GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I went to powerup rewards site and it says I have 0 points and 0 lifetime points. I should have 27,000 current points and like 65,000 lifetime. Anyone else having this glitch?

UPDATE: I just called up customer service. Apparently, they are doing some type of server update so that is why people might show 0 points.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Umm...not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I went to powerup rewards site and it says I have 0 points and 0 lifetime points. I should have 27,000 current points and like 65,000 lifetime. Anyone else having this glitch?[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Umm...not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I went to powerup rewards site and it says I have 0 points and 0 lifetime points. I should have 27,000 current points and like 65,000 lifetime. Anyone else having this glitch?

UPDATE: I just called up customer service. Apparently, they are doing some type of server update so that is why people might show 0 points.[/QUOTE]

wtf, 65,000?? Surely you can cash that in for a handsome powerup reward.

[quote name='Staraang21']wtf, 65,000?? Surely you can cash that in for a handsome powerup reward.[/QUOTE]

I only have 27,000 currently. I'm holding out for a good weekly coupon special.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I only have 27,000 currently. I'm holding out for a good weekly coupon special.[/QUOTE]

i see. so what's the best way to maximize yield from your PUR points? i guess i'm looking for an example of what you're talking about.

I find PUR to be the reason I actually started going back to Gamestop again. The points don't add up that quickly, and yeah, you don't get anything that great, but they definitely are a huge benefit.

I basically see it as 4k points = $5 in pre-owned credit, which is essentially how it checks out. Of course you can buy the coupons in bigger increments.

Most rewards programs through credit cards, mycokerewards, etc. make it so getting physical items costs a lot of points... but surprisingly, Gamestop's aren't bad. They have some cool shirts, hats, wallets, and even a sick Zelda belt buckle for barely more than $10 worth of points.

Of course, I save most of mine to buy the $x-off coupons or good weekly deals, but I did pick up the one cheap Donkey Kong shirt for 4200 points. Just a little more than $5 in points with free shipping = not bad in my book.

[quote name='Staraang21']i see. so what's the best way to maximize yield from your PUR points? i guess i'm looking for an example of what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

I think the best way is to check out their "steal of the week" promotion. Most of the time it is hideous, but sometimes it really is a good deal. As for the normal everyday rewards, I think the $25 off a system for 15,000 is nice as well as the $10 off a used game for 8,000.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I think the best way is to check out their "steal of the week" promotion. Most of the time it is hideous, but sometimes it really is a good deal. As for the normal everyday rewards, I think the $25 off a system for 15,000 is nice as well as the $10 off a used game for 8,000.[/QUOTE]

good to know, thanks. looks like i have 12,000 points myself after all the trade-ins and PS3 purchase.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh, i thought they were all the same code. I wouldnt want to take yours, so i'll wait and see if i end up getting it later today or something[/QUOTE]

I used my coupon today and it worked fine, so I don't see a problem in posting the coupon code... if it's the same as HakurenKyo06's then the coupon must be useable multiple times like last week's +40%. Right? Anyways, the code is EBC3022505. Anyone like to compare?

Also, here's a few recent trade-ins I made:

5/18/11
:ps3: Infamous - $10.00
:psp: Final Fantasy Dissidia - $9.00
:psp: LocoRoco 2 - $2.50

5/31/11
:ps3: Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands - $7.00
:ps3: Street Fighter 4 - $4.00
:ps3: Eternal Sonata - $10.00
:wii: DJ Hero 2 (Game Only) - $4.00 ...I actually traded in DJ Hero 1, I think this was a mistake... but I'm not complaining, ;)

I did pre-order though o_O, did it on Friday. Along with a few other games

Guess i shall play the waiting game then, i know it registered the 90$ worth of stuff i traded in.

[quote name='Luuc']Hey, I used my $20 EA Coupon when :ps3: Portal 2 was on sale for $40 and got it for $20! Those coupons have their uses...sometimes! :p

So maybe I should've pointed out the actual text of the email:
You've pre-ordered your copy of inFAMOUS 2 to help Cole discover his full super powers and defeat The Beast. Now help yourself and discover a 40% trade bonus!

