I feel it as a YMMV thing.[/QUOTE]

yeah definitely. I have 4 different gamestops I go to because all of them annoy me on different levels and inventory....sigh...

These prices are everything before the insane credits I was thrown my way. Yes, I went through the receipt and subtracted all of the discounts because I love you guys.

PS3
LittleBigPlanet - 9
Portal 2 – 23
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes – 12
Eternal Sonata – 10
Dark Sector – 1.50
LittleBigPlanet 2 – 25
The Shoot - 11
Heavy Rain - 15
Darksiders – 7
Infamous – 12

Xbox 360
Battlefield Bad Company – 1
Call of Duty Black Ops – 22
Tiger Woods 2011 – 8
BFBC 2 – 15
Blitz the League II - 7
Army of Two: 40th Day – 7
Left 4 Dead – 6
Splinter Cell: DA – 1
Left 4 Dead 2 – 12
Blur – 8
Stuntman: Ignition – 1.50
NBA Jam – 15
Call of Duty: MW – 6
Fallout 3 GOTY – 8
X-Men Origins: Wolverine – 4
Conan – 1
Wanted: Weapons of Fate – 4
Call of Duty 3 – 4
Dead Rising – 2
Pure – 0.50
Call of Duty: WoW – 9
Orange Box – 12
Assassin’s Creed – 1.5
Assassin’s Creed 2 – 5
AC: Brotherhood – 12
Red Dead Redemption – 10
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter – 0.50
Mercenaries 2: World on Flames – 1.50
DOA 4 – 3
Prototype – 5
Fight Night Round 4 – 3
Call of Duty 2 - 3

All that came out to $466.40 in store credit in which I used to purchase a new Nintendo 3DS, Super Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS, Legend of Zelda OoT paid off, LA Noire paid off, renewed my PowerUp subscription, and still have 60 bucks or so left over.

Today was a good day.

went back to see if i could fix the mistake on my controller. no dice. nobody was there from yesterday and yeah...oh well.. again lesson learned to double check before I leave the store. only a few bux anyways.

Most impressive, Kryptinite. There were some games there that I could never part with though, like Left 4 Dead 2.

Sucks Ashes, I guess one more try maybe? Call customer service?

And another thing, has anyone else been getting texts/calls from their store about L.A Noire? Mine has been to tell me about the midnight release, and how to go about it since it's at another store. Not sure if I'm going to go, I have golf class in the morning.

Figured I'd ask in here: If you pre-order something you can still get your money back after the game comes out right? I absent mindedly pre-ordered Brink cuz the Doom pack looked cool, but I've got no interest in the game now.

Just got back from a trade in. I don't do this ever but I figured I would jump on the bonus $10 promo.

XBOX 360
Burnout Paradise - 7
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - 6
Halo Wars - 11

[quote name='Sonne']Most impressive, Kryptinite. There were some games there that I could never part with though, like Left 4 Dead 2.

[/QUOTE]

It was hard but most of those games I either beat or will never play again. Left 4 Dead 2 was a last minute decision but I remembered my buddy hooked me up with a copy on Steam. So i can still get my zombie fix in.

[quote name='Kryptinite']These prices are everything before the insane credits I was thrown my way. Yes, I went through the receipt and subtracted all of the discounts because I love you guys.

PS3
LittleBigPlanet - 9
Portal 2 – 23
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes – 12
Eternal Sonata – 10
Dark Sector – 1.50
LittleBigPlanet 2 – 25
The Shoot - 11
Heavy Rain - 15
Darksiders – 7
Infamous – 12

Xbox 360
Battlefield Bad Company – 1
Call of Duty Black Ops – 22
Tiger Woods 2011 – 8
BFBC 2 – 15
Blitz the League II - 7
Army of Two: 40th Day – 7
Left 4 Dead – 6
Splinter Cell: DA – 1
Left 4 Dead 2 – 12
Blur – 8
Stuntman: Ignition – 1.50
NBA Jam – 15
Call of Duty: MW – 6
Fallout 3 GOTY – 8
X-Men Origins: Wolverine – 4
Conan – 1
Wanted: Weapons of Fate – 4
Call of Duty 3 – 4
Dead Rising – 2
Pure – 0.50
Call of Duty: WoW – 9
Orange Box – 12
Assassin’s Creed – 1.5
Assassin’s Creed 2 – 5
AC: Brotherhood – 12
Red Dead Redemption – 10
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter – 0.50
Mercenaries 2: World on Flames – 1.50
DOA 4 – 3
Prototype – 5
Fight Night Round 4 – 3
Call of Duty 2 - 3

All that came out to $466.40 in store credit in which I used to purchase a new Nintendo 3DS, Super Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS, Legend of Zelda OoT paid off, LA Noire paid off, renewed my PowerUp subscription, and still have 60 bucks or so left over.

