GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bgame2']From 2 minutes ago...

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 25[/QUOTE]

Amazing, might have to trade one more of these in. Wow. Thanks again for the update. :bouncy::applause:

Wait... so your saying I can't trade in SMG2 and 2 other games for an extra 10 bucks while also using the Best Deal in The Galaxy offer?(30 dollars to trade in SMG2)

Sweet just got my 2 copies of NSMB that I ordered on the 9th. Im liking this SAVER shipping (even tho I live fairly close to where they are being shipped out)Now to decide if I want to trade them into Amazon or GS before the 50% trade ends.

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']Wait... so your saying I can't trade in SMG2 and 2 other games for an extra 10 bucks while also using the Best Deal in The Galaxy offer?(30 dollars to trade in SMG2)[/QUOTE]

Promos never stack with anything but Edge. Do the 50% for SMG2 and find another game for the 3/10 deal.

I've got a couple more updates

From 6/12

base/ with 3 extra $10 promo

Imagine Family Dr. DS 4.00/ 7.73
LocoRoco 2 PSP 3.00/ 6.64
TNA Impact Wii 3.00/ 6.63

I just traded in A LOT of games today. The computer did the 50% promotion on all of the games, so for some of the cheaper ones the you think I could go back with the receipt and have the $10 for 3 games promotion used instead? Anyway, here's some prices (all with the 50% promotion and Edge):

PS3:
Unreal Tournament III: $4.41
Rock Band 2: $10.40
Guitar Hero: Metallica: $15.20
Guitar Hero World Tour: $4.41
MLB 08: The Show: $2.40

PSP:
Transformers the Game: $5.19
Juiced Eliminator: $3.20
Daxter: $1.21

360:
FEAR 2: $6.40
Shaun White Snowboarding: $4.00
Condemned 2: $4.00
Too Human: $2.40
Fable 2: $4.00
Gears of War: $1.60
Quake 4: $2.40
Shellshock 2: $4.80
Tenchu Z: $6.40
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3: $8.00
Forza 2: $2.40
Crackdown: $4.00
Lost Odyssey: $11.20
Fallout 3: $6.40
Prince of Persia: $4.80
Midnight Club LA: $11.20
Soldier of Fortune Payback: $4.00
King Kong: $3.20
MLB 2K6: $0.80
LEGO Indian Jones/Kung Fu Panda: $2.40
Arcade Compilation Disc: $1.60

So ya, not too bad. I'll try calculating out which games would be better if I did the 3 for $10 promotion instead. Still a good deal either way.

[quote name='TheNextHendrix']I just traded in A LOT of games today. The computer did the 50% promotion on all of the games, so for some of the cheaper ones the you think I could go back with the receipt and have the $10 for 3 games promotion used instead? Anyway, here's some prices (all with the 50% promotion and Edge)[/QUOTE]

wow most of those you should have done the 3/$10

by my (approximate) calculations, those games that had a final tiv (50% + EDGE) from $1.60 to about $10.6x should have been used as a part of the 3/$10 offer instead of the 50% one. not sure if you can go back :bomb:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']wow most of those you should have done the 3/$10

by my (approximate) calculations, those games that had a final tiv (50% + EDGE) from $1.60 to about $10.6x should have been used as a part of the 3/$10 offer instead of the 50% one. not sure if you can go back :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Ya, I should've stayed and looked it over better but it was getting busy and it was taking awhile already.

Base TiV

360 Super Street Fighter IV $17

Purchased online with $10 coupon code for $13, played for 2 days to remind myself that I dont get into fighting games, and traded in for $27 after bonus!

I want to purchase Super street fighter 4 for 19.99 using the 20pre coupon code, will this work in store? I dont want to deal with having it shipped

[quote name='jdlmm80']I hate to ask this one more time but i dont see a gazelle thread so im just wondering if there is a time limit to ship in your games for gazelle.[/QUOTE]

There is most definitely a Gazelle thread, look again...

Wow, the end of the 50% snuck up on me there. I'm going to have to make some executive decisions on some higher value games and deal with them today or tomorrow. For example, do I get rid of my personal copy of NSMB (that no one plays any more anyway) and wait for some future sale on a new replacement copy? It is definitely a keeper game and the kids could ask for it at any time (though it's not like they don't have 100 other games to play instead). I dunno...

