GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Base TIV for 7/27:

XBox 360:
Dynasty Warriors 7 - $18

Child of Eden - Unable to trade. Apparently a glitch somehow had the TIV well above $100, so I was unable to trade it in. I was told that I could probably trade it next week...just as well, it's an omen for me to keep the game. :p

[quote name='GHardin']Base TIV for 7/27:

XBox 360:
Dynasty Warriors 7 - $18

Child of Eden - Unable to trade. Apparently a glitch somehow had the TIV well above $100, so I was unable to trade it in. I was told that I could probably trade it next week...just as well, it's an omen for me to keep the game. :p[/QUOTE]

If thats true, it would be interesting to see if anyone could try to trade in their copy under a ill-informed gs employee. Or is it your store that has the issue...

I called asked about loz phantom hourglass ds $5 dragon quest iv ds $6 twisted metal head on psp $1.50 daxter psp $0.50 harvest moon magical melody gamecube $2.50

[quote name='manicstreet']Here is the number for a gamestop in Novi, MI 248-348-5090

Give them a call and find out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manicstreet']Here is the number for a gamestop in Novi, MI 248-348-5090

Give them a call and find out.[/QUOTE]

I called. $160

I'm gonna laugh if they get a lot of calls about that now :p

Any one trade in Donkey Kong Country Returns recently? I saw a sign that said $25 base, but I forgot to ask to make sure. That would be a heck of deal considering you can get it for $25 at blockbuster.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Any one trade in Donkey Kong Country Returns recently? I saw a sign that said $25 base, but I forgot to ask to make sure. That would be a heck of deal considering you can get it for $25 at blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm. Traded it 7/20 and got 37.50 after +40% and PUR.

[quote name='Borellius']can you use the coupons more than once cause they still come out in my active offers? i have a 5 off used and b2g1 offer.[/QUOTE]

No, those are one time use codes.

Called-in Base TIV 7/28/11

:360:Xbox 360

Ben 10: Alien Force Vilgax Attacks $6
Bionic Commando $1
Halo: Reach $14
Peter Jackson's King Kong $2
Prey $0.25
Qubed $2
Sonic the Hedgehog $3
Stoked $1.50

If I trade in 3 games for the extra $10 promotion, will the extra $10 be put on my account or will I have to use the $10 on the spot towards something else?

[quote name='dyeknom']JP, is it easier for you if we use the save function in the tracker or here?[/QUOTE]
Not entirely sure what you are asking? Of course I'm kind of out of it so I could be misunderstanding.

Traded in some DS games today (base values):

New Super Mario Bros.: $15 (no change)
Scribblenauts: $5 (rose by $1)
Sonic Chronicles: Dark Brotherhood: $6 (rose by$0.50)

I put the trades toward a fantastic-condition copy of Rune Factory 3 ($16.19 after PUR discount), received $41.60 after the 50% and 10% PUR promos were applied, and got $25.41 credit put on my card.

BTW, JP, I noticed in the OP that there isn't a TIV value listed for Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box :)ds:), just a "$" symbol.

[quote name='PublikDefender']If I trade in 3 games for the extra $10 promotion, will the extra $10 be put on my account or will I have to use the $10 on the spot towards something else?[/QUOTE]

It would be added to your account/GS card.

[quote name='JP']Not entirely sure what you are asking? Of course I'm kind of out of it so I could be misunderstanding.[/QUOTE]

Thinking he is asking would it be easier to post the TiV on this thread or use the submit button on the TiV tab?

Okay, my skepticism has been quashed. Called and confirmed today.

Base TIV as of 07/28:

iconps3.gif
PS3:
Brutal Legend $1.50

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Thinking he is asking would it be easier to post the TiV on this thread or use the submit button on the TiV tab?[/QUOTE]
Ah okay. Honestly it's not to different either way. What i normally do is check the thread and create a list in notepad, separated by dates and alphabetically ordered. I then go through the TIV Moderation queue and place them in the date/console/alphabetical order in the notepad lists. I then update the lists then go through database and update. Ones that are already in the database listings that I've got into the notepad just get removed from my list at that point.

Long story short, yeah putting them in the database will save me some time. Most of the time my delays aren't in the range of putting them in the database, it's more of a getting everything sorted and ready to go. My work has been getting in the way of things lately.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='JP']Ah okay. Honestly it's not to different either way. What i normally do is check the thread and create a list in notepad, separated by dates and alphabetically ordered. I then go through the TIV Moderation queue and place them in the date/console/alphabetical order in the notepad lists. I then update the lists then go through database and update. Ones that are already in the database listings that I've got into the notepad just get removed from my list at that point.

