GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread cleaned up ;)...

I'm heading out today for some final 50% trades. I'm trading some stuff I wasn't even considering before because of the quotes I've seen from other CAGs. That's yet another reason this thread is valuable vs just having individuals update the trade-in value database.

A manager told me they were most likely going to extend the 50% promo again, but its the same person who rejected me from getting the tri monster demo.

We love Golf S1 (or whatever its called) [wii] - $3

Just got back from doing some trades:

360 3.00 Resident Evil 5
360 6.00 Beatles Rock Band
360 9.00 Guitar Hero Metallica
360 5.00 Saboteur
360 4.00 Ninja Gaiden 2
360 8.00 Darksiders

PS3 7.75 Infamous
PS3 4.50 Ninja Gaiden Sigma
PS3 5.00 Valkyria Chronicles

PS2 5.50 God of War
PS2 5.25 God of War 2

Went in and cashed in on the last day of the promo.

6/13

Battlefield Bad Company 2 :360: - $20.00
Splinter Cell Conviction :360: - $18.00
Skate 2 :360: - $5.00
Condemned :360: - $1.50
Condemned 2 :360: - $2.50
Unreal Tournament :360: - $2.00
GRAW :360: - $1.00

Got about $85 for it all so I am happy.

I got in on some of the action as well:

SVR 2007: 1.50
Orange Box: 5
Bioshock: 4
Oblivion: 4
Arcade compilation: 1
Forza/MUA: 2

PS2
Fatal Frame 2: 6
Arc the Lad - Twilight of Spirits: 0.55
Dark Cloud 2 - 4.50
Grimgrimoire - 2.20
Suikoden 3 - 3.75
Mercenaries - 2.75
Okami - 4.25
Radiata Stories - 1.5 (no manual)

Ended up just trading in Bioshock, Oblivion, and the Forza/MUA for the +10, getting $20 credit.

6/12 Trade-in (all base)

Call of Duty 4 (non-GOTY) 360 - 3.00
Rock Band AC/DC 360 - 2.50
MLB Power Pros Wii - 3.50
New Super Mario Bros Wii - 25.00
Glory of Heracles DS - 2.50

6/13 Trade-in (all base)

Dante's Inferno PS3 - 14.00
Street Fighter 4 PS3 - 4.50
Tekken 6 PS3 - 9.75
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground PS3 - 4.50
Super Street Fighter 4 360 - 17.00
Tiger Woods 2010 360 - 7.00
Guitar Hero 3 Wii - 2.75
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution Wii - 2.75
Rayman Raving Rabbids Wii - 4.50
Harvest Moon DS - 4.75

Ended up with 186.95 after promos and EDGE =)

Now that the promo ended. I am hoping that Gamestop does a Daily Deal for Father's Day that was done for Mother's Day (20off a future order and Free 2Day shipping on orders over 65)

TIV:
Trivia Pursuit 360 5.00

Worst fucking experience I've had with GameStop in a long time.

First, tried to trade in 2 sets of 3 games for the extra $10 on each set. Fat bitch says we aren't gonna allow you to just trade in a whole bunch of games with that promo. "Manager has last say and can override" my eligibility. fuck you bitch.

Then they wouldn't take in any of my sealed games. I say okay, I'll open them then. And they say, no we still won't take them. Come back another day. "You just opened them right in front of us, we can't take them." Yeah, let me come back tomorrow when the fucking 50% extra promo is over.

Here, I'm gonna give these games to my friend, she's gonna go outside the store and open them, and come back in and trade them in for me. All good? "No, come back another day." Eat a dick you fat fuck.

So, I couldn't trade in my second set of 3, and I also couldn't get the extra 50% for SSFIV and Dissidia.

The MANAGER there was like, what's this 3/10 deal? Only one I know about is an extra 10 dollars towards a purchase at the time of trade-in.