From what I can tell, it looks like if you've got games worth less than 5.50, use the 3 for $10 deal. If you've got games worth more than 5.50, go with the 50%+edge.
If my calculations are correct. Not sure. Did a quick calculation.

[quote name='sunnysky']From what I can tell, it looks like if you've got games worth less than 5.50, use the 3 for $10 deal. If you've got games worth more than 5.50, go with the 50%+edge.
If my calculations are correct. Not sure. Did a quick calculation.[/QUOTE]
I thought the magic number was less than $6.75. Because half of 6.75 is 3.375, you'll barely clear an extra $10 in credit if you trade in three games at that value.

Guys, it is much simpler that many of you make it out to be. You get a $3.33 per game bonus with the trade 3 deal, right? So what is the value where you would get the same from the 50% promo? Just twice that: $6.66. So at $6.66 base trade-in value the promos are identical. Anything less (but over $1) is better with Trade 3, and anything more is better with 50%.

That should be pretty easy to remember. Just think 666 ;).

[quote name='skettel88']I want to purchase Super street fighter 4 for 19.99 using the 20pre coupon code, will this work in store? I dont want to deal with having it shipped[/QUOTE]
Online only code.
[quote name='Abeja']When does GS change their TIV? at any time? Would NSMB stay at 25$ until tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
They can change every today. The time of day the changes are pushed to the stores is overnight. It will more than likely stay at $25 but there are no guarantees.
[quote name='io']Guys, it is much simpler that many of you make it out to be. You get a $3.33 per game bonus with the trade 3 deal, right? So what is the value where you would get the same from the 50% promo? Just twice that: $6.66. So at $6.66 base trade-in value the promos are identical. Anything less (but over $1) is better with Trade 3, and anything more is better with 50%.

That should be pretty easy to remember. Just think 666 ;).[/QUOTE]
Beat me to it, but your explanation is so much better.

[quote name='katt421']anyone knows how much is the trade in value for xbox 360 arcade console?[/QUOTE]

AGAIN, that information can not be found in the first page of this thread. :roll:

how many more times do you need to ask before you figure it out?

Did my trades... Here are the values I got.

Xbox 360
Supreme Commander 2 - $14 ($22.40 with EDGE)
Alpha Protocol - $22 ($35.20 with EDGE)

PS3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $19.75 ($31.61 with EDGE)
Just Cause 2 - $15.75 ($25.21 with EDGE)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope INTERNATIONAL - $16.25 ($25.99 with EDGE)

Wii
Boom Blox: Bash Party - $8 ($12.80 with EDGE)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - $25 ($40 with EDGE)

I walked out with $193.21.

At the GameStop I went to, NSMB on DS had a $25 base-price. I'll be heading back tomorrow.

Traded in a few games today before 50% ends, have more to trade in but didn't have a whole lot of time to gather stuff or be out. All before bonuses of course.

Red Dead Redemption PS3 $25
Mass Effect 2 $9
COD MW2 360 $16
Alpha Protocol 360 $22
MGS Peace Walker $18

[quote name='io']There is most definitely a Gazelle thread, look again...

Wow, the end of the 50% snuck up on me there. I'm going to have to make some executive decisions on some higher value games and deal with them today or tomorrow. For example, do I get rid of my personal copy of NSMB (that no one plays any more anyway) and wait for some future sale on a new replacement copy? It is definitely a keeper game and the kids could ask for it at any time (though it's not like they don't have 100 other games to play instead). I dunno...[/QUOTE]

I say get rid of it. You get $40 in GS credit, although I'm sure that you have abundant GS credit. If you need it again, you could always buy it off GS.com, which is $30 now, and use $10 codes, which I assume you may have or just get it at a Gamestop for $45-$10 Edge for $40.50. I have 2 to trade in, and have no worries about it, b/c I'll know I can get it in the future for the same price, if not cheaper.

