GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AJVtony831']Amazon's trade in values are always low at first[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I never noticed. Gotta wonder why Gamestop's is also low though. :whistle2:k

Took advantage of this deal earlier. Since I had to get a new slim and didn't want Blops so I took it in. Managed to get $40 with the bonus.

6/8

Xbox 360:

CoD: Black Ops $25
Mass Effect 2 $7
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 $18
Fallout 3 GOTY $8
Fallout New Vegas $8
Mortal Kombat $25
The Saboteur $5
Fable 2 $1.50
Perfect Dark Zero $0.20
3rd Party Wired Controller $5

Decided to finally pick up a 3DS with this credit.

Does the 50% stack with the tiered trade offer? My dad wants Duke Nukem Forever and well, personally I can find a deal way cheaper than Gamestop for him but he has stuff to trade in. It would be more to my advantage to trade his stuff in with the 50% and tiered and then get him DNF for really cheap. I want the Deus Ex Augmented Edition so it's all good for me.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Does the 50% stack with the tiered trade offer? My dad wants Duke Nukem Forever and well, personally I can find a deal way cheaper than Gamestop for him but he has stuff to trade in. It would be more to my advantage to trade his stuff in with the 50% and tiered and then get him DNF for really cheap. I want the Deus Ex Augmented Edition so it's all good for me.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't stack. The only thing that stacks with any offer is PUR.

[quote name='whoknows']Can't believe the Infamous 2 trade-in. I wonder why it's so low?

Guess I'll just take some other stuff in for now.[/QUOTE]

as I said it had to do with supply and demand.

[quote name='admiralvic']as I said it had to do with supply and demand.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt the demand is that low for a game that came out 2 days ago.

I'm pretty sure any copy they have on the shelf at 54.99 will sell within 2 days, pretty sure less then that for now.

These are after the 50% bonus + 10% PUR Bonus ( base value in parentheses )

PS3:
Resistance 2: $8 (base $5)
Resistance Fall of Man: $4 (base $2.50)
God of War 3: $12.80 (base $8)
Killzone 3: $32 (base $20)

Xbox 360:
L.A. Noire: $44.80 (base $28)
Mortal Kombat: $40 (base $25)
WWE SvR 2011: $24 (base $15)
Resident Evil 5: $11.20 (base $7)
Oblivion (non GOTY): $11.20 (base $7)
Bully Scholarship Edition: $14.40 (base $9)
Orange Box: $19.20 (base $12)
Bulletstorm: $17.60 (base $11)
COD: World at War: $14.40 (base $9)
Need for Speed Shift: $6.40 (base $4)
Bayonetta: $9.60 (base $6)
Plants vs. Zombies: $11.20 (base $7)
Kane & Lynch 2: $8 (base $5)
Saboteur: $8 (base $5)
Marvel Ult. Alliance/Forza 2 Combo: $2.81 (base $1.76)
WWE SvR 2007: $2 (base $1.25)
WWe SvR 2008: $4 (base $2.50)

Wii:
Super Mario All-Stars: $27.20 (base $17)
Tomb Raider Anniversary: $8 (base $5)
Red Steel: $2.40 (base $1.50)
No More Heroes: $3.20 (base $2)
Crash of the Titans: $9.60 (base $6)
Madworld: $3.20 (base $2)

$359.20 total.
Not bad for a couple newer games and a lot of old and/or crappy games.

Hello Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chuckywang']No, it doesn't stack. The only thing that stacks with any offer is PUR.[/QUOTE]
Thought so, most of the stuff my dad is going to trade in is going to be bargin bin. I would be expecting like $10-15 between 5 games :lol:

[quote name='SpockBlocker']These are after the 50% bonus + 10% PUR Bonus:

PS3:
Resistance 2: $8
Resistance Fall of Man: $4
God of War 3: $12.80
Killzone 3: $32

Xbox 360:
L.A. Noire: $44.80
Mortal Kombat: $40
WWE SvR 2011: $24
Resident Evil 5: $11.20
Oblivion (non GOTY): $11.20
Bully Scholarship Edition: $14.40
Orange Box: $19.20
Bulletstorm: $17.60
COD: World at War: $14.40
Need for Speed Shift: $6.40
Bayonetta: $9.60
Plants vs. Zombies: $11.20
Kane & Lynch 2: $8
Saboteur: $8
Marvel Ult. Alliance/Forza 2 Combo: $2.81
WWE SvR 2007: $2
WWe SvR 2008: $4

Wii:
Super Mario All-Stars: $27.20
Tomb Raider Anniversary: $8
Red Steel: $2.40
No More Heroes: $3.20
Crash of the Titans: $9.60
Madworld: $3.20

$359.20 total.
Not bad for a couple newer games and a lot of old and/or crappy games.

