GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
TIV for today 7/23/11
Ps3
Black Ops- $36.80
Ps2
Metal Slug 4-5 $2.40
Xbox 360
Fifa 11 $28.80 (all strached surprised they took it)

All after 50% plus 10% PUR member

Total $68
Paid completed Battlefield 3 and $5 for COD MW3

[quote name='WTFer']The 3 games for an extra $10 credit worked for you? So it's still in effect?[/QUOTE]

Yes definitely...

Although the computer screwed up at first... traded DMC4 (2), Dead Rising (2), Skateboarding (5) and XBLA Triple Pack (8)... I had one of the 40% bonus coupons that I wanted to apply to XBLA Triple pack and 3 for $10 on the others... the computer applied the 40% bonus (+10% PUR) to DMC4 and game me $3 for it and only 3.34 bonus to the triple pack for a total of $29.70... so I had them do it in 2 transactions and I ended up with $31.90.

EDIT - the promo ends AUGUST 21st... did you think it said July 21st?

[quote name='cheapfrag']Yes definitely...

Although the computer screwed up at first... traded DMC4 (2), Dead Rising (2), Skateboarding (5) and XBLA Triple Pack (8)... I had one of the 40% bonus coupons that I wanted to apply to XBLA Triple pack and 3 for $10 on the others... the computer applied the 40% bonus (+10% PUR) to DMC4 and game me $3 for it and only 3.34 bonus to the triple pack for a total of $29.70... so I had them do it in 2 transactions and I ended up with $31.90.

EDIT - the promo ends AUGUST 21st... did you think it said July 21st?[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah, I was just glancing through everything & thought it was July.

Can i do the trade in towards pre owned games and return them immediately after buying them and put the credit on my card? (to get 50%+ edge)?

[quote name='poker360']Can i do the trade in towards pre owned games and return them immediately after buying them and put the credit on my card? (to get 50%+ edge)?[/QUOTE]

Should work if you don't mind some dirty looks... or you could buy a $0.99 sports game (it would cost you $0.89 after PUR) to qualify for the 50% bonus and then trade that game to Best Buy for $1

[quote name='cheapfrag']Should work if you don't mind some dirty looks... or you could buy a $0.99 sports game (it would cost you $0.89 after PUR) to qualify for the 50% bonus and then trade that game to Best Buy for $1[/QUOTE]

I believe it says full value must go towards pre owned games. I don't care if i get dirty looks, i've spent plenty of money there and they know it.

I mean, i have the 40% coupon and i could use that, but i could get a bout $4.50 more with the 50% promo for what i want to trade in.

Base Values:

:360:

Vanquish - $5
Left 4 Dead 2 - $12
Bayonetta - $6
Fight Night: Champion - $18
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - $6
You Don't Know Jack - $10
Medal of Honor - $8

:ps3:

Killzone 2 - $6

[quote name='poker360']I believe it says full value must go towards pre owned games. I don't care if i get dirty looks, i've spent plenty of money there and they know it.

I mean, i have the 40% coupon and i could use that, but i could get a bout $4.50 more with the 50% promo for what i want to trade in.[/QUOTE]

I had a 40% coupon as well but the Gamestop that I went to allowed me to purchase $21.03 in used games and put the rest of the credit (34.97) on my PUR card

Old 360 - $110
Black Ops PS3 - $36.80
GT 5 - $35.20
Borderlands GOTY - $16
Ratchet&Clank: Crack in time - $14.40
Unreal Tournament - $1.21
MotorStorm - $2.40

Total $216.01

[quote name='saosin42']Base Values:

:360:

Vanquish - $5
Left 4 Dead 2 - $12
Bayonetta - $6
Fight Night: Champion - $18
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - $6
You Don't Know Jack - $10
Medal of Honor - $8

Killzone 2 - $6[/QUOTE]

I love your Arrested Development sig
icon_biggrin.gif

Just wanted to bump this back to the first page and say thanks as a new CAGer. Its great to be able to see what my games are worth right here on the site!

[quote name='UberSwiss']Does anyone know if I can trade in games towards the 50% bonus and use a PowerUp Rewards coupon? Thanks for any answers[/QUOTE]

Yes, any offer can always be stacked with the card.