Trade any games toward your pre-order of inFAMOUS 2 at GameStop and get 40% extra trade credit between Tuesday, May 31, and Sunday, June 5.​
...Seems it only goes out to those who pre-ordered. Or maybe everyone else will get it at a later date? One can hope.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Useful trade bonuses for pre-ordering. Maybe they should start offering and mentioning when shoving pre-orders down our throats. It would actually give me reason to consider pre-ordering through GameStop.

base tiv's from today:

:wii: wario land: shake it $7
:wii: spider-man web of shadows $7
:wii: rayman raving rabbids 2 $7
:wii: cooking mama: world kitchen $7
:wii: pikmin $6
:wii: endless ocean: blue world $9

:360: spider-man web of shadows $8
:360: crackdown 2 $5
:360: eternal sonata $7
:360: bully scholarship edition $9
:360: dead to rights retribution $8
:360: burnout paradise $7

Anyone think that the $25 extra system trade in credit is the best that's going to happen for a while? Wasn't sure how often system trade in bonuses happen. Hoping to get a NGP pre-order after E3.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Anyone think that the $25 extra system trade in credit is the best that's going to happen for a while? Wasn't sure how often system trade in bonuses happen. Hoping to get a NGP pre-order after E3.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I would hold out for a trade in your psp and get $$ extra toward NGP preorder.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Anyone think that the $25 extra system trade in credit is the best that's going to happen for a while? Wasn't sure how often system trade in bonuses happen. Hoping to get a NGP pre-order after E3.[/QUOTE]

They lowered the TIV of everything by like $20 so you're not really getting anything at all.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I only have 27,000 currently. I'm holding out for a good weekly coupon special.[/QUOTE]

What your not saving up forA Phone Call From Joey Logano????!?

Am I the only one that noticed that all the Voucher Coupons ($10, $15, Turtle Beach, $25, ect,ect) are now gone in the PUR? I hope this is just a bug at the moment, otherwise they just killed the whole point. Unless everyone is looking forward to receiving posters and pre-order leftovers.

[quote name='Denbo32']What your not saving up forA Phone Call From Joey Logano????!?[/QUOTE]

I could see that being a recorded message.

"Hello this is Joey Legano. Remember to keep shopping at gamestop!"

[quote name='Denbo32']What your not saving up forA Phone Call From Joey Logano????!?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I want 100 Gamestop T-shirts. lol Who is going to walk around wearing a Gamestop shirt? Honestly man. (Austin Powers voice)

[quote name='Luuc']I used my coupon today and it worked fine, so I don't see a problem in posting the coupon code... if it's the same as HakurenKyo06's then the coupon must be useable multiple times like last week's +40%. Right? Anyways, the code is EBC3022505. Anyone like to compare?

[/QUOTE]

The code is the same, I'll host it so folks can take advantage.

infamouscoupon.jpg

Here's some new values (before the current promotion) as of 6/1/11:

- Wii - Deal or No Deal: Special Edition: $5
- Wii - Arcade Zone - $7
- Wii - Call of Duty: Black Ops - $25
- Wii - EA Playground - $5
- Wii - M&M's Kart Racing - $5
- Playstation 3 - Facebreaker - $2
- Wii - Help Wanted - $5
- XBox 360 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - $2.50

The new promotion is great if you trade in 7 or more (30% extra credit), even better if you have a Gamestop card (Another 10%).

damn, thats annoying. I was gonna cash in 10,000 points today for a $10 off any purchase coupon. JUST got over the 10,000 point mark yesterday, had to wait 24 hours for my points to show up. Well, as of TODAY they took off that coupon as well as almost every other "$X amount off" coupon. Shitty.

[quote name='DesertLeo']damn, thats annoying. I was gonna cash in 10,000 points today for a $10 off any purchase coupon. JUST got over the 10,000 point mark yesterday, had to wait 24 hours for my points to show up. Well, as of TODAY they took off that coupon as well as almost every other "$X amount off" coupon. Shitty.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're talking about. All of the coupons are still showing up for me.

And my PS3 exchange got me an extra 1100 points since the value of the BlOps PS3 was $299.99 on my receipt while I paid less for the original 160 GB.

I'm tempted to order the Fallout: New Vegas kit. That shirt alone is probably worth the 12k points.