Worst part is, to get my 10% extra from EDGE I had to renew, which means the dumb bitch got a commission from it. fuck GAMESTOP. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/sigh

Base values:

:ps3:Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 - $7.25
:ps3:Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition - $14
:ps3:NBA 2K9 - $2.75
:ps3:Madden NFL 2008 - $1.25

:360:Infinite Undiscovery - $5
:360:Lost Odyssey - $7

:ds:Pokemon HeartGold - $17
:ds:Pokemon Platinum - $9.75

:ps2:God of War - $5.50
:ps2:Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $4
:ps2:Prince of Persia: Two Thrones - $3.25

:gba:Pokemon Ruby - $5.50

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Worst fucking experience I've had with GameStop in a long time.

First, tried to trade in 2 sets of 3 games for the extra $10 on each set. Fat bitch says we aren't gonna allow you to just trade in a whole bunch of games with that promo. "Manager has last say and can override" my eligibility. fuck you bitch.

Then they wouldn't take in any of my sealed games. I say okay, I'll open them then. And they say, no we still won't take them. Come back another day. "You just opened them right in front of us, we can't take them." Yeah, let me come back tomorrow when the fucking 50% extra promo is over.

Here, I'm gonna give these games to my friend, she's gonna go outside the store and open them, and come back in and trade them in for me. All good? "No, come back another day." Eat a dick you fat fuck.

So, I couldn't trade in my second set of 3, and I also couldn't get the extra 50% for SSFIV and Dissidia.

The MANAGER there was like, what's this 3/10 deal? Only one I know about is an extra 10 dollars towards a purchase at the time of trade-in.

Worst part is, to get my 10% extra from EDGE I had to renew, which means the dumb bitch got a commission from it. fuck GAMESTOP. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/sigh

Base values:

:ps3:Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 - $7.25
:ps3:Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition - $14
:ps3:NBA 2K9 - $2.75
:ps3:Madden NFL 2008 - $1.25

:360:Infinite Undiscovery - $5
:360:Lost Odyssey - $7

:ds:Pokemon HeartGold - $17
:ds:Pokemon Platinum - $9.75

:ps2:God of War - $5.50
:ps2:Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $4
:ps2:Prince of Persia: Two Thrones - $3.25

:gba:Pokemon Ruby - $5.50[/QUOTE]

first off, the promos are automatic so you dont need to tell them anything. second, you cant trade in sealed games to gamestop. too risky that they may have been stolen. and third, we dont get any commission for selling an edge card. get your facts straight before you start bitching.

Gamestop has NEVER taken unopened games. U cant get all butthurt for her doing her job. The rest would have made me a little pissed off as well though

PGR4 - $1.50
Dark Sector - $1.50
Condemned 2 - $2.50
Marvel UA/ Forza 2 - $2.00
Fifa 07 - $1.50
Lord of the Rings BfME2 - $5.00

Modern Warfare 2 - $16.00
Super Street Fighter IV - $17.00
Left 4 Dead 2 - $10.00

Pretty good trade values with getting the extra $20 on the first 6, and then the bonus 50% on the last 3. I went ahead and bought an EDGE card which got me an extra $5 or $6 on the trades. I got about $104 total for games that I absolutely didn't want anymore. Now I have a lot of GS credit (since I already had a lot before this trade), and nothing I want to spend it on besides 3 preorders that I have down for 25% off each. GS has had some awesome deals and trade promos this year.

why would you bring sealed games into GS? Everyone in this thread has gone over this numerous times.

Did you ask her to trade in 3 games at a time? Or did she refuse a 6 game trade?

[quote name='Drizztd9']Gamestop has NEVER taken unopened games. U cant get all butthurt for her doing her job. The rest would have made me a little pissed off as well though[/QUOTE]
YMMV if you have a receipt to show you didn't steal it/them.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']YMMV if you have a receipt to show you didn't steal it/them.[/QUOTE]

ymmv indeed, but even with receipts they are not supposed to do it.

I know it's automatic, the chick was telling me that I was gonna get an extra 50% on the games that were less than $6/7, which wasn't true.

I told them that no, because they were less than $6 I should be getting the 3/10 deal, which they didn't even know existed.