Just got 2 quotes

(PS3) Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast 2 17.00
(3DS) Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition 17.00

Much higher than i thought for both, guess ill be trading them both toward my Catherine Deluxe this week ^_^.

i have a question about the 40% trade in bonus coupon, where do you get the coupon? do you print it out or is it sent you to via email? sry if someone has already answered this question but i've been looking for the answer in the previous 10 pages and i cant seem to find it

[quote name='exaznkid']i have a question about the 40% trade in bonus coupon, where do you get the coupon? do you print it out or is it sent you to via email? sry if someone has already answered this question but i've been looking for the answer in the previous 10 pages and i cant seem to find it[/QUOTE]

go to the first page. Better yet do the 50% and buy a super cheap game and then put the rest of the credit on your card.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Does anyone know if I can trade in games towards the 50% bonus and use a PowerUp Rewards coupon? Thanks for any answers[/QUOTE]

Nope. Buying the used game at regular price is part of the extra 50% bonus. If you use a coupon on the game, your 50% bonus will disappear. I tried buying Army of Two last week since it was the used deal of the week, but the computer would not give it to me for the sale price because I was trading in games for the 50% bonus.

Of course the employees did not know this and were very confused and overrode the price for me anyway.

what card are u talking about exactly, is it the PUR pro? also i read that the trade in credit u get from the 50% bonus must all be applied to a used game or accessory

[quote name='exaznkid']what card are u talking about exactly, is it the PUR pro? also i read that the trade in credit u get from the 50% bonus must all be applied to a used game or accessory[/QUOTE]

yes to the card and no to the credit. just buy a .99 cent game and tell them to put the rest on a GC or your PUR card.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yes to the card and no to the credit. just buy a .99 cent game and tell them to put the rest on a GC or your PUR card.[/QUOTE]
cool im gonna try to get on that today thx

Can I trade in games worth $100 of store credit and get $150 credit if I apply it all towards a 99 cent used game leaving me with 149 credit?

[quote name='matrix9280']Can I trade in games worth $100 of store credit and get $150 credit if I apply it all towards a 99 cent used game leaving me with 149 credit?[/QUOTE]
yes

Boy did the bitchy employee at my gamestop have a hissy fit when i traded in towards "pre owned" (.99) game and the rest towards my pre orders.

Holy fucking shit.

[quote name='poker360']Boy did the bitchy employee at my gamestop have a hissy fit when i traded in towards "pre owned" (.99) game and the rest towards my pre orders.

Holy fucking shit.[/QUOTE]

Any video? :D

[quote name='Josh5890']Any video? :D[/QUOTE]

Nah lol, i should've.

She's like.. it's fraud if you do this blabhlbahlbah... i could lose my job lahlbhalbhalh..... i'm like.. k... i want my extra 7 bucks for trading in towards pre owned. I ended up winning and getting some trash ps2 game for .99 (and throwing it away), and put the rest towards my pre orders.

I really don't see the big deal, i shop there all the time, and it is rather legitimate. The offer says trade in full value towards pre owned (im surprisedi could do the .99 thing). Their other policy says you can returned used games within 7 days. Everything i was doing was 100% within their policy (although i ended up taking that easy route with just getting a .99 game)

I almost jsut saaid.. you know what? fuck it.. just gimme the 40% trade in promo instead... But after that bitch got all fucking pissy, i was determined to do it.

If I try to do this 50% bonus credit towards a pre-owned $.99 game, is it better to tell them what I'm doing off the bat, or have them ring it all up then bust out the cheap game? What's the best tactic to go about this with the least amount of resistance?

And I'm not too familiar with the Power Up benefits, but does that jump it up to a 60% bonus credit? So would it be worth it to buy a PUR card then do the 60% trade in? Thanks for any help or info.

Trade ins 7/23/11

Kick-Ass (UMD - I was happy they still accepted these) - 1.20

Wii:

Okami - 8
FlingSmash (Game Only) - 4
Wii Play Motion (Game Only) - 14

Gamecube

Custom Robo - 1.50

DS

Yoshi's Island DS - 14
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - 13
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - 11

PS3

Portal 2 - 22
Lego Rock Band - 2.50

PS2

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - 10
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - 9

Pretty pleased, got 176.39 total and then bought Star Wars Battlefront II for PS2 for 7.19 (after PUR), although I might return it since I have it on PC :p

[quote name='Briar36']If I try to do this 50% bonus credit towards a pre-owned $.99 game, is it better to tell them what I'm doing off the bat, or have them ring it all up then bust out the cheap game? What's the best tactic to go about this with the least amount of resistance?

And I'm not too familiar with the Power Up benefits, but does that jump it up to a 60% bonus credit? So would it be worth it to buy a PUR card then do the 60% trade in? Thanks for any help or info.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, don't tell them anything, just tell them u wanna trade towards pre owned.

