GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Gamestop and they straighten everything out for me. With the %40 trade in bonus and my %10 PUR bonus i got $67.50 and paid off my Rage pre-order. Weird thing is they didn't charge me any tax on the game so i got 7.51 returned to me on a GC :bouncy:

Dragon Age 2 PS3 - 23
Fear 3 PS3 - 22

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Went to Gamestop and they straighten everything out for me. With the %40 trade in bonus and my %10 PUR bonus i got $67.50 and paid off my Rage pre-order. Weird thing is they didn't charge me any tax on the game so i got 7.51 returned to me on a GC :bouncy:

Dragon Age 2 PS3 - 23
Fear 3 PS3 - 22[/QUOTE]

why do you guys get gift cards. Doesn't the remaining credit that you obtain get put on your pur card?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']why do you guys get gift cards. Doesn't the remaining credit that you obtain get put on your pur card?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the PUR card anymore, i lost it. I just give them my phone number whenever i shop there. Maybe that's why idk.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I don't have the PUR card anymore, i lost it. I just give them my phone number whenever i shop there. Maybe that's why idk.[/QUOTE]

The stores should have red cards with the bunny on them that function the same as a PUR card. If you have left over credit, it's supposed to be put on those or on the black PUR cards.

I went in to exchange my generic case online purchases and they let me swap the cases with no questions asked. They didn't even ask to see a receipt which makes me wonder, what if I just had generic cases lying around and wanted some new ones?

Anyone know if that E3 preorder list is complete? As in those are the only titles you can do the 40% bonus on?

I have all of those I want preordered but would consider Resistance 3, Dead Island, Saints Row, Bioshock...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Anyone know if that E3 preorder list is complete? As in those are the only titles you can do the 40% bonus on?

I have all of those I want preordered but would consider Resistance 3, Dead Island, Saints Row, Bioshock...[/QUOTE]

Those are the only games on their scan sheet.

You can reserve it with that certain game and then switch it over if you would like.

[quote name='Ace!']Those are the only games on their scan sheet.

You can reserve it with that certain game and then switch it over if you would like.[/QUOTE]
Doubt my store will let me do that. I tried yesterday to cancel Skyrim to get the 40% bonus towards it and they said they couldnt. Of course I know they can and just didn't want to..I could have simply canceled the preorder and come in another day and done the +40% so I dont see why they gave me a hard time about it but whatever..

I may be a douche and just cancel all my preorders with them if they wont let me fix it I guess. Really didnt want to do that though.

Is it normally easy to switch a preorder from one game to another? What about one youve used a promo on? I've never done it but doesn't seem like my GS is going to be thrilled with me trying.

Edit: I have all my preorders completely paid off if that makes any difference at all.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Went to Gamestop and they straighten everything out for me. With the %40 trade in bonus and my %10 PUR bonus i got $67.50 and paid off my Rage pre-order. Weird thing is they didn't charge me any tax on the game so i got 7.51 returned to me on a GC :bouncy:

Dragon Age 2 PS3 - 23
Fear 3 PS3 - 22[/QUOTE]

Nice..I kinda thought you were screwed on that one.:applause:

[quote name='Ace!']My store told me that I could change it no problem.

You can always pick up the preorder and bring is back sealed and get your money on a gift card.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I called mine and they said they should be able to change my preorder for Rage (which I accidentally ordered twice..) to any other game on that E3 list, but not anything other than that.

For Skyrim they were just being assholes so I'm kinda ticked about that. I'm going to get the deal I want one way or another..

I guess I'll play it safe, pick up the preorder for Rage and then just return it as you said. Thanks.

I feel like canceling it just to see if I get the full $60 credit for it or if it deducts the 40% bonus.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I change my pre-orders around all the time even if I used bonuses, they're just being inconvenient and I would cancel all my shit too.[/QUOTE]
Grrr figures. Yeah now I'm pretty pissed. Going to have to play hard ball I guess and if I dont get what I want cancel everything. Going to be a fun day.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Grrr figures. Yeah now I'm pretty pissed. Going to have to play hard ball I guess and if I dont get what I want cancel everything. Going to be a fun day.[/QUOTE]

Just return it later, you never know..they might add a valuable pre order bonus that you can get for free.

[quote name='Toss']Just return it later, you never know..they might add a valuable pre order bonus that you can get for free.[/QUOTE]
I'm torn lol but I think if they let me switch Rage (like they said I should be able to do if I come in) I'll just let it go and just change that order to Assassins Creed. There's other games I'd rather pre order but at least I wont have 2 copies of the same game on order, and if I decide to return AC I will when the time comes.

And thinking about it I remember them saying something about Ace Combat or Battlefield being 2 pre orders I could pick from for the 40% bonus and neither of those are on that list. Maybe they were mistaken?

[quote name='sasuke543']Does anyone know the answer to my question? :cry:[/QUOTE]
I dont know what actually happens if you cancel it. Try it and let me know asap though lol.

According to their written policies, I think you'll lose it. But in reality that might not be the case.

Yeah ive forgotten my PUR card before too. I wanted to cancel a $5 preorder and I just gave him my phone number and he put the credit on a gift card with the bunny on it.