Today was a good day.[/QUOTE]
you got a lot of credit, but you could have easily sold those games for more on craigslist and had buyers. yeah, it's a little more tedious but would have been worth it. some of those sub $5 you traded in that are $1-1.50, you could have sold for 5 bucks each. brotherhood, heavy rain, WAW are $20 TIV each at best buy, 60 right their to pay off LA NOIRE, Red dead redemption is also $20 TIV best buy, 80, right their, black ops is $30 TIV best buy, $110 right their, portal 2 is $30 TIV best buy, $140 so far, LBP 2 $30 TIV BB, $170, NBA jam $25 TIV, $195 total at BB. the rest games should have gone to craigslist or now to gamestop to stack the $10 for 3.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']you got a lot of credit, but you could have easily sold those games for more on craigslist and had buyers. yeah, it's a little more tedious but would have been worth it. some of those sub $5 you traded in that are $1-1.50, you could have sold for 5 bucks each. brotherhood, heavy rain, WAW are $20 TIV each at best buy, 60 right their to pay off LA NOIRE, Red dead redemption is also $20 TIV best buy, 80, right their, black ops is $30 TIV best buy, $110 right their, portal 2 is $30 TIV best buy, $140 so far, LBP 2 $30 TIV BB, $170, NBA jam $25 TIV, $195 total at BB. the rest games should have gone to craigslist or now to gamestop to stack the $10 for 3.[/QUOTE]

Oh I totally agree but I have no patience for craigslist anymore. I know I got screwed out a few bucks here and there but being the cheap ass gamer that I am, I made "money" on this deal. I think the most I paid for any of those games is maybe 40 bucks for LittleBigPlanet 2. Everything else was either Target clearance or some other type of sale.

Never pay retail.

[quote name='Kryptinite']Oh I totally agree but I have no patience for craigslist anymore. I know I got screwed out a few bucks here and there but being the cheap ass gamer that I am, I made "money" on this deal. I think the most I paid for any of those games is maybe 40 bucks for LittleBigPlanet 2. Everything else was either Target clearance or some other type of sale.

Never pay retail.[/QUOTE]
yeah, but you should have best buy for the newer games with $30 TIV at BB and bought the 3DS from their or LA Noire, because of the $15 with La Noire. I understand the games with low value get the +10 per 3. Use BB for new release trade in's until they learn other wise.
EDIT: Sorry man, I feel a little mad GS gave you low values for your games, almost want to get the games back and use BB to give you credit!

[quote name='Donutkid2222']you got a lot of credit, but you could have easily sold those games for more on craigslist and had buyers. yeah, it's a little more tedious but would have been worth it. some of those sub $5 you traded in that are $1-1.50, you could have sold for 5 bucks each. brotherhood, heavy rain, WAW are $20 TIV each at best buy, 60 right their to pay off LA NOIRE, Red dead redemption is also $20 TIV best buy, 80, right their, black ops is $30 TIV best buy, $110 right their, portal 2 is $30 TIV best buy, $140 so far, LBP 2 $30 TIV BB, $170, NBA jam $25 TIV, $195 total at BB. the rest games should have gone to craigslist or now to gamestop to stack the $10 for 3.[/QUOTE]
Doing some quick math of the 8 titles you listed. Including the 10% pur and adding 27 dollars (2 groups of 3 and an extra 7 for the 2 alone which probably would have gotten paired somehow on that big ole hot mess) I came up with 172 dollars. This is all quick math so plus or minus 3-5 dollars. Personally I would take a 23 dollar hit for the ease of 1 stop. Also 195 isn't really enough for a 3ds anyway so he would have had to pay some out of pocket.