Long story short, yeah putting them in the database will save me some time. Most of the time my delays aren't in the range of putting them in the database, it's more of a getting everything sorted and ready to go. My work has been getting in the way of things lately.

Updated lists and database.[/QUOTE]

I think we all appreciate what you do, JP. This thread has helped me out a ton when looking for TIVs on games.

If you were to ever ask for donations, I wouldn't mind pitching in for keeping this thread alive!

do you have to have an id to trade in games for store credit because the last time i went there the clerk told me that i needed one, the funny thing is that i have been trading games to that store for over 6 years and this was a new clerk that i had never seen there before,and if i don`t need one i think it is because i did not want top preorder anything because i already preordered mw3 and i told her that and she said that she did not care because there were a bunch of games coming out other then that one.so please tell me so that i go in there tomorrow to get things straight

[quote name='antonio23']do you have to have an id to trade in games for store credit because the last time i went there the clerk told me that i needed one, the funny thing is that i have been trading games to that store for over 6 years and this was a new clerk that i had never seen there before,and if i don`t need one i think it is because i did not want top preorder anything because i already preordered mw3 and i told her that and she said that she did not care because there were a bunch of games coming out other then that one.so please tell me so that i go in there tomorrow to get things straight[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl:

[quote name='antonio23']do you have to have an id to trade in games for store credit because the last time i went there the clerk told me that i needed one, the funny thing is that i have been trading games to that store for over 6 years and this was a new clerk that i had never seen there before,and if i don`t need one i think it is because i did not want top preorder anything because i already preordered mw3 and i told her that and she said that she did not care because there were a bunch of games coming out other then that one.so please tell me so that i go in there tomorrow to get things straight[/QUOTE]

/facepalm

As of today (7/28), the trade-in values for Infamous 2 (PS3) and Nascar 2011: The Game (X360) are still the same.

Thanks to PUR, the bonus $10, and a bonus 40% for pre-ordering, I got around $100 just for Nascar 2011 and two copies of Infamous 2. Not too shabby, especially considering I got them all for free.

[quote name='ZombieToast']As of today (7/28), the trade-in values for Infamous 2 (PS3) and Nascar 2011: The Game (X360) are still the same.

Thanks to PUR, the bonus $10, and a bonus 40% for pre-ordering, I got around $100 just for Nascar 2011 and two copies of Infamous 2. Not too shabby, especially considering I got them all for free.[/QUOTE]

So the 3 for $10 and the 40% bonus for pre-ordering a game stack?

[quote name='cheapfrag']So the 3 for $10 and the 40% bonus for pre-ordering a game stack?[/QUOTE]
Apparently so. If not, then they were feeling generous. My total came out to about $72 and the guy asked if I wanted to pre-order anything. They were closing and I hadn't put any thought into it, so I said I would wait, but the other employee said "Dude, you'll get a bonus 40% if you pre-order something from this list!" The first guy didn't believe that it would still give me the bonus, but he scanned the barcode (after I decided to pre-order Skyward Sword and Gears of War 3) and it bumped my credit up to $99.

I can't follow every post in this thread, so I don't know if other stores are stacking these two deals, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Apparently so. If not, then they were feeling generous. My total came out to about $72 and the guy asked if I wanted to pre-order anything. They were closing and I hadn't put any thought into it, so I said I would wait, but the other employee said "Dude, you'll get a bonus 40% if you pre-order something from this list!" The first guy didn't believe that it would still give me the bonus, but he scanned the barcode (after I decided to pre-order Skyward Sword and Gears of War 3) and it bumped my credit up to $99.

I can't follow every post in this thread, so I don't know if other stores are stacking these two deals, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try.[/QUOTE]

If seems like you didn't get the 3 for $10 deal but only got the 40% pre-order bonus
23 + 23 + 20 = 66 * 1.1 (PUR) = $72.60 * 1.4 (PO bonus) = $99

TIV as of 7/29
All xbox360

Tron Evolution - $9
Metal Slug Anthology - $3
Sin&Punishment - $4

Went in trying to pay off Blood Stone before I picked it up and totally forgot they had the trade 3/$10 thing going on. Got the game for free essentially though it was a gutted copy. Meh.

