GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Buzzman']can you put stuff on a usb drive then put it on the cpu, buy the new 360 and put the shit from the cpu back not he usb drive and then finally back on the new harddrive?[/QUOTE]

along with this question I have the Asian copy of a game it works fine and even has English box art but with some Japanese writing on it. Will they still take it?

It took me a few tries to trade in a PAL LittleBigPlanet - you may be out of luck with one that is more visibly foreign. Maybe try disc only?

[quote name='jp0213']The edge values would be off base, not the promo values.[/QUOTE]

ah yes i forgot that part..so ok adding everything i could think of i get:

console- $100.00
hd av cables- $4.50
wired headset-$5.00
wireless cont-$25.00
20GB HDD- $30.00
Rech. Battery- $3.00
Total- $171.22 (after edge on base accesories value)

and i have about $265 in gamestop credit right now..so using half my credit i can upgrade my console. but then i'll also have to transfer all my info and that would require the $20 transfer cable. hmm

The e-mail does not state if EDGE stacks with the promo values.

I would imagine that the controller must be 1st party, as well. But I'm not particularly sure on that.

[quote name='JocularMango']When do you guys think the next buy 2 get 1 free is?[/QUOTE]

...*sigh* we've been waiting so long for one dude. Last one was in Late december :cry: So much credit saved up. Most LIKELY there will be one this summer.

[quote name='atc250es']Will Edge stack with the accessories? (In the 360 traded towards the slim deal)[/QUOTE]
Yes, but their normal base values not the promo values.
[quote name='President_Evil']So I think I might bite, but I have a few questions first. Can I use store credit towards the slim transaction? I ask because I'm thinking I'll trade in FFXIII for $25 store credit, then my DS Lite for $40 + $25 (hardware bonus promo), and finally my xbox and controller ($100), an additional wireless controller ($25), and my 20 gb drive ($30), for a total of $245.

I realize this probably falls under "cannot be combined with any other offer," but I have to ask the dumb noob question: Will this work? I am fully willing to drive to three different GameStops if need be.[/QUOTE]
You can do that, you just have to do them as separate transactions. They don't care how you pay for the Slim just as long as you pay.
[quote name='JocularMango']When do you guys think the next buy 2 get 1 free is?[/QUOTE]
No idea.

Looks like I will be heading to GameStop Thursday after work. With these current promos, I should be able to pay off my new 360 slim and then some. Thanks for the information!

so will the 360 slim stay @ $299 as stated in E3? Called my local gamestop and only 1 person from 5 stores gave me official wording of this deal and knew about it but stated in the email he got the 360 slim was priced at $349. Just looking to get confirmation. Am looking forward to it..

The Gamestop that I normally go to (bless their souls) was kind enough to give me back my 360 and controller I so foolishly traded in earlier today so I could take advantage of the promo on Thursday. Which I thoroughly plan on doing.

rah rah Gamestop!

[quote name='ajh2298']So the only way you get the bumped up value on the 360 Hard Drives is when you trade it towards the Slim 360 correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes...as stated in the OP.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Yes...as stated in the OP.[/QUOTE]

So your pretty much SOL about transfering saves over if you dont have a combatable flash drive with enough space for all your saves.

[quote name='ajh2298']So your pretty much SOL about transfering saves over if you dont have a combatable flash drive with enough space for all your saves.[/QUOTE]

I think you can reactivate your account on another 360 once a year to download all your stuff if you need to.

[quote name='Distrato']I think you can reactivate your account on another 360 once a year to download all your stuff if you need to.[/QUOTE]

Downloads/Content - YES
Gamesaves - NO

[quote name='y2jasper']but then i'll also have to transfer all my info and that would require the $20 transfer cable. hmm[/QUOTE]

How are you going to transfer the data off of your current 360 to the new one, if you trade the current one in for the new one? Will they let you do the transfer in store?

I may bite on this deal. I've got a 120 GB Jasper Elite, a wireless controller, wired headset and 802.11g wireless adapter (official). So, if I'm doing the math right, that's:

360: 100
120 GB HDD: 40+3.00
Wireless G Adaptor: 40+2.40
Wireless controller: 20+1.28
Wired headset: 9.50+0.95

Total: $217.13

Not bad. But do I really need a "New Xbox 360"? It would be $82.86 + tax on $299.99. For me that works out to $100.86 out of pocket. Hmm. I might have a hard time getting that one approved....

[quote name='crunchewy']How are you going to transfer the data off of your current 360 to the new one, if you trade the current one in for the new one? Will they let you do the transfer in store?