Hello Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox![/QUOTE]

Here are Spock's Base values, god forbid anybody read the damn OP

:pS3:
Resistance 2: $5
Resistance Fall of Man: $2.50
God of War 3: $8
Killzone 3: $20

:360:
L.A. Noire: $28
Mortal Kombat: $25
WWE SvR 2011: $15
Resident Evil 5: $7
Oblivion (non GOTY): $7
Bully Scholarship Edition: $9
Orange Box: $12
Bulletstorm: $11
COD: World at War: $9
Need for Speed Shift: $4
Bayonetta: $6
Plants vs. Zombies: $7
Kane & Lynch 2: $5
Saboteur: $5
Marvel Ult. Alliance/Forza 2 Combo: $1.75
WWE SvR 2007: $1.25
WWe SvR 2008: $2.50

:Wii:
Super Mario All-Stars: $17
Tomb Raider Anniversary: $5
Red Steel: $1.50
No More Heroes: $2
Crash of the Titans: $6
Madworld: $2

Edit: Well damn he beat me to it!

[quote name='orale1226']PS3
Brink $20
Infamous $10
Uncharted drakes fortune $9

64.20 after 60% bonus[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I can't believe Infamous has held up despite the fact that they must be getting tons of copies in. And yet the Wii/DS stuff I went to trade yesterday (none of which should have been flooding them) all dropped.

In other news, the GS clerks are always shock, astounded, and amazed at my $300-something balance on my PUR card :roll:. If they only knew (that I have 2 other cards with credit on them also ;))... They just can't believe I'd be sitting on that credit (ie, not spending it immediately) and push the preorders even more now. I will probably go ahead and preorder a Vita at my closest store just in case (not sure I want it but I might as well for now). Then at least I can tell them I am saving up for that and have already preordered it at a GS store!

[quote name='io']D'oh! I can't believe Infamous has held up despite the fact that they must be getting tons of copies in. And yet the Wii/DS stuff I went to trade yesterday (none of which should have been flooding them) all dropped.[/QUOTE]

Well with the announcement of the WiiU, the price drop in the Wii, and the fact the DS is a last gen handheld those values are expected to drop quickly.

[quote name='S1yth']Well with the announcement of the WiiU, the price drop in the Wii, and the fact the DS is a last gen handheld those values are expected to drop quickly.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it was only on the games I wanted to trade - I keep seeing several quotes here of things that haven't (like Star Wars Force Unleashed II, SSBB, Mario Galaxy, etc). According to your theory, you'd expect SSBB to drop because of the announcement of two new versions of that coming some time in the future ;). I really don't think they drops this week have much to do with WiiU/3DS news - especially WiiU since it isn't out for a long time yet. And even if that were true, and they react that quickly to things happening 1 1/2 years from now, then why is Infamous still at $10!? That should have dropped the minute the PSN Welcome Back program was announced! There is definitely an element of randomness to the whole thing that really can't be explained one way or another.

I traded in four PS3 games today (Lost Planet 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) and the only one that the Base TIV changed was Oblivion.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3) - $7.00

Looks like it has raised since the last time someone posted about it, actually.

*Note: It wasn't the GOTY edition, either*

[quote name='io']Yes, but it was only on the games I wanted to trade - I keep seeing several quotes here of things that haven't (like Star Wars Force Unleashed II, SSBB, Mario Galaxy, etc). According to your theory, you'd expect SSBB to drop because of the announcement of two new versions of that coming some time in the future ;). I really don't think they drops this week have much to do with WiiU/3DS news - especially WiiU since it isn't out for a long time yet. And even if that were true, and they react that quickly to things happening 1 1/2 years from now, then why is Infamous still at $10!? That should have dropped the minute the PSN Welcome Back program was announced! There is definitely an element of randomness to the whole thing that really can't be explained one way or another.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is true too, I find some bits of randomness. I think SSBB still has a good trade in value because it is one of the best games on the Wii and Nintendo never drops prices on first party titles, exception to those new Wii Select games. Infamous is still pretty expensive as well for an old title, but yeah I thought that Welcome Back package would have lowered the value. Also the new Super Smash is like 3-4 years away, Nintendo hasn't even assembled a team to start work on it haha.