I can bitch however much I want, because honestly you weren't there. I don't bitch often, but when the employees tell me that I'm full of shit and am trying to pull some sort of scam, I will take offense.

The chick straight up told me, "well the computer is going to give you the 50% extra and we can't override it" meaning I wouldn't get the 3/10 offer. You know, maybe if you're working there you should actually keep up with all the valid offers and how the system works? Too much to ask, I guess.

Also, I wasn't trying to trade in sealed games. AT THE SAME GameStop before, I was able to open them in the store and trade it in no problem. I only complained and told them their policy is inconsistent, to which they replied they didn't care. Take it up with corporate.

I do have an issue with the attitude of the employees. If they really don't care, they should give 2 shits about the customer. They don't lose anything from taking in a game which in the end, is NOT sealed when they accept it. It may have been stolen, sure, but that ceases to be a problem when I open it myself. When I give them the game, it's not sealed. They didn't give a crap whether my other open games were stolen or not, so why would it matter in this case.

And again, I stress that I have done exactly that with store managers there in multiple stores and it was fine. Inconsistency.
And telling me to open them and bring it in on another day is just plain bull. So they'll just feign ignorance the next time they see the games, eh? I wouldn't care that much, but the 50% promo ended today and I am losing $9 from trading in SSFIV tomorrow as opposed to now. Which, whatever. I'm not going to do, so all that results from this is their loss of business.

I honestly don't care about the EDGE commission or not. They force that crap on every customer that walks into the store, I figured there must be some incentive for them to do it.

Lastly, I went in there knowing what I wanted to do, how to use the promos, etc... They ended up not giving me the EDGE bonus on the 3/10 deal. I just couldn't get it through their heads on why I wanted to renew my EDGE first so that I could use it on the trade-ins for that day. I couldn't be fucked to talk with them anymore in the end.

I don't give a rat's ass if you work for GameStop or not. One store might not be the same as another. I don't need a lesson about GameStop's corporate policies and crap. Why you feel a need to defend the company brand is beyond me.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
I do have an issue with the attitude of the employees. If they really don't care, they should give 2 shits about the customer. They don't lose anything from taking in a game which in the end, is NOT sealed when they accept it. It may have been stolen, sure, but that ceases to be a problem when I open it myself. When I give them the game, it's not sealed. They didn't give a crap whether my other open games were stolen or not, so why would it matter in this case.
[/QUOTE]

Wasnt there. Don't know about their attitudes.

However, stolen games do matter. And I'm glad they don't want them per their policy. (at least in theory)

*yes, i know you didn't steal them. why didn't you just open it up outside the store?

They also had no idea why I was asking for $25 for Eternal Sonata, employee gave me the "wtf are you talking about" reply. Told them about the list of eligible games, they said they haven't heard a thing about it.

Again, should be automatic, but sure tell me I'm lying again. Thanks. Really helps.

I think they weren't really "defending" the corporate policy. They were pretty much restating the policy.

And if one is going to do business with a company, then one should know the policy to protect oneself.

Yeah it sucks you ran into this situation. When I run into similar instances, I either leave and go to another if I can or I simply don't do the business. Nothing much you can do other than that.

Yeah most Gamestop employees do have shitty attitudes. The clerk i got cash back on a reserve i paid credit for barely said two words to me. I had no problem taking that money. Oh and i agree with jiggyteddy...just go to another store. There usually like 5 miles apart. Hell there even used to be 2 in the same mall where im at.

[quote name='Drizztd9']Yeah most Gamestop employees do have shitty attitudes. The clerk i got cash back on a reserve i paid credit for barely said two words to me. I had no problem taking that money.[/QUOTE]
Of course you shouldn't have any problem taking that money--you simply cancelling your reserve. You fully have that right.