[quote name='sasuke543']Does anyone know the answer to my question? :cry:[/QUOTE]

IDK, it should be like the other times Gamestop does something like this. You could preorder and a week later go cancel it, but if you were to preorder it then cancel it right after then the employee might say something IDK.

Dragon Age 2 - 23
Homefront - 17
Fear 3 - 22
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 24 (i think, he said something and i thought +50% i would do better with 36.50 i have locked in through amazon so i didnt trade this one in, sorry!)

all ps3, yeps. got mass effect 3 preorder paid off ;)

i have done the bonus tiv when preordering before, and then the next day walk in and cancel and they give me the full tiv on my card, no problems. i have not done that in a few months, but it used to be easy extra credit :)

Does anyone know the TIV for :ps3:Skate 3?

The one listed here hasn't been updated for nearly a year.

Thanks

edit: Had to call 4 different stores before I found one that would give me the value.

:ps3:Skate 3 - $10

I scored a couple of days ago; traded in some old 360 games and got a lot more than i expected.

Black Ops
Harry Potter OOTP
Call of Duty 2 GOTY
Spider Man Friend or Foe
Left 4 Dead
Saints Row 2
GTA 4

after 40% promo +10% PUR bonus=$87.00
Mass Effect 3 preorder paid off:bouncy:

( i would post TIVs, but like i said, this was days ago, and since i'm new, i had to wait to post :cry:)

Has anyone had trouble with trading in a 360/ps3 copy of a game at the same time? Tried to trade in two copies of DA2 and the guy said they could only take one at a time.

[quote name='Velo214']Dragon Age 2 - 23
Homefront - 17
Fear 3 - 22
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 24 (i think, he said something and i thought +50% i would do better with 36.50 i have locked in through amazon so i didnt trade this one in, sorry!)

all ps3, yeps. got mass effect 3 preorder paid off ;)

i have done the bonus tiv when preordering before, and then the next day walk in and cancel and they give me the full tiv on my card, no problems. i have not done that in a few months, but it used to be easy extra credit :)[/QUOTE]

Can you PM me which GS you use for that, since you are in STL. I'd like to know which ones are the 'nicest' -- the dudes in sunset hills are crazy.

[quote name='jlenny']Has anyone had trouble with trading in a 360/ps3 copy of a game at the same time? Tried to trade in two copies of DA2 and the guy said they could only take one at a time.[/QUOTE]

I've done the same game, multiple systems plenty of times. You just got a guy being difficult.

so are people able to get +40% TIV without putting it towards a future game? the regular extra 40% tiv starts July 1st so was just wondering. I also have a B2G1 coupon so am considering some flips (either Amazon/BB or waiting for the extra 40%)

DerClaw, yeah, it's the sunset hills location. i wish the crestwood location wasn't closed cuz I was friends with all those guys and that really cute girl worked there, but no more. Yeah, sunset hills workers are douches but I tell them what to do and they do it. I traded in DA2 yesterday and did the same today and no problems. 16+16=32 -> 69, so mass effect 3 paid off and extra $9 for only $32, yay!

I loved it when we had 2 gamestops within 1 minute of eachother. I would do b2g1f and then flip at the other one for profit and then b2g1f there and trade in at the other one. now i gotta drive to find a 2nd gs, so i only just do sunset hills.

also, i read from ya that i yanked that dr2 from ya(sorry!) but crestwood bestbuy is awesome when it comes to flips/deals most of the time. I have never found a penny guide but they have been taking the pdf printed up coupons from the mag with no problems and let me trade in as many copies of a game that i want at a time. just traded 4 blops and 2 fear3's there today for 185 and then got 200 amazon kindles, woot.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so are people able to get +40% TIV without putting it towards a future game? the regular extra 40% tiv starts July 1st so was just wondering. I also have a B2G1 coupon so am considering some flips (either Amazon/BB or waiting for the extra 40%)[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the person at GS. I had one person say I had to preorder a e3 game with the full credit but then I went to another one and he said I could just put $1 of the e3 game and the keep the rest of the credits or add them to other games.:cool: He said you don't have to you the rest on an e3 title to get the full credit.

Oh and the first place I went said that dead Island was a e3 title:whistle2:s So what did I do, I preorder with the trade-in.:D

Battlefield 3 is on the E3 list as I preordered it with the 40% bonus today. Which do you all think would be better, Battlefield 3 or COD:MW3???

[quote name='GoVols']Battlefield 3 is on the E3 list as I preordered it with the 40% bonus today. Which do you all think would be better, Battlefield 3 or COD:MW3???[/QUOTE]

I think you just got lucky with BF3 (as I did with dead island) bc its not on the e3 list. I would have to say BF3 should be on the list, though.