ps3 base
littlebigplanet 2 - 25
mortal kombat - 25
la noire - 28
thought someone said noire dropped to 25, but still 28 at my gamestop.
thanx always JP

base price dump, 6/9:

ps3
singularity = $7
resonance of fate = $5
little big planet = $6
heavy rain = $15
resident evil 5 = $8

wii
disney epic mickey = $14
super smash bros brawl = $24
new super mario bros. = $22
tiger woods 2010 = $8

xbox360
orange box = $12

DS
Pokemon Diamond = $10

----
After this and 3 other games I traded earlier had enough for a 3DS and most of OOT3D. Thanks again JP and everyone posting base values.

Ok so I just bought these from Target Clearance:

Kung Fu Rider (PS3) $4.98
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Wii) $4.98

Just Called local Gamestop. Supposedly they would give me $10 each and put the extra %50. That would be 30.00 credit. Plus throw the extra %10 for the card and Ka-Pow!

[quote name='11killer11']Ok so I just bought these from Target Clearance:

Just Called local Gamestop. Supposedly they would give me $10 each and put the extra %50. That would be 30.00 credit. Plus throw the extra %10 for the card and Ka-Pow![/QUOTE]

Kung Fu Rider is worth $5 at Gamestop. He probably meant $10 for them both.

[quote name='11killer11']Ok so I just bought these from Target Clearance:

Just Called local Gamestop. Supposedly they would give me $10 each and put the extra %50. That would be 30.00 credit. Plus throw the extra %10 for the card and Ka-Pow![/QUOTE]

Just called my store about Kung Fu Riders, only 5$, so 7.50 after the 50%. Sounds like you got a bad quote or something. (Otherwise i would have snagged the 3+ i saw at Target's yesterday)

Lol, double ninja'd

5-29

Final Fantasy 13 - $5
Splinter Cell Conviction - $6
Singularity - $7

:gc:
Soul Calibur 2 - $1.50
Resident Evil 4 - $2.50
Resident Evil 0 - $2.50
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $.75
Metroid Prime - $.50
Tales of Symphonia - $7
Mega Man Anniversary Collection - $2.50
Eternal Darkness - $4

6-3

COD: Black Ops - $25
Homefront - $13
Mass Effect 2 - $7
College Hoops 2k7 - $.25
NCAA Football 2007 - $.10
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $1
Dead Rising 2 - $15
Sims 3 - $15

[quote name='io']D'oh! I can't believe Infamous has held up despite the fact that they must be getting tons of copies in. [/QUOTE]

Personally, I'd rather have it on the disk - even though they are offering it as a free download. I keep the games I like, and I liked Infamous quite a bit.

Damn...just called another GS fairly close to me and they told me $5 each. First time i've been misquoted. Funny thing is I told the girl the first time the games one at a time. So why she would say $10 is beyond me. Thing is now what should I do with them? I'll keep Blazing Angels it looks like. I don't have a PS3 for Kung Fu Rider and then I also bought Ultimate Hoops Challenge for Wii which was $3.74

Now what I do?

[quote name='11killer11']Damn...just called another GS fairly close to me and they told me $5 each. First time i've been misquoted. Funny thing is I told the girl the first time the games one at a time. So why she would say $10 is beyond me. Thing is now what should I do with them? I'll keep Blazing Angels it looks like. I don't have a PS3 for Kung Fu Rider and then I also bought Ultimate Hoops Challenge for Wii which was $3.74

Now what I do?[/QUOTE]

It's still a $3 profit with PUR. profit is profit

[quote name='erdmanski1341']It's still a $3 profit with PUR. profit is profit[/QUOTE]

After gas and time spent, I don't think there is profit to be made from this.

[quote name='daminion']Personally, I'd rather have it on the disk - even though they are offering it as a free download. I keep the games I like, and I liked Infamous quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

I felt that way about LBP, but most definitely not Infamous. I haven't even played it yet even though I got it used from GS over a year ago. My son played it quite a bit though.