Normally I would agree with you and of trading 1-2 newer games I usually just use best buy but for such a big bulk trade like that just going all in at gamestop is probably a better choice. Not to mention gamestop probably processed all of ghat faster than bestbuy would have taken on those 8 games alone.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']yeah, but you should have best buy for the newer games with $30 TIV at BB and bought the 3DS from their or LA Noire, because of the $15 with La Noire. I understand the games with low value get the +10 per 3. Use BB for new release trade in's until they learn other wise.
EDIT: Sorry man, I feel a little mad GS gave you low values for your games, almost want to get the games back and use BB to give you credit![/QUOTE]

Yeah I usually avoid GS but I let my addiction to new stuff get the best of me. If I ever lose my mind again like this, I'll be a little more patient.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Doing some quick math of the 8 titles you listed. Including the 10% pur and adding 27 dollars (2 groups of 3 and an extra 7 for the 2 alone which probably would have gotten paired somehow on that big ole hot mess) I came up with 172 dollars. This is all quick math so plus or minus 3-5 dollars. Personally I would take a 23 dollar hit for the ease of 1 stop. Also 195 isn't really enough for a 3ds anyway so he would have had to pay some out of pocket.[/QUOTE]
his purchase of LA Noire and the 3DS games he wanted would have been more then enough, a $15 GF from BB for buying LA, subtract the credit ahead of time to limit the games the he would trade in at BB, just enough for LA and 3d games. The rest bigger TIV should stay at GS. some of the games he has that are 1-5 are a easy $5-10 on craigslist, believe me a easy 15 for AC2, 10 for AC 1. Had he wanted, he could have sold LBP 2, Portal 2 for $40 each on craigslist. Red Dead for $25-30 on cl. Believe, if Craigslist if your patient which I understand he wasn't can equal a big pay off on different transaction. I bought 2 Halo Reach Legendary editions from GS for $20 each (massive price glitch) and made $150, the $40 to pay for the Halo LE's were from other games I sold. I sold the statue, game, helmet codes all separate to different people.

Let's take 3 of his higher TIV games from GS, Portal 2 $23, Heavy Rain $15, LBP $25 + 10 = $73. BB 30 + 30 + 20 = $80, 7 difference, 7 is big in terms of credit.
Now COD BO $22, Red Dead $10, AC: B $12 + 10 = 54 GS, BB 30 + 20 + 20 = $ 70 BB, 16 difference + 7 before = 23 lost credit from GS. $150 BB $127 GS just from 6 games. 127 + 10 % GS member = 139, 11 difference, however reserved for his later trades. the $9 value for WAW makes me want to slap GS in the, +20 in BB now, now $170, now add NBA Jam +25 = 195. I'm sure he could have made $10 AC 1, $15 AC 2 on top of that from CL. heck, I would have given him $20 for Brotherhood if he lived in Southern California. The stack of three's makes sense on those lower ones. I don't think its good to take a $23 loss, he could get a good $19.99 game.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']his purchase of LA Noire and the 3DS games he wanted would have been more then enough, a $15 GF from BB for buying LA, subtract the credit ahead of time to limit the games the he would trade in at BB, just enough for LA and 3d games. The rest bigger TIV should stay at GS. some of the games he has that are 1-5 are a easy $5-10 on craigslist, believe me a easy 15 for AC2, 10 for AC 1. Had he wanted, he could have sold LBP 2, Portal 2 for $40 each on craigslist. Red Dead for $25-30 on cl. Believe, if Craigslist if your patient which I understand he wasn't can equal a big pay off on different transaction. I bought 2 Halo Reach Legendary editions from GS for $20 each (massive price glitch) and made $150, the $40 to pay for the Halo LE's were from other games I sold. I sold the statue, game, helmet codes all separate to different people.

Let's take 3 of his higher TIV games from GS, Portal 2 $23, Heavy Rain $15, LBP $25 + 10 = $73. BB 30 + 30 + 20 = $80, 7 difference, 7 is big in terms of credit.
Now COD BO $22, Red Dead $10, AC: B $12 + 10 = 54 GS, BB 30 + 20 + 20 = $ 70 BB, 16 difference + 7 before = 23 lost credit from GS. $150 BB $127 GS just from 6 games. 127 + 10 % GS member = 139, 11 difference, however reserved for his later trades. the $9 value for WAW makes me want to slap GS in the, +20 in BB now, now $170, now add NBA Jam +25 = 195. I'm sure he could have made $10 AC 1, $15 AC 2 on top of that from CL. heck, I would have given him $20 for Brotherhood if he lived in Southern California. The stack of three's makes sense on those lower ones. I don't think its good to take a $23 loss, he could get a good $19.99 game.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had more options for trading games. My best buy doesn't even do trade ins yet.

