GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Some base trades from today (I think all are in the database already)

Infamous $10
Little Big Planet $6
Force Unleashed II (Wii) $8

well it looks like i'll probably be trading in a ton of stuff for a 3DS, i've always wanted one and with Zelda coming out soon i might as well pick one up...i am still undecided though...

I don't think Gamestop had nearly as many promos in years until just recently(Like the last 1-2 years). I think the first time they ever did the 50% promo was in '09, and B2G1s were definitely a rarity until last year where they seem to have them every couple months, online or offline.

Gamestop is still not the best for value, but if you wait for their best promos, it's not as crappy as it used to be.

Another problem with the trade-in values, imo, is that the highest values are given to games most people would rather keep. 24.00(For me it was more like 30.00 after promos) for Smash Bros, Brawl is nice, but the only reason I did it was to make a profit and I later on re-bought another copy from Blockbuster for a mere 16.00, I was never looking at it to be a permanent loss.

Now Metroid Prime Trilogy is 30.00 base, but Gamestop sells it for 69.99 used... who in their right mind would trade it in? Amazon and/or eBay is definitely better for this particular title.

But I ramble... Point is, Gamestop trade-ins were really crappy in the past, and they're not much better these days, but the quality and quantity of the promos hae increased, making the trade-in values easier to swallow.

[quote name='jj5206']well it looks like i'll probably be trading in a ton of stuff for a 3DS, i've always wanted one and with Zelda coming out soon i might as well pick one up...i am still undecided though...[/QUOTE]

You honestly should wait. E3 is in the next few days and see if they announce another version of the 3DS.

[quote name='Japakneez']So many trade in deals recently...we should get a B2G1 soon.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so! Thats what I am waiting for to unload my $250 in credit for.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']
Gamestop is still not the best for value, but if you wait for their best promos, it's not as crappy as it used to be.

Now Metroid Prime Trilogy is 30.00 base, but Gamestop sells it for 69.99 used... who in their right mind would trade it in? Amazon and/or eBay is definitely better for this particular title.[/QUOTE]
If you have a used copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy and want to get rid of it, $30 base is fairly lame. With the deal though it comes out to $48 in credit with pur. That's way more than you'd get at Amazon and a few dollars more than you'd get on ebay even.

I personally really do not like gamestop but a good deal is a good deal and these prices arent bad at all.

as of last night:

CoD:black ops 360 $25
sonic collection PS3 $5
Heavenly Sword $5
Infamous $10
Transformers: Cybertron Adv Wii $8

base values

Infamous (PS3) $10.00

Uncharted (PS3) $9.00

Mafia II (360) $10.00

Good time to trade in infamous for $16.00 and download it for free on psn.

Just think of going to Gamestop as paying a convenience fee. You make a few dollars less, but you get it done immediately and don't have deal with any jackwagons on the internet making it difficult to sell your stuff. I'd take that any day.

Of course, then you come here and jackwagons tell you "omg you could have gotten more elsewhere," like they think you don't know how to read. But, hey, that's just the way it goes.

Base Values, all 360

COD:BO $25
MLB 2k11 $17
FIFA 11-$20
Elder Scrolls IV (Non-GOTY)-$7
NBA Live '10-$7
Need for Speed:Hot Pursuit-$11
LA Noire-$28
Two Worlds II-$11
Test Drive Unlimited 2-$8

All in all, not bad, walked out with a pre-paid copy of Infamous 2 and $149 on a gift card after bonuses were tacked on. Could have hit UP TO $184.00 on Amazon. So minus headache and hassle I ended up a good deal ahead by going to Gamestop I think.

[quote name='dino88']Thanks, man. I was getting ready to walk out the door when I read your post. What was I thinking?

BTW, would you like to buy Dead to Rights: Retribution from me for $15. Never mind that you could get two brand new copies for $10 elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

No, because I have standards, and that's not worth buying at any price.
I'm sure there's some instances where you can make out, but some of it's just sad.
Dead Rising 2 -$15
Lego Clone Wars 3 - $16
Two Worlds 2 -$11

Even with an extra 60% credit, Best Buy still has these trade in values beat.