[quote name='frankcastle'] we dont get any commission for selling an edge card. [/QUOTE]
Then why do the Gamestop counter personnel compete with each other on how many edge cards they have sold at my local stores. Do they get an attaboy sticker or something.:bouncy:

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Of course you shouldn't have any problem taking that money--you simply cancelling your reserve. You fully have that right.[/QUOTE]

Its ok to get cash back on something i pre ordered with trade in credit? I mean they deduct like 20% if you want a cash trade in right? So if i reserve with the credit and go back a couple days later or something i can get full cash value?

I think everybody is forgetting that this is a retail job. I had my bad days when I worked retail, and I think it's all about the attiude and how you portray yourself to the employee.

Getting aggressive off the bat is never the proper way to solve a problem, explaining the situation and where you are coming from is defiently the way to go, if that doesn't work out it's better to take your business elsewhere. Demanding, or being aggressive will get you no where because the GS stores are so small the employees have a relationship with management and thus its harder to win a battle being agressive..

On that note, here are my TIV

Xbox 360
Saints Row- 2.50
Saints Row 2- 5.00
Tom Clancy's End- 4.00
Battlefield 2:Modern- 2.50
Devil May Cry 4- 2.00
Rock Band: AC/DC-2.50
NHL 2010: 17.00

WII
Call of Duty 3- 6.50
Red Steel-2.75
Marvel Ultimate Alliance-5.50

With all the promos I got 86.XX back. Not bad for a bunch of games i've beat and haven't picked up in ages.

[quote name='Drizztd9']Yeah most Gamestop employees do have shitty attitudes. The clerk i got cash back on a reserve i paid credit for barely said two words to me. I had no problem taking that money. Oh and i agree with jiggyteddy...just go to another store. There usually like 5 miles apart. Hell there even used to be 2 in the same mall where im at.[/QUOTE]
I don't think getting cash back is normal on that reserve... but hey, works out for you I suppose.

I know some people have GS stores conveniently located... and some people don't. And for those guys it truly does suck to be stuck with a store where you encounter issues.

my clerk was able to get the 3/10 deal to work, by scanning 3 games, then hitting an autocompute button, then do 3 more/autocompute, and so on.
Traded in 34 games (27 of which had such little value that I used the 3/10 deal for them).

Now I'm prepared to pick up any MUST HAVE games/accessories that get demoed at E3.

[quote name='Drizztd9']Its ok to get cash back on something i pre ordered with trade in credit? I mean they deduct like 20% if you want a cash trade in right? So if i reserve with the credit and go back a couple days later or something i can get full cash value?[/QUOTE]

No, but if they are not paying attention then yes. You are supposed to have it refunded as however it was originally paid for. Their records show how the payments were made and that is how they should refund it.

[quote name='flagg1216']No, but if they are not paying attention then yes. You are supposed to have it refunded as however it was originally paid for. Their records show how the payments were made and that is how they should refund it.[/QUOTE]

I thought so. Like i said he barely said two and probably didnt give a shit lol. Thank you

6/13/10 - all are base:

:psp: tiger woods 08 - $2.00
:psp: dissidia final fantasy - $7.25
:psp: daddy day camp (UMD) - $2.75
:psp: final fantasy - $4.75
:ds: picto image - $2.25
:360: battlefield bad company - $4.00
:360: virtua fighter 5 - $2.00
:ps2: madden 2001 - $0.20
:ps3: guitar hero: smash hits - $8.00

[quote name='kataztrophik']PrinnyOtaku I'm from MA too, which GS did you go to? I'll be sure to avoid it from now on...[/QUOTE]

It was the one in Coolidge Corner.

Also, I was in no way aggressive off the bat. I'm a very mellow person, but I do dislike talking to brick walls with no common sense.

@confoosius: They wouldn't let me "open them outside." It HAD to be another day. It's like, since they had knowledge of them being sealed at one point, they wouldn't take it. Hence why I said, even if I brought them in the day after, they'd just be feigning ignorance. I guess I ~could've~ opened them BEFORE I went to the store, but again from my previous experience it was fine to open it in the store so I didn't bother.