[quote name='Briar36']If I try to do this 50% bonus credit towards a pre-owned $.99 game, is it better to tell them what I'm doing off the bat, or have them ring it all up then bust out the cheap game? What's the best tactic to go about this with the least amount of resistance?

And I'm not too familiar with the Power Up benefits, but does that jump it up to a 60% bonus credit? So would it be worth it to buy a PUR card then do the 60% trade in? Thanks for any help or info.[/QUOTE]

When I did it, I let them know how everyone else was doing it. Picking up something like Sneak King since it's .99. They just laughed and some people have been doing that already. It's not wrong to do it that way, but some have problems for some reason. I would say get a feeling of how the employees are, but technically, there isn't anything wrong with it. Just depends if you feel like arguing about it with them in case they do make a fuss over it.

As for the PUR, the 10% is added to the 50%, its not already included into it. So if you want PUR just for that, I think it would depend on what exactly you are trading in. I think it's...what...$10? If you trade in a lot there, I don't see the harm.

I am surprised employees are making a big fuss about trading games and buying .99 PS2 games. I went to my local store today and wasn't even aware of this 50% promotion deal. The employee said that I should get an used game to get more credit and he pulled a crappy $1.99 PS2 game. He said if you buy this you will get an extra $14. I said hell yeah and got some random $1.99 racing game.

Very nice guy for once.

[quote name='oasisboy']I am surprised employees are making a big fuss about trading games and and buying .99 PS2 games. I went to my local store today and wasn't even aware of this 50% promotion deal. The employee said that I should get an used game to get more credit and he pulled a crappy $1.99 PS2 game. He said if you buy this you will get an extra $14. I said hell yeah and got some random $1.99 racing game.

Very nice guy for once.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the main manager at the store i'm sure wouldn't have had a problem with it.. But this assistant manager woman.. my god.. like why does she care.

[quote name='poker360']Yeah, the main manager at the store i'm sure wouldn't have had a problem with it.. But this assistant manager woman.. my god.. like why does she care.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...

I can't believe I got $22.50 for Uncharted 2 (and it wasn't the GOTY edition). GameStop gets so much hate but they do have decent deals / trades every now and then.

[quote name='poker360']Nah lol, i should've.

She's like.. it's fraud if you do this blabhlbahlbah... i could lose my job lahlbhalbhalh..... i'm like.. k... i want my extra 7 bucks for trading in towards pre owned. I ended up winning and getting some trash ps2 game for .99 (and throwing it away), and put the rest towards my pre orders.

I really don't see the big deal, i shop there all the time, and it is rather legitimate. The offer says trade in full value towards pre owned (im surprisedi could do the .99 thing). Their other policy says you can returned used games within 7 days. Everything i was doing was 100% within their policy (although i ended up taking that easy route with just getting a .99 game)

I almost jsut saaid.. you know what? fuck it.. just gimme the 40% trade in promo instead... But after that bitch got all fucking pissy, i was determined to do it.[/QUOTE]

You are totally correct. There is absolutely nothing deceptive about what you were doing so it could not be construed as fraud.

Maybe it's just me getting older but I just do not have the patience for the nonsense that some (not all) employees spew towards customers. The guys at my store are great so I am in no way condemning the entire chain. I just have a significant problem with the type of employees who use words like "fraud" without even knowing what that actually means.

The preorder stuff is a PITA but that's their policy and the employees have to ask so I don't get bothered by that. In fact the guys in my store will sometimes ask me to preorder something as opposed to asking me if I want to preorder something. I realize that's their way of saying "hey, I could use a favor". I have no problem with that and always help out. That said, when i go to different stores, I witness the type of stuff you experienced and it infuriates me.

End Rant. I will post at least two TIVs tomorrow to make up for ranting.

[quote name='bgame2']You are totally correct. There is absolutely nothing deceptive about what you were doing so it could not be construed as fraud.

Maybe it's just me getting older but I just do not have the patience for the nonsense that some (not all) employees spew towards customers. The guys at my store are great so I am in no way condemning the entire chain. I just have a significant problem with the type of employees who use words like "fraud" without even knowing what that actually means.

The preorder stuff is a PITA but that's their policy and the employees have to ask so I don't get bothered by that. In fact the guys in my store will sometimes ask me to preorder something as opposed to asking me if I want to preorder something. I realize that's their way of saying "hey, I could use a favor". I have no problem with that and always help out. That said, when i go to different stores, I witness the type of stuff you experienced and it infuriates me.