I did trade my PSP copy of LBP though. I'll probably never even play the downloaded version of that since there will be a new one for the Vita.

So, the refurb fee for the PSP-1000 says $15 but the TIV is $15....

My PSP was not reading memory sticks and so I didnt really care and took it apart. In doing so I put too much pressure onto the screen and now it just displays a blue screen with lines on it. So basically my PSP is effed. However there is the +$25 promo for consoles.... could I possibly trade it in still despite all that is wrong with it and get the $25 seeing as the $15 refurb covers the actual TIV?

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So, the refurb fee for the PSP-1000 says $15 but the TIV is $15....

My PSP was not reading memory sticks and so I didnt really care and took it apart. In doing so I put too much pressure onto the screen and now it just displays a blue screen with lines on it. So basically my PSP is effed. However there is the +$25 promo for consoles.... could I possibly trade it in still despite all that is wrong with it and get the $25 seeing as the $15 refurb covers the actual TIV?[/QUOTE]
That refurb fee quote was from before the drop in hardware value. Probably about half of that value now. With everything that is wrong with it though, I don't know if they'll take it.

WTF. I just traded in 4 games and I didn't get a 50% trade in credit.
For example I traded in Fifa World Cup 2010 and the TIV is 9.00 and the bonus was 3.00.. -_________-

[quote name='JP']Updated lists and database.

That refurb fee quote was from before the drop in hardware value. Probably about half of that value now. With everything that is wrong with it though, I don't know if they'll take it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah looking around on the internet tells me the same thing. I could buy a replacement screen but that really is not worth it to me. I had to be antsy and take it apart hahah. Had I not I doubt they would have checked the card reader and I would have nabbed a cool $40.

Oh well, now I have a ton of MS Duos that are taking up space and GS seems to have pretty crappy values for trade ins of those.

I have two 8gbs, two 2gbs and a single 1gb. They would give me around $30 or so for all of that. Gross, wish I could find someone to give me like $50 cash for it all.

Any idea where I could sell my crapped out PSP for parts or something?

[quote name='jonjosh']WTF. I just traded in 4 games and I didn't get a 50% trade in credit.
For example I traded in Fifa World Cup 2010 and the TIV is 9.00 and the bonus was 3.00.. -_________-[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something got screwed up. I don't know how in any form your total bonus would be 33%...

I feel like I have to post it every day, but LOOK AT YOUR TRADE IN VALUES BEFORE YOU ACCEPT IT/LEAVE THE STORE.

6/9

:ps3:

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $25

I can't believe they're still giving $25 base for it, especially with that new bundle available. Don't be surprised if it drops over the weekend.

[quote name='Ron Swanson']6/9

:ps3:

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $25

I can't believe they're still giving $25 base for it, especially with that new bundle available. Don't be surprised if it drops over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Its call of duty. it doesnt drop until the new one comes out.

[quote name='jonjosh']WTF. I just traded in 4 games and I didn't get a 50% trade in credit.
For example I traded in Fifa World Cup 2010 and the TIV is 9.00 and the bonus was 3.00.. -_________-[/QUOTE]

That's because FIFA 10's TIV is $6 (check the OP). The bonus was $3, giving you a total of $9.

All 360 again:

Mass Effect 2 $7.00
Castlevania:LOS $15.00
Gears of War 2 $5.00
Shift 2 Unleashed $12.00
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground $2.50
NBA Jam $15.00
Dante's Inferno $7.00
Singularity $7.00

Just since this has started I've put $337.21 on a Gift Card plus gotten Infamous 2(59.99) and Pre-paid for the Special Elder Scrolls IV(29.99) all with trade in credit. Time to start the stockpile up again to sell off next year for the Wii U.

A wee bit off topic (Though, PUR related)

While searching through the rewards, i noticed that they have "3$ PSN Credit" listed as coming soon for 3080 points. Pretty awesome reward, just thought i'd share. (Not sure if its already been posted).

[quote name='dgwillia006']A wee bit off topic (Though, PUR related)

While searching through the rewards, i noticed that they have "3$ PSN Credit" listed as coming soon for 3080 points. Pretty awesome reward, just thought i'd share. (Not sure if its already been posted).[/QUOTE]

Wish it was available now. I could use a few PSN dollars and wouldn't mind saving myself from spending actual money. Guess I'll have to wait until Sunday for the Toys R' Us sale instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back