I may bite on this deal. I've got a 120 GB Jasper Elite, a wireless controller, wired headset and 802.11g wireless adapter (official). So, if I'm doing the math right, that's:

360: 100
120 GB HDD: 40+3.00
Wireless G Adaptor: 40+2.40
Wireless controller: 20+1.28
Wired headset: 9.50+0.95

Total: $217.13

Not bad. But do I really need a "New Xbox 360"? It would be $82.86 + tax on $299.99. For me that works out to $100.86 out of pocket. Hmm. I might have a hard time getting that one approved....[/QUOTE]

well the email regian read said the promo will allow you to come back within 7 days of picking up your slim and trade in your old hard drive for the bumped up value

[quote name='JMClarkent']Downloads/Content - YES
Gamesaves - NO[/QUOTE]

I'm sure everyone by now has SOMETHING that can store data.

Gamesaves - NO[/QUOTE]

Actually I think it might restore your XBLA save files. They seem to stay no matter what you do, so they're been recovered from *somewhere*. Are save files really that huge? Also, couldn't you use a smaller flash drive, copy saves to it, then copy to your computer, then copy more saves, etc? It would be a pain, though, if it's even possible. Your XBLA game downloads are all recoverable.

any idea on the specifications as far as the composite/component cables when trading in a 360. i think i sold mine back to gamestop because i didnt need it since i use hdmi cables. can i just buy a cheap 3rd part composite cable and pass it off or does everything need to be 1st party? also isnt this deal worse than the last one(except for the accessory bundles)? i mean it was $90 base +$25...

[quote name='y2jasper']well the email regian read said the promo will allow you to come back within 7 days of picking up your slim and trade in your old hard drive for the bumped up value[/QUOTE]

How does the transfer work? Does the hard drive have to be connected to a 360 to do the transfer, or does the transfer cable power the hard drive?

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't let you go ahead and hook up the new system to transfer the data.

I'm a manager at GS and anyone that wants to trade up will be able to go ahead and transfer everything from their old hard drive to the new slim HDD.

Be aware though that Gamestops are getting VERY limited numbers of the new slims in for launch this Friday. Can't exactly say how many though. This may have been mentioned already, but I'm not going through the numerous pages that have appeared since my last log in.

Stores are supposed to be getting them on Friday maybe earlier. I had at least 50 calls today just to ask if I had the new slims in stock. Seems like these things are going to go fast.

[quote name='Regian']Sorry for the new post, but I have just seen in the e-mail that for those who want to transfer hard drives when they get their new Slim, GameStop will honor the promo HDD trade-in price within seven days of your Slim purchase. You will need to hang on to your receipt for that.[/QUOTE]

So from this I have a few questions that I hope the experts can answer. Please understand I never had to do this as I have been lucky with my Elite thus far. I understand that we will get the promo credit for the HDD up to 7 days after trade in as long as we keep the receipt, but say I want to use that HDD for the trade in special, but I also need to transfer the data as I have a lot of stuff. What are my options?

I never had to do this before so please bear with my inexperience. Do I have the option of going with a 16GB USB drive and copy directly from 360 to either my PC or Slim? If so, from what location on the 360 interface do I do this backup to USB and what exactly does it copy over (system state, DLC, Avatar, games, themes, music, movies, etc...)?

If it does transfer the games and DLC, can I play that from the data transfer or do I still need to call MS for licensing on the new system due to possible system and account profile being tied to my Elite? If not, does the licensing just factor into the already downloaded stuff from the MS Live store if I do decide to redownload deleted D/Ls from the past?

Let's say I have a 120GB HDD and 60GB is used (lots of Rock Band music), can I copy over parts of the backup in 16GB max increments in say 5 separate data transfers to my PC or slim? If I cannot do the trasnfer in parts, does this mean that the MS cable is the ONLY way to do this?

What would you do in my shoes? Should I order the MS data cable and do a direct transfer from Elite to Slim or could I delete most of the stuff that I D/L to get to the 16GB USB capacity, then back up those essentials and call MS for licensing to redownload the stuff I deleted?

Thank you so much community as you are the best.

Gamesaves - NO[/QUOTE]

Wait i'm confused, why can't you transfer gamesaves?

Now I'm wondering if I should do this deal.

If I can just transfer the data and bring the HDD in later for the extra bump, that's awesome, props to GS.

[quote name='spincut']Wait i'm confused, why can't you transfer gamesaves?[/QUOTE]

Reading back, I think that guy was saying you can't DOWNLOAD your gamesaves, you can only download your profile and re-download your DLC.

I don't know which page the new slim deal started so I'll just ask, would I be able to trade multiple 360 consoles toward a slim? If I had 3 consoles, for instance, could I trade them all and get a new slim without any change out of pocket, or is it limited to one? Obviously multiple transactions would not work since it has to be traded towards the slim.

My gamestop didn't really seem to know about the hardware and accessory trade ins going towards the slim. They said to bring in a print out, and since I didn't get an email, could someone upload it for me? Thanks in advance.

SO with these revelations, let's say I have a 120GB HDD and 60GB is used, can I copy over parts of the backup in 16GB max increments in say 5 separate data transfers to my PC or slim? If I cannot do the trasnfer in parts, does this mean that the MS cable is the ONLY way to do this?