[quote name='Vap']I wish I had more options for trading games. My best buy doesn't even do trade ins yet.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you do Best Buy online trade in? Sure it would take an extra week to get your gift card, but it's worth it.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Couldn't you do Best Buy online trade in? Sure it would take an extra week to get your gift card, but it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess I could, but I'm still not to excited about shipping my games out. I guess I'm just a little paranoid.

[quote name='Vap']Yeah I guess I could, but I'm still not to excited about shipping my games out. I guess I'm just a little paranoid.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy pays for shipping and you can write down the tracking number before you send it if you are worried about it getting lost.

For what it's worth... trading in all of those at Gamestop earned him 9328 PUR points. He also earned 2500 for buying the 3DS. He also earned some for the other games he purchased, however it's hard to exactly say since I don't know their prices or if they were used or new. Either way, he earned somewhere over 12,000 PUR points. Those 12k are equivalent to $15 off pre-owned games. And, of course, better deals if he waits to use them for steals of the week.

He could've gotten more elsewhere with some time and effort, sure... but don't forget to add in an extra $20 or so in credit for the points he earned.

I can't print the coupon yet, keeps going to the stupid gears of war coupon but it says the new steal of the week for PUR is a 50% extra trade in credit towards LA NOIRE for 1000 points.

I was thinking of picking this up at kmart instead, but could I trade stuff in today to get the bonus and just go in later and cancel and get full credit back or have they caught on to this yet?

On my powerup page it says the steal of the week is 50% trade in for 1000 points. Rewards page hasn't updated it yet though.

edit:towards LA Noire

[quote name='tombo85']On my powerup page it says the steal of the week is 50% trade in for 1000 points. Rewards page hasn't updated it yet though.

edit:towards LA Noire[/QUOTE]

i got a 40% trade in coupon just by walking in the store...you might want to check your store and see if they have any of the coupons and just save the 1000 points...

[quote name='tombo85']On my powerup page it says the steal of the week is 50% trade in for 1000 points. Rewards page hasn't updated it yet though.

edit:towards LA Noire[/QUOTE]

It is up now but it says it is sold out. I'm like wtf, how can a coupon be sold out?!

[quote name='jj5206']i got a 40% bonus coupon just by walking in the store...you might want to check your store and see if they have any of the coupons and just save the 1000 points...[/QUOTE]

Is it just a free bonus or do you have to apply it towards something specific

[quote name='clawber']Is it just a free bonus or do you have to apply it towards something specific[/QUOTE]

sorry i forgot to put in "trade in"...it is for 40% bonus on anything trade in towards L.A. Noire. And I didn't do anything special to get it, i paid off my preorder for Duke Nukem and pre-ordered Earth Defense Force and we started talking about L.A. Noire and he gave me a coupon and told me to trade in anything for it and i'll get 40%...

[quote name='FaintDeftone']It is up now but it says it is sold out. I'm like wtf, how can a coupon be sold out?![/QUOTE]

The coupon works again, I just bought it.

Was in the area today, went in and got a few quotes.

All :ps3:

Bioshock 2: $2
Red Faction Guerilla: $4
Shaun White Snowboarding: $3

Bioshock 2 dropped pretty hard.

[quote name='Trace17']Was in the area today, went in and got a few quotes.

All :ps3:

Bioshock 2: $2
Red Faction Guerilla: $4
Shaun White Snowboarding: $3

Bioshock 2 dropped pretty hard.[/QUOTE]

well they're selling it for $8 used now, and had dropped the limited editions to $30, so it was expected.

Just got back from GS using the 50% more coupon to reserve L.A. Confidential for tonight's midnight release -

Traded in these, with value after coupon

Bioshock - $4.13 (meh, have it on PC ... terrible price but it was padding)
Little Big Planet 2 - $41.25 (sweet ... couldn't have sold it on CL for more)
Infamous - $19.80 (paid $10 at BB last week)

All in all, feeling pretty good ... paid .36 for L.A. Noire and I can grab that exclusive DLC tonight!

Never realized how much I utilized the TIV tracker page. Inputting values into the database takes quite a bit longer. Working on updating values for the past couple days.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']well they're selling it for $8 used now, and had dropped the limited editions to $30, so it was expected.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, didn't know that. Makes more sense then.

[quote name='etcrane']Just got back from GS using the 50% more coupon to reserve L.A. Confidential for tonight's midnight release -[/QUOTE]

The movie is great, maybe you should check out L.A. Noire tomorrow! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back