I went today and was going to trade in 3 older DS titles that would be good for the trade 3 get an extra $10. The clerk told me that they arent really doing that and the 50% is better. Im like no ill get more with the 10 extra on these. He goes well tough shit basically. I said bye bye

Trade in Values for today(Base):
Family Guy Freakin Sweet Collection UMD $0.50
Haze(PS3) $2.50
Blur(PS3) $21.00
Superbad UMD $0.75
NFL: In Just One Play UMD $0.20

Picked up the last MGS:pW CE w/ Bandana and used the 25% off coupon(when you purchase MGS:pW) to get Just Cause 2 for PS3:D.

Quick question regarding the Edge Card. I have a decent amount of credit on it, and my subscription ends at the end of the month. If you dont renew before the subscription runs out, can you still use the credit on the card? (Like a regular gift card or whatever)

Here's how my 1st time trading in worked out this morning, I had a clerk who said he needed to my info to enter everything in order to tell me my values. I had a DS Lite and 7 Wii games. So after, he tells me my total and individual values. I noted that Super Mario Galaxy should be $25 not the $18 he quoted me. I tell him about the list. He tells me no, that's ONLY if I trade it in for another game. I then ask about the trade 3 in $10 bonus, he tells me no, that expired already, the only bonus now is the 50% one. I told him to hold off and I will think about it. Walked out went to another GS. At this one, I ask the female clerk to separate my trade-ins. The clerk said the computer should be able to handle all the trade-ins the best way possible but she will handle the trade-ins however I wanted it to. Received $25 for SMG, DS Lite with the $25 HW bonus, 3 games with the $10 bonus, 3 games with the 50% bonus.

The 1st GS clerk I went to, either was unaware or played dumb with my questions. The 2nd GS store definitely was more friendly and easier to work with. That's the GS store I will give my business to in the future.

Thank you CAG and everyone for this thread and info! With this, I was able to get extra values on my trade-ins.

[quote name='Drizztd9']I went today and was going to trade in 3 older DS titles that would be good for the trade 3 get an extra $10. The clerk told me that they arent really doing that and the 50% is better. Im like no ill get more with the 10 extra on these. He goes well tough shit basically. I said bye bye[/QUOTE]

Traded in a few things Base trade in values
Uncharted 1 7.50
Re5 6.75
Just Cause 2 15.75 (big $4 drop)
Bioshock 8.25
RE 1 for GC 3.25
RE3 for GC 4.25
Zelda 4 swords 4.25
Star Trek elite force 1.50

Here's a list of games and TVIs. Some are the same as the current ones, but you can update the date. (Traded in today)

Left 4 Dead 2 - $10
Red Faction: Guerrilla (360) - $3
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (360) - $8
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged (360) - $8
Madden 10 (PS3) - $11.25
God Of War III - $15
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PS3) - $22

These are base values before promos. After promos and Edge, I got $118.79.

[quote name='Drizztd9']I went today and was going to trade in 3 older DS titles that would be good for the trade 3 get an extra $10. The clerk told me that they arent really doing that and the 50% is better. Im like no ill get more with the 10 extra on these. He goes well tough shit basically. I said bye bye[/QUOTE]

They don't have a choice in the matter, though. If you traded the 3 games in, you would have gotten the $10 bonus.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Quick question regarding the Edge Card. I have a decent amount of credit on it, and my subscription ends at the end of the month. If you dont renew before the subscription runs out, can you still use the credit on the card? (Like a regular gift card or whatever)[/QUOTE]
You're kidding, right? #-o Just because your EDGE card lapses, that does NOT mean that the credit you have on the card is suddenly null and void.

Think of the EDGE card like a gift card to any other store. Even without the EDGE discount, that credit stays put.

That is, unless you get some frickin' idiot like I had at Blockbuster the one time that had my info locked into the system and the next transaction took credit off my Value Card to pay for their rentals or whatever.