Nevermind the temptation, I pulled the plug. Between the playing cards, bobblehead, and t-shirt, I'm pretty happy with the bundle at 12.5k points.

[quote name='KingofGames']I'm tempted to order the Fallout: New Vegas kit. That shirt alone is probably worth the 12k points.

Nevermind the temptation, I pulled the plug. Between the playing cards, bobblehead, and t-shirt, I'm pretty happy with the bundle at 12.5k points.[/QUOTE]

I'm not much of a Fallout fan (I tried Fallout 3 and could never finish), so I haven't even played New Vegas... but that kit does look really awesome. I have 16k at the moment, and I'm tempted.

I'd rather have the $x-off coupons, but I have over $300 in store credit at the moment so I guess maybe I should use my points on something physical.

Be sure to post your thoughts as soon as you get it, hopefully it won't be sold out by then and I may bite as well.

[quote name='imacgod']Not sure what you're talking about. All of the coupons are still showing up for me.

And my PS3 exchange got me an extra 1100 points since the value of the BlOps PS3 was $299.99 on my receipt while I paid less for the original 160 GB.[/QUOTE]

No shit! I wonder what's going on....

Edit:
Ok, got it off the mobile site. Still not showing up on my computer, and I just got an email from their support basically saying "sorry, its gone". Weird.

> Dear Craig,
>
> Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.
>
> That is correct. That coupon is no longer available at this time.
>
> If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.
>
>
> Best Regards,
> Milika
> GameStop Customer Service
> PowerUp Rewards

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']The code is the same, I'll host it so folks can take advantage.

infamouscoupon.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is there an expiration date on the Infamous 40% more coupon....I just wanna make sure I don't miss out on this. Anyone have any info?

[quote name='KingofGames']I'm tempted to order the Fallout: New Vegas kit. That shirt alone is probably worth the 12k points.

Nevermind the temptation, I pulled the plug. Between the playing cards, bobblehead, and t-shirt, I'm pretty happy with the bundle at 12.5k points.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered one of these. I wish they asked for size, i'm sure its XL at the least :(

[quote name='Rollobobo']Is there an expiration date on the Infamous 40% more coupon....I just wanna make sure I don't miss out on this. Anyone have any info?[/QUOTE]

I'm unsure already deleted the email :(

Wished someone traded in Shift 2 for the 360 so I can know the trade value. Looks like no one bought the game here lol. Been debating to trade it to Amazon or to GS.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Wished someone traded in Shift 2 for the 360 so I can know the trade value. Looks like no one bought the game here lol. Been debating to trade it to Amazon or to GS.[/QUOTE]

Ever though of calling GS or asking them in-store about the tiv?

[quote name='DesertLeo']No shit! I wonder what's going on....

Edit:
Ok, got it off the mobile site. Still not showing up on my computer, and I just got an email from their support basically saying "sorry, its gone". Weird.

> Dear Craig,
>
> Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.
>
> That is correct. That coupon is no longer available at this time.
>
> If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.
>
>
> Best Regards,
> Milika
> GameStop Customer Service
> PowerUp Rewards[/QUOTE]

Now I'm REALLY confused. I'm staring right at the coupons as of this writing. I see the $5 off, $10 off, $25 off, and $50 off whether it be used, total GameStop purchase, or pre-owned console purchase. I have no idea why they're not showing up for you and why GameStop is saying the coupons are no longer available. You clicked "All Rewards" on the Rewards Catalog menu or "All Rewards" on the left of the rewards page, right? Actually, the coupons show up just clicking Rewards Catalog myself.

Are we in different universes? :cold:

[quote name='Rollobobo']Is there an expiration date on the Infamous 40% more coupon....I just wanna make sure I don't miss out on this. Anyone have any info?[/QUOTE]

Was just at GS and the manager didn't know anything about this. I didn't copy it so I left. Guess I'll come back with a printout next time.

The coupon expires June 5th.

[quote name='nas6034']Ever though of calling GS or asking them in-store about the tiv?[/QUOTE]

No, I never though to call or go. Thanks though.