Base Values (7/29/11)

Hardware/Accesories
  • Xbox 360 (Slim 4GB): $85.00
  • 360-Wired Headset: $3.00
  • 360-Slim 250GB HDD: $25.00
  • HDMI Cable: $5.00
  • Kinect: $45.00
Games (all Xbox 360)
  • Child of Eden: $18.00
  • Mortal Kombat: $23.00
  • Crackdown 2: $5.00
  • Final Fantasy XIII: $7.00
  • LA Noire: $17.00
  • Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock: $7.00
  • Kinect Adventures: $0.50
Overall total:
$240.50

After 10%-extra (PowerUp), 3=$10 offer and $50 hardware bonus:
$321.59

Overall really nice, since after bonuses, I got more for the games (like Crackdown 2, Child of Eden, Mortal Kombat and Guitar Hero) than what I originally paid for; and in other games barely lost much (like: paid $15 for FFXIII, got $11 for it). And most of the stuff was acquired through trade-ins [credit] (like the hardware).

Ok so I'm finally going to hop in on these deals they have going. My problem is that I have a few games that I would get less than $7 in credit for. Is the +$10 for 3 games better than the +60% (50% + 10% PUR) if I have like 6-12 games that fall under the $7 cap of gains?

Also, I'm turning in a Wii and a 360 as well. I kind of want to pre-order a PS Vita, but I'm not sure if the $50 in extra credit would be a waste for me. I'm not 100% on getting a Vita day 1. My real goal is to turn in enough games that everything I want from Sept - Dec. will be paid for with credit. I've already done spreadsheets with GS, Amazon, Glyde, and Ebay totals and so far I'll be getting about 150-200 from Amazon and close to 400 (or more) from GS (that is without the 50$ system credit).

I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to go before Sunday, the last of the promo. Either way, I'll give this thread a massive updated TIV list.

[quote name='xinoart']Ok so I'm finally going to hop in on these deals they have going. My problem is that I have a few games that I would get less than $7 in credit for. Is the +$10 for 3 games better than the +60% (50% + 10% PUR) if I have like 6-12 games that fall under the $7 cap of gains?

Also, I'm turning in a Wii and a 360 as well. I kind of want to pre-order a PS Vita, but I'm not sure if the $50 in extra credit would be a waste for me. I'm not 100% on getting a Vita day 1. My real goal is to turn in enough games that everything I want from Sept - Dec. will be paid for with credit. I've already done spreadsheets with GS, Amazon, Glyde, and Ebay totals and so far I'll be getting about 150-200 from Amazon and close to 400 (or more) from GS (that is without the 50$ system credit).

I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to go before Sunday, the last of the promo. Either way, I'll give this thread a massive updated TIV list.[/QUOTE]

Yep; a few things look out for though...
  • Any game at $7 or more, you'll be better with the 50% offer ($3.50 more), though the difference with the 3=$10 offer is an extra $3.34 per game. If you really want the extra ($0.16); you'll be better separating any game of $6 or less and combine those into the $3=$10 offer.
  • Keep in mind that the 50% offer, you have to buy something used (game, accessory, etc.) So, if you want to apply that offer, make sure to look out for something really cheap and add it with the games you're planning on trading to take advantage of that 50% offer.
  • Also keep in mnd that the $50 hardware bonus, only applies for buying another hardware. If you're trading the Wii and the Xbox 360, to get the $50 bonus for each, you need to buy a PSP, 3DS, Wii, 360..any other console/handheld to get the bonus; and the hardware (from what I've seen and been told) needs to be available, so you can't get the $50 bonus by preordering the Vita or any software (games).
Good luck overall, and yep..post the list of values after you do it! :bouncy:

[quote name='feroca']Yep; a few things look out for though...
  • Any game at $7 or more, you'll be better with the 50% offer ($3.50 more), though the difference with the 3=$10 offer is an extra $3.34 per game. If you really want the extra ($0.16); you'll be better separating any game of $6 or less and combine those into the $3=$10 offer.
  • Keep in mind that the 50% offer, you have to buy something used (game, accessory, etc.) So, if you want to apply that offer, make sure to look out for something really cheap and add it with the games you're planning on trading to take advantage of that 50% offer.
  • Also keep in mnd that the $50 hardware bonus, only applies for buying another hardware. If you're trading the Wii and the Xbox 360, to get the $50 bonus for each, you need to buy a PSP, 3DS, Wii, 360..any other console/handheld to get the bonus; and the hardware (from what I've seen and been told) needs to be available, so you can't get the $50 bonus by preordering the Vita or any software (games).
Good luck overall, and yep..post the list of values after you do it! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. I just did some quick math and $6 really seems to be the cutoff point (if they're all $6 bucks - $.80 cents more with the 50% + 10% PUR). If any of the three are less than $6 then you get less than the +$10 deal.

Is it confirmed that it has to be a system available and not one you can pre-order?