[quote name='ultramanJ']No, because I have standards, and that's not worth buying at any price.
I'm sure there's some instances where you can make out, but some of it's just sad.
Two Worlds 2 -$11

[/QUOTE]

I'll take a 7 dollar loss on Two Worlds 2 if it means I don't have to walk into my local Best Buy and teach them how to do a trade in, because lord knows, no one trains anyone in that store for anything other than asking if I have been helped. Sad thing is, if I say no I haven't been helped, they don't know what the fuck to do.

[quote name='ultramanJ']No, because I have standards, and that's not worth buying at any price.
[/QUOTE]

I see you didn't get the point of my post. Carry on.

Dead Rising 2 -$15
Lego Clone Wars 3 - $16
Two Worlds 2 -$11

Even with an extra 60% credit, Best Buy still has these trade in values beat.[/QUOTE]

Then go to Best Buy. Don't come in here and belittle everyone's decision to go to Gamestop just because you don't like it. That's not helpful, and it's insulting for you to presume we're too stupid to realize we can get more money elsewhere.

From today:

:360: Test Drive Unlimited - 3 (-1)

[quote name='Vacabck']I'll take a 7 dollar loss on Two Worlds 2 if it means I don't have to walk into my local Best Buy and teach them how to do a trade in, because lord knows, no one trains anyone in that store for anything other than asking if I have been helped. Sad thing is, if I say no I haven't been helped, they don't know what the fuck to do.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DYje57V_BY

[quote name='Survivalism']Just think of going to Gamestop as paying a convenience fee. You make a few dollars less, but you get it done immediately and don't have deal with any jackwagons on the internet making it difficult to sell your stuff. I'd take that any day.

Of course, then you come here and jackwagons tell you "omg you could have gotten more elsewhere," like they think you don't know how to read. But, hey, that's just the way it goes.[/QUOTE]

Yes my thoughts exactly.

OK, just got back from GS, here my TIV's, all base:

White Knight Chronicles (PS3) - $8
InFamous (PS3) - $10

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - $24

Sudoku Ball Detective (DS) - $1

L.A. Noire (360) - $28
Kinect Sports (360) - $22
Bioshock/Oblivion 2 Pack (360) - $9
Call Of Duty: Black Ops (360) - $25

Walked away with $203.20 after PUR and bonuses.

[quote name='Survivalism']Just think of going to Gamestop as paying a convenience fee. You make a few dollars less, but you get it done immediately and don't have deal with any jackwagons on the internet making it difficult to sell your stuff. I'd take that any day.

Of course, then you come here and jackwagons tell you "omg you could have gotten more elsewhere," like they think you don't know how to read. But, hey, that's just the way it goes.[/QUOTE]

Yes my thoughts exactly.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']I don't think Gamestop had nearly as many promos in years until just recently(Like the last 1-2 years). I think the first time they ever did the 50% promo was in '09, and B2G1s were definitely a rarity until last year where they seem to have them every couple months, online or offline.

Another problem with the trade-in values, imo, is that the highest values are given to games most people would rather keep. 24.00(For me it was more like 30.00 after promos) for Smash Bros, Brawl is nice, but the only reason I did it was to make a profit and I later on re-bought another copy from Blockbuster for a mere 16.00, I was never looking at it to be a permanent loss.
[/QUOTE]

NO GAME is a keeper in my book. I always take profits when I can. There are so many sales and deals these days, you can always buy it back, probably for less money than you traded it in for. Play it, sell it when your done, and you can probably buy it back sealed for less than you sell it for in 8 months. There's just no sense in keeping a game. Companies will reprint anything that is worth alot or has demand ie. Tales from the Abyss, ICO (PS3 vers.), Wii 25th anniv super mario retro bundle, with a few execptions. I'm suprised they haven't reprinted metroid trilogy and PS3 orange box.