This is why you always keep at least a rough estimate in your head of what you have on the card at all times. Either that or do like I do and wrap your receipt from the most recent transaction around the card.;)

Trade-in values 6/12 (base)

Blazblue - 7

PS3
Demon's Souls - 10
Final Fantasy 13 - 17.25

PS2
Jak II - 1.25
Ratchet & Clank 2 - 2.25
Ratchet & Clank 3 - 2.50

GBA
Super Mario Advance 4 - 7.25

[quote name='nnickers']Trade-in values 6/12 (base)

GBA
Super Mario Advance 4 - 7.25[/QUOTE]

Its amazing some GBA games still hold this kind of trade credit. I bought a bag of used GBA games for $10, almost all kid spongebob and shrek type of games and my jaw dropped at who much I got for them in trade at GS:applause:

[quote name='rocko34']Its amazing some GBA games still hold this kind of trade credit. I bought a bag of used GBA games for $10, almost all kid spongebob and shrek type of games and my jaw dropped at who much I got for them in trade at GS:applause:[/QUOTE]

Well, they may not take them; apparently they're only taking certain GBA games now. I tried to trade in the GBA verson of Link to the Past and apparently they're no longer taking it. Probably should have mentioned that for the list.

[quote name='nnickers']Trade-in values 6/12 (base)

Blazblue - 7

PS3
Demon's Souls - 10
Final Fantasy 13 - 17.25

PS2
Jak II - 1.25
Ratchet & Clank 2 - 2.25
Ratchet & Clank 3 - 2.50

GBA
Super Mario Advance 4 - 7.25[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't you have gotten the guaranteed $25 TIV for Demon's Souls?

[quote name='io']Guys, it is much simpler that many of you make it out to be. You get a $3.33 per game bonus with the trade 3 deal, right? So what is the value where you would get the same from the 50% promo? Just twice that: $6.66. So at $6.66 base trade-in value the promos are identical. Anything less (but over $1) is better with Trade 3, and anything more is better with 50%.

That should be pretty easy to remember. Just think 666 ;).[/QUOTE]

I was basing my quick calculation on the basis of the 50% off + edge (thus 60%).
So if you have the edge card, the magic number is closer to 5.50.

Went to my normal GS and base TIV are.....

DS Lite $40
Spectrobes DS 1.00
TMNT on GBA 2.50
Mario Kart Super Circuit on GBA 7.00
Pokemon Heartgold 17.00

On a side note i had previously put down a large chunk of credit towards War for Cybertron. Well after playing the demo im not impressed. So i asked to get my reserve back and the clerk offered me credit or cash. Does the system not differentiate between a cash reserve and a credit reserve? Seems like i got the better deal this time.

[quote name='sunnysky']I was basing my quick calculation on the basis of the 50% off + edge (thus 60%).
So if you have the edge card, the magic number is closer to 5.50.[/QUOTE]
The EDGE extra 10% of base applies to all promos.
$5.50 * 1.6 = $8.80 , $5.50 * 1.1 (EDGE bonus) + $3.33 = $9.38
$6.66 * 1.6 = $10.656 ie $10.66, $6.66 * 1.1 (EDGE bonus) + $3.33 = $10.656 ie $10.66

Also, updated lists and database.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunnysky']I was basing my quick calculation on the basis of the 50% off + edge (thus 60%).

Nope, to follow up on what jp said, Edge is always off the base price so it makes no difference. The cutoff is still $6.66 either way. You'll get the same Edge bonus in both cases.

No, io is right.

Base - 50% - 3/10
5.5 - 8.8 - 9.38
6.66 - 10.656 - 10.656

For the 3/10, it's base * 1.1 + 3.33. You must have forgotten EDGE is also factored in with any promo. Anything above 6.66 TIV is worth it, while anything equal is fine either way, and anything below is better with the 3/10.

06/12/10- Base TIV

Dark Sector (360): 1.50
Forza Motor Sports 2 (360): 1.50
Ninety Nine Nights (360): 2.00
Rock Band Metal Track Pack (360): 2.50

Okami (Wii): 6.00

Bioshock (PS3): 8.25

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS): 13.50

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2): 2.00
Disney Golf (PS2): 0.75
Lego Batman (PS2): 6.50
Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy (PS2): 2.75
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (PS2): 1.50
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age (PS2): 1.75
Lumines Plus (PS2): 0.40
Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2): 2.75
Trivial Pursuit: Unhinged (PS2): 0.60

Dead to Rights (GC): 0.90
Geist (GC): 0.65
World Series of Poker (GC): 0.80

When trading in a console does everything have to be first party? I noticed in the FAQ the only specific mention was a dualshock2 controller with the ps2. I've got a wii with a wireless sensor bar and an intec power supply I want to trade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back