Does anyone know what the TIV is of MK9 Tournament Edition is WITH the stick (PS3)? I haven't seen anything posted about the stick, just the game separately. I'm not sure if that's something I should hang on to or not.

Has anyone used one of the $10 off PUR coupons yet? I'm trying to find out if the coupon will work on something that is $9.99. Thanks

[quote name='dino88']Has anyone used one of the $10 off PUR coupons yet? I'm trying to find out if the coupon will work on something that is $9.99. Thanks[/QUOTE]

it will but don't expect that penny back. EX. IF you buy something that's $6 don't expect $4 back. Don't know if tax appiles

[quote name='Royal High Knight']it will but don't expect that penny back. EX. IF you buy something that's $6 don't expect $4 back. Don't know if tax appiles[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wasn't expecting any money back, I just didn't know if what I was purchasing had to be over $10 (like the Kmart coupons).

Yeah, when I tried a $10 coupon back then buying something for $9.99, the coupon just reduced the item to $0 and since they can't charge tax to $0; just gave me a receipt (and the item). :bouncy:

[quote name='xinoart']Thanks for the quick response. I just did some quick math and $6 really seems to be the cutoff point (if they're all $6 bucks - $.80 cents more with the 50% + 10% PUR). If any of the three are less than $6 then you get less than the +$10 deal.

Is it confirmed that it has to be a system available and not one you can pre-order?

Does anyone know what the TIV is of MK9 Tournament Edition is WITH the stick (PS3)? I haven't seen anything posted about the stick, just the game separately. I'm not sure if that's something I should hang on to or not.[/QUOTE]
Asked a friend that works there and he told me, that yep...needs to be hardware available. The offer is activated only when they hit 'total' and there's a hardware (with serial number) scanned. Don't know if it's like that in every store, but he made it look as it was, since it's the computer applying the bonus; not the employee.

For the MK-stick, he told me to ask in your store. It seems that it may not be offiicially accepted, but some stores do accept them but as third-party controllers (and therefore giving under $10 of credit for them).

TIV from today

:360:

Ass Creed Bro Hood - $15
Batman Arkham - $9
Homefront - $12
Xbox Triple Pack - $8
Halo 3 - $2
Fifa 2009 - $5
Alpha Protocol - $4

:wii:

New Super Mario Bros - $22

:ds:

Nintendogs: Dalmatian - $7

Had to do the 3 for $10 separately (Halo, Alpha, and Fifa) as computer was just bumping 50%.

Scored $140 in credit and bought Supreme Commander to get my 50% bonus.

7/29/11

Wii

Super Mario Galaxy 2 : $22
Donkey Kong Returns : $25

Xbox 360

Halo Reach : $14

Got $97.40 total and got a used copy of DMC4 (eluded me playing it for a long time) fir $7.19 after PUR. trades for $4 after promo to BB so I'll beat it this weekend and trade it in

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Has nobody really traded in Fear 3 (F3ar, for those who..yeah) for the PS3? I've scoured the pages!![/QUOTE]

When I traded my FEAR 3 for PS on 7/23/11 the base value was $20. Check the first few posts in this thread. There is a list of all games by platform with the last traded TIV as reported by CAGs.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Has nobody really traded in Fear 3 (F3ar, for those who..yeah) for the PS3? I've scoured the pages!![/QUOTE]

On first page, as of 7/23 it was $20 base.

Hunted: Demon's Forge (Base $20) $30 w/card
Infinite Undiscovery (Base $3) $4.50 w/card
GH: Metallica (Base $6) $9 w/card

$43.50 -> Battlefield 3 (360)

[quote name='DFogz']Does this Trade 3 for $10extra stack with itself? For example if I trade in 6 games would I get $20 extra, or only $10?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you get $10 for every 3 games.

[quote name='DFogz']Does this Trade 3 for $10extra stack with itself? For example if I trade in 6 games would I get $20 extra, or only $10?[/QUOTE]

It stacks. GS is good at making it 1 transaction unlike BB that you have to talk the "customer specialist" through how to make it work.

Base values from today:

Dead to Rights: Retribution $8
Halo Wars $11
Halo: Reach $14

:ps3:
Blur $8
Ratchet & Clank: ACiT $9
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $15

Came out to $104 with the bonus. Managed to find a Child of Eden still marked $26.99 (apparently price is back up to $44.99 used), but I went to my favorite GS where every employee is pretty awesome, and they adjusted it to match the sticker price without me having to ask. Also grabbed a copy of Bloodstone for $10, then threw down $25 on The Old Republic CE; still had about $40 left over. Good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back