Super Smash Bros. is a title that is prime for getting rid of right now. GS w/ 50% promo = 38.40 for it. Nintendo will put more games into that Selects group and it's gotta be on that list. I'm suprised Animal Crossing made it and not smash Bros. Hell I got in on that amazon sale for B1G1 on Nintendo Selects - $20 total for Zelda and Super Sluggers NEW! I sent the ones I originally owned to Besty Buy when they were giving $30 ea for them. Glad I did!

All these gamestops trade promos and b2g1 as well as all the other deals and trade in programs: amazon, bbv, best buy has made to where savy CAGs should be gaming for free or even making some pocket money for other stuff.

just flipped LBP2 for 40.00 at GS after picking it up for 20 (24.99 with magazine) at my Best Buy (Gamer Magazine Coupon). I love you CAG!

[quote name='AshesofWake']http://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/ref=shorturl_giftcard

on the left there's sites they advertise where you can exchange for Amazon gift card, yes they give slightly less. but I just think of it as the tax ill be paying at gamestop and the free shipping is a plus.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if you could combine more than one gift card in one exchange? Say if you had two GS gift cards with $20 each, could you do one exchange or would you have to do each separately?

Thanks

base values from today

:wii: Super Mario All-Stars - 17
:gc: Custom Robo - 1.50
:gc: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - 4
:gc: Memory Card 59 Blocks - 2
:ps2: .hack part 3 outbreak - 3
:ps2: Jak 3 - 1.50

[quote name='sandman8288']OK, just got back from GS, here my TIV's, all base:

White Knight Chronicles (PS3) - $8
InFamous (PS3) - $10

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - $24

Sudoku Ball Detective (DS) - $1

L.A. Noire (360) - $28
Kinect Sports (360) - $22
Bioshock/Oblivion 2 Pack (360) - $9

Walked away with $203.20 after PUR and bonuses.[/QUOTE]

this doesn't seem right :roll: quick mental math has your total with bonuses less than $175. I guess you got lucky :D

base tivs that haven't been posted within past day:

Xbox 360 AC Power Adapter $8.50 the cashier said I "missed" the 50% bonus for accessories
Orange Box (360) $12.00
Punch-Out (Wii) $8.00
Kingdom Hearts (PS2, PH ver) $7.00

also found out that Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (360, 2-disc) had tiv of $9.00 :bomb:

Traded some games in today on 6/4/11, base values are:

PS2 Baldur's gate Dark Alliance - $1.80
PS2 Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II - $9.00
PS2 Drakengard - $0.80
PS2 Champions of Norrath - $4.00
Wii Super Smash Bro. Brawl - $24.00 (think its the same.)
Wii Wii Sports - $4.00
DS Pokemon White - $15.00
DS World Ends with you - $7.00
PSP Ys Seven - $5.00
PSP Phantasy Star Portable 2 - $9.00
PSP Dungeon Siege Throne of Agony - $ 1.50
PSP Patapon 2 - $2.50

not too shabby, with the 60% i walked away with over 120 in credit. now to wait for a good sale... ;)

Had an epic experience at Best Buy today personally, so i can agree with the above poster.

I took the guy a game (That LITERALLY had just been opened before i left home), get there, and he starts taking off fee's claiming its "Scratched". The damn disc looked just like a mirror. Ended up talking to the manager, and got everything cleared up.

On topic:

A new quote

(DS) Pokemon Rangers: Shadows of Almia 4.00

[quote name='Gamer SDP']this doesn't seem right :roll: quick mental math has your total with bonuses less than $175. I guess you got lucky :D

base tivs that haven't been posted within past day:

Xbox 360 AC Power Adapter $8.50 the cashier said I "missed" the 50% bonus for accessories
Orange Box (360) $12.00
Punch-Out (Wii) $8.00
Kingdom Hearts (PS2, PH ver) $7.00

also found out that Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (360, 2-disc) had tiv of $9.00 :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Probably because I left out:

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (360) - $25

LOL

[quote name='Abeja']You honestly should wait. E3 is in the next few days and see if they announce another version of the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

that was probably what I was going to do...