In terms of these deals, its best to go in and not say a word and just trade in the games and let the computer do it automatically. By going in and first off stating that i am going to get this on these games and that on this game may put the clerk on the defensive. I made the same mistake at KMARt today when I went to get the ME2 for 19.99. I told the clerk "yeah that should be 19.99." He proceeded to doubt me and say well no it is marked for 59.99 and it is not on sale to his knowledge. Well after small quibble I finally convinced him to sale it to me and what happened, it rang up 19.99. All I had to do was say I am going to buy ME2, leave it at that and just let him ring up, avoiding the whole quibble.

If you go into to GS and demand these trade deals, you might rub them the wrong way. Why chance it, just go in trade, we know the computer will take care of us. If it does not then simply point out the deal on their in-store signage as proof. Yes there is a flyer in-store for the guaranteed $25, and poster for the 3/10 deal. The employees performance are rated by there pre orders and game informer subs. Pick an employee at your GS and regularly preoroder and renew your edge with that one employee and they will eat out of hand.

Did some last minute trades. Here are new base TIV:

360:
Bully - $5.00
Call of Juarez: BIB - $4.00

I also noticed that Eternal Sonata for 360 hasn't been updated in a month. I traded it in and it is still $7.00.

Had a good day with the 50% credit deal, traded in a bunch of disc-only ugliness and only got socked once the second go around (from a new employee) with a small refurbishing fee. For you I have more base TIVs:

PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - $0.80
PS2 - Rygar: The Legendary Adventure - $0.70
PS2 - Naruto: Ultimate Ninja - 0.55
Gamecube - Sonic Riders - $2.75
PS2 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $5.75

PS2 - Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $2.50
PS2 - X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse - $2.50
PS2 - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun - $1.50
PS2 - Peter Jackson's King Kong - $1.50
PS2 - Madden NFL 08 - $1.25
PS2 - Star Wars: Battlefront - $4.25

i walked in and told the guy behind the counter what i wanted to do. his manager said the computer would pick best option for me. i told him no it wouldnt and the manager acctually had the guy ring up 2 times just to make sure i was right. manager was cool about it and said i was right

i have no problem with gamestop i use them for my gain, like the 50 bonus or the glitch for split second for 30 (sweet game btw)

any way trade in base value
forza 3 -12 went to 25 after he rung it up ant totaled it
jewel quest adventure-ds-5.50
hysteria hospital-ds-3.75
bioshock-360-4.00

got 50 dollars for about 10 out of pocket

[quote name='hoofrog']Yes, you are wrong unfortunately. They are separate promotions and will not stack.[/QUOTE]

I guess I didn't think the $25 games trade-in was a promo. Just an ad telling you which games traded in for $25.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It was the one in Coolidge Corner.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I try not to go to that one if I can help it. Over the last year or so, the quality of service there has really gone downhill. I tend to go to either the JP or the Everett locations. There are 3 in Everett within 5 minutes of each other, great when you have multiple copies of a game to flip.

Was getting ready to update and my netbook just took a dive, working on getting it back up and running so I can get things updated for the evening.

So anyone that has experience with the trade-ins shed some light to my conundrum:

Today, I went in to trade 35 games, 30 of which I wanted to do the trade 3, get $10 since they had low TIVs, above $1. I mentioned this to the clerk and he said the comp takes the best deal vs (50%). When I got my receipt, I noticed it was actually less then what I calculated with the original TIV + 3 for $10. I put all this in a spreadsheet to show them, with an actual $56 gain by using the 3 for 10, instead of the 50% promo.

To further muddy this mess, they forgot to add one of the games to my store credit, will I be able to prove this?

Any advice on what I should do?

Once you leave the store after the transaction, it's really hard to get much done. Now a game they didn't scan shouldn't be too hard to figure out because they should have an extra game without a label. Proving that it was yours though could be interesting. I'm actually glad to see the 50% go away because it was jacking up the computer on which promo was best. A lot of times if you had one game that would benefit from the 50% over the trade 3 get $10, it would give everything 50% and give people less than they expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back