GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, so true.

Believe me, THIS girl is going to have them drooling and coming back, and I think she knows that, too, considering the ridiculously tight shirt she was wearing.

Oh well, at least I don't let myself get drawn in to all that. =P

[quote name='DrNo888']I am seeing at least one female in every store lately. Before there were hardly any. I guess they want all the nerds drooling and coming back! :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='vc318']Haven't seen their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" promotion for a while now. Any word on when that's happening? Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

The manager at the store I frequent told me this today when I was their and asked him when there will be a B2G1. Of course take this as you will, but this dude has never steered me wrong before.

"I don't know when, but if you have any games you want in the next week, I can put them in the drawer for you"

[quote name='ducci101']The manager at the store I frequent told me this today when I was their and asked him when there will be a B2G1. Of course take this as you will, but this dude has never steered me wrong before.

"I don't know when, but if you have any games you want in the next week, I can put them in the drawer for you"[/QUOTE]

That's the kind of stuff I'm going to miss.

/wistful sigh

[quote name='DrNo888']I am seeing at least one female in every store lately. Before there were hardly any. I guess they want all the nerds drooling and coming back! :p[/QUOTE]

I've seen "females" at my local stores too, but they're nothing to write home about... if anything they're nerdier than the guys that work there. Not a good combination. My wife and I have come up with some nicknames for all the workers (including the girls) at our local stores.

Looks like everything stayed the same.

Xbox 360:
Tomb Raider Legend - 1.50
Call of Duty 4 - 3.00
Pure - 3.00

PS2:
8MB Memory Card - 2.75
System - 20.00

Trades from today in the form: base/with-bonuses [change from OP]. These were traded in with the trade-3 get $10 bonus deal, which worked out quite well.

TMNT: Smash Up (Wii): 5.25/9.10 [no change]
NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii): 2.25/5.81 [no change]
Speed Racer (Wii): 3.00/6.63 [no change]

Also checked the value of Tales of the Abyss (PS2) which has a base value of $12 [no change]. I didn't trade it in.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']the limit is 2 new and 2 used. its now listed on order page. i've noticed limit 1 on new items before but never noticed it on used items. they've finally smartened up.[/QUOTE]

that sucks coz I still want to order some more, I have atleast 4 10 dollars coupon. I think the best way to use it is on nsmb. Hopefully it'll still let me order 2 seperate order even I recently ordered 4 copies of it.

[quote name='coolrust']that sucks coz I still want to order some more, I have atleast 4 10 dollars coupon. I think the best way to use it is on nsmb. Hopefully it'll still let me order 2 seperate order even I recently ordered 4 copies of it.[/QUOTE]

I had ordered 4 recently also and it wouldn't let me. .... until I switched the shipping address to my fathers house!

[quote name='azngtlman']I've seen "females" at my local stores too, but they're nothing to write home about... if anything they're nerdier than the guys that work there. Not a good combination. My wife and I have come up with some nicknames for all the workers (including the girls) at our local stores.[/QUOTE]

would love to hear a few examples! :)

got a little over $16 for nba2k10, ended up using the credit to pick up deadly premonition

oo yea, anyone know anyone good flips from blockbuster?

Ages of Empires: Mythologies - 5.75
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - 3
Professor Layton: Diabolical Box - 14

All base values and all for the DS.

Just got back from trading in NSMB Wii.

Saw on the board that NSMB for DS was listed as $20.

BTW, new girl that this store that I havent been to in awhile. She was a decent looking ginger. Wouldnt stop asking for pre-orders and I just said I didnt need anything else today. Kinda annoying even if she was decent looking.

[quote name='confoosious']the OP says that the wired guitar controllers are no longer accepted. Has anyone traded in a wireless guitar lately?[/QUOTE]

they have not taken guitars/drums in a long time.

[quote name='confoosious']the OP says that the wired guitar controllers are no longer accepted. Has anyone traded in a wireless guitar lately?[/QUOTE]

I havent been able to trade in any instruments at my gamestop for a couple months.. said they dont take em in anymore..

[quote name='lowkey db josh']Does anyone know if the trade in 3 get extra 10$ stacks with 50% deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes, just like we told the last 50 people who asked. rush down there now to take advantage of it. :roll:

6/11

Wii
New Super Mario Bros - 25
Mario Party 8 - 15.75

PS3
Super Street Fighter IV - 20

Gamecube
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - 2.25
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy - 2.00

Got back 104 after EDGE and 50% promo

[quote name='jdlmm80']Anyone know of any flips to transfer credit from gamestop to amazon?[/QUOTE]

New Super Mario Bros Wii - 29.99 used @ gamestop
'20pre' coupon - 5.40
EDGE discount - 3.00
SAVER for free shipping

Total is 21.59 + tax, flip to amazon for 29.50, or to gazelle for 32 cash (or 33.60 amazon gift card)

[quote name='kataztrophik']New Super Mario Bros Wii - 29.99 used @ gamestop
'20pre' coupon - 5.40
EDGE discount - 3.00
SAVER for free shipping

Total is 21.59 + tax, flip to amazon for 29.50, or to gazelle for 32 cash (or 33.60 amazon gift card)[/QUOTE]

thanks! :D this will be a good way to get rid of my gamestop credit.