[quote name='fuze9']Dunno if it's reported elsewhere, but there's a 50% trade-in bonus this week.[/QUOTE]

Really? When?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition Wii - Won't be able to make it out till tomorrow but anyone know the as-of-today TIV for this game?

[quote name='Asadi']just flipped LBP2 for 40.00 at GS after picking it up for 20 (24.99 with magazine) at my Best Buy (Gamer Magazine Coupon). I love you CAG![/QUOTE]

Someone care to explain this one to me? I see it's got a $25 base trade in value, and I know there's the 10% for PUR, but that's still a pretty big discrepancy, and I see no applicable promos in the OP.

[quote name='BrolyB593']: O

Oh my. Thanks for the heads up, as terrible as it may be haha.[/QUOTE]

I had to ask twice. 2?! Oh ok. Thanks.

To be fair the game kinda sucks.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Someone care to explain this one to me? I see it's got a $25 base trade in value, and I know there's the 10% for PUR, but that's still a pretty big discrepancy, and I see no applicable promos in the OP.[/QUOTE]

$25 + $12.5 + $2.50 = 40

Base TIV + 50% extra TIV + 10% PUR Extra TIV

[quote name='SCDallas']$25 + $12.5 + $2.50 = 40

Base TIV + 50% extra TIV + 10% PUR Extra TIV[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but it kind of is difficult when it's not in the OP. Now, how long does this last, and do I need a coupon or anything?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the info in an email. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Someone care to explain this one to me? I see it's got a $25 base trade in value, and I know there's the 10% for PUR, but that's still a pretty big discrepancy, and I see no applicable promos in the OP.[/QUOTE]I believe the "50% extra credit for trade-ins" promo starts today (and runs through 6/12), so with that, you'd get

$25 + $12.50 (50% promo) + $2.50 (10% from PUR) = $40 credit total for L.A. Noire.

PS3
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $14

Traded 2 of those in today, planning on using the inFamous deal. Turns out the fifty percent gave me a better deal... I thought the TIV on BF2 would have been lower, but I scored 22.50 for each with the 50% and PUR. Good deal in my opinion.

So I paid off inFamous 2, and proved two of the same game wouldve worked with one o these deals like the infamous one. :)

Traded in two Wii games today.

Super Smash Bros Brawl - 24 base
Mario Kart - 20 base

Total came out to 70.40 after 50% promo and PUR promo.

Just traded in 29 games and got $250 in credit. Had a couple ps2 games in there, and many games that are regularly on sale for $10 new so I'm pretty happy. Many of the games that I traded in I hadn't played yet (or at least beat), but I can buy them on PC for less than what I was getting in trade, and buy all accounts they should be better games on PC (at least better looking). Win, win to me.

I just got back from GameStop.

Base Values:

:360:
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $2.50
Forza 3 (2 Discs) - $10
Call of Duty: Black Ops - $25
Bulletstorm - $11
Civilization Revolution - $9
Just Cause 2 - $10

:wii:
Hasbro Family Game Night - $9
Dead Space Extraction - $6

All PS3, All base value:

Dragon Age: Origins - $7
Dead to Rights: Retribution - $10
LA Noire - $28
Killzone 3 - $20

Counting the $20 bonus credit I got from Amazon for LA Noire, I was actually paid $6 to play that game. :p Gonna use that credit to pickup the Hero Ed. of inFamous 2 on Tues (which you can no longer preorder, but I'm sure they'll have extras).

Uncharted 2 and LBP2 held their values: UC2 at 15, LBP2 at 25

I got a grand total for $64, and i had about 2.xx on a different card and that paid of Infamous 2:applause:

CAG rocks :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back