GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I hope I'm able to score a unit tomorrow, and if I do, I hope the extra $25 is still in play.[/QUOTE]

It goes til 6/27 I believe, so you're good! :)

Anyone think they'll take my PSP with a broken LCD on a refurb fee? It's obvious that it turns on and everything, it's just completely unplayable. Also, how much do you guys think a charger should cost me in-store?

Hooray for cheap used DS games!

6/17 prices:

:ds:
Brain Age - $3.50
Chaotic Shadow Warriors - $4.25
Don King Boxing - $2.75
Ener-G Dance Squad - $2
Ener-G Gym Rockets - $2.75
Guinness World Records - $2
Guitar Rock Tour - $1.50
Lionel On Track - $2
Madden 05 - $2
MLB 2K8 Fantasy All-Stars - $1.50
Need For Speed Carbon - $3.50
Ultimate Band - $2.50
Zubo - $1.75

[quote name='io']Hooray for cheap used DS games!

6/17 prices:

:ds:
Brain Age - $3.50
Chaotic Shadow Warriors - $4.25
Don King Boxing - $2.75
Ener-G Dance Squad - $2
Ener-G Gym Rockets - $2.75
Guinness World Records - $2
Guitar Rock Tour - $1.50
Lionel On Track - $2
Madden 05 - $2
MLB 2K8 Fantasy All-Stars - $1.50
Need For Speed Carbon - $3.50
Ultimate Band - $2.50
Zubo - $1.75[/QUOTE]

How did you get 2 dollars for Madden 05!? I tried selling that months ago and they wouldnt take it.

EDIT: Read it wrong. I fail. Sorry bout that.

My wired headset came out defective. Will they exchange it in the store? Also is this the same headset that comes with the elite?

Picked mine up this afternoon. Transferring data at the moment.

I made a good chunk of change trading in my broken headsets. The Gamestop employees had no idea what they were doing, as usual. The manager was not aware of any deals and just found out about the console as they came in this morning. The promos weren't popping up on the computer correctly.

Overall, it was a big headache. Taking comparison shots between the slim and my elite now. :D

[quote name='bigant262']Hey does anyone know if there is a limit of how many controllers you can trade in?? Because I want to trade in 5 controllers.[/QUOTE]

Anyone?? And do you guys think I will need to go early to Gamestop tomorrow if I want one?? Because before they said UPS doesn't come til about 12.

[quote name='ShadowWolf9']Picked mine up this afternoon. Transferring data at the moment.[/QUOTE]

How hot is it getting? A comment in the other thread said it was getting really hot near one of the vents.

[quote name='mmgreenmms']How hot is it getting? A comment in the other thread said it was getting really hot near one of the vents.[/QUOTE]

From what I understood, that happens when it's vertical. When it's horizontal it's much better.

[quote name='mcdaking84']Does anyone know how thorough gamestop checks the controllers?

Mine is a wireless but after a while it disconnects and you have to reconnect[/QUOTE]
They basically just fiddle around with the sticks and try out all the buttons to make sure none stick. The last controller I traded in had one slight problem where the right stick would pan left about half as slow as normal. They don't hook them up to a system or test them, so no worries.

[quote name='jfuze']$5.50 for wired headset? the crappy headset that comes with the 360s?

EDIT: Anyone have an idea of what I might get for my Live Vision Camera and VGA cable? im sure the values have plummeted but just curious[/QUOTE]
From the first page of this thread:
Live Vision Camera - $4.50 (6/5/10)
VGA HD Cable - $3.50 (3/27/10)
I traded my Vision Camera to GameCrazy back in Oct/Nov they were giving $14+ for it. And yea the $5.50/headset is pretty sweet, but I don't know why anyone would ever trade in the wireless headset for only $9.50.

[quote name='jfuze']$5.50 for wired headset? the crappy headset that comes with the 360s?

EDIT: Anyone have an idea of what I might get for my Live Vision Camera and VGA cable? im sure the values have plummeted but just curious[/QUOTE]
From the first page of this thread:
Live Vision Camera - $4.50 (6/5/10)
VGA HD Cable - $3.50 (3/27/10)
I traded mine to GameCrazy back in Oct/Nov they were giving $14+ for it. And yea the $5.50/headset is pretty sweet, but I don't know why anyone would ever trade in the wireless headset for only $9.50.

[quote name='nnickers']They give $5 for each, yes, though they may not take four of them.[/QUOTE]
I traded in 4 or 5 headsets at one time before, when Micro Center was selling their Xbox Live 3-month/headset/400pts bundles for $12.99

lol how are people getting 53 for a 20 gig HD !!! I have been searching the gamestop site for any in stock which is usually pretty reliable I have found and it shows none within 100 miles available lol

[quote name='Kezmer']lol how are people getting 53 for a 20 gig HD !!! I have been searching the gamestop site for any in stock which is usually pretty reliable I have found and it shows none within 100 miles available lol[/QUOTE]

i've tried different zip codes and got nothing.
now you can't order it online.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']I traded in 4 or 5 headsets at one time before, when Micro Center was selling their Xbox Live 3-month/headset/400pts bundles for $12.99[/QUOTE]