Should I order the MS data cable and do a direct transfer from Elite to Slim or could I delete most of the stuff that I D/L to get to the 16GB USB capacity, then back up those essentials and call MS for licensing to redownload the stuff I deleted?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I cannot transfer out the saved music I have on my 360 and some of my old(er) videos from the zune marketplace either. I noticed some of them are no longer available, some were for a limited time, others are music videos but were removed from the music video part of the marketplace for some reason. I go through my download list and they're not listed. Any way around this? I am planning on trading in my 360 arcade+120gb hd so i'd to transfer everything over onto the new slim 360 hd. Otherwise i'll have no choice but to not trade in the 120gb hd and just sell it aside.

[quote name='zealous reaper']My gamestop didn't really seem to know about the hardware and accessory trade ins going towards the slim. They said to bring in a print out, and since I didn't get an email, could someone upload it for me? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's not active until Thursday, if the previous posts are to be believed :)

[quote name='Katsumi87']It's not active until Thursday, if the previous posts are to be believed :)[/QUOTE]

plus, i believe it wasn't a marketing email but an internal email.

DAMMIT, I traded in my wireless adapter with my xbox yesterday for $24, now it'll be $40:bomb: Great news on the 256 memory card though, definitely haven't used mine in forever.

hey guys im a bit confused, so my 360 accessories are as follows:

-Console (original)
-20 GB HD
-2 Wireless controllers
-Wireless Network Adaptor (no disc, i dont think it came with out, i bought it from best buy...)

so im guessing..

$25 for 2x wireless controllers
$30 for 20gb HD
$50 Wireless Network Adaptor

so i guess i can get the slim for free since the accessories alone covers $130???

[quote name='giantqtipz']hey guys im a bit confused, so my 360 accessories are as follows:

-Console (original)
-20 GB HD
-2 Wireless controllers
-Wireless Network Adaptor (no disc, i dont think it came with out, i bought it from best buy...)

so im guessing..

$25 for 2x wireless controllers
$30 for 20gb HD
$50 Wireless Network Adaptor

so i guess i can get the slim for free since the accessories alone covers $130???[/QUOTE]

Take off $25 as the xbox trade requires a controller. So you get:

xbox w/controller: $100
controller: $25
20gb HD: $30

As for the wireless adapter, is it the double antenna N wireless or the 1 antenna G? I don't think GS can take the N without the disc as it'll be useless without it...and the 'slim' is $299.99, so I doubt you'll be getting it for free.

Okay, quick question then. It seems that the stores will be getting shipments in on Friday or is it going to be Thursday when this promo starts?

And...are they now taking orders for this? So if my store doesn't get the Slims on Thursday then do I get to "preorder it?"

[quote name='joshnorm']Okay, quick question then. It seems that the stores will be getting shipments in on Friday or is it going to be Thursday when this promo starts?

And...are they now taking orders for this? So if my store doesn't get the Slims on Thursday then do I get to "preorder it?"[/QUOTE]

Only pre-orders for Slim are online, but that doesn't help you with the trade special in store. Only Kinect is available for pre-order in store.

Love that they are doing this upgrade deal. Hope they will allow you to pre-order it in store if they don't have them in stock.

So when do you all think this will be advertised? If we go in tomorrow and trade in our stuff, are we guaranteed a Slim Friday?

I have 2 consoles I want to trade in. I wonder if they will accept both as part of the promo for a single Xbox 360S transaction. It'd knock a significant chunk of the price off for me...

Also, when trading wireless controllers, what all is needed? Controller and battery pack? I can't find all the battery packs for all 4 of my controllers.

[quote name='Envel']So when do you all think this will be advertised? If we go in tomorrow and trade in our stuff, are we guaranteed a Slim?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that stores will advertise that they have received their new 360's in stock. I was told "First come, first serve" on the systems at Gamestop. So, I would assume nothing is guaranteed, even if you trade stuff in toward a new 360.

Judging by the amount of calls most stores seem to be receiving asking for the new 360, most stores won't have a chance to put them behind the case.

[quote name='DrMunkee']I doubt that stores will advertise that they have received their new 360's in stock. I was told "First come, first serve" on the systems at Gamestop. So, I would assume nothing is guaranteed, even if you trade stuff in toward a new 360.

Judging by the amount of calls most stores seem to be receiving asking for the new 360, most stores won't have a chance to put them behind the case.[/QUOTE]No I mean advertise the upgrade promo

There are NO pre-orders for the Slim at GS regardless of you trading in your stuff in advance. Actually, you wouldn't be able to trade in your 360 at the promotion rate unless the Slim was in stock at the time because this is a trade in special directly for the Slim at that moment. Also, this is NOT considered a pre-order as some stores like Amazon already had them in stock and the street date was yesterday for those lucky enough to have them. Furthermore, GS online has them available to order now and not pre-order. It is just that stores like BB and GS won't have them until Thursday or Friday and they will be in very limited first come, first serve supply. Only online would some stores allow you to order something on backorder as no physical GS stores that I know will ever take your order on an out of stock item.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back