At another gamestop, they let me get the 40% bonus on my trades, put $5 credit down on Batman Arkham City, and they let me put the rest of my credit that had the boost on a NCAA 2012 pre-order. How's that??? I'd say...awesome. Both Battlefield 3 (free upgrade to ???something??? with free maps and such) and NCAA 2012 (free 5 star quarterback recruits) are midnight releases...with bonuses...Oh yeah...(was that overkill???)...sorry!!! I just don't think that I want both Battlefield 3 and COD: MW3. That was a tough one.

iconxbox360.gif
F3AR $22
iconxbox360.gif
Shift 2 Unleashed $17
iconxbox360.gif
Dragon Age 2 $23

I got $93 total. Put $59.99 towards Rage and $33.01 towards Batman Arkham City. Teller didn't want to take my copy of F3AR and "was sure" the used SKU wasn't in there system. I told him that I would usually put it on craigslist or ebay but everyone seems to be undercutting each other and I wouldn't get much for an opened copy with the online pass gone. Crazy that I got more for Dragon Age 2 than F3AR.

Sorry if this has been asked,
So if we trade 7+ games, we get 30% bonus tier trade, do we still get an extra 40% toward pre-order the listed games?

[quote name='kouleefoh']Sorry if this has been asked,
So if we trade 7+ games, we get 30% bonus tier trade, do we still get an extra 40% toward pre-order the listed games?[/QUOTE]

No. Promos don't stack.
*Not for you kouleefoh*,
but PUR isn't considered promo asshole.
You know who you are guy who was about to attempt to correct me and now feels stupid.
:cool: :twoguns:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']No. Promos don't stack.
*Not for you kouleefoh*,
but PUR isn't considered promo asshole.
You know who you are guy who was about to attempt to correct me and now feels stupid.
:cool: :twoguns:[/QUOTE]
Gotcha, I just read the fine prints about cannot combine with other offers and was about to edit, just to see your reply. Thanks for the response.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Gotcha, I just read the fine prints about cannot combine with other offers and was about to edit, just to see your reply. Thanks for the response.[/QUOTE]

Or think about the fact that they probably would not leave open a window for about 2 or 3 weeks where we could get an 80% bonus to the TIV without reducing the TIV of every game to 50 cents.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']
iconxbox360.gif
F3AR $22
iconxbox360.gif
Shift 2 Unleashed $17
iconxbox360.gif
Dragon Age 2 $23

I got $93 total. Put $59.99 towards Rage and $33.01 towards Batman Arkham City. Teller didn't want to take my copy of F3AR and "was sure" the used SKU wasn't in there system. I told him that I would usually put it on craigslist or ebay but everyone seems to be undercutting each other and I wouldn't get much for an opened copy with the online pass gone. Crazy that I got more for Dragon Age 2 than F3AR.[/QUOTE]

Dang F3AR for $22 now huh? If the TIV is going down im wondering if I should just go trade it in now or if I should wait for the other 40% trade in that starts July.

I went and put a pre order for Disgaea 4 Premium edition and it's now required a $10 down instead of $5. anyone know whats up with that?

[quote name='shinryu333']I went and put a pre order for Disgaea 4 Premium edition and it's now required a $10 down instead of $5. anyone know whats up with that?
[/QUOTE]

Hmm...not sure about the increase. I know like the big collector editions $100+ require more and so do systems. Maybe since it is a premium edition, it got lumped in with the pricier ones even though it's $60

[quote name='GoVols']At another gamestop, they let me get the 40% bonus on my trades, put $5 credit down on Batman Arkham City, and they let me put the rest of my credit that had the boost on a NCAA 2012 pre-order. How's that??? I'd say...awesome. Both Battlefield 3 (free upgrade to ???something??? with free maps and such) and NCAA 2012 (free 5 star quarterback recruits) are midnight releases...with bonuses...Oh yeah...(was that overkill???)...sorry!!! I just don't think that I want both Battlefield 3 and COD: MW3. That was a tough one.[/QUOTE]

Personally buying BF: 3 on release date, Ill play the MW3 campaign at some point, but overall it looks like more of the same.

[quote name='Darkhate']It all depends on the person at GS. I had one person say I had to preorder a e3 game with the full credit but then I went to another one and he said I could just put $1 of the e3 game and the keep the rest of the credits or add them to other games.:cool: He said you don't have to you the rest on an e3 title to get the full credit.

Oh and the first place I went said that dead Island was a e3 title:whistle2:s So what did I do, I preorder with the trade-in.:D[/QUOTE]

ok thanks for that.

So once July is here, there will be TWO separate +40% tiv bonus offers right? I really don't understand why gs would have two of (basically) the same offers going on.

[quote name='vashtheowner']Dang F3AR for $22 now huh? If the TIV is going down im wondering if I should just go trade it in now or if I should wait for the other 40% trade in that starts July.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so F3AR ended up being $33. The problem is the market is flooded with cheap unopened copies people are trying to rid themselves of for like $35 so I can't really sell an opened used copy with no online code for $40 or so like I normally would this soon to release date.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Yeah so F3AR ended up being $33. The problem is the market is flooded with cheap unopened copies people are trying to rid themselves of for like $35 so I can't really sell an opened used copy with no online code for $40 or so like I normally would this soon to release date.[/QUOTE]

Dang, hopefully it goes up tuesday, if it doesn't I will just have to pre order an e3 game and cancel it later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back