PS2-

GTA SA $8
Kingdom hearts $8
Star Wars bounty hunter $3
Balders gate DA $2
Crash wrath of cortex $1.50

All together got $27 minus $.75 refurb, not bad considering i paid $1 for all of em. (disc only)

[quote name='cheesebu']I just ordered one of these. I wish they asked for size, i'm sure its XL at the least :([/QUOTE]

What makes you guys so sure it's a shirt? The New California Republic thing looks like a pillowcase or sack to me. I'm pretty tempted to pick it up myself regardless of what that NCR thing is supposed to be, but I already have the bobblehead since it came with the collector's edition of Fallout 3.

Be sure to spend your points wisely, kids. It sickens me they offer disc replacement warranties and battery coupons on the low end. You know some soccer mom is going to waste her or her child's points on that crap. On top of that, they offer sucky GameStop-brand controllers. Please, stop it!

And as a rewards program, PUR is kind of lame when you do the math, but not worse than other rewards programs you see for stores and credit cards. $20 off coupons and gift cards are about 20,000 points, so that's about $1000 worth of trades and/or used purchases or $2000 in new purchases. Exciting when you put in that perspective, eh?
icon_lol.gif
Personally I like the gamer swag just because that's hard to come by as people not working in the industry or even working as a GameStop manager. If you're really cool with your GameStop employees, you can probably get some of this from them since they appeared to be enrolled in the program, and GameStop seems to send them samples regularly. I've seen the FlingSmash doll in a couple of stores, and recently, one store gave me the MvC 3 clings for free just to get rid of.

The funniest item has to be the Madden promotional display locker. At first, I thought it was an actual locker that was a game shelf like the NBA 2K10 limited edition came with. According to the description, nope:

This is a reward that any fan of Madden NFL would not want to pass on. Made of thick paper stock and shaped like a locker, your friends will think this is a seriously big hit.

Love that second sentence: Thick paper stocks in the shape of locker that will make your friends think you're cool.
icon_rolleyes.gif

[quote name='lude21']PS2-

GTA SA $8
Kingdom hearts $8
Star Wars bounty hunter $3
Balders gate DA $2
Crash wrath of cortex $1.50

All together got $27 minus $.75 refurb, not bad considering i paid $1 for all of em. (disc only)[/QUOTE]

They still accept PS2 trades? I thought they quit accepting PS2/GCN/GBA games... Was that just systems?

[quote name='imacgod']
And as a rewards program, PUR is kind of lame when you do the math, but not worse than other rewards programs you see for stores and credit cards. $20 off coupons and gift cards are about 20,000 points, so that's about $1000 worth of trades and/or used purchases or $2000 in new purchases. [/QUOTE]

Well, I see the $x-off pre-owned to be more valuable, since everyone ends up buying pre-owned once in a while anyway, especially since you're already a PUR member. So really, it's more like 8,000 for $10 off. But you're right, in actual value based on the PSN/Wii/Xbox live points, 20k = $20.

But remember that these end up cycling a lot, because most of us trade lots of things in. Instead of being $1000 worth of trades/used purchases, it's more like $500 worth of trades, since that credit is turned around to make purchases. Going by 1k points = $1, that's a 4% turnaround... not quite that bad compared to other rewards offers which are usually about 2%.

As I said, this isn't even counting the fact that you can get more for your money using the preowned coupons or by even getting physical items. It's also not counting the fact that the $500 in trades which turned into $500 in purchases will probably turn back into $250 in trades which will turn back into $250 in purchases...

Keep cycling like that, and it's probably the best rewards program around. Of course trading in everything you buy will always net you a loss, but if you save them for the right promotion, it works out.

[quote name='imacgod']Now I'm REALLY confused. I'm staring right at the coupons as of this writing. I see the $5 off, $10 off, $25 off, and $50 off whether it be used, total GameStop purchase, or pre-owned console purchase. I have no idea why they're not showing up for you and why GameStop is saying the coupons are no longer available. You clicked "All Rewards" on the Rewards Catalog menu or "All Rewards" on the left of the rewards page, right? Actually, the coupons show up just clicking Rewards Catalog myself.

Are we in different universes? :cold:[/QUOTE]

I have been, yes. However, NOW they're showing up for me. So why the fuck did that rep "confirm" its gone.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back