[quote name='david12795']thanks! :D this will be a good way to get rid of my gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! Just a FYI, there's a limit of 2 NSMB per household through Gamestop though.

Another flip would be Super Street Fighter 4 for the 360, used @ gamestop for 24.99

20pre - 4.50
EDGE discount - 2.50
SAVER for free shipping

Order comes out to 17.99 + tax, and trades in at Gazelle for 25 cash (26.25 amazon credit)

[quote name='seanmcc']I'm trading in a wii. Does the $70 include a wiimote and nunchuck, or do I get to sell those separately?[/QUOTE]

You need to include 1 wiimote and nunchuck with the wii to trade it in. Check the OP for everything you need when trading in a system

[quote name='sittinghawk3']for the guarantee 25 do i have to print and show the list with my game or can i just come in?[/QUOTE]

At my store I had them ring the game up separate, and then it automatically changed to $25

Base values from 6/9/10:
(with edge/promo)

Xbox 360
iconxbox360.gif

Call of Duty 3 $2.50 ($6.10)
Conan $2.00 ($5.54)
Earth Defense Force 2017 $3.00 ($6.63)
Tenchu Z $4.00 ($7.73)
Tetris Evolution $7.00 ($11.03)

PS3
iconps3.gif

Tom Clancy's End War $2.75 ($6.36)

DS
iconds.gif

Civilization Revolution $3.25 ($6.90)
Diner Dash $4.75 ($8.56)

Wii
iconwii.gif

No More Heroes $4.25 ($8.00)

PS2
iconps2_r2.gif

Final Fantasy X $5.25 ($8.39)
God of War 2 $5.25 ($8.39)

Ended up with $82.63 after edge/promos/$1 refurb fee on EDF 2017 for these mostly crappy games.
That is an avg. of $7.51 per game! (not too shabby)

I went in tonight and wanted to trade in NHL 10, R6Vegas, Resistance FOM and MLB The Show 09. Wanted the 50% deal for NHL 10 and the trade 3 for $10 deal for the other 3 games. Dude said the system will give the best deal all in one transaction. WRONG!! Check my receipt, it did the 50% all on 4 games. Had to go back and wait in line again. Guy must have been new. Had to get the other associate to help. He ended up doing it correctly in 2 seperate transactions. Ended up with $43.87 total credit

Here are the base values. All for PS3:

NHL 10 was 15.25
MLB The Show 09 was 4.25
Resistance FOM was 4.25
Rainbow 6 Vegas was 2.50

sweet I'll be trading in Just Cause 2 tomorrow for the guaranteed $25 and probably picking up Episodes from Liberty City (got a damn GTA craving going on with all this time I've been spending on RDR)

[quote name='hawkfan2311']I went in tonight and wanted to trade in NHL 10, R6Vegas, Resistance FOM and MLB The Show 09. Wanted the 50% deal for NHL 10 and the trade 3 for $10 deal for the other 3 games. Dude said the system will give the best deal all in one transaction. WRONG!! Check my receipt, it did the 50% all on 4 games. Had to go back and wait in line again. Guy must have been new. Had to get the other associate to help. He ended up doing it correctly in 2 seperate transactions. Ended up with $43.87 total credit

Here are the base values. All for PS3:

NHL 10 was 15.25
MLB The Show 09 was 4.25
Resistance FOM was 4.25
Rainbow 6 Vegas was 2.50[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't take any chances. I went right before closing when I knew it wouldn't be busy. I had the guy do 2 separate transactions, 1 for the 50% games and then 9 that I knew would net the trade 3. Definitely suggest doing this for anyone that knows a general idea of how much the games they have are worth.

Does anyone have any idea if amazon has a time limit for when you have to send in your games by once you submit your trade in. Because im worried i will order from gamestop and then have the prices drop before trading them in?

[quote name='katt421']anyone knows how much is the trade in value for xbox 360 arcade?[/QUOTE]

no, and it is certainly not in the first page of this post:roll:

[quote name='jdlmm80']Does anyone have any idea if amazon has a time limit for when you have to send in your games by once you submit your trade in. Because im worried i will order from gamestop and then have the prices drop before trading them in?[/QUOTE]

There's no time limit on how long you have to send in your games once you submit a trade in from amazon. But they'll return it to you if you fail to submit it within a certain time limit.

And the answer certainly is not in the Amazon trade in thread OP either.

Anyone care to call in a quote for NSMB Wii for me? It's 9:30 my time and I've got to make a trip to the mall shortly, but GS doesn't open till 10 :D

I hate to ask this one more time but i dont see a gazelle thread so im just wondering if there is a time limit to ship in your games for gazelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back