You're lucky none of the stores in my district will take the headsets or any games under 2.00.:roll::roll:

[quote name='Kezmer']lol how are people getting 53 for a 20 gig HD !!! I have been searching the gamestop site for any in stock which is usually pretty reliable I have found and it shows none within 100 miles available lol[/QUOTE]

i took a look at my receipt...it looks like the computer is recognizing the bump in trade in value for the hard drive when trading for the slim($20), but the person ringing me up didnt catch it and gave another $20...once edge applies, voila...$53 for a 20 gig hdd! same thing with the system...they are manually entering the system to $100, but then the $25 bonus for hardware kicks in

[quote name='Envel']I know someone said it earlier but I want more confirmation. Do I have to bring in the Xbox 360 if I want to do a return/rebuy and add in the hard drive? Do I have to bring in the box for them to scan it?

I've never done this before. Do I just simply state I want to do a return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]
It will depend upon your local store. Some stores may not allow at all while others will just say bring the receipt. If you know the people at that particular GameStop well, call them in advance and let them know what you plan on doing and see what they recommend.
[quote name='EmperorHess']Edit: Haha, got answered as I was typing. But they just transfer it there for you?? I thought it takes hours?[/QUOTE]
This will also depend upon your local store. If you are a regular good customer they might let you do it in store if they have room/time. I would put money on them not though.
[quote name='spawnvader']Traded in 48 older, mostly crummy games today - got $240.

Rather than type them all out here, I updated the value ticker for all of them. :D

Hopefully I will find some systems in stock tomorrow....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, seen all those go through the moderation queue. Pulled the data off to put into the lists here in the thread as well.
[quote name='kroberts11']It goes til 6/27 I believe, so you're good! :)[/QUOTE]
People getting the $25 is only working because of the manual trade-in on slim upgrade. If they fixed the promo info on their computers last night and pushed it out it will no longer activate for people doing the slim upgrade.
[quote name='mis0']Asked this earlier but I'm gonna ask again: does GameStop accept faceplates as trade ins?[/QUOTE]
No.
[quote name='Envel']My wired headset came out defective. Will they exchange it in the store? Also is this the same headset that comes with the elite?[/QUOTE]
You will have to contact Microsoft to get a replacement.
[quote name='Mako1215']For the slim trade up do you know if the consoles need to have warranty seals in place?[/QUOTE]
They are supposed to, yes. GameStops are not supposed to take hardware missing warranty seals. You might get it past them if they don't check closely but I wouldn't count on that happening.
[quote name='w00dm4n']i've tried different zip codes and got nothing.
now you can't order it online.[/QUOTE]
What normally happens with new items come in, they wont show up the day they receive because the store stock data hasn't been pushed to corporate. The information on the site gets updated to the stock around 8-10AM Eastern time. Is this a guarantee that you'll be able to search for them today or the next week? No, but this is generally how things work.

As if it weren't worrisome enough buying used hardware to see the amount of people who have played Gamestop in this thread is scary. Imagine buying a used console and you get it home and hook it up and after 15 minutes it RROD's on you. Or you hook it to Live and find it's banned. Or you switch faceplates and find out that warranty sticker is gone and god knows what someone did inside it. Scary stuff man and enough that I don't think I will be buying an internet connected console from GS anytime soon.

[quote name='retromufc']As if it weren't worrisome enough buying used hardware to see the amount of people who have played Gamestop in this thread is scary. Imagine buying a used console and you get it home and hook it up and after 15 minutes it RROD's on you. Or you hook it to Live and find it's banned. Or you switch faceplates and find out that warranty sticker is gone and god knows what someone did inside it. Scary stuff man and enough that I don't think I will be buying an internet connected console from GS anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I feel bad enough taking my WORKING 360 in. It's 3 years old but never given me a single problem. Who knows how long it will last though.

[quote name='GtotheA']sorry if its been asked but will the 3 game trade work with 2 regular 360 games and 1 (SSMB) 25 dollar value one?[/QUOTE]
It will not work. The guaranteed $25 is a promo so the trade 3 get $10 will not activate. It will jump the base of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from $16 something to the $25. The only exception to that on the $25 list is New Super Mario Bros. Wii, because it's normal base value is $25.

[quote name='GtotheA']sorry if its been asked but will the 3 game trade work with 2 regular 360 games and 1 (SSMB) 25 dollar value one?[/QUOTE]

:fridge:

[quote name='shosh']so does the 25 dollar bonus apply or not when trading in a console for this promo?[/QUOTE]
It isn't supposed to. It was applying yesterday because of the way they had to make the Slim upgrade work. It has probably been fixed. Wont really know until we start getting reports about the trades today.

sucks Bionic Commando is only $1.... anyone think that Alone in the Dark TIV has held up? surprised no one has traded that game in for awhile, I have no idea why I bought either of these, they're terrible.

another question, is the slim showing up on gamestops online product locator? i live in chicago and find it hard to believe that there are none within 100 miles of me

I am right now sitting in front of my local Gamestop. First in line. Actually the only one in line lol. My 360 and HDD etc were all traded in yesterday so I am currently without one. I feel kinda stupid only one sitting here (as I use the free wifi from the Peter Piper Pizza next door.)