End Rant. I will post at least two TIVs tomorrow to make up for ranting.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see people agree with me. I kinda want to go in the store when the guy manager is working, just to discuss it with him, because i'm sure they talked about me after i left and i'm sure she is going to talk to him about it.

Sounds like you just got a pissy employee. The ones i deal with here never have any issues with this sort of thing. (Hell, they didnt even have problems with cross store returns during the Buy 2 Get 1 Free thing, even helped me find the games i wanted)

I never go to GameStop, and yesterday was the first time I went to the one right down the street from me that's been there for years. As soon as I walked in, the employee saw my games, asked if I was trading them in and told me to grab a $.99 game and he could give me 50% extra for the value. There was a manager near him setting up a game poster with another employee and no one cared.

I did get annoyed when he pressured me to pre-order something, but I wanted to pre-order Gears of War 3, so I let it slide and went through with it. I had been putting off going to the store because of the horror stories I've always heard about GameStop, so it's disappointing to hear that an employee gave such an issue about something that other employees are actually encouraging.

Depending upon her attitude, it might be worth calling to complain about, especially if it really did deter your business. Not to attack a person and hurt their job, but, if it costs the store business, they probably would take action to correct that.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I never go to GameStop, and yesterday was the first time I went to the one right down the street from me that's been there for years. As soon as I walked in, the employee saw my games, asked if I was trading them in and told me to grab a $.99 game and he could give me 50% extra for the value. There was a manager near him setting up a game poster with another employee and no one cared.

I did get annoyed when he pressured me to pre-order something, but I wanted to pre-order Gears of War 3, so I let it slide and went through with it. I had been putting off going to the store because of the horror stories I've always heard about GameStop, so it's disappointing to hear that an employee gave such an issue about something that other employees are actually encouraging.

Depending upon her attitude, it might be worth calling to complain about, especially if it really did deter your business. Not to attack a person and hurt their job, but, if it costs the store business, they probably would take action to correct that.[/QUOTE]

I did several surveys for her, i didn't say nice things :cool:

These trade-in promos only work towards games, not consoles, unless specifically stated otherwise, correct? Like I wouldn't get the +50% on a PS2 console if I bought a used game?

i got around 30 bucks for some crap games all my receipt has is the total value not the base. But in any case i told the girl what i was going to do buy a crap game and put the rest on a card and she was like oh cool thats fine. Her and the other goofy chick were more then happy to hook me up only beef i had was a refurb fee on wii sports but i dont even have a wii lol.

i plan on buying the refurbishment $99 x360 cause mine unit is totally dead and using it for a couple of weeks and then selling it on flakeslist for what i paid $110. Cant wait for darn school check so i can buy that sweet GOW edition x360

@ poker360, that's funny because the employees at my local gamestop actually said "you can trade all these in towards a .99 cent ps2 game btw, just do us a favor and don't trade this copy of madden 2003 (or whatever it was) back to us", also while ringing up my trade with the one employee (it was a big trade in), another employee took trade-ins from 2 other customers and did the same thing, she told them they could trade in towards .99 cent ps2 game and keep the rest of the credit. they were actually encouraging it and happily taking the trades. so idk what the problem was with the bitch you got, haha.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']@ poker360, that's funny because the employees at my local gamestop actually said "you can trade all these in towards a .99 cent ps2 game btw, just do us a favor and don't trade this copy of madden 2003 (or whatever it was) back to us", also while ringing up my trade with the one employee (it was a big trade in), another employee took trade-ins from 2 other customers and did the same thing, she told them they could trade in towards .99 cent ps2 game and keep the rest of the credit. they were actually encouraging it and happily taking the trades. so idk what the problem was with the bitch you got, haha.[/QUOTE]

Bitch needs to get fired.

Base TIV: 7/24
Dead to Rights: Retribution - 10
Blur - 8
The Wheelman - 8
Oblivion GOTY - 14

Ended up getting a used PSP single-UMD case for 99 cents, because the 99 cent :ps2: games were hidden away in the drawer. :wall: O well, I'll try to do an exchange or return next week and see if they'll allow it or not.

So which is the minimum price where the 40% is a better deal then the extra $10 for 3 games.

I have 6 games under $10 that i want to use the 3 for an extra $10 & I have an extra 3 games that have a TIV of $23, $12, $10 which I plan on using the 40% coupon.

I think my math is right on that.

I'm going to try and trade in 3 games torrorow and buy a 99 cent ps2 game and see will they give me 50 percent more credit and put the rest on a card but i have a feeling they won't though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back