But it's my birthday and this is my present to myself so I don't care. I don't mind looking like a moron. Already alerted the store manager I would be sitting out front and he didn't mind. At least I will be first to get one today, was told they were only getting 4 in.

[quote name='shosh']another question, is the slim showing up on gamestops online product locator? i live in chicago and find it hard to believe that there are none within 100 miles of me[/QUOTE]

I went to several in the Chicagoland area yesterday and they all said they will arrive today. The product locator is based on their inventory at 8AM EST so if they haven't arrived yet, they shouldn't show up.

What sucks is that at one of the stores, the employees were talking about how they were going to get theirs with the trade in so I'm assuming as soon as their shipment of 4 comes in they will have already "sold out".

stuff wont show up on online stock until they scan into inventory...and the store i picked mine up at yesterday didnt scan at all since they sold out. to see it there, a store would have needed to get them in yesterday, not sell them all, and put them into stock

[quote name='Goodeye']I am right now sitting in front of my local Gamestop. First in line. Actually the only one in line lol. My 360 and HDD etc were all traded in yesterday so I am currently without one. I feel kinda stupid only one sitting here (as I use the free wifi from the Peter Piper Pizza next door.)

But it's my birthday and this is my present to myself so I don't care. I don't mind looking like a moron. Already alerted the store manager I would be sitting out front and he didn't mind. At least I will be first to get one today, was told they were only getting 4 in.[/QUOTE]

Happy birthday to ya! I think that's a great idea, a great present, and you shouldn't feel stupid sitting out there. It'll be the 5th person who comes in today who should have the last laugh.

[quote name='BuckSatan']I went to several in the Chicagoland area yesterday and they all said they will arrive today. The product locator is based on their inventory at 8AM EST so if they haven't arrived yet, they shouldn't show up.

What sucks is that at one of the stores, the employees were talking about how they were going to get theirs with the trade in so I'm assuming as soon as their shipment of 4 comes in they will have already "sold out".[/QUOTE]
well crap then.
i was hoping to get one when they open, because ill be busy with school and work all day until 9pm. im gonna guess that they get their shipments via ups around 12pm

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Can I expect the store to have it at opening, or should I wait until they open and call to see when they will arrive?[/QUOTE]

I'd call first. They probably still have to wait for the truck to come.

[quote name='Goodeye']I am right now sitting in front of my local Gamestop. First in line. Actually the only one in line lol. My 360 and HDD etc were all traded in yesterday so I am currently without one. I feel kinda stupid only one sitting here (as I use the free wifi from the Peter Piper Pizza next door.)

But it's my birthday and this is my present to myself so I don't care. I don't mind looking like a moron. Already alerted the store manager I would be sitting out front and he didn't mind. At least I will be first to get one today, was told they were only getting 4 in.[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday Goodeye!

from 6/17/10

WWE Smackdown 2010 Wii - 8.25 base / 25.82 with promo

I don't feel stupid, just figure I look stupid but that's ok. Had a local store owner ask me what was going on since I was sitting in front of the store. I told him the new 360 is out today. He nodded and walked away. Who cares when I get home I am going to be one happy guy!

Plus I got the laptop, and the Fall of Reach on audiobook on my iPhone! So time will pass by lol.

[quote name='retromufc']As if it weren't worrisome enough buying used hardware to see the amount of people who have played Gamestop in this thread is scary. Imagine buying a used console and you get it home and hook it up and after 15 minutes it RROD's on you. Or you hook it to Live and find it's banned. Or you switch faceplates and find out that warranty sticker is gone and god knows what someone did inside it. Scary stuff man and enough that I don't think I will be buying an internet connected console from GS anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Frankly why the hell would any sane person buy a used 360. I dont feel sorry for anyone so cheap that they chose to buy a used 360 or got tricked by an asskissing gamestop employee when a new arcade now costs $150. Pus $50 giftcard on amazon.

I traded in my 360 that rroded a few days ago but has been working the past few days. Even if someone buys it and it rrods, if they are smart enough they can register it online and the warranty for mine is still in effect for a bit longer.

Also about the slim stock stuff I asked when they opened tomorrow and the response I got was "Dont bother coming in at opening we wont even have either gotten them or put them in stock." I'll be in my lab this morning so I'll probably be calling the gamestops around me all morning to be honest.

[quote name='shosh']well crap then.
i was hoping to get one when they open, because ill be busy with school and work all day until 9pm. im gonna guess that they get their shipments via ups around 12pm[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I have no chance to leave work when they would get their shipment. Most of the stores told me around 11AM or Noon. That's out in the Western Suburbs so it may be different elsewhere.

I want to trade in my non hdmi launch 360 everything works perfectly the only problem is the drawer doesnt open everytime, sometimes you have to tap on it. If a disk is in there it opens fine though. I hate to take the whole system apart and go to Gamestop with all my trades only to find they won't accept mine.

anyone else have a similar problem